452 Spadina Ave
  Gaming Zone
13:00pm on 12/17/2016
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
10 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Join us on Saturday, December 17th, 2016 for a Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament downtown at A&C Games inside of their gaming zone, "A&C World" for our very first indoor tournament outside of a convention in Toronto! Just in time for the freezing weather. Smile

Please note the $5 Venue Entry Fee for this tournament. However, as part of our 8th Anniversary celebrations, the regular WBO Entry Fee will be waived for this tournament!

I've noted it below, but I would also like to stress especially for this event: please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. We will finish registration at 12:30PM and will begin the tournament immediately. If you think you're going to be a little bit late, let me know and we may be able to work something out. Thank you!

See you all there!

What is Beyblade Burst?
[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and Hasbro recently launched it in Canada in September 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally.

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for the duration of the event!

Side Notes
Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect?
Check out these videos from our previous Toronto Beyblade tournaments:

Possible Attendees

JesseObre

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Also what colour are they? And Kei, just wondering if this event will be free because it's December, or will there still be an admission fee?
There is a venue fee but no WBO admission fee (we don't get any of the money).
Thanks a lot, OldSchool™! @[Mitsu], @[1234beyblade], @[Lani], or anyone else attending who might have a stadium could you bring any? We still need two more for use. Or @[Naru Blader] can we use the new one you'll get from OldSchool? Haha.

(Dec. 17, 2016  2:11 AM)Naru Blader Wrote: And Kei, just wondering if this event will be free because it's December, or will there still be an admission fee?

Yeah, as it states in the event description there is a $5 venue entry fee which is separate from the WBO entry fee. A&C Games charges the fee for the usage of their venue.
(Dec. 16, 2016  11:18 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: 5 available @[SUGOI-KONICHEWA]

Awesome I'll buy one from you
@[SUGOI-KONICHEWA] and @[Naru Blader], it would be so, so appreciated on my part if you guys would be able to lend your stadiums for the event tomorrow.

the commute is such hell wew
(Dec. 17, 2016  4:46 AM)Mitsu Wrote: @[SUGOI-KONICHEWA] and @[Naru Blader], it would be so, so appreciated on my part if you guys would be able to lend your stadiums for the event tomorrow.

the commute is such hell wew

Sure thing... If I Can make it because there's a forecast of freezing rain
Ah I can't make it tomorrow. I wanted to be there with everyone when you show A&C what a strong community we are, but it will have to wait.

Good luck and have fun!
Just realized that I have an extra NIB RBV2 Deathscyther Spread Massive, so that has been added to my sale list.

(Dec. 17, 2016  4:56 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Sure thing... If I Can make it because there's a forecast of freezing rain

Really hope you can! If you're taking the subway I can't imagine it being difficult.

(Dec. 17, 2016  4:58 AM)Beyonomics Wrote: Ah I can't make it tomorrow. I wanted to be there with everyone when you show A&C what a strong community we are, but it will have to wait.

Good luck and have fun!

Nooo! Haha. You'll have to make it to the next one. :)
Alright, so 1234beyblade is bringing some stadiums. With his and OldSchool's we should be good! Although more is always welcome.

See you guys tomorrow! Please be sure to arrive on time (Registration: 12PM, Start: 12:30PM).
R.I.P me

I really wanted to try to make it(I can't make it)
You can use the one I'll buy from oldschool. XD
Today was a great day! Hope to see you all next time!!!
My score was worse then osteoporosis... But whatever

Final Standings:
1st: Mitsu
2nd: 1234beyblade
3rd: JesseObre
4th: Kei

Thank you so much to everyone who came out today! So happy to have made the effort to finally do this. After having a chat about the tournament, Beyblade in general, and the WBO before and after the event with one of the owners, I'm positive we made a good impression with A&C Games as well! They had never really hosted an event like this before in their store, so I think the turnout we had was a pleasant surprise for them. Smile

Was really happy to see some new players like @[EvanTO] and @[ArmaanTO] join us as well. Hope to see both of you again soon!

(Dec. 17, 2016  11:48 PM)EX139 Wrote: Today was a great day! Hope to see you all next time!!!

Glad to hear it! Grin

(Dec. 18, 2016  12:08 AM)Naru Blader Wrote: My score was worse then osteoporosis... But whatever

Hey, please don't make comparisons like that. But you didn't do too badly at all considering you were in the tiebreak in your group to make it to the finals! You're getting better, so keep at it!
I'm so sadddddddd I couldn't make it :'( also is Mitsu trying to dab or what?

Edit: Just saw his hand lol
I had such a great time with everyone today! I'm really glad I was able to make it, despite feeling really exhausted and worn out (that retail holiday feel) you guys really boosted my spirits. Even though I didn't make it to the finals I still felt really happy with my performance today! Next time will be my day to smoke you all, watch out!!! ٩(。•ω•。)و
Geezzz.. sorry Scott... My score was worse than my score last time... >_<
Had a great time. Let's do this again soon!
Results Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Let me know if you guys spot any errors!
Hey everyone! The tournament video for this event is up!: