What happened to Beyblade?!

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/garde...homes.html 
Done yet? Good. As you just read (and most likely already know), MFB was the great rise of Beyblade. Than it died. How?! It became just another target for overactive parents, is the way I see it, but still... How could something like that just... Die?! Than Burst came out. It slightly rose again in the youth. Slightly. The thing that used to be in the homes of nearly every kid in the US, slightly popular. Why don't we do something about this?! Amongst the WBO, ofcourse we still care about Beyblade, but what about the now 9-year olds, the age that used to love Beyblade, now taken over by full grown adults! What happened to the full 2 aisle in Walmart dedicated to them?! We need to revive Beyblade. Somehow. Your thoughts, everybody?
This is pretty much the WBO's goal. Using tourneys and having discussions and stuff and therefore spread the hobby.
(May. 18, 2018  7:47 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: Beyblade is very much alive?

It think he means when it was widely popular. I remember back when MFB came out everyone in the area was talking about it and everyone in school had one until they banned them xD  Its still very much alive but the popularity is really geared around the WBO now
I don't see that the article sounds like it's a parent-caused problem? It sounds like some were a little annoyed, but they overall approved of it.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are places like this already, where kids in school are really into it. The stores in my area are bare from the latest Beyblades from Hasbro, but I wouldn't know of kids who play with them since I'm not involved with that age-group.

I think Beyblade is more popular than people think, it's just the fragmentation of the community that makes it feel otherwise. And really, the only way to do something about it is to work toward organizing things in your area and spreading the word. Find those people. Get more people aware. And that might involve being more willing to have Hasbro-only tournaments in some cases, but overall, try to be as welcoming to whatever Bladers you can find and help them out.
I can go to a store and see 15 of the same Beyblade and go back the next day and see none. I have seen kids picking Beyblades at Walmart too.
I have heard about Beyblades running out of stock. This is either cuz people are not buying Beyblades or this is because people are buying TOO many. I think it's too many cuz even TT are having problems with supplying beys and are limiting people to only one ChoZ bey per person. So I guess the job of TT and Hasbro and WBO are really making a big impact...
Same here, go to the shop one day and next all gone!
(May. 19, 2018  3:36 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I can go to a store and see 15 of the same Beyblade and go back the next day and see none. I have seen kids picking Beyblades at Walmart too.

Well I don't know :/ I never see any of the latest Beyblades around my area. Really only the sets and the dual layers.
My Walmart was out of stock for everything (they had) except for the stadium, K2 and V2 set (the one with the stadium), and the bey locker.
I really want be beyblade to come back to life
i miss it...
Every day after school everyone used to get there beyblades and battle each other it was fun! But now idk...
Well let’s think, it’s a new era of kids so of course they like like different things.
The majority of beyblades I see kids play with are the hasbro ones, maybe they are turned down from the fact by no metal.
And the last thing to me is advertising, this generation Beyblade burst in the us gets barely no advertisation for me, on tv, basically anywhere.

This is the reason why they started experimenting with things outside the Beyblade franchise and they messed them up, it was a total flop, and because if they fans either left the Beyblade scene in general or wanted a Beyblade metal fight season 4. Which when burst comes around, they call the burst blades weak, even though they have different power systems, different generations, and in my opinion, better anime

Heck to this day I still people want a mfb season 4(not shogun) and a new season after g revolution, but what would be cool is if there was a movie crossing the generations into one, that would bring in a lot of fans from all generations of Beyblade to check out the new stuff and give it a try
(Aug. 22, 2020  7:39 AM)Hyuga/Hyperion9 Wrote: I really want be beyblade to come back to life
i miss it...
Every day after school everyone used to get there beyblades and battle each other it was fun! But now idk...

Necroposting a thread like this that hasn't been posted in two years is frowned upon. Don't do it again.

If you aren't going to look at the date of a last post on a thread, and it's a temporary sort of discussion rather than an evergreen one, Don't Post.