WBO, strict or not strict?

Well, I think learning how to navigate and understand this site is very easy. I joined up a month or so ago (still in the throes of noob-dom) and have already learned a lot, like how McFrown is kinda a grumpo-sauris sometimes, how everyone is very helpful like all the time, what not to post, and where to ask stupid questions, and that Kai-V is always watching. It is a shame that lots of people disregard the first stuff you see when you join, 'cause without the community rules the forums start to slowly get inundated with silly nonsense, and one liners, and then you can never find anything.

That being said, I think there are a lot of younger users that are inexperienced at this kind of thing who are too impatient to read the greeting pm and the community rules, and because of that I think the tolerance that the mods/admins demonstrate is absolutely necessary. Although, after a certain point there is such a thing as too much dummy-ness.

Is there any way we could make the rules pop up as the first thing you HAVE to read?
Too strict, case closed.
Not so much if you follow the rules ('least for me).
I do follow the rules.
Weird, what are some examples (if you please)?
SniperOwl, if you're giving an opinion, you should at least elaborate, or support your opinion. I agree with Themailman in the fact it is not too hard to get used to this site. As I pointed out on the previous page, I never had much trouble, and this was the first forum I've actually used, so.
It gets on my nerves when some shout out "ILLEGAL" when it is painfully obvious to frequent posters. Some really do not care if the topic isn't even about competition. Twice as annoying if the person targeted with the statement collects instead of battles.
I've joined a number of forums, but this is definitely my favorite one. When I was still looking at this site as a guest, the mods here appeared to be strict to me at first. Once I realized how easy it was to find what I wanted here, I came to really appreciate their strictness. On some forums I've visited it's an absolute pain to find certain bits of information. I know it's been said before, but it would be hard and painfullly annoying to find things here if the mods were not this strict. Even then, it's not like they jump down your throat at the slightest mistake. They're perfectly civil to anyone who is truly willing to learn.
kinda off topic but when a friend of mine joined one website he quit the next day because a mod said that he typed"i and not I"sometimes I dont know what people are thinking.
I dont think their strict and when they are it is needed. I got 20 percent for signature being to big but it dosent matter. At first i wanted to quit because of the rules but i got over it besides theres nothing else to get on. BTW i have no idea how to get the signature picture back in. Thanks!
You were warned only because a message telling you your signature was too big was edited into your signature and the rest removed, and what you did is that you erased that and just put your old signature back with, I believe, no changes at all.
(Nov. 15, 2010  2:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You were warned only because a message telling you your signature was too big was edited into your signature and the rest removed, and what you did is that you erased that and just put your old signature back with, I believe, no changes at all.
yeah why did you want me to keep it you can put it back in their if you want
(Nov. 15, 2010  2:56 AM)Alpha Blader Wrote: yeah why did you want me to keep it you can put it back in their if you want
What, "Signature was too large. Read the rules." ?
sort of strict because they expect newbie's to now everything about the website
and instead of getting angry at us they should just be helpful

constructive critisicm
Well that's because everything is explained in your introductory PM.

We only expect the basics, really. Almost all of it is self evident.

1 - post in threads that have the topic you wish to talk about
2 - don't make threads that have already been made
3 - don't make threads just to ask a question
^Yeah, I didn't make an account for about a month because I thought I would have done something wrong. Pinching_eyes_2
So I watched people make their mistakes and learned. ^^
It seems like the staff is more tolerant of noobs, and only really comes down hard on repeat offenders. And momiji manju is right after a certain point it really is just common sense, keep it worthwhile, civil, and on topic. It also seems that impatience is a problem, like people not bothering to find the right thread, or look something up, and instead just posting anywhere (this seems pretty common in the tournament threads).
I think this thread has reached its peak.
Just going to hear repeats, -which may all be true, but they are still repeats-
Or the occasional 'yo man dez gaiz suk, gunna uze d wolf cuz hes ma boii, we dun beat errybody out hur.' etc.
Just saying.
Also, I agree with Themailman, momiji and did the same thing blah did, too. :U
The forum is not strict, only mindless people who don't bother to search around first or read the rules are the ones who think the forum is strict...
I guess, use your brain and you'll be fine?
I wouldn't call this place strict, but it doesn't seem very inviting either. it's just my first day here, but I already feel like the majority of people around here act like high-brow elitists who look down on casual players and those not hardcore enough to do things like import stadiums and such, all hiding behind saying that what they say is fact. it just makes me feel like some of the fun has been taken out of the game.
(Nov. 15, 2010  6:24 AM)MaskedPhoenix Wrote: I wouldn't call this place strict, but it doesn't seem very inviting either. it's just my first day here, but I already feel like the majority of people around here act like high-brow elitists who look down on casual players and those not hardcore enough to do things like import stadiums and such, all hiding behind saying that what they say is fact. it just makes me feel like some of the fun has been taken out of the game.

It is just you have to get used to it. It is not all that you have said, it is just that they want to be as accurate as possible. The most accurate is the Takara Tomy Attack Stadium. They don't look down on you, they are trying to help you be the best you can. I felt the same way when I came, but then I realized that they are trying to do there best and that these people are always here to help, they also expect you to read the PM you first get and think about it throughly before you do anything on the board. Let that process then get back to me. Not being mean, am I?
(Nov. 15, 2010  6:24 AM)MaskedPhoenix Wrote: I wouldn't call this place strict, but it doesn't seem very inviting either. it's just my first day here, but I already feel like the majority of people around here act like high-brow elitists who look down on casual players and those not hardcore enough to do things like import stadiums and such, all hiding behind saying that what they say is fact. it just makes me feel like some of the fun has been taken out of the game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not the point of this site!!

You should start a thread about this.... I'm really sorry about this experience, to make you feel better I am going to say that I'm not your definition of hardcore. I only have 4 beyblades and a thunder whip stadium!
I believe I already explained to you that facts are based upon tests, and thus it's not "hiding", it's the presenting of evidence.

So far, you haven't presented a single fact to support your thesis.

If you don't know much about the subject, then you shouldn't argue an opinion.

Again, it's your choice whether you play with your hasbro stats, but we as a whole look towards the competitive scene.

If you've never used a TT stadium, how can you give an opinion as to how it differs to a hasbro stadium?
For your information we are all having a lot of fun playing this game competitively, and all types actually can be used fairly in tournaments, you get Beypoints, Credits and Faces, etc.