WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

Yeah. I was considering doing money for my prize and just doing it myself, but a lot of competitors can't get TT stuff, so if they place, me getting their prize for them (deets are in my tourney thread) is probably a more pleasant idea.
But man, that is a sweet prize.

Man, well, I only noticed it was a monthly thing from now on after re-reading, and you can see my response, honestly, it's such a brilliant thing to have.
I'm not sure here is the right place to ask but is there anywhere that explains in detail why the Attack and Super Attack stadiums are the only ones legal? I don't own any of them and I know exactly what's wrong with all the stadiums I own but I'm curious as to why these specific ones were chosen out of the hundreds available.
(Jun. 26, 2011  10:24 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I'm not sure here is the right place to ask but is there anywhere that explains in detail why the Attack and Super Attack stadiums are the only ones legal? I don't own any of them and I know exactly what's wrong with all the stadiums I own but I'm curious as to why these specific ones were chosen out of the hundreds available.

Yo, if you think there are even fifty, "hundreds" of BeyStadiums available, you are mistaken. I have no idea why you would exaggerate like that.

Furthermore, in case you did not notice, the Balance Type BeyStadium (so also the red floor of the Standard Type BeyStadium) is legal too.

Anyway, it is just because everyone in the Committee agreed that a metagame influenced or dominated by Attack types was much healthier than anything else, if it had to exist. The Attack Type BeyStadium is of course the fairest stadium for Metal Fight Beyblade, so that reason does not really apply to that stadium, but it is true for the Super Attack Type BeyStadium. However, it is not true that Attack types totally dominate the latter stadium : you can still find ways to make the other types win. In fact, as I have written once, the metagame in it can be more or less the same, since it is just that each type performs slightly worse all the same.
Finally won a tourney (only just, though). Now I gotta type up dem results, send dem moneys, and actually get some sleep, as I didn't do much of that last night. Not necessarily in that order.

Man, running straight round robin was a bad idea, turns out. Went on WAY too long for everyone, and yeah, parents were getting a bit tense by the end (plus it was dang freezing).

Also, I get so much more careful when I'm at a tourney, once I lost two matches I basically swapped to a simple basalt TH170 defence combo and spammed it. That said, I can slide shoot well at tourneys, but yeah. And I was scared to use beys that I knew only had a 50-60% win rate against what my opponent would PROBABLY use, even though they would likely win at least in a testing situation... Uncertain

Didn't expect that, but yeah. More prep next time, methinks, and yeah.

Perth is gonna become really competitive within the next couple of tourneys here, especially once I set up a way to order TT beys for tourney-goers who don't have paypal. That and a little launching lesson and it'll be real interesting.
(Jun. 27, 2011  4:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo, if you think there are even fifty, "hundreds" of BeyStadiums available, you are mistaken. I have no idea why you would exaggerate like that.
If you include all of the stadiums from the plastic generation, I think Hasbro alone has made 50 in an attempt to drain a blader's wallet.
(Jul. 03, 2011  5:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: Finally won a tourney (only just, though). Now I gotta type up dem results, send dem moneys, and actually get some sleep, as I didn't do much of that last night. Not necessarily in that order.

Man, running straight round robin was a bad idea, turns out. Went on WAY too long for everyone, and yeah, parents were getting a bit tense by the end (plus it was dang freezing).

Also, I get so much more careful when I'm at a tourney, once I lost two matches I basically swapped to a simple basalt TH170 defence combo and spammed it. That said, I can slide shoot well at tourneys, but yeah. And I was scared to use beys that I knew only had a 50-60% win rate against what my opponent would PROBABLY use, even though they would likely win at least in a testing situation... Uncertain

Didn't expect that, but yeah. More prep next time, methinks, and yeah.

Perth is gonna become really competitive within the next couple of tourneys here, especially once I set up a way to order TT beys for tourney-goers who don't have paypal. That and a little launching lesson and it'll be real interesting.
Full round robin is a good way to start off a small community. Even if it takes longer, it gives everyone a chance to familiarize themselves with the community and the metagame.

I bulk order Beyblades and upsell for profit. It covers my gas since I live so far away from everything. It's also great because parents are weary of buying online so they are happy to do a cash transaction.

Grats, btw.
50 stadiums, each as depressingly bad as the next... Nice work, big H.

Yeah, it was good that we all faced each other, but it was way too late when we finished, and it's winter, so yeah.
Also, ended up with a bunch of people judging. All of them were good, and the only ones I hadn't gone over stuff with pre-tourney were judging matches when all the judges were competing or busy, and then they only judged matches between judges and another person (usually also a judge). Hopefully, I won't get yelled at for that, it got a bit hectic as we were pressed for time Tongue_out

Also, ended up with 14 people as two who said they weren't coming did show up... Uncertain Yeah, in Australia, everything is upside down. I ended up letting them compete to avoid parent rage, and cos I read something saying 16 was the actual max for normal RR. Again, I hope not to die. I can't be as mean in person where I can see people cry or whatever Uncertain

Mmm, the bulk thing sounds like a good idea, I'm not wanting to do traditional selling, but I could always take orders pre-tourney or something, and it'd help cover prize costs, I guess. I might PM you to ask a couple of things when I really get down to it, if that's okay?

And thanks. It's that initial "pressure to win one" dealt with now Tongue_out
I thought 15 was max for full round robin. Well, I never did full round robin past 9 people so I never had to know that. Either way, the limit is there for you and the beypoint processor because so many battles is clearly a pain.

The WBO can reimburse you for some of the cost of prizes, but yeah, if you need to, contact me. You should email or IM me because I won't be on much.

You're insanely good to win your own tournament. I know just how hard that is, especially the first one.
Well, as long as it's no less than 14, I'm fine Tongue_out. I took 16 from a post from December by Kai-V.

Yeah, I'll get onto that when I've sorted the money and got the orders for the prizes and everything (as it's a "pick your own prize" deal, because yeah Tongue_out)

Meh, it was more "having TH170 and knowing what to do with it" than skill, still, it's nice to prove that I can win at spinning tops. And it was everyone else's first too, so eehhh Tongue_out I'm better with spinning tops than compliments, hah.
Even if its everyone's first, I've been beaten by first timers way too often because I don't know anything about them. You're well known on here so they had the advantage over you.

That's why I try not to be too predictable during tournaments.
Good point.
I kinda worked it out quick, lotsa hell, and a lot of low track stuff, which meant I wasn't comfortable enough with MF LLD BD145LRF.
My tactics would have been better had I thought about it less this time. I tried to be a bit unpredictable and force stalling clause when I felt it would help give me the edge, but yeah, the former was generally detrimental. In future, though, now I know I can do it, I'll be more confident in using attack types.

I'm too hard on me, I know Tongue_out I won, and yeah. The gold face will be nice to have when I get it. Tongue_out
I love how there seems to me more people with a beyrank score (including pending players) than there are people without. The effort everyone has been making to get together an accomplish a tournament is amazing. Great job, guys.
Hah i know its great isn't it , hopefully my beyrank will rise a fair bit since i came second in a recent tourney. Speaking of that tourney i hosted it , its quite stressful at the start but its really fun i plan to start getting Sydney majorly active like the UK Grin.

On a sad note i couldn't get a plastic tourney going in Sydney Unhappy.
I think I'll be in top 50 once my tourney results are processed(most probably I should be) because I won all 12 matches and the only other person doing that(beybladingspirit5) is 27th.
Trivia:

Below are the WBO top bladers in their own continents as of 23rd July 2011:

America: Kei
Europe: ControL_
Australia: Raykon
Asia: Uwik

So, it's safe to say that I'm currently Asia # 1... Smug
Haha Raykon better have fun being no1 in AUS , because soon it will be me (Unless Blah or Omega keep up a winning streak). I wish i was a billionare so then i could pay for all the top bladers to fly over to AUS and have a world championship.
(Jul. 25, 2011  7:33 AM)Uwik Wrote: Trivia:

Below are the WBO top bladers in their own continents as of 23rd July 2011:

America: Kei
Europe: ControL_
Australia: Raykon
Asia: Uwik

So, it's safe to say that I'm currently Asia # 1... Smug

I would not quite count Canada as America. I think it should have its own designated section especially considering you still need a passport to get into there. Also, Canada bladers do not battle bladers in the region primarily known as America. So that would not be fair.
(Jul. 25, 2011  8:26 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: I would not quite count Canada as America. I think it should have its own designated section especially considering you still need a passport to get into there. Also, Canada bladers do not battle bladers in the region primarily known as America. So that would not be fair.

4 division: America, Antartica, Afro-Eurasia, Australia
5 division: America, Antartica, Africa, Eurasia, Australia
6 division a: North America, South America, Antartica, Africa, Eurasia, Australia
6 division b: America, Antartica, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia
7 division: North America, South America, Antartica, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia

However way you look at it, Canada is in the American continent.

What you are suggesting is division by country.
(Jul. 25, 2011  8:35 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2011  8:26 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: I would not quite count Canada as America. I think it should have its own designated section especially considering you still need a passport to get into there. Also, Canada bladers do not battle bladers in the region primarily known as America. So that would not be fair.

4 division: America, Antartica, Afro-Eurasia, Australia
5 division: America, Antartica, Africa, Eurasia, Australia
6 division a: North America, South America, Antartica, Africa, Eurasia, Australia
6 division b: America, Antartica, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia
7 division: North America, South America, Antartica, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia

However way you look at it, Canada is in the American continent.

What you are suggesting is division by country.

In that case, I guess that is what it should be then. The complete diversity between metagames and the fact that we do not even face each other to even be considered in each other's rankings and the fact that we never face each other should be a definite reason to at least seperate Canada.
The WBO bey-rank is worldwide. For this simple trivia, it's based on continents, so countries that are situated within that continent share the same bey-rank, regardless whether the blader will never face others from different countries in the same continent.

Country ranks are a lot of work to do manually, especially USA and Canada. They have many members there who are already in the system. Tracking them down, and separating them manually by countries is a lot of work. Unless, it is automatically inputted in the bey-rank system, it's not going to happen.

On a side note, you might think that it is not fair for the Americans, since Canada has many tournaments. Well, if you put yourself in Kei's shoes, Having 100 battles under his belt, AND still maintain his #1 status is a lot harder than you think. He can go the other way and be just an average or even a poor blader.

Many sports around the world, ie soccer is also listed in the worldwide system, while chances are certain countries will never play against other countries. Nonetheless, they are listed in the same ranking system.

It is what it is, and it's definitely not about being 'fair' according to your opinion. It is a mere statistic.
(Jul. 25, 2011  9:01 AM)Uwik Wrote: The WBO bey-rank is worldwide. For this simple trivia, it's based on continents, so countries that are situated within that continent share the same bey-rank, regardless whether the blader will never face others from different countries in the same continent.

Country ranks are a lot of work to do manually, especially USA and Canada. They have many members there who are already in the system. Tracking them down, and separating them manually by countries is a lot of work. Unless, it is automatically inputted in the bey-rank system, it's not going to happen.

On a side note, you might think that it is not fair for the Americans, since Canada has many tournaments. Well, if you put yourself in Kei's shoes, Having 100 battles under his belt, AND still maintain his #1 status is a lot harder than you think. He can go the other way and be just an average or even a poor blader.

Many sports around the world, ie soccer is also listed in the worldwide system, while chances are certain countries will never play against other countries. Nonetheless, they are listed in the same ranking system.

It is what it is, and it's definitely not about being 'fair' according to your opinion. It is a mere statistic.

Canada has tournaments like every 2 weeks and besides, who does Kei actually have to give him much of a challenge over there? No one apparently at the moment if he has been winning so much. I mean, as much as I hate to say it even if he is my brother, Bluezee really doesn't have much of a challenge either with the exception of a VERY small few, myself included and he is well on his way to 60 wins and under 15 losses. He barely even tries at ANY of these tournaments. That is a much better win ratio than those who are supposed to be above him. Seperating Canada and US would not be hard at all. They are really the only ones that need seperating.
(Jul. 25, 2011  9:12 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: Seperating Canada and US would not be hard at all. They are really the only ones that need seperating.

Those 2 countries are actually the hardest to separate. They have members well in the hundreds who are already listed in the bey-rank. Like I said in my previous post, tracking them down one by one to allocate the the country they belong to is a lot of work.

Well, for now, take it as it is, and come to term with Kei being #1 in the American continent, unless, you are up to the task of separating 1,000+ members, and get ranks based on countries.
And a lot of bladers travel between the two *cough*deikailo*cough*

(Jul. 25, 2011  8:18 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Haha Raykon better have fun being no1 in AUS , because soon it will be me (Unless Blah or Omega keep up a winning streak). I wish i was a billionare so then i could pay for all the top bladers to fly over to AUS and have a world championship.

Hey, you've forgotten a state, bro. Serious

Okay, I'd imagine in a Tourney I'd not be at you guys level (I make mistakes), but Tokyo boyy is no pushover. he's only lost once. And that was to me, with me using a directly superior combo, and he still didn't get flattened (3-1).
(Jul. 25, 2011  9:12 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: Canada has tournaments like every 2 weeks and besides, who does Kei actually have to give him much of a challenge over there? No one apparently at the moment if he has been winning so much. I mean, as much as I hate to say it even if he is my brother, Bluezee really doesn't have much of a challenge either with the exception of a VERY small few, myself included and he is well on his way to 60 wins and under 15 losses. He barely even tries at ANY of these tournaments. That is a much better win ratio than those who are supposed to be above him. Seperating Canada and US would not be hard at all. They are really the only ones that need seperating.
Bluezee, stop logging on the Karice's account and posting stuff like this. Karice is a fair guy and would never say something like this. Get your head out of your behind and come back down to Earth. IIRC, you lost to a guy using Basalt Bull BD145CS/MB three times in the same tournament.

Get a life.
(Jul. 25, 2011  1:35 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2011  9:12 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: Canada has tournaments like every 2 weeks and besides, who does Kei actually have to give him much of a challenge over there? No one apparently at the moment if he has been winning so much. I mean, as much as I hate to say it even if he is my brother, Bluezee really doesn't have much of a challenge either with the exception of a VERY small few, myself included and he is well on his way to 60 wins and under 15 losses. He barely even tries at ANY of these tournaments. That is a much better win ratio than those who are supposed to be above him. Seperating Canada and US would not be hard at all. They are really the only ones that need seperating.
Bluezee, stop logging on the Karice's account and posting stuff like this. Karice is a fair guy and would never say something like this. Get your head out of your behind and come back down to Earth. IIRC, you lost to a guy using Basalt Bull BD145CS/MB three times in the same tournament.

Get a life.
As Michael Kelso would say, BURN! Anyways, The BeyRank system seems well enough as it is. Separating everyone into one single country would take alot of time, plus people travel.
Bluezee doesn't put words together that way. (that might sound retarded.) Knowing this, I don't need a response to my PM, huh? lol

Hollow; thats really not required. As Cee-Lo Green might say...