What Are You Currently Reading?

I started making some progress on The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

Its awesome so far and I'm only about 50 pages in -- I still have roughly 650 to go. hahaha
yo Alice I Totally F'NN agree. Sherlock is something else, the writing is so unlike anything else I know, always concise without becoming wordy, especially good considering the vocabulary.

anyway as for Plato's Republic-- it is really dragging carp. Unlike the beginning, the writing by now is old, with predictable lame resposes from his entourage. the allusions are getting old too. So good thing there are summarisations per chapter. I'll find out what Justice is yet..
The Amber Spyglass
I'm reading Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Samuri Deeper Kyo, and Anima
fkfdfsdgd

I was up until 4 AM reading The Fountainhead last night.

Its such a great book. Grin
carp you philip pullman
I was reading The Chrysalids for school.

Its pretty good.
cheetos Wrote:I was reading The Chrysalids for school.

Its pretty good.

it is until you get to the end

why the carp are all authors incapable of writing an ending that does not make you want to kill yourself
I began reading Lord of the Flies for my English class today. Can't really say much about it yet, only 19 pages in, but honestly, I'm not very interested yet. D:

I am thinking about reading Feather and Bone: The Crow Chronicles series again for the third time, need to buy The Mob (first book) though. It's one of the only real series of novels that I've loved in my lifetime.
Double post omg

Finished reading LotF a while ago. It was better than I thought it would be, but honestly, the theme's presented really didn't do anything for me.

Last night I finished the last volume of .hack//Another Birth. Lets just say I'm happy I bought all four. Smile (urge to play games rising!).

...And, I finished another book, again for English class called Anthem. Actually enjoyed this one, it's very unique (and short!).

So yeah... lots of reading!
I did not like Great Expectations.

We had to read it for English.

I did not like it.
I read Hero a few weeks back in the course of three nights. Twas great.

Still haven't finished The Fountainhead. I sort of lost interest in it when it started diving into this crazy possessive lusty love triangle thing.
Alice Wrote:I've steamed through 3/4 of 'The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes', a collection of short stories, these past couple of days. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was an amazing author and the Sherlock Holmes stories are fascinating - not only because of the captivating mysteries and the manner in which Holmes solves them all, but because of the character development and relationship between him and Doctor Watson.

If anyone has not yet read a Sherlock Holmes novel... DO IT NOW FFS >8(

Awesome stuff. I read through every single one that came out, be it short story or novel.
Heart of Darkness and Things Fall Apart for AP Lit [/i]
We are reading some/most of The Odyssey, and I think it's pretty banging.

It keeps me interested. Smile
paper mage, leah r. cutter

mediocre fantasy gogogo
NECROOOOOOO

I finished reading "Lullaby" by Chuck Palahniuk just now and wow...

The ending of this book is probably the best ending ever.
I just finished up "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.

I am pretty thoroughly vexed by the ending.
Roan Wrote:I just finished up "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.

I just read part of a synopsis of that book yesterday. It seems really interesting.

It's funny how something that seems so perfect, such as transhumanism can lead to such a meaningless life.

i am confident authors cannot write endings that don't piss people off
The Fire's Stone- Tanya Huff

don't think I'll be keeping this
Bey Brad Wrote:

i am confident authors cannot write endings that don't piss people off

It didn't piss me off, really, just... Confused me?
the god delusion by richard dawkins

take that god!
Doesn't matter Artie. Jesus still loves you!

Guess I'll contribute, before vacation I was in the process or reading Douglas Coupland's Microsurfs. I blame jPod.
I finished reading Invisible Monsters like two days ago.

Definitely one of my favorite books.