WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Dec 2019: BST Deck KOs Now 1pt, HyperSphere BSC Ban

(Jan. 07, 2020  9:24 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Honestly, I can see Assault' possibly being banned after testing in Burst Classic. I think Trans' will get banned though, especially given from recent tournament results where it overwhelming dominated (and rubber attack drivers were nowhere to be found).

Assault' will be banned . It is very likely that it won't.
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:52 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:24 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Honestly, I can see Assault' possibly being banned after testing in Burst Classic. I think Trans' will get banned though, especially given from recent tournament results where it overwhelming dominated (and rubber attack drivers were nowhere to be found).

Assault' will be banned . It is very likely that it won't.

It's possible Assault' lacks stamina enough to be allowed.

Trans' topping over half a tournament seems insane though and that driver has a lot of utility.
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:55 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:52 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Assault' will be banned . It is very likely that it won't.

It's possible Assault' lacks stamina enough to be allowed.

Trans' topping over half a tournament seems insane though and that driver has a lot of utility.

I disagree with that personally. It has been used manly by Yami. (V.G.Tr')That is one person so I don't see how this is a problem. It has counters to it (V2 Ul', G2 Kp', Baldore Zt') so I do not see why it should be banned. Did we ban Bullet when Yami was using it? No because it has counters like trans' has. Tr' scrapes too much to really stall like other stallers (O.Y.Z') The problem with the other stallers was that they had no certain counters. They could outspeed Attack, OS defence and KO or burst high tier stamina. Valkyrie doesn't have the stamina that Odin does so if this was a raw staller you would use something like Odin on it to dominate.
(Jan. 07, 2020  10:09 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:55 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: It's possible Assault' lacks stamina enough to be allowed.

I disagree with that personally. It has been used manly by Yami. (V.G.Tr')That is one person so I don't see how this is a problem. It has counters to it (V2 Ul', G2 Kp', Baldore Zt') so I do not see why it should be banned. Did we ban Bullet when Yami was using it? No because it has counters like trans' has. Tr' scrapes too much to really stall like other stallers (O.Y.Z') The problem with the other stallers was that they had no certain counters. They could outspeed Attack, OS defence and KO or burst high tier stamina. Valkyrie doesn't have the stamina that Odin does so if this was a raw staller you would use something like Odin on it to dominate.

There's no Trick'. If you're saying Trans, the abbreviation is T. So Trans' is T'.
(Jan. 07, 2020  10:09 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:55 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: It's possible Assault' lacks stamina enough to be allowed.

Why would people use Ul' instead of X'? Bullet is a gimmick whereas Trans' would be under a precedent on tornado stalling Dash drivers. It was used by everyone in the Top 3 of that tournament, such as on Deathscyther. It seems to be beaten by Xcalibur on Keep' though.
(Jan. 07, 2020  11:14 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  10:09 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I disagree with that personally. It has been used manly by Yami. (V.G.Tr')That is one person so I don't see how this is a problem. It has counters to it (V2 Ul', G2 Kp', Baldore Zt') so I do not see why it should be banned. Did we ban Bullet when Yami was using it? No because it has counters like trans' has. Tr' scrapes too much to really stall like other stallers (O.Y.Z') The problem with the other stallers was that they had no certain counters. They could outspeed Attack, OS defence and KO or burst high tier stamina. Valkyrie doesn't have the stamina that Odin does so if this was a raw staller you would use something like Odin on it to dominate.

Why would people use Ul' instead of X'? Bullet is a gimmick whereas Trans' would be under a precedent on tornado stalling Dash drivers. It was used by everyone in the Top 3 of that tournament, such as on Deathscyther. It seems to be beaten by Xcalibur on Keep' though.
I guess it sort of does. But I still think it is fine in the meta currently. Just as revolve is a staple in the classic meta, I think T' can be and still not break the game. I'll have to try it in the next classic Toronto tournament. But I do see how it can become a problem

(Jan. 07, 2020  10:30 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  10:09 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I disagree with that personally. It has been used manly by Yami. (V.G.Tr')That is one person so I don't see how this is a problem. It has counters to it (V2 Ul', G2 Kp', Baldore Zt') so I do not see why it should be banned. Did we ban Bullet when Yami was using it? No because it has counters like trans' has. Tr' scrapes too much to really stall like other stallers (O.Y.Z') The problem with the other stallers was that they had no certain counters. They could outspeed Attack, OS defence and KO or burst high tier stamina. Valkyrie doesn't have the stamina that Odin does so if this was a raw staller you would use something like Odin on it to dominate.

There's no Trick'. If you're saying Trans, the abbreviation is T. So Trans' is T'.
Ok thank you for clarifying.
New to the forum. Is there a link to the list of parts that are banned?
Still learning the meta game; so the drivers Ignition ( Imperial dragon), Generate ( Master Diablo) and level chip on my Perfect Phoenix are banned from the WBO tournaments?
Thanks for any links or responses.
(Jan. 11, 2020  3:03 AM)K.O.kid Wrote: New to the forum. Is there a link to the list of parts that are banned?
Still learning the meta game; so the drivers Ignition ( Imperial dragon), Generate ( Master Diablo) and level chip on my Perfect Phoenix are banned from the WBO tournaments?

Hello! Welcome! Everything you just suggested was banned isn't. I don't know where you got that.

If you go to Rules and Resources (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folde...XJtUXJ1SmM), you can see the Burst Standard rules and Burst Classic rules.

In Burst Standard, Ignition', Generate, and Perfect Phoenix with a level chip are all totally legal.

In Burst Classic, None Of Those Are Legal.

We have got to find a better way to write the banlist and rules in a way people will understand.
(Jan. 11, 2020  3:31 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2020  3:03 AM)K.O.kid Wrote: New to the forum. Is there a link to the list of parts that are banned?

Hello! Welcome! Everything you just suggested was banned isn't. I don't know where you got that.

If you go to Rules and Resources (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folde...XJtUXJ1SmM), you can see the Burst Standard rules and Burst Classic rules.

In Burst Standard, Ignition', Generate, and Perfect Phoenix with a level chip are all totally legal.

In Burst Classic, None Of Those Are Legal.

We have got to find a better way to write the banlist and rules in a way people will understand.

Thanks ? for the great info! 
Now just have to figure out after I do WBO tournaments how do I get it to show in my profile??
Did the recent San Antonio event. Great event!
(Jan. 11, 2020  3:37 AM)K.O.kid Wrote: Thanks ? for the great info! 
Now just have to figure out after I do WBO tournaments how do I get it to show in my profile??

You don't process those tournaments, the committee does. It sometimes takes a while. See, this is all volunteer based, no one's being paid, and post-processing tournaments is a total pain in the butt! I should know, pre-processing them as an organizer is too. So only a few people process them, and it's infrequent. You've just gotta be patient, really.
(Jan. 11, 2020  5:49 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2020  3:37 AM)K.O.kid Wrote: Thanks ? for the great info! 

You don't process those tournaments, the committee does. It sometimes takes a while. See, this is all volunteer based, no one's being paid, and post-processing tournaments is a total pain in the butt! I should know, pre-processing them as an organizer is too. So only a few people process them, and it's infrequent. You've just gotta be patient, really.

I totally understand thanks for clarifying. Thank you for all those who volunteer their time in making this community great.
Kei I have a question in regard of the Hybrid and Ignition' drivers. Are the drivers tournament legal if they were repaired?
(Jan. 16, 2020  10:20 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Kei I have a question in regard of the Hybrid and Ignition' drivers. Are the drivers tournament legal if they were repaired?

Shouldn't you check the Burst Standard rules to answer your own question?

"Swapping Layer Components/Disassembling Layers: Disassembling Layers or swapping components between them in any way is not permitted. Note: removing a God Chip does not constitute “disassembly” in this context, but one must be used in battle as described below."
That only applies to layers, not tips.

"Broken Parts: Beyblade parts that are broken in any way are considered illegal and may not be used in WBO events unless otherwise explicitly specified in this rulebook.  See “Breakage During Play” in the Gameplay Appendix for detail on how to proceed if your part breaks during a match."
This one seems to apply more.

It's more of a common sense thing. If you're swapping out batteries, that's fine. If you had to open the housing, that's not.
(Jan. 16, 2020  2:36 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2020  10:20 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Kei I have a question in regard of the Hybrid and Ignition' drivers. Are the drivers tournament legal if they were repaired?

Shouldn't you check the Burst Standard rules to answer your own question?

"Swapping Layer Components/Disassembling Layers: Disassembling Layers or swapping components between them in any way is not permitted. Note: removing a God Chip does not constitute “disassembly” in this context, but one must be used in battle as described below."
That only applies to layers, not tips.

"Broken Parts: Beyblade parts that are broken in any way are considered illegal and may not be used in WBO events unless otherwise explicitly specified in this rulebook.  See “Breakage During Play” in the Gameplay Appendix for detail on how to proceed if your part breaks during a match."
This one seems to apply more.

It's more of a common sense thing. If you're swapping out batteries, that's fine. If you had to open the housing, that's not.

To tell you the truth, I have read the component and breakage, but wasn’t sure whether it’s considered legal if the drivers were repaired if the motors were replaced by an identical motor. For example, replacing the dead motor from the Hybrid driver with the brand new motor from the Ignition’ driver. But just asking in case if the drivers were still not functioning from the battery replacement. (Don’t get mad or yell etc. Just asking)
(Jan. 17, 2020  9:51 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: To tell you the truth, I have read the component and breakage, but wasn’t sure whether it’s considered legal if the drivers were repaired if the motors were replaced by an identical motor. For example, replacing the dead motor from the Hybrid driver with the brand new motor from the Ignition’ driver. But just asking in case if the drivers were still not functioning from the battery replacement. (Don’t get mad, yell, or criticize. Just asking)

Right now, the answer would technically be "no". It would fall under this ruling:

Quote:Foreign Substances & Modification: Beyblade and launcher parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way that affects their performance except in the methods explicitly outlined in the green section below

Now, do we want to reconsider our stance to make it explicitly permitted to swap motors or other components? Perhaps. We do currently allow for launcher components to be swapped between identical launchers, for instance.

But we would need to understand more about the inner-workings of the Drivers to make that determination. I personally am not familiar with them, so if anyone wants to make a case that we should allow component swapping of some sort for electric Drivers, please feel free to present your case in the Discuss worldbeyblade.org forum.
(Jan. 07, 2020  5:52 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I like the change. I think 1 point KOs are the way to go.

defienetly
This video explains my concern better I think:

https://youtu.be/W-25tnnSyDI

Imperial is hitting the back wall and on some drivers the driver tip will be in the stadium.
(Jan. 17, 2020  6:45 PM)Shindog Wrote: This video explains my concern better I think:

https://youtu.be/W-25tnnSyDI

Imperial is hitting the back wall and on some drivers the driver tip will be in the stadium.

what do you mean?
I agree with most of this update and feel like it will help balance things out! I just wish they’d reconsider unbanning some hypershere tips. TT users have some dash drivers so to me it would seem to make sense to have Hashbro users also have some form of a slightly more powerful driver. I know I don’t have all the answers, but that’s just my opinion
(Jan. 20, 2020  7:36 PM)HappyRhino Wrote: I know I don’t have all the answers facts, but that’s just my opinion
Fixed that for you.

Hypersphere tips are banned in Classic because they have:
  • Ridiculous Height
  • Ridiculous LAD
  • In some cases, Ridiculous Stamina
Not sure if the weight is ridiculous, I don't have any myself. It might be.
(Jan. 20, 2020  7:42 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  7:36 PM)HappyRhino Wrote: I know I don’t have all the answers facts, but that’s just my opinion
Fixed that for you.

Hypersphere tips are banned in Classic because they have:
  • Ridiculous Height
  • Ridiculous LAD
  • In some cases, Ridiculous Stamina
Not sure if the weight is ridiculous, I don't have any myself. It might be.
There’s a 1g weight difference between most hypershere and normal tips from my testing- which is pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things. Also a lot of them aren’t crazy high. There might be a slight heigh difference but in most cases it’s not a huge difference- if any difference at all. They do have a ton of LAD but they don’t generally have ridiculous stamina and I haven’t found any that compete with bearing or revolve in pure stamina. I have the tips and therefore feel like I can speak from experience a little. I get that not everyone wants to get hypershere beys, but if you test them yourselves and come to your own conclusion I’ll respect that more than “might bes.” I get that there are reasons why they aren’t legal in standard, but I’m just voicing my concerns.
Those tips are also extremely wide, sometimes wider than single layers, which could cause Layer to Tip contact, which is less than ideal. Can't believe I forgot that.
(Jan. 27, 2020  2:31 PM)HappyRhino Wrote: There’s a 1g weight difference between most hypershere and normal tips from my testing- which is pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things. Also a lot of them aren’t crazy high. There might be a slight heigh difference but in most cases it’s not a huge difference- if any difference at all. They do have a ton of LAD but they don’t generally have ridiculous stamina and I haven’t found any that compete with bearing or revolve in pure stamina. I have the tips and therefore feel like I can speak from experience a little. I get that not everyone wants to get hypershere beys, but if you test them yourselves and come to your own conclusion I’ll respect that more than “might bes.” I get that there are reasons why they aren’t legal in standard, but I’m just voicing my concerns.

HyperSphere Drivers aren't banned in Burst Standard, you can use them in there. They're banned in Burst Classic because you can put them on something like Dragoon Fighter and be able to beat many things, especially in Opposite Spin. Examples include Neptune on Bearing and Xtend+ and Xtend+ is banned in Burst Classic. Trust me, this was witnessed in testing done by myself and others as well in Los Angeles a few months back.
(Jan. 27, 2020  2:55 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2020  2:31 PM)HappyRhino Wrote: There’s a 1g weight difference between most hypershere and normal tips from my testing- which is pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things. Also a lot of them aren’t crazy high. There might be a slight heigh difference but in most cases it’s not a huge difference- if any difference at all. They do have a ton of LAD but they don’t generally have ridiculous stamina and I haven’t found any that compete with bearing or revolve in pure stamina. I have the tips and therefore feel like I can speak from experience a little. I get that not everyone wants to get hypershere beys, but if you test them yourselves and come to your own conclusion I’ll respect that more than “might bes.” I get that there are reasons why they aren’t legal in standard, but I’m just voicing my concerns.

HyperSphere Drivers aren't banned in Burst Standard, you can use them in there. They're banned in Burst Classic because you can put them on something like Dragoon Fighter and be able to beat many things, especially in Opposite Spin. Examples include Neptune on Bearing and Xtend+ and Xtend+ is banned in Burst Classic. Trust me, this was witnessed in testing done by myself and others as well in Los Angeles a few months back.
Whoops. Meant to say classic in my above post XD. Anyways if u did the testing and feel like it’s too op- then I can respect that and it’s probably the right move to try and keep the classics meta balanced. Just hope eventually at least some get added to spice things up a little and give Hashbro users a rivaling driver to TT dash drivers.