Feb

WELCOME TO A&C GAMES III

Toronto, Ontario
Tournament Results
A and C Games
452 Spadina Avenue
  Inside of the "A&C World" area of A&C Games.
12:00PM on 02/18/2017
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
11 cash  or 5 with Passport*

5 entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Join us on Saturday, February 18th, 2017 for our third Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament downtown at A&C Games inside of their gaming zone, "A&C World"!

I've noted it below, but I would also like to stress especially for this event: please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. We will finish registration at 12:30PM and will begin the tournament immediately. If you think you're going to be a little bit late, let me know and we may be able to work something out. Thank you!

If you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page! See you all there!

Please note that the admission fee for this event is $11 for non-Passport Holders due to the $5 venue fee in combination with the $6 tournament entry fee.

What is Beyblade Burst?
[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and Hasbro recently launched it in Canada in September 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally.

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for the duration of the event!

Side Notes
Selling is Forbidden: Discussing, performing, or soliciting sales of Beyblade (or any type of) items within the A&C Games premises is strictly forbidden due to store policy. Any players caught doing this will be disqualified from the tournament, reported to A&C Games staff and potentially banned from the store.

You may discuss any sales in general here, but they may not take place inside the store. I've received a direct notice from them to remind everyone of their policy of no soliciting permitted inside of the store, so it has to be handled strictly to ensure we can continue to use the great space they provide! Thank you for your understanding!

Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Not sure what to expect?

Check out my tournament report from WELCOME TO A&C GAMES II in January!

Or check out this from our first Toronto Beyblade Burst tournament at A&C Games:

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Feb. 11, 2017  3:43 PM)BAWB18 Wrote: Just watched the video of the last A&C tournament. What driver was on Jesse's Miniboros combo!?

Most likely Zephyr
(Feb. 11, 2017  12:37 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: You can lighten my load by buying some stuff Joyful_3

Do you have anything with Zephyr?
(Feb. 11, 2017  3:50 PM)BAWB18 Wrote: Do you have anything with Zephyr?

Zephyr only comes with with Neptune Armed Zephyr or as a Gold Driver. I got mine from Scott.
(Feb. 11, 2017  3:33 PM)BAWB18 Wrote: Yup! You will have one less clear blue Xcalibur layer and dark Amaterios, Aero, Assault to carry around Joyful_3

I have put them aside Joyful_3
Hey @[BAWB18]! Are you coming to this event? If so, please make sure to hit the blue "Join Tournament" button at the top of the page to let everyone know!
All PMs replied.
Updated list.
Last call for Beys! I will not be bringing extras other than those folks have asked for!
Same for me! Last call! If you haven't PMed me already about anything you're interested in, please do so ASAP:

(Feb. 08, 2017  3:07 AM)Kei Wrote:

Kei's Beyblade Items For Sale
Sales are First Come, First Served, All Prices in Canadian Dollars

Click to View My For Sale List

Added in some new stock of RBV2 Beyblades, and still have some confirmed RBV5 Beyblades (including Draciel S!) among many other things. I will not be bringing everything to this event and will only be accepting PayPal transfers prior to or after the event outside the store for it due to A&C Games no soliciting policy. If you want anything, please PM me. If you cannot do a PayPal transfer, PM me anyways and we might be able to work something out. Thanks!

See you all tomorrow! Smile
Hey @[OldSchool™], can you bring a stadium?

Also if anyone else has one of the Burst Standard Type Stadiums and can bring one, let me know! Hoping to have at least five stadiums total: four for the tournament, one for free play.
(Feb. 18, 2017  9:06 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey @[OldSchool™], can you bring a stadium?

Also if anyone else has one of the Burst Standard Type Stadiums and can bring one, let me know! Hoping to have at least five stadiums total: four for the tournament, one for free play.

Will do Wink
I can bring one.
Will there be a fourth EB GAMES tournament?!
Final Standings
1st: @[JesseObre]
2nd: @[1234beyblade]
3rd: @[cadney]
4th: Mitsu

Had a great day today! Lots of interesting matches, their surprising results and quite a few combos in our swiss and finals sections that were pretty nice to see (most notably the success from Valtryek and Valtryek V2!). 

I had started off pretty strong with a 4-1 lead in our swiss section but a 1-2 drop in the finals, as a result of little thinking and consideration of combos on my part. The fourth place win was definitely nice though. 

The swiss section of the event went pretty smoothly and I have no complaints in regards to it. I do believe, however, that single elimination finals needs to be looked over, at least to some degree. I like the idea of having two blocks of four players each and have the players with the highest records move forward, done optionally as opposed to single elimination finals by tournament hosts (with duration already spent hosting and overall competitiveness considered). Though more time consuming, this method accommodates to the veteran players who a) are curious in taking looks at the variety of combos players may use and mindsets players may have, or b) happen to slip up a match, which, yes, does happen quite frequently in Burst, even by the most seasoned veterans.
Thank you so much to everyone who came out today! I'm so happy to be seeing so many new faces lately. :) I'll try to get the results and my photos posted soon, as well as information on when our next tournament will be. Please stay tuned!

I did well again today going 4-1 in the Swiss Rounds as well, but cruel fate pitted JesseObre and I against each other for the second tournament in a row in the first round of the Single Elimination finals and I lost 5-3 haha.

(Feb. 19, 2017  2:11 AM)Mitsu Wrote: The swiss section of the event went pretty smoothly and I have no complaints in regards to it. I do believe, however, that single elimination finals needs to be looked over, at least to some degree. I like the idea of having two blocks of four players each and have the players with the highest records move forward, done optionally as opposed to single elimination finals by tournament hosts (with duration already spent hosting and overall competitiveness considered). Though more time consuming, this method accommodates to the veteran players who a) are curious in taking looks at the variety of combos players may use and mindsets players may have, or b) happen to slip up a match, which, yes, does happen quite frequently in Burst, even by the most seasoned veterans.

I'm not sure I agree entirely about the single elimination final, but if you want to talk about something like this the best place would probably be the Organizers' Circle where more people will see your thoughts than in here.

EDIT
By the way, there was a bag of parts left behind at A&C Games that one of their staff members found. If anybody is missing a small bag of parts, please PM me, tell me some of the parts that were in the bag so that I can verify it was yours, and then I can give it to you at the next tournament. Thanks!
Had a last. See you all the next time!
Joyful_3
This tournament was INCREDIBLE I had so much fun! My truest buddy Lost Longinus came through for me quite a bit. A less than ideal deck choice that I made caused a moment of frustration for me, because it gave me less of a chance to reach that ever-illusive first place finish, but I was still super happy to come third place for my second time ever!

I really hope we can have another A&C GAMES tournament before Winter ends! It's such a fun environment to play in.

........And I like that it's a venue with actual bathrooms.
Haha
(Feb. 21, 2017  2:28 AM)cadney Wrote: This tournament was INCREDIBLE I had so much fun! My truest buddy Lost Longinus came through for me quite a bit. A less than ideal deck choice that I made caused a moment of frustration for me, because it gave me less of a chance to reach that ever-illusive first place finish, but I was still super happy to come third place for my second time ever!

I really hope we can have another A&C GAMES tournament before Winter ends! It's such a fun environment to play in.

What deck choice are you referring to?

That's the plan! I've e-mailed A&C Games already asking to book us in for Sunday, March 12th. Once it's confirmed, I'll post a thread and tag everyone!
@[Kei] I should've brought L2 when facing Hubert! I brought V2 because I was thinking about Wyvern. Haha
Who ended up taking the tourney??
(Feb. 22, 2017  6:02 AM)Zerro Wrote: Who ended up taking the tourney??

Mitsu posted the results above!: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WELCOME...pid1364263
Results Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

If you guys notice anything wrong, let me know!
(Feb. 26, 2017  6:20 AM)Kei Wrote: Results Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

If you guys notice anything wrong, let me know!

How is rybbish in front of me? I thought she lost more battles han I did?
(Feb. 27, 2017  4:45 AM)Tempest546 Wrote: How is rybbish in front of me? I thought she lost more battles han I did?

If you're talking about the final scores section then that order is sorted by who signed up first
Yeah, if you look at the final scores sheet you'll see that your record was indeed better. The order of the list is just based on the initial seeding.