WBO Organized Play Rule Updates June 2018: Level Chips Unbanned July 2nd and More

After reading this announcement, please read June 2018 Part 2 - Spryzen Requiem Banned, Revive Phoenix Gimmick Clarification, Frames Falling Off Clarification, Organizer's Guide – Wipes or Cleaning Solution Clarificaitons

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT Burst Format: Effective July 2nd, 2018 – Level Chips Unbanned
  • Burst Format: Spriggan Requiem Layer - Trial Ban Continues
  • New Organizer Resource: WBO Organizer Pre-Tournament Announcement Guide & Notes Template
  • Organizer’s Guide: Multiple Events by Different Organizers in One Region Restrictions
  • All Rulebooks: Deck Format – Mode Switching is Not Permitted When Replay is Invoked

Burst Format Updates

[Image: beyblade-burst-level-chip-unbanned.png]

IMPORTANT Burst Format: Effective July 2nd, 2018 – Level Chips Unbanned
The Level Chip Layer accessory has now been released more widely in Japan, causing the price for them to plummet. As a result, we have decided to lift the ban on Level Chips effective July 2nd, 2018. The Level Chip will be legal to use in WBO Organized Play Events on or after that date.

Level Chip Deck Format Restrictions: When legalized on July 2nd, Level Chips will be restricted to one per deck in Deck Format.

[Image: Spriggan-Requiem-Layer-Beyblade-Burst-WB...nned-2.png]
Burst Format: Spriggan Requiem Layer - Ban Continues
Since the announcement of Spriggan Requiem’s trial ban last month, we have been monitoring the health of the metagame. A positive improvement has been demonstrated in terms of diversity of viable parts and strategies, but we believe that reintroduction of Sr at this point in time would be hugely disruptive and would jeopardize the diversity we’ve seen. As such, we have decided to allow the ban to continue indefinitely. It will be reviewed as new products are released and more tournaments are played.

We encourage everyone to continue posting test results within the Spriggan Requiem testing thread in the meantime.

Organizer’s Guide Updates

[Image: WBO-Pre-Tournament-Announcements-Guide-Cover-3D-2.png]

New Organizer Resource: WBO Organizer Pre-Tournament Announcement Guide & Notes Template

As WBO tournaments continue to increase in attendance as of late, the importance of improvements to organization and efficiency for our Organizers also continues to increase. To help assist Organizers prepare for and begin their tournaments we have created the Pre-Tournament Announcement Guide & Notes Template.

The goal of this guide is to provide a modifiable template Organizers can use to outline all of the pre-tournament announcements  they need to make and to capture notes related to the tournament all in one place which is easy to share among judges and WBO staff members after the tournament if needed.

We encourage all Organizers to make copies of this template for each of their events and modify as is necessary.

Organizer’s Guide: Multiple Events by Different Organizers in One Region Restrictions
Organizers may not host an event within on the same week as another Organizer in the same region (“region” defined as state/province or city depending on the circumstances) that is already hosting an approved event without their written approval in the event proposal for their secondary event.

This rule is being introduced mainly to protect the success of previously announced events and prevent the possibility of players being attracted to the other event instead. Such an issue is of particular concern when the previously announced event is being hosted at a convention.

Our hope with this ruling is that it will encourage Organizers to work more closely together when planning their event schedule for a particular region to ensure that there is no potential conflicts.

All Rulebooks Updates

All Rulebooks: Deck Format – Mode Switching is Not Permitted When Replay is Invoked
We have clarified in all rulebooks that mode switching of any kind (ex. Twin Nemesis Layer, Trans Driver, Gravity Perseus Metal Wheel)–if your Beyblade permits it–during a Deck Format match is not permitted when someone invokes a Replay. The intention of the Replay rule is to allow for the exact same match to be played again: same Beyblades, same modes, same launchers, same everything.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.
We grow larger by the minute... I mean by the updates Joyful_3
2nd.

I am so glad that they got rid of Spriggan Requiem. Now I won't have to live in fear of the Sr.7S/G/C.Br combos...
So mG is still banned???
(Jun. 12, 2018  8:27 PM)V2KX Wrote: So mG is still banned???

Yup, so far
Without Spriggan Requiem, mG would dominate
Interesting, I wonder what kind of combos people will come up with for the level chips. Considering there is no testing thread for the level chips yet
(Jun. 13, 2018  6:20 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Interesting, I wonder what kind of combos people will come up with for the level chips. Considering there is no testing thread for the level chips yet

They look really cool, are they something that only works with takara tomy? Just hoping I can put one on my hasbro beys lol.
(Jun. 13, 2018  11:37 PM)Dutchems Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2018  6:20 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Interesting, I wonder what kind of combos people will come up with for the level chips. Considering there is no testing thread for the level chips yet

They look really cool, are they something that only works with takara tomy? Just hoping I can put one on my hasbro beys lol.

Level chips are exclusive parts to the Super Z Beyblades that are supposed to make the Super Z layer more balanced and increase it's weight. We have no idea if Hasbro's version of Super Z Beyblades will be compatible with these Level Chips until they're revealed at some point.
For the people who kept nagging me about how “they are never going to unban level chips you are wrong” in the last news post: Let me just say. I told you.
(Jun. 21, 2018  7:51 PM)Hostileblade33 Wrote: For the people who kept nagging me about how “they are never going to unban level chips you are wrong” in the last news post: Let me just say. I told you.

Yeah, it was really only a matter of what TT would do. It was all on them and how gettable they would be. The blue Level Chips from the BeyTicket exchange made getting them more affordable ($40-70ish with shipping). The announcement of what appears to be a buyable yellow Level Chip seems like it will make things much, much better.

Glad to see it.
(Jun. 21, 2018  7:56 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2018  7:51 PM)Hostileblade33 Wrote: For the people who kept nagging me about how “they are never going to unban level chips you are wrong” in the last news post: Let me just say. I told you.

Yeah, it was really only a matter of what TT would do. It was all on them and how gettable they would be. The blue Level Chips from the BeyTicket exchange made getting them more affordable ($40-70ish with shipping). The announcement of what appears to be a buyable yellow Level Chip seems like it will make things much, much better.

Glad to see it.
Yes, I am glad to see that too, But when I talked about archer Hercules, I also talked about Me hopping TT would be producing more level chips, which is happening right now luckily.
Where is this talk of a buyable Level Chip coming from?
(Jun. 21, 2018  11:45 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Where is this talk of a buyable Level Chip coming from?

You can pre-order from masateru39 here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy-Bey...SwinZbIhf4

From what I could gather, with about the same timing as the release of Revive Phoenix will also come a buyable yellow Level Chip. I'll have the CoroCoro by next week for details, but I saw a shot in a video posted that showed it next to rP.

If anything, it will be cheaper than that in time, given that the pre-orders tend to be more expensive. So don't rush if you want it cheaper.
I was only wondering where this talk of a purchasable Level Chip was coming from. I didn't ask for where to buy one. I don't even have any Super Z Beys.
(Jun. 22, 2018  3:03 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I was only wondering where this talk of a purchasable Level Chip was coming from. I didn't ask for where to buy one. I don't even have any Super Z Beys.

I thought between the link and the info I said, that would cover your question. If not, I'll give it another go.

Basically, it originally came from them showing up for purchase at a reasonable price on eBay, haha. People spotted the yellow Level Chip on eBay first from Japanese sellers who set up pre-orders. Sometime after seeing that, I saw a shot saying something in CoroCoro and will check that out, can't confirm what it says at the moment. My copies aren't here yet. But I believe it was announcing that the first LCs for sale (not being a prize, but buyable) were being released about the same time as Revive Phoenix.

Gold, silver, and bronze are the tournament prizes. Blue is the BeyTicket exchange. Yellow is something new altogether, that's for sure. And it's going for a far more reasonable price than we've been seeing for the previous prize versions.

Tried my best to cover the bases. If I'm still missing your point, please put it in different words for me.
(Jun. 22, 2018  5:06 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2018  3:03 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I was only wondering where this talk of a purchasable Level Chip was coming from. I didn't ask for where to buy one. I don't even have any Super Z Beys.

I thought between the link and the info I said, that would cover your question. If not, I'll give it another go.

Basically, it's all coming from them showing up for purchase at a reasonable price, haha. People spotted the yellow Level Chip on eBay first from Japanese sellers who set up pre-orders. I saw a shot saying something in CoroCoro and will check that out, can't confirm what it says at the moment. My copies aren't here yet. But I believe it was announcing that the first LCs for sale (not being a prize, but buyable) were being released about the same time as Revive Phoenix.

Gold, silver, and bronze are the tournament prizes. Blue is the BeyTicket exchange. Yellow is something new altogether, that's for sure. And it's going for a far more reasonable price than we've been seeing for the previous prize versions.

If I'm still missing your point, please put it in different words for me.

No, no, I don't think you're missing any points. I just didn't understood the reasoning of linking the seller.
Hey @[Kei], you guys might want to keep an eye on the news of Spryzen Requiem S3 (which you may already be doing):
(Jun. 21, 2018  9:47 AM)McNuckFuggets Wrote: SO. i got all of wave 4 switch strike. Heres my impressions.
Nightmare Luinor is odd. Doesnt seem like it would burst easily, and mine seems to have an almost 'click' about halfway to bursting. Dunno if thats a factory fault 9r what, but it seems like its going to be pretty good.
Spriggan Requiem. Sweet, sweet lord this thing is broken. The slopes are so insanely tight that it will often click out of that spin mode when trying to put it together, making it even harder to put together. This is the tightest hasbro layer BY FAR, its actually a little scary.
Caynox C3's layer is loose. No surprises. But Bearing... i tested it, nd it seems to have exactly the same spring as all the other Hasbro drivers. Its too powerful. We're doomed.
Regulus looks neat, but is loose and underwhelming.
Spryzen S3 with Bearing, as I previously stated that Jp0t confirmed, is stupid tight. Ive tested it, never even moves. I think its safe to say Hasbro dun goofed.
(Jun. 22, 2018  3:41 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Hey @[Kei], you guys might want to keep an eye on the news of Spryzen Requiem S3 (which you may already be doing):
(Jun. 21, 2018  9:47 AM)McNuckFuggets Wrote: SO. i got all of wave 4 switch strike. Heres my impressions.
Nightmare Luinor is odd. Doesnt seem like it would burst easily, and mine seems to have an almost 'click' about halfway to bursting. Dunno if thats a factory fault 9r what, but it seems like its going to be pretty good.
Spriggan Requiem. Sweet, sweet lord this thing is broken. The slopes are so insanely tight that it will often click out of that spin mode when trying to put it together, making it even harder to put together. This is the tightest hasbro layer BY FAR, its actually a little scary.
Caynox C3's layer is loose. No surprises. But Bearing... i tested it, nd it seems to have exactly the same spring as all the other Hasbro drivers. Its too powerful. We're doomed.
Regulus looks neat, but is loose and underwhelming.
Spryzen S3 with Bearing, as I previously stated that Jp0t confirmed, is stupid tight. Ive tested it, never even moves. I think its safe to say Hasbro dun goofed.

Yup. That's gonna secure the Ban alright...

Also, on a side note, Is it Tournament Legal to use a Hasbro driver with a TT layer? If that's so, they're probably gonna drop a ban on Hasbro's Bearing cuz Hasbro has no idea that they just dropped a Nuclear Bomb in the META space...
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:39 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2018  3:41 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Hey @[Kei], you guys might want to keep an eye on the news of Spryzen Requiem S3 (which you may already be doing):

Yup. That's gonna secure the Ban alright...

Also, on a side note, Is it Tournament Legal to use a Hasbro driver with a TT layer? If that's so, they're probably gonna drop a ban on Hasbro's Bearing cuz Hasbro has no idea that they just dropped a Nuclear Bomb in the META space...
You are not allowed to use TT layers with Hasbro drivers
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:39 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Yup. That's gonna secure the Ban alright...

You are not allowed to use TT layers with Hasbro drivers

Thanks for the info!

But I realized that even if that's the case, putting Hasbro Bearing on something like Balkish could mean trouble... (I know it's not released but still...)
Wait you can't use TT layers with Hasbro drivers you gotta be kidding just great, I can't use Trans on Salamander. I guess this applies to the opposite not that I would use TT Drivers on Hasbro layers it would get way too tight likely impossible to Burst. Do TT and Hasbro Disks and Frames apply to this somehow or are Disks and Frames good?
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:52 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Wait you can't use TT layers with Hasbro drivers you gotta be kidding just great, I can't use Trans on Salamander. I guess this applies to the opposite not that I would use TT Drivers on Hasbro layers it would get way too tight likely impossible to Burst. Do TT and Hasbro Disks and Frames apply to this somehow or are Disks and Frames good?

Discs and Frames are the same for both brands. They are safe from this incompatibility rule.
(Jun. 22, 2018  5:39 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:52 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Wait you can't use TT layers with Hasbro drivers you gotta be kidding just great, I can't use Trans on Salamander. I guess this applies to the opposite not that I would use TT Drivers on Hasbro layers it would get way too tight likely impossible to Burst. Do TT and Hasbro Disks and Frames apply to this somehow or are Disks and Frames good?

Discs and Frames are the same for both brands. They are safe from this incompatibility rule.
thats good so the only problem with my combos is Salamander's driver
Mixing TT layers and drivers with Hasbro energy layers and performance tips, rather than keeping them separate, leads to damaged parts. So you don't want to do that anyway. Makes them illegal for future tournament use as well.
Where coming the tournaments from when l in France in 14 july coming i in Vichy