Weiss Schwarz general Disscussion

Weiss Schwarz is one of the three main Bushiroad Trading Card Games. It is a game where you can choose your favorite anime (out of the available options) and build a deck of it. The rules aren't That complicated once you get the hang of it. There are many options of decks to use since its been out for a while (especially if you play OCG). Hopefully some other people are already playing this game or might be interested on this forum.
I love this game I have a Sworf Art Deck and am going to build fairy tail when it comes out in the tcg.
I really want to get packs, but can't find them anywhere, ugh.

Been into this since TD told me about it. I'd probably run SAO or Log Horizon.
Lolo I forgot that SS1 told me avout this 2 months ago.....I need to find packs in my country!
If anyone is interested the "Fairy Tail" Starter Deck and set are coming out on December 19th for English. It actually had to get pushed back a little in release date due to all the pre-orders. Also the NISEKO!-False Love trial deck and Booster set come out January 23, 2015 for English. And finally for the upcoming releases Hatsune Miku Project DIV-f 2nd booster set is coming out February 5th, 2015. Still hoping that someday Accel World will get it's trial deck and booster set release in English.
Man, I'm not much of a TCG fan, but I really want to get into this one. Only issue I've encountered while looking into it online is the lack of interest in the West—it seems like only a handful of stores are serious about it, and none of them are near me. Is there a competitive Weiss Schwarz following in the US, or is it not worth it to invest heavily in the game right now?
(Apr. 19, 2016  7:17 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Man, I'm not much of a TCG fan, but I really want to get into this one. Only issue I've encountered while looking into it online is the lack of interest in the West—it seems like only a handful of stores are serious about it, and none of them are near me. Is there a competitive Weiss Schwarz following in the US, or is it not worth it to invest heavily in the game right now?
It really just depends where you are honestly. I know up until recently it didn't have much steam at my local store but it's been growing. Now they get a consistent 10-20 people at every local event, which isn't terrible. If you find some people near you who want to play you could all pick up structure decks. Weiss is a fairly balanced game considering it's meant to be casual. Trial decks aren't the most expensive and they're a great way to get into the game or play casually. You could alternatively buy a booster box w/o a trial deck and have a decent card base to start you off, although iirc Weiss boxes are expensive.
(Apr. 19, 2016  8:34 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: It really just depends where you are honestly. I know up until recently it didn't have much steam at my local store but it's been growing. Now they get a consistent 10-20 people at every local event, which isn't terrible. If you find some people near you who want to play you could all pick up structure decks. Weiss is a fairly balanced game considering it's meant to be casual. Trial decks aren't the most expensive and they're a great way to get into the game or play casually. You could alternatively buy a booster box w/o a trial deck and have a decent card base to start you off, although iirc Weiss boxes are expensive.
So are trial decks and booster boxes just another way of saying starter deck vs purchasing a bunch of booster packages? I'm trying to get a few friends interested, but I don't want to invest too heavily in it unless I know I'll be able to use the cards.
(Apr. 19, 2016  11:16 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2016  8:34 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: It really just depends where you are honestly. I know up until recently it didn't have much steam at my local store but it's been growing. Now they get a consistent 10-20 people at every local event, which isn't terrible. If you find some people near you who want to play you could all pick up structure decks. Weiss is a fairly balanced game considering it's meant to be casual. Trial decks aren't the most expensive and they're a great way to get into the game or play casually. You could alternatively buy a booster box w/o a trial deck and have a decent card base to start you off, although iirc Weiss boxes are expensive.
So are trial decks and booster boxes just another way of saying starter deck vs purchasing a bunch of booster packages? I'm trying to get a few friends interested, but I don't want to invest too heavily in it unless I know I'll be able to use the cards.
Yeah basically. Trial decks are like $20 (I think, its been a while) which isn't terribly expensive and it will still almost be the same experience as playing some of the more expensive builds, probably even more fun considering your new and the effects my be a bit overwhelming.
I bought two Nisekoi boosters for the sake of collecting and displaying them in my card book. The interest for the game is low but I guess it's good for collecting. Smile
Australia (particularly Melbourne) has a pretty big following for this game, and while it's not my favorite TCG partially for it's many game design flaws, I do love playing this game casually. I mostly just buy trial decks, though trying to work on a Madoka Deck (the kyubey you can have unlimited copies off is a pain to get). Otherwise I play: Persona 4, Day Break Illusion (japanese, and for two trial decks put together that deck is strong), fate/stay night (japanese) and fate/zero. Been playing a lot more lately because allot of people from my university's anime club have started the game and I had to teach all of them. If you can get a small group of about 6 going, even that can be enough to have allot of fun with this game.

Oh and I'm working on a custom RWBY weiss schwarz set for fun currently, if anyone is interested.