WBO Random Thoughts

(Aug. 28, 2021  9:45 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2021  8:55 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Im considering making a thread about the constantly-revisited fanfiction spam topic and touching upon solutions mentioned by Mana and other users

Thoughts? I would like to check for interest because I have time to write an essay about that, so we can put that topic there instead of here (since, again, its quite a revisited topic that might warrant its own thread. I cant quite put it on my pinned fanfic thread since its more about the organization of the site)

I myself stopped making threads about my fan fictions and I’ll just use one thread for my fan-fics but I have seen more increase of people making thread after thread.

(Aug. 28, 2021  8:55 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Im considering making a thread about the constantly-revisited fanfiction spam topic and touching upon solutions mentioned by Mana and other users

Thoughts? I would like to check for interest because I have time to write an essay about that, so we can put that topic there instead of here (since, again, its quite a revisited topic that might warrant its own thread. I cant quite put it on my pinned fanfic thread since its more about the organization of the site)

I myself stopped making threads about my fan fictions and I’ll just use one thread for my fan-fics but I have seen more increase of people making thread after thread.
hmm strange wonder who that could be
(Aug. 28, 2021  9:45 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:

But you have Storm Seven and Justice open.....
(Aug. 28, 2021  9:55 PM)ColdFlames13 Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2021  9:45 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: I myself stopped making threads about my fan fictions and I’ll just use one thread for my fan-fics but I have seen more increase of people making thread after thread.

But you have Storm Seven and Justice open.....

Yeah, But I’m. It gonna make a while new thread for my fanfic.
I know I've asked so many questions but this is the last one I swear, So, I was browsing through the Beyblade Burst Wiki Forum and found this thread called Special Moves, now UnseenBurst's very slow brain goes hmm, can we make entries for Beyblade moves? So, that's what I'm asking. On The Beyblade Burst Wiki Forum are we aloud to add move descriptions because I think I'd be very good at this
(Aug. 29, 2021  4:22 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I know I've asked so many questions but this is the last one I swear, So, I was browsing through the Beyblade Burst Wiki Forum and found this thread called Special Moves, now UnseenBurst's very slow brain goes hmm, can we make entries for Beyblade moves? So, that's what I'm asking. On The Beyblade Burst Wiki Forum are we aloud to add move descriptions because I think I'd be very good at this

idk might need perms to do it
if you get perms then yeah
(Aug. 29, 2021  4:22 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I know I've asked so many questions but this is the last one I swear, So, I was browsing through the Beyblade Burst Wiki Forum and found this thread called Special Moves, now UnseenBurst's very slow brain goes hmm, can we make entries for Beyblade moves? So, that's what I'm asking. On The Beyblade Burst Wiki Forum are we aloud to add move descriptions because I think I'd be very good at this

I havent edited the wiki in 2 years but seeing that it somewhat runs the same way as back then: I think youll get a faster response if you either PM a wiki mod or go onto the WBO Discord server. Believe me, the mods are a whole lot active on the Discord server and can answer you quicker

Try PMing Mana, TitaniumNinja74, Kjrules17, or AdmiralMoe (aka MadokaLee on the wiki) or ping them on the server to answer this. Theyre content mods who are in charge of article stuff and theyve been around since I started editing the wiki. They know their stuff

Even though the wiki allows everyone to make a new page (Because thats one of Fandom’s rules — its annoying and unpractical), making a new page without explicit mod permission is not allowed. So please, ask one of them instead of here and the team will think about it. Making a new page without permission might result in a warning or worse, making yourself look like a fool
(Aug. 29, 2021  5:25 AM)BurningSands Wrote:

I havent edited the wiki in 2 years but seeing that it somewhat runs the same way as back then: I think youll get a faster response if you either PM a wiki mod or go onto the WBO Discord server. Believe me, the mods are a whole lot active on the Discord server and can answer you quicker

Try PMing Mana, TitaniumNinja74, Kjrules17, or AdmiralMoe (aka MadokaLee on the wiki) or ping them on the server to answer this. Theyre content mods who are in charge of article stuff and theyve been around since I started editing the wiki. They know their stuff

Even though the wiki allows everyone to make a new page (Because thats one of Fandom’s rules — its annoying and unpractical), making a new page without explicit mod permission is not allowed. So please, ask one of them instead of here and the team will think about it. Making a new page without permission might result in a warning or worse, making yourself look like a fool

I kinda meant like if we could write it on WBO and if it would still get accepted but I'll try the wiki thanks.
(Aug. 30, 2021  6:45 AM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2021  6:44 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Me: *sneaks in my Switch*

Also me: Ameteurs

Touché

Please try not to go off topic in that thread, it is only for people announcing their departure/arrival or saying goodbye/welcoming back.
(Aug. 30, 2021  7:09 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2021  6:45 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: Touché

Please try not to go off topic in that thread, it is only for people announcing their departure/arrival or saying goodbye/welcoming back.

Don't worry! I won't.
Fun Fact: If you go on Google and type in: (example) LegendJustice WorldBeyblade.org it will show you Profile picture s lots of people from the WBO have used
hi everyone I am back after a small hiatus from the WBO
Hi, so I’m trying out some combos with my rise driver, and I have been for a while, just wanted to know if it was completely, partially, mostly, barely, or not awakened at all. Please give me your thoughts.
[Image: A296-E530-E6-D1-49-AF-B607-B71-F08-F1142-D.jpg]
(Sep. 02, 2021  11:59 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Fun Fact: If  you go on Google and type in: (example) LegendJustice WorldBeyblade.org it will show you Profile picture s lots of people from the WBO have used

Another fun fact, you can do the same with Threads and Fanfictions and even an exact post!
(Sep. 07, 2021  7:07 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2021  6:56 PM)Zektor Wrote: Maybe at the next event we can. Bc this is my first time hosting I would like to use the classic rules for the format. (im definitely not opposed to doing a 3v3 deck format in the future. I might host 2 tournaments on the same day next time so we can play both.)

You can't host a tournament in the same week, at least that's what the rules say i think.

(Brought this conversation over here so we don't spam Zektor's tournament thread) You actually can host two tournaments in one day, Conce7 is doing it right now and nobody's called him out for it so I'm guessing Zektor can do the same thing
(Sep. 07, 2021  7:11 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2021  7:07 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: You can't host a tournament in the same week, at least that's what the rules say i think.

(Brought this conversation over here so we don't spam Zektor's tournament thread) You actually can host two tournaments in one day, Conce7 is doing it right now and nobody's called him out for it so I'm guessing Zektor can do the same thing

Oh, Okay Speechless I need to stay updated!
Somebody mind opening the Special Starter and All In One Set Threads?
(Sep. 17, 2021  10:07 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: Its always nice to get a laugh out of this thread every now and then

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-th...pid=110295

Dear God. So this was 09' WBO, eh?
(Sep. 17, 2021  10:07 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: Its always nice to get a laugh out of this thread every now and then

I’m a relatively new user but this is absolutely hilarious, how do you curse creatively and uncreatively at the same time

XD I'm glad he got banned but I could live off reading this thread lol, it was hilarious how'd you find this?
(Sep. 17, 2021  2:58 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

XD I'm glad he got banned but I could live off reading this thread lol, it was hilarious how'd you find this?

Some dude I don't remember the name of back in 2014 linked the same post in this thread.

The power to unintentionally remember pointless things because of nostalgia do wonders.
(Sep. 17, 2021  10:07 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: It's always nice to get a laugh out of this thread every now and then

His grammar makes it funnier
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:24 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:13 AM)BurningSands Wrote: The WBO has plenty of veteran users who are familiar with people claiming to leave and then automatically come back. Im sure they know what theyre talking about when they notice Justice coming back after a day. If many people have done the same thing as you claimed, Im sure they wouldve told users to knock it off. But aside from that, its only a couple people Ive seen here who did “leaves-but-come-back” maneuver 

Exact words from Justice: “I'm leaving the WBO due to school I'll be back during break (or a free day).” No where does it say that its only decreasing activity — it just sounds like leaving entirely. Justice may edit the post to be clearer but that was never done

And while I really do not want to gatekeep who-says-what (because I myself am adding input too), I really advise that you 1) read Justice’s exact wording clearly before you speak or 2) let Justice do the talking and explain this himself, because your username isnt LegendJustice so you dont know Justice’s circumstances (unless he told you to speak for him)

I wasn't trying to speak for LJ I was just trying to explain to Cheeto what's going on but I guess LegendJustice could explain it better than I could. But in short LegendJustice's decision was to only spend time on WBO when he's free. There doesn't really need to be a whole discussion about it. But, you're correct, we should let LegendJustice do the talking here and clearly explain the situation. And I tried my best to interpret what exactly LegendJustice was saying but I probably didn't do it right so bonk on the head for me. In short, you're right, we should let LegendJustice do the talking. I didn't mean to "Speak for him" I just meant to try explaining what he said. Sorry about all the chaos!

The general lesson/rule that we can learn from this discussion is really just that you shouldn't comment in a thread if you aren't going to properly contribute to the discussion of said thread. The going/coming thread is for people who are, well, actually going or coming after a substantial amount of time.
(Sep. 18, 2021  6:05 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  4:24 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I wasn't trying to speak for LJ I was just trying to explain to Cheeto what's going on but I guess LegendJustice could explain it better than I could. But in short LegendJustice's decision was to only spend time on WBO when he's free. There doesn't really need to be a whole discussion about it. But, you're correct, we should let LegendJustice do the talking here and clearly explain the situation. And I tried my best to interpret what exactly LegendJustice was saying but I probably didn't do it right so bonk on the head for me. In short, you're right, we should let LegendJustice do the talking. I didn't mean to "Speak for him" I just meant to try explaining what he said. Sorry about all the chaos!

The general lesson/rule that we can learn from this discussion is really just that you shouldn't comment in a thread if you aren't going to properly contribute to the discussion of said thread. The going/coming thread is for people who are, well, actually going or coming after a substantial amount of time.

Not only that but I did feel the posts calling out the person in question were definitely not needed in my humble opinion. It doesnt add anything to the thread, does it? It only contributes to confusion.
(Sep. 18, 2021  6:41 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  6:05 AM)Zeutron Wrote: The general lesson/rule that we can learn from this discussion is really just that you shouldn't comment in a thread if you aren't going to properly contribute to the discussion of said thread. The going/coming thread is for people who are, well, actually going or coming after a substantial amount of time.

Not only that but I did feel the posts calling out the person in question were definitely not needed in my humble opinion. It doesnt add anything to the thread, does it? It only contributes to confusion.

Yes that too, it really wasnt something that had to be discussed there or brought to the attention of everyone.