Weird Part Names

I've been posting a lot of these types of threads, but whatever. Ima finally address this: Unfitting names for parts. Ex: Why is Yell named... Yell? And basically those types of questions.
I'm thinking they're just picking the first letter and trying to pick a word to go with it. English words are cool to Japanese like Japanese words are cool to us. The meaning is less important.
Like Frostic Fox is is to sound cool. If magnum wasn't such a cool name and X2 didn't come before Z2 infinity would most likely have been called Mobius because it sounds cool and it is made to look like a mobius strip.
Why is wedge named wedge when it is just a metal surface?
Why is Volcanic named Volcanic? The only thing I see that ties the two are the lack of control than we have over them.
Why is Atomic bigger than Orbit when atoms are microscopic?
Is Jerk only used by rude people?
What is "Zeta" even supposed to mean?
Ok, don't mind me, I know nothing
There aren't rings around an atom at all. The "rings" people attribute to them is a combination of two things:

*The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (the more you know about an object's inertia and momentum, the less you know it's precise location and vice-versa). Electrons are so fast that they have enough momentum to essentially be untrackable by our current technology, so we can only draw where they could be instead of where they actually are.

*Simplified atomic diagrams, generally preferred instead of trying to draw a large amount of electron shell configurations on top of each other (which are all 3-dimensional anyways, and therefore impossible to draw in a 2-dimensional space)

Still doesn't explain why it's so much bigger than Orbit though, "electron ring" or not.

Also, I might be a nerd.
(May. 05, 2018  6:21 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Why is Volcanic named Volcanic? The only thing I see that ties the two are the lack of control than we have over them.

Jerk can be defined as a quick, sharp, sudden movement. I know is still doesn't really match.

Zeta is the sixth letter in the Greek alphabet. Possibly symbolizing the six modes it has with Spriggan Requiem (Counting left and right modes as different ones).

The best thing I can find for Atomic is of or forming a single irreducible unit or component in a larger system. Also Orbit a sphere of activity, interest, or application. Although I can't really explain the size difference.

Volcanic can be defined as a feeling or emotion bursting out or liable to burst out violently. I don't actually own Volcanic so I can't tell if this matches.
(May. 05, 2018  7:52 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote:
(May. 05, 2018  6:21 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Why is Volcanic named Volcanic? The only thing I see that ties the two are the lack of control than we have over them.

Jerk can be defined as a quick, sharp, sudden movement. I know is still doesn't really match.

Zeta is the sixth letter in the Greek alphabet. Possibly symbolizing the six modes it has with Spriggan Requiem (Counting left and right modes as different ones).

The best thing I can find for Atomic is of or forming a single irreducible unit or component in a larger system. Also Orbit a sphere of activity, interest, or application. Although I can't really explain the size difference.

Volcanic can be defined as a feeling or emotion bursting out or liable to burst out violently. I don't actually own Volcanic so I can't tell if this matches.

I don't mean to be rude, but jerk doesn't seem to give any form of movement, a letter in the alphabet has more confusing properties with a beyblade despite seeming to fit in with the part features, as MagikHorse said, Atomic as a tip is bigger than most tips in the game and volcanic doesn't seem to fit in with the tip name at all.
You guys actually first think of "atom" when you hear "atomic"? I think of "nuclear" and the big things from that. You know, Godzilla and explosions.

Jerk, from the wiki:
Quote:For Jerk's gimmick, the plastic forms two shields on either side of the Disc that, in theory, bend inwards and bounce the opponent back upon impact.

"jerk" by movement or "jerk" by the intended bounce. Kind of there? Meh.

Regardless, I don't think these necessarily fit. I still think the names are more like drawing cool-sounding English words out of a hat.

Oh, and Greek letters. Greek letters are also in the hat.
(May. 05, 2018  9:43 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: You guys actually first think of "atom" when you hear "atomic"? I think of "nuclear" and the big things from that. You know, Godzilla and explosions.

Jerk, from the wiki:
Quote:For Jerk's gimmick, the plastic forms two shields on either side of the Disc that, in theory, bend inwards and bounce the opponent back upon impact.

"jerk" by movement or "jerk" by the intended bounce. Kind of there? Meh.

Regardless, I don't think these necessarily fit. I still think the names are more like drawing cool-sounding English words out of a hat.

Oh, and Greek letters. Greek letters are also in the hat.

I know the names don't really fit. Except the name Zeta can kind of fit in some situations. I was just trying to make the best definition part match, which mostly are kind of a stretch
(May. 05, 2018  10:26 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I know the names don't really fit. Except the name Zeta can kind of fit in some situations. I was just trying to make the best definition part match, which mostly are kind of a stretch

I practically just did the same thing, so I feel ya, haha.

Can be seen more as a game of trying to make them work than anything.
This was a meme from the start...
WHAT IN THE WORLD WHERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY THINKING ABOUT WHEN THEY NAMED dF's DRIVER??!!

Well... I guess nothing...(thinking about it's function lol)
Atomic (does not explode)
Nothing (does nothing)
Volcanic (not red or a volcano)
Yard (only about 2 cm wide)
Genesis Valtryek
Kinetic Satomb (what?)
Xtend (height goes up by about 1 mm)
0 (lowest number but highest weight)
Jerk (a name)
Caynox
Balkesh
Khalazar
Maximus Garuda
Meteor (not a meteor)
Star (not a star)
Planet (smaller than a stress ball)
(May. 05, 2018  9:03 PM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(May. 05, 2018  7:52 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Jerk can be defined as a quick, sharp, sudden movement. I know is still doesn't really match.

I don't mean to be rude, but jerk doesn't seem to give any form of movement, a letter in the alphabet has more confusing properties with a beyblade despite seeming to fit in with the part features, as MagikHorse said, Atomic as a tip is bigger than most tips in the game and volcanic doesn't seem to fit in with the tip name at all.
If you look closely, Volcanic actually does look like a Volcano if upside-down. The part that comes in contact with the stadium would be the lava erupting. (Not sure i I spelled that right)
Really, anything Hasbro renamed makes the list. Hasbro names just generally don't make much sense

Meteor is one I was pondering adding, as I don't really see anything very meteoric about it.

Planet is also not very planet-ey either, beyond just being big.

Star is actually a 5-sided star shape, so that is spared here.

Xtend is also taller than most other drivers even in its short form, so even though the gimmick does little to change between it's still an increase in height compared to the standardized height of other drivers, making it fit as well.

Nothing attempts to reduce the impact of launch to nothing, so it also has some logic behind it. It just didn't succeed as well as it was meant to.

Maximum Garuda is both maximum (in terms of its diameter, wider than any other layer) and Garuda (with it's bird-like designs, as Garuda is a mythical bird). This fits fine.

0 is more named for its rounded shape, not it's weight. Given that it's edge is smooth enough that it can be ran competitively without relying on a frame for LAD purposes, I'd say it succeeds in that.

Atomic is still very questionable, as Atomic very clearly doesn't explode any more than other drivers do (let's be honest, this is BURST here. Every bey can "explode", so exploding isn't some new feature or showcased in any real manner) or have any design features that are based on that. Whether you think of atomic weaponry or atoms themselves, its name doesn't fit well.
Why has nobody mentioned press yet? there's nothing pressing about it.

And Yard? what kind of name is that? "Quad" would've made more sense because it's divided into four shields.

And has anyone noticed they haven't even made a "K" driver yet? Why haven't they got to K dammit!?

I hope the "K" driver is called "Kilter."
The definition of "Press" is "move or cause to move into a position of contact with something by exerting continuous physical force". If that doesn't define what Press is supposed to do (keep continuous physical force on the ground to keep itself from moving), I don't know what does.

Yard is a weird name though, not gonna lie about that. Its symbol looks like a picket fence to me too, only making it weirder.

Dunno why they skipped the K driver. Probably couldn't think of a good name for it.
Why does the 1 disk have 3 protrusions and, why does 3 have 6?
aparently yard can mean a cylindrical spar, tapering to each end, slung across a ship's mast for a sail to hang from.

would this make yard make more sense?
(May. 07, 2018  7:08 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Why does the 1 disk have 3 protrusions and, why does 3 have 6?

1, one point of the Disc has more weight, causing imbalance.