WBO Writing-Help It

I am over the edge. Writing specifically in the "Your Creations!" forum has become dreadful. People posting, saying that bad stories are "G8 keepp it ups, mann," disregarding advice, making stupid excuses, and over all just ruining the forum. The GFX isn't so bad; it's really the writing. Honestly, It needs to be fixed. I know we can't actually make people better writers, and we can't stop them from getting angry. Maybe if there was a moderator for that forum, say, Fyuuor (Hard to spell...), then they will listen to them. Still, I may seem like a pest but its something I'd like to find a way to correct. A lot of times I have seen people make threads for each chapter. Shouldn't that be considered SPAM?

I'm sorry to rant, it's just gotten to a point where Temporal and I have talked about it through private messaging. We really need to step up our game in that forum, or it may only get worse.

By the way, I searched around but couldn't find it. I could have sworn there was a "State of the Your Creations Forum" thread that I could've posted this in. Since I couldn't, I made this thread. Perhaps it got closed...
Personally, I don't think the WBO Committe will put up a Moderator just for that forum.

Maybe a new one, for I hope it was none other than, and that possibly we could just do the simple:

[Image: postbit_report.png]

But out of all honesty, these are kids. What do you expect?
That's fine. The problem I have with it is them not taking advice and "Biting the hand that feeds" so to speak. It just gets annoying after a while, and the people that encourage them blindly get that way too.

Forgot to mention those pesky CR. THEY NEED TO STOP. AS IN NOW. It's so lazy on their part, and personally I think they do it because it's a way to keep the thread popular and alive. Also, when you have a character in the story you tend to praise it a lot more.
(Sep. 09, 2011  1:15 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: But out of all honesty, these are kids. What do you expect?

A little hurtful. <---Off Topic
I really miss the good ol' days, where Night was one of the only writers. Once he left, a ton of other creatures decided to start writing here. Yeah, a few of us are good, but most of us are pretty bad. We need to sticky this.
True. This needs to stop now. There is no way that this should be allowed to continue with lame excuses and terrible work. I mean, these stories are the writing equivalent of bringing Poison Gemios CH120 (145 Mode) ES to a tournament and that's one of the better combos. There is no variety, it's just one story copy-and-pasted with different names and beyblades.

Also, AGE NEEDS TO STOP BEING AN EXCUSE. When you're ten and you write like a slug, you need to stop until you can write like a competent person. It sounds mean, but when you're 12-13 and you still can't find the difference between "you're" and "your", something is very wrong. Night never had these issues, I never had these issues, (In fact, my first story wasn't my best, and it was STILL damn popular.) Sparta, no. Titan Writer, no. RowDog, no. Really, there is no excuse left. Age? Nope. Life? Well, if you knew that you'd write bad, why write?

Also: PLEASE STOP WITH THE BAD PRAISE. I'll say it again. You think you're being nice, but you're being cruel. Not only do you push down better stories, you make some people read a terrible story, which is a total strain on a competent person's eyes.
Going to agree with you 100% Sparta.
These stories... Ugh.
They have no plot.
They have horrible grammar.
The characters are usually just people who say things such as "we need to do this" "ok"
Character Requests - now you're just lazy to create your own story. You would think that doing this would actually be GOOD, but instead it has somehow become a monster. I'm not going to say that my story is any better, but at least I try and follow the basic principles of writing.

I will give it to some people though, some of them are improving. That's good.
Apparently, now it is popular to allow the creator make the backstory and to develop a character. As in: Big reveals, major battles, all of it. It's like some pathetic RPG or something.
Solution: don't read those threads.
That's not really a solution.
The problem is that the writing section of the Your Creations forum is in chaos.
There will always be "noobs" who go read them, and say they're awesome. Truly that's their opinion, but the stories are so repetitive.
Then again, maybe if we leave them alone (not reading threads) they will die off eventually... Or just keep on growing.
:\
I'm fed up with this sort of thing, it's the only thing thats ever got me really annoyed. Story writing IS NOT EASY! People are still trying to write a story without thinking of anything before hand, trust me, you can't do it succesfully. it's not something people can just go, I'm bored, I'll write a story. Also I see now that people who have written good stories are being ignored because of this, so everytime a new story comes along they don't read it because so many people have done it now, and I find this unfair, for example temporal who won the WBO writing tournament's where the angels sing, is a great story, but hardly anyone is reading it, but people are reading the carp ones... Also if you say it's carp then you have to explain why! theres a point where it gets personal and if you just say it's carp, it's just offending, if you say you need to improve in the grammar, repetetive words, more description and the use of elipses then thats fine! that's helpfull to the writer.

Also i'm fed up with writers aswell, who can't take critiscism, where they think everything is an offence, And start saying things like, 'i'm only 13 and i've never written a story before!' i'm 12, I can take critiscism, Before drahelix is born I never wrote a proper story, does that mean it was utter carp and didn't think of it before hand? no. Don't make ecscuces. Just write it better, and for the love of God don't use character requests, trust me I did, and it just clogs your story with spam!
(Sep. 09, 2011  4:05 AM)Temporal Wrote: Well, if you knew that you'd write bad, why write?
This is what I am really trying to push. People just want to get their face out there and hope that some people like them. They don't think about the story, they think about the fame.

(Sep. 09, 2011  4:05 AM)Temporal Wrote: PLEASE STOP WITH THE BAD PRAISE.
This is what really annoys me, but do you know why they are getting this praise? It has absolutely nothing to do with the story, the person who praised them is a friend just wanting to encourage them and make them look good. Nothing else to it and there (unfortunately) isn't much we can do about it.

Here was the old thread about it http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Stat...ht=help+it so we really don't need this thread.

Wow this topic is burning my hands, ouch......

Anyway you're guys are right.
I think that someone must be a moderator to clean up those messes in the writing thread.
I have to find the writing thread in the next page,
and is is FXXKING ANNOYING!!!

honestly, I can't figure out why somebody's crappy story was highly rated and so many people said 'oh it's so great', While Sparta's, Temporal's and my stories are sinking like Titanic.

WTF?
Sigh. Here we go again.

The really best way is to split the forums into 4: the writing forum, the GFX Tournament forum. The gfx forum. And the writing tournament forum. This will lessen tbe problem

Yet there is a problem with my solution: the threads WILL BE REMOVED.

Nah, but i do agree. I hope i am part of the 'good ones'. If not, then i'm dead
I disagree a bit, DeX. How about a writing forum, a GFX forum, and an "Other" forum, all in YC? This way, the tournaments don't need a separate forum, and less work.

Although, it would be a TON to move everything into the respective forums. WHo knows how many threads and how much time?
and also that makes it more likely for people to spam in the wrong part
Do you think that people won't know the difference between GFX and writing? Maybe. But all forums always have SPAM, and they find a way to deal with it. I'm not even a moderator, so I wouldn't know how hard their job is and therefor have no right to say "They can deal with it, psh." But I just want to throw that suggestion out there, because it might help clean up the forum a bit.
i'm just saying doing this could be quite unnecesary and cause more spam
Hm, possibly. But to reiterate what I said, all forums have SPAM. It's just what happens.
See, what I've found on the writing threads, well, if they are REALLY bad, (or any bad in this case, cuz the bad ones are REALY bad) then they will show absolute no extra effort, or very little, on the next chapter, when they say they will. Tis is just lazy writing, and they don't even end it, or state that they are stopping the story.
I'm kind of guilty of unnoficially stopping a story, but I'm about to revive it. Also, you can tell a story's bad when the titlei is "bayblade ginkas storie", or anything like that.

There's one story where the writer (Or Keyboard Pounder) uses the fact that his life sucks as an excuse to give us stinky carp.
There's also the excuse, where they put the disclaimer that their grammar sucks, but they don't give a damn to try to make it better. LESSON: Don't write a story if you know you're not good at writing, it will turn out bad.
But seriously, some people need to learn.
Well, at least some new stories are okay. I just read Nwolf's new story, and, other than a couple of grammar mistakes, it's good! But, for the most part, the grammar in stories here is pretty bad. Why are there so many baffoons on the internet?
Well, I can't really say that everything is here is carp nor is it good. But mostly everything is here is carp. Those who write good don't even get noticed because of the damn bad praise other carpy stories receive. I don't get why people do stories when they don't even know how to write. I mean, why write if you suck/don't want to accept criticism? That's just plain stupid. Sure, maybe you can try writing even if you suck only if you'll accept the criticism. ONLY. Will you die if you take your time to copy/paste your chapter on Word to make sure there isn't any mistakes? I don't think so. People these days....jeez. Only do something you suck at if you're willing to improve and accept criticism offered by those who are better than you. Serious
Yeah, that's what I did. I'd say I was in the Lower-Middle Class of writers when I started here, and now I think I'm around Middle-Upper Class. It's all because I listened to people. I read stories that were better than mine, and I tried to outdo them. The readers and I found the flaws in mine, and I looked to other stories that didn't have those mistakes.
you know whats the real problem? ITS YOU GUYS.

harsh comments? Multiple attacks? isn't a bit to much guys? and i thought you guys right now are good at writing? cause theres this quote that says "a wise man only needs 1 word to understand"?

You know what's need to be fix. fix it yourself. don't CnC if someone already did so. what's the point of it? it will look like we are harsh to them :[