What do you think about Gachi?

The toyline is good, it's very fun, bringing back the bursting factor to it (besides Spriggan), and they have incredible designs and cool new innovations. I also love the customisation of the parts, whether it be the shape, weight distribution or teeth. As far as I'm concerned, switching teeth USED to be a double edged sword for me, but I've come to realize that sharp teeth in defense layer bases seem to have worse strength for some reason, no matter what teeth are used, the teeth feel noticeably less raised than if it was on aggressive layer bases, which is a smart choice, albeit sucks for defense bases.

The anime though... okay well before I give my thoughts on it, I am aware that I tend to judge a series too early and write them off as mediocre before it's finished. Like, with the God series, I initially didn't enjoy it that much but as the series finished, I really liked it, and appreciated other elements as time went on, and it became my favourite Burst season, Chouzetsu also got better over time for me. Letting the seasons settle a bit before I give my opinion on them basically.

Alright enough stalling, let's give my opinions on Gachi... so far anyway. This might not come as a shock to anyone but... yeah, I really don't like the anime so far. Calling it painfully average is a bit too nice for it IMHO. And here's why I don't like it.

Warning! This spoiler contains me being negative towards the anime again, and has my critical thoughts towards the GT anime... so if that's not for you and you don't like Burst animes getting criticized, then this isn't for you. And it's a super long review, with no TL-DR's

(Sep. 10, 2019  11:12 AM)Jinbee Wrote: The toyline is good, it's very fun, bringing back the bursting factor to it (besides Spriggan), and they have incredible designs and cool new innovations. I also love the customisation of the parts, whether it be the shape, weight distribution or teeth. As far as I'm concerned, switching teeth USED to be a double edged sword for me, but I've come to realize that sharp teeth in defense layer bases seem to have worse strength for some reason, no matter what teeth are used, the teeth feel noticeably less raised than if it was on aggressive layer bases, which is a smart choice, albeit sucks for defense bases.

The anime though... okay well before I give my thoughts on it, I am aware that I tend to judge a series too early and write them off as mediocre before it's finished. Like, with the God series, I initially didn't enjoy it that much but as the series finished, I really liked it, and appreciated other elements as time went on, and it became my favourite Burst season, Chouzetsu also got better over time for me. Letting the seasons settle a bit before I give my opinion on them basically.

Alright enough stalling, let's give my opinions on Gachi... so far anyway. This might not come as a shock to anyone but... yeah, I really don't like the anime so far. Calling it painfully average is a bit too nice for it IMHO. And here's why I don't like it.

Warning! This spoiler contains me being negative towards the anime again, and has my critical thoughts towards the GT anime... so if that's not for you and you don't like Burst animes getting criticized, then this isn't for you. And it's a super long review, with no TL-DR's

I agree with a lot of this.
Same here.
(Sep. 10, 2019  3:36 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2019  8:21 PM)g2_ Wrote: Honestly I agree.

explain.

(Sep. 10, 2019  3:34 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: The GT releases were all good so far, but the anime, I only watch it because it’s Beyblade Burst.

Wow. Geuss people hate this season...

I’ll explain why I think it’s the worst season. There isn’t really any originality, all the characters are basically the same and there are, so far, only 5 original beyblades and they are all very uninspired. Drum is annoying, but in a different way than Valt was. Valt had flaws that got resolved over time, but Drum doesn’t even have flaws, he’s just annoying and bland and he always wins. He’s worse than Aiga was!

And all the battles are bland. “oh no his bey just flew into the air, what’s gonna happen oh wait nvm it’s a new move wow the other guy burst yay drum wins”

Also, the 12 minute run time means that very little plot resolution or conflict actually happens within the episode.
"What do you think about Gachi?"

Personally, its too early to tell for me because I like to look at the buildup, introduction, arcs, and conclusion and at the time of this message, "Gachi" isn't finished yet.

I think out of all 4, Gachi may be my least favorite as of right now. I don't think the show is bad by any means, but I definitely believe there is an inferiority in terms of pacing, timing, and differences at least in comparison to the other three. On its own merit, I believe it can stand tall and proud. Compared with its predecessors, it is possibly the shortest if height were a gauge.

In Season 1, it was nice to see such a good following and buildup of characters from the protagonist to the antagonist. The conclusion was a bitter sweet moment. A loss that still ended in victory for Valt. He loss to Lui (in addition his friend Shu lost), had his beyblade damaged/broken, but was still scouted, offered, and recruited by BC Sol.

In Season 2, it was nice to see some realistic implementations and story lines. I definitely enjoyed how some characters tried their hardest and had to accept that their growth had stopped and reached its limit (I think one character became a trainer and two others left because the only way they would shine is to start small and grow again with another team). Also characters like Shu and Lui, showed the types of mentalities that have to be fought if you appreciate sportsmanship. Characters like Free even received influence from Valt. Lui only thought of himself as the best, enjoyed to see others lose, and reveled in whatever pain he caused his opponents. Shu was so committed to win he pushed away those close, and gave up his morals to win. And yet, it coincided with Valt's story as Valt's attitude and sportsmanship and appreciation for the game, and love for his friend ultimately won over Shu's machine like resolve. And Shu was gained back.

In Season 3, I felt it was a great and bitter sweet season. Missed 2 years of Valt's time as champion, but gained an interesting new protagonist with a similar but different dynamic and complex in the form of Aiga, alot of characters went into the background or were dropped completely but there was also an introduction of new characters. Sometimes, the pacing felt off. But it was very realistic to a degree. For example Valt losing to Aiga still felt rewarding given that Valt achieved his goals, trained a protege, and still loved the game enough to continue blading as well as the fact that once Aiga no longer was dark, he won fair and square and finally understood the nature of the sport. But before that, seeing some of the strongest characters from a previous season seem like fodder kind of hurts in an almost unrealistic way. I can't think of any sport mental or athletic where after a year or two years, a player is no longer in his a prime, one of the best, or a contender in any way. It would be a like a team or player being a world champion for a year and then the next year dropping below the rankings, no longer being a contender, losing most games to younger and inexperienced players, etc. For example, Shu [Most Popular Character] losing to Phi, Free [3rd Most Popular Character] losing to Phi and no CHO-Z upgrade/release. which reminded me of Ryuga losing against Rago which I never enjoyed, and even Valt [2nd Most popular character] not being able to avenge his friends. So this season hurt in more ways than one. I enjoyed this season, but I feel like I'm left with more questions than answers.

In Season 4, I am definitely here to say it feels nice, and enjoyable to an extent especially given how the popularity in real life and the story has surged. At the same time, many more nice characters are gone. Some were dropped completely. Some don't have any kind of payoff. Other moments and potential moments seem gone for good.
Sad they are rebooting again burst just got to it’s peak
(Sep. 11, 2019  12:14 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: Sad they are rebooting again burst just got to it’s peak

Really? Are you referring to Season 4 or the franchise altogether? I haven't heard yet.
Can we all agree Fumiya doesn't deserve some of the hate he gets?
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:13 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Can we all agree Fumiya doesn't deserve some of the hate he gets?

Yes! He's actually a good character!

Unrelated, but can I just say that Cho-z is the worst, most overrated season of burst.
I love arguing about which burst season is better, but before I do that I must say that every season was a 10/10 for me, so even when I point out things I didn't like that much.. it's still really damn good.

So far my ranking would be:

Season 1 > God > Gachi > Chouzetsu

It is kinda a shame that no season after it has captured the simplicity and perfectness of season 1. God has followed its tracks and was really great, especially the second half. I did not like the first 25 episodes but looking back, it was just meant to set up the following ones, which were awesome.

Chouzezsu was good but..just not good enough compared to the others. Aiga had a lot of character to him and he was awesome, but the finale kinda sucked (SERIOUSLY 5 out of the last 10 episodes were basically just training/filler.. compare that to the huge tournaments at the end of the two previous seasons.) There was also a lot of wasted potentional when it comes to some characters and some things didn't make any sense.

Gachi, however, is very solid so far. Very lighthearted and fun, but has zero plot. I don't really mind though and I'll see where it goes. You have to look at Gachi in a different way though because of the episode lenght.
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:13 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Can we all agree Fumiya doesn't deserve some of the hate he gets?

Oh absolutely, in my honest opinion. He's quite a fun and enjoyable character to watch and I always love the little bits we're given about his backstory and his deal with his own sister, it's great.

In fact the only reason he's hated is just because he replaced Free as a Fafnir owner, if not that he wouldn't get as much hate. It's similar to Kyle in a sense, where as a character on his own, he's not really hated but fans have some animosity towards them for replacing the previous.
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:13 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Can we all agree Fumiya doesn't deserve some of the hate he gets?

Ironically, he's actually my favourite character in Gachi. I just find him entertaining and funny with his character's eccentric personality and also interesting because of his relationship with Ichika.

In some ways, I think he's better than Free haha.

Also, I prefer him over Delta (who I find very overrated so far).
(Sep. 11, 2019  5:43 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  4:13 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Can we all agree Fumiya doesn't deserve some of the hate he gets?

Oh absolutely, in my honest opinion. He's quite a fun and enjoyable character to watch and I always love the little bits we're given about his backstory and his deal with his own sister, it's great.

In fact the only reason he's hated is just because he replaced Free as a Fafnir owner, if not that he wouldn't get as much hate. It's similar to Kyle in a sense, where as a character on his own, he's not really hated but fans have some animosity towards them for replacing the previous.

Only difference is Kyle didn't do anything and was wasted.
(Sep. 11, 2019  1:50 PM)ChrisFit Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  12:14 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: Sad they are rebooting again burst just got to it’s peak

Really? Are you referring to Season 4 or the franchise altogether? I haven't heard yet.

Franchise burst is ending in early 2020
So A they reboot 
Or B they give up on beyblade which is dumb so 99.9% A
(Sep. 11, 2019  8:01 PM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  1:50 PM)ChrisFit Wrote: Really? Are you referring to Season 4 or the franchise altogether? I haven't heard yet.

Franchise burst is ending in early 2020
So A they reboot 

Burst didn’t just get to it’s peak, it’s peak was around the end of S1 all the way up to the reveal of Red Eye being Shu, which is where it all started to go downhill.
(Sep. 11, 2019  9:53 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  8:01 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: Franchise burst is ending in early 2020
So A they reboot 

Burst didn’t just get to it’s peak, it’s peak was around the end of S1 all the way up to the reveal of Red Eye being Shu, which is where it all started to go downhill.
Competitive combos
(Sep. 11, 2019  6:20 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  5:43 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Oh absolutely, in my honest opinion. He's quite a fun and enjoyable character to watch and I always love the little bits we're given about his backstory and his deal with his own sister, it's great.

Only difference is Kyle didn't do anything and was wasted.

He wall jumps like a boss, his mask is cool, and his fight with Free was awesome....but yeah I wish he did more.

(Sep. 11, 2019  5:19 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:

Yes! He's actually a good character!

Unrelated, but can I just say that Cho-z is the worst, most overrated season of burst.

To be overrated, you kinda have to be well liked, and Cho-Z's the most polarizing...if not second most polarizing next to Gachi. Cuz even though I liked it, people's opinions are all over the place. Most people watching the dub generally like it, but it just splits people down the middle. The Longinus Arc is well liked except people's opinions shift the moment someone brings up Lui's role in there, the Battleship Cruise is either seen as the best or the worst arc, the Dead Gran arc wasn't liked until the end, and the final arc was...split except for Toko's episode and Aiga vs Phi. Seriously, people wanted Aiga dead in episode 51....like relax.
(Sep. 10, 2019  11:12 AM)Jinbee Wrote: The toyline is good, it's very fun, bringing back the bursting factor to it (besides Spriggan), and they have incredible designs and cool new innovations. I also love the customisation of the parts, whether it be the shape, weight distribution or teeth. As far as I'm concerned, switching teeth USED to be a double edged sword for me, but I've come to realize that sharp teeth in defense layer bases seem to have worse strength for some reason, no matter what teeth are used, the teeth feel noticeably less raised than if it was on aggressive layer bases, which is a smart choice, albeit sucks for defense bases.

You, good sir, have said some of the exact things I have been thinking these past few weeks. One of my pet peeves is that Drum is seemingly losing, but wait, there's more! Use Gold Turbo to beat someone who just seconds ago was overwhelming you. Instant solution. And some of the character's gimmicks don't really appeal to me. Like the little kid who feels the need to record just about everything he sees (I might be exaggerating).
(Sep. 12, 2019  3:44 AM)Rocketmann Wrote: You, good sir, have said some of the exact things I have been thinking these past few weeks. One of my pet peeves is that Drum is seemingly losing, but wait, there's more! Use Gold Turbo to beat someone who just seconds ago was overwhelming you. Instant solution. And some of the character's gimmicks don't really appeal to me. Like the little kid who feels the need to record just about everything he sees (I might be exaggerating).

You're talking about Takane (Amane's little brother) aren't you? If so then I agree.

In fact, I've expressed several times that I don't like Takane. He's honestly one of my least favourite characters. He's like everything wrong with a token mini-moe type character (characters I usually don't like to begin with) but out of all of the mini-moe characters, he's the worst one. He tries way too hard to be hip, over-the-top, overly cutesy and comedic but there's one problem, he's not funny. He's extremely annoying and his voice is honestly like if someone drilled in my ears.

I know a lot of people like him and that's fine, I just don't.
(Sep. 12, 2019  6:08 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2019  3:44 AM)Rocketmann Wrote: You, good sir, have said some of the exact things I have been thinking these past few weeks. One of my pet peeves is that Drum is seemingly losing, but wait, there's more! Use Gold Turbo to beat someone who just seconds ago was overwhelming you. Instant solution. And some of the character's gimmicks don't really appeal to me. Like the little kid who feels the need to record just about everything he sees (I might be exaggerating).

You're talking about Takane (Amane's little brother) aren't you? If so then I agree.

In fact, I've expressed several times that I don't like Takane. He's honestly one of my least favourite characters. He's like everything wrong with a token mini-moe type character (characters I usually don't like to begin with) but out of all of the mini-moe characters, he's the worst one. He tries way too hard to be hip, over-the-top, overly cutesy and comedic but there's one problem, he's not funny. He's extremely annoying and his voice is honestly like if someone drilled in my ears.

Yes, it was him. I don't know if they wanted to change the "helpful younger sibling" dynamic that had been done by Tokonatsu, Nika and Naru, but...the new dynamic doesn't sit right with me, because I also share most of the opinions you stated.

Plus his "OMG a battle! I MUST stream it even though I have no business doing so!" gimmick makes me cringe.
(Sep. 12, 2019  7:17 PM)Rocketmann Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2019  6:08 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: You're talking about Takane (Amane's little brother) aren't you? If so then I agree.

Yes, it was him. I don't know if they wanted to change the "helpful younger sibling" dynamic that had been done by Tokonatsu, Nika and Naru, but...the new dynamic doesn't sit right with me, because I also share most of the opinions you stated.

Plus his "OMG a battle! I MUST stream it even though I have no business doing so!" gimmick makes me cringe.

Oh yes, his "I MUST GET MY PHONE OUT TO LIVE STREAM A BEYBATTLE WHILST MAKING OBNOXIOUS SQUEALING TO BE HIP WITH THE KIDS" act is very cringeworthy. I think it's his voice, his obnoxious personality and his general unfunny presences gets on my nerves. He's obviously trying to be hip with the younger audience but I can't see any kids in Japan who was like "wow, this kid is hilarious!" (Though I know a lot of Gachi fans here do like him).

He's only had like one good moment which is where he stuck up for Amane in ep 17... that's it.
So in short: the solutions to fix Gachi (for those that don't like it) or make it more likeable (for those that do)...
1. Give at least half of the pre-existing characters more depth.
2. Don't delegate characters to just abandoning them after they play a major role for a string of episodes (Lodin, Joe). Please don't do it to Blind, right now he's just BLIND to rage.....I'll see myself out and I hope he gets better.
3. Make the battles more unpredictable (either using different characters for battles most of us wouldn't have predicted) or at the very least make the character losing perform their very best so they aren't see as a joke. And in Drum's case (which...his battles aren't really predictable imo since he hasn't Burst Pot, his strategy against Blind was moreso strategy than routine), don't just make them simple 2-1 comebacks like with Valt back in the original series up until his tournament match with Wakiya. I'd say his battles with Joe and Lodin are the best examples since they were more longer and even till the final round. Just apply this with more characters.
4. (I complain about Defense types being too op in the anime and then the two GT characters with defense types that I like as well as Rock are viewed as the punching bags, go figure) Get Amane more development or signs of his Gold Turbo. And by extension, him and Fumiya need way more matchups with the non Drum and Delta characters.
5. GIVE ICHIKA A GATCHINKO BEY! I mean, hope the Kindos continue to get more development. And new special moves.
6. More characters interactions in general. I'm not asking for Lodin and Amane to have a martial arts sparring match before having a battle (but it would be cool), it would help.
(Sep. 10, 2019  1:35 AM)X-Wing Wrote: I like it better than Cho-Z. I thought Aiga was a terrible character and there was so much evil and nonsense but Gachi just, well Drum never loses a big battle, whereas whereas like Valt did, he learned, got stronger, and was an amazing character.

I feel you, i didnt like how in choz/turbo aiga just did a launch once and he automatically knew how to do it since then, he never really trained, first season is my favorite because valt actually had to practice and he lost battles and it was pretty unpredictable when you watch for the first time. My favorite was the first.
(Sep. 15, 2019  4:30 PM)BurstFiles Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  1:35 AM)X-Wing Wrote: I like it better than Cho-Z. I thought Aiga was a terrible character and there was so much evil and nonsense but Gachi just, well Drum never loses a big battle, whereas whereas like Valt did, he learned, got stronger, and was an amazing character.

I feel you, i didnt like how in choz/turbo aiga just did a launch once and he automatically knew how to do it since then, he never really trained, first season is my favorite because valt actually had to practice and he lost battles and it was pretty unpredictable when you watch for the first time. My favorite was the first.

same. like he watched valt launch once, the he perfectly copied it. only count nightfell and lui shirosagi can do that
(Sep. 10, 2019  3:45 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  3:40 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: I mean, person gets new bey. Person battles. Person loses. Person goes on tournament journey thing to battle number 1 blader.

That's every beyblade season. In fact, that's every anime. Don't single out GT when litteraly every shonen anime does the same

Then you must haven't seen one punch man.

(Sep. 15, 2019  4:30 PM)BurstFiles Wrote:

The Story has to do that. We all thought that Aiga was made OP. But nah, they did it for a reason A reason to get Corrupted. You can't get Corrupted if you are weak,do you? So he could have copy the launch style without seeing it.