WBO Random Thoughts

Well I'm just seeing this now, but I apologize for any change in attitude I might have had as an advanced member that makes me sound condescending or something. The only thing I've tried to consciously change is that I've been trying to post and test a bit more.
(Aug. 02, 2014  5:47 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2014  5:23 PM)Echizen Wrote: The advanced members seem the same they used to were to me. Wombat seems slightly different, but he was always kind lf like that, I guess. TheBlackDragon is still his know-it-all self, hah. No offense. Stars and Geetster never post. Cake doesn't post as regularly since then. Time is gone. So, not sure what you mean Ryûzaki.

Know it all? Confused

I didn't know I came across like that. I'm sorry if I made any of you guys feel bad; I didn't mean to sound arrogant or anything.

~Midnight~ Wrote:there are members like TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ and Cake who still seem pretty nice

Well, that's encouraging. Smile

I shall hitherforth and forevermore attempt to sound less... um, know-it-all-ish, I guess (seems like the best word to describe it). I didn't know I sounded any different.

Don't wanna be one of those guys who acts like everyone is below him (unless I already have, in which case I really am sorry guys - I'll do my best to change the way I post if it's a problem).
No way dude. You and Dark are the nicest Advanced Members and make everyone feel apart of this community.

(Aug. 02, 2014  5:23 PM)Echizen Wrote: The advanced members seem the same they used to were to me. Wombat seems slightly different, but he was always kind lf like that, I guess. TheBlackDragon is still his know-it-all self, hah. No offense. Stars and Geetster never post. Cake doesn't post as regularly since then. Time is gone. So, not sure what you mean Ryûzaki.

But yeah, sometimes I change my tone, when posting towards newer members. Sometimes it's slightly stricter, sometimes it's polite.
Stars and Geetster are tourney active. TBD is cool and Cake post regularly enough for my taste. Wombat isn't really chnaged IMO and Time is back in action! He has always acted the way he has lol. HE's cool though once you get to know him.
(Aug. 02, 2014  5:37 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote: On the topic of advanced members' attitudes changing, I haven't seen much of a difference since the new couple were promoted. In fact, there are members like TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ and Cake who still seem pretty nice, although this is only my opinion.
aww Confused

(Aug. 02, 2014  5:23 PM)Echizen Wrote: Cake doesn't post as regularly since then.

I have been posting less lately, but that's more of a coincidence than anything related to becoming Advanced - I'm just away a lot over summer vacation and can't always get on teh interwebs.
(Aug. 02, 2014  11:57 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2014  5:37 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote: On the topic of advanced members' attitudes changing, I haven't seen much of a difference since the new couple were promoted. In fact, there are members like TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ and Cake who still seem pretty nice, although this is only my opinion.
aww Confused

(Aug. 02, 2014  5:23 PM)Echizen Wrote: Cake doesn't post as regularly since then.

I have been posting less lately, but that's more of a coincidence than anything related to becoming Advanced - I'm just away a lot over summer vacation and can't always get on teh interwebs.

Oh, my mistake. I apologize. It just seemed like a natural explanation.
No need to apologize, it's just a coincidence that made it look that way Smile
(Aug. 02, 2014  2:18 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Oh welcome back Ultra. Glad to have you back. You was truly beloved by UK members lol. Smile

You and th!nk are definitely one if the cool members on here. Unlike some people, haha.

Hope you become active again!

Do I happen to know these "Uncool People" Ryuzaki?
I haven't been around much the past month, but from the posts I have skimmed through so far all of the new advanced members are pretty much just doing what got them advanced in the first place. If anything, in the posts I have read I have noticed more salt coming from people who feel like they deserved to become advanced than any change in attitude from those who did become advanced.
I'm not too sure what you guys are talking about. I don't think any of the new Advanced Members attitudes have changed significantly since they were promoted. None of them have become "unfriendly, almighty, above all users"; and if they did, they wouldn't be Advanced anymore.

Discussions can get heated when dealing with controversial topics like the potential F230 ban, but I don't think that necessarily should be representative of someone's entire attitude. And there's a difference between defending what you think is right steadfastly, and completely denying, shooting down, and invalidating the opinions of others. I don't think anybody is doing that right now.

(Aug. 02, 2014  9:49 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Nobody knows this but KAi-U and Blader DJ actually run the WBO. Not Kai-V

i can confirm this
Ahh, just forget what I started then. It was obviously just my opinion. I'm sorry for any problems I've caused and I won't bring topics up like this again.

Time: If you was suggesting I'm jealous towards advanced members, that is not true.
Not you. You are not one of the ones I was attempting to nudge to chill out a little bit.
I got a questions,my first one is how do you get a antique face?
(Aug. 03, 2014  3:50 PM)Deimos Wrote: I got a questions,my first one is how do you get a antique face?
By making 1000 helpful posts in the Beyblade sections. Wink
That would belong in "Questions about the WBO."

You should really search next time, that question has been asked multiple times.
It's 2000 afaik.

I'm pretty sure it has always been 2000. Not sure when people started cutting it down to 1k...
(Aug. 03, 2014  5:14 PM)Kujikato Wrote: It's 2000 afaik.

I'm pretty sure it has always been 2000. Not sure when people started cutting it down to 1k...

It's 1000. But generally, people recieve it at 2000 posts, becuase you have to factor in non-Beyblade related posts.
It actually is one thousand, but sometimes it takes some people a lot more than that to accumulate the right number of good posts ...
(Aug. 03, 2014  5:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It actually is one thousand, but sometimes it takes some people a lot more than that to accumulate the right number of good posts ...
Because not every post is in the Beyblade sections is another reason.
That and I remember back quite back 2010-12 people just used to spam the intro topics to get a higher post count.
I was just looking at the reasons why the recipients of the Metal Faces were given to them. Some of the reasons are so odd, though at the same time, quite hilarious. For instance ...

Face Collection Wrote:Pockyx3: We can say for sure that the two Ts in "Toronto" are made from Pocky sticks!

Face Collection Wrote:JesseObre: What's Toronto without their star to shine on them?

This one was quite obviously a lie.. Speechless
Just a question why doesn't the forum have a live chat, would it be to hard to make or maintain, or just not fit the medium
It would be hard to moderate it, because so many people use foul language and it would be extremely hard to delete all those messages. The report feature wouldn't really help since in a few moments the person will post another message.

There was this thread though it an Unofficial Chat.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-World-Be...icial+Chat
On the topic of advanced members changing, I haven't noticed any change or cockiness. I mean it just means a little more privileges and an italic username. On the topic of new members getting bad treatment, I understand that's a problem. I'm not being hypocritical and saying I haven't ever done it, but yeah, we should start being more welcoming.

midnight think he might be rude: no way, haha. You always seem calm and understanding lol .
What's up with the Squigglies?
It's like ever since I shed mine, everyone beat it in an alley and cloned it...0.0
I was going to bring that up too haha.

~Midnight~ started it, I think.
Guys don't be followers, why don't you make your username "punch 0(Tired)=0" or something small In ASCII art.