WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

There hasn't been any tournaments in my state for a while. and my blades are pretty much collecting dust at the moment. I guess it's mainly because I'm caught up with senior year school work, and can't go out of my way on weekends and travel to states besides those in my general area. living in south/middle new jersey tends to have it's downsides. it kinda sucks, because now my family is starting to look at it as me just buying beys to buy them. and I can't really buy any more 4d or metal masters beys without getting yelled at. I should leave a note to myself to try to see if I could handle organizing a small tournament, though I'm not sure if I could afford it at the moment.
after this year, my family is planning on moving to another state, but it's probably going to put me farther from a lot of members.
I find it funny how Plastic Zeus was SPAMming the GBB thread with posts like 'I haz beat Lynx and i will be a threat to you all,' and he ended up not participating in the tournament.
Beat Lynx is hilariously unreliable anyway. It's hardly something I'd boast about bringing to a tournament (given how it's easy to wall), or even use at a tournament.
Right, I wouldn't use Lynx in a tourney situation unless I was extremely confident with attack types.

I also find it funny that I said I wouldn't use MF Basalt Aquario BD145CS, yet I used it in all 6 of my matches. Tongue_out
(Nov. 20, 2011  9:25 PM)th!nk Wrote: Beat Lynx is hilariously unreliable anyway. It's hardly something I'd boast about bringing to a tournament (given how it's easy to wall), or even use at a tournament.

I KO more reliably with Beat than Blitz. Take that however you want.

(Nov. 20, 2011  9:27 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Right, I wouldn't use Lynx in a tourney situation unless I was extremely confident with attack types.

I also find it funny that I said I wouldn't use MF Basalt Aquario BD145CS, yet I used it in all 6 of my matches. Tongue_out

Using what works is never something to be ashamed of, regardless. The most unique and beautiful flowers often face extinction.
True, but before Phantom and the like came out, I kind of saw MF(-H) Basalt BD145CS as an easy way out. That, and I wouldn't feel that proud having won a tourney with one of the most SPAMmed combos at the time.

When I saw Ferocious' VariAres BD145LRF, I thought, "Screw it, I'm using Basalt.'
Easy, hard, a win is a win - and they don't grow on trees. I use what works no matter who else is as well.
Oh, I try to use unexpected combo's, but only if they're actually good.

Kaiba Hiwatari: It's not just confidence/ability, it's that if you get the wrong height matchup, you're basically done. It's not really reliable/versatile in that sense.
Man, you know what I HATE about tournaments? Is how people always have to look closely at your hand to see what beyblade you picking. Like for intstance, this kid was spamming BasaltGB145WD and I went up against him in the finals and I picked VariAresCH120RF. Meanwhile The judge waits for him to pick his beyblade, but the kid keeps staring at my launcher and beyblade then he changes to BasaltBD145CS then puts it on his launcher. It pisses me off. I hate it when people are so nosy trying to see what beyblade you got. I always go with my first hand choice. Whatever beyblade I customized, I put it on my launcher ASAP, I dont sit down looking at my opponents hand trying to figure out what beyblade he got. I'm a fair legit player and I dont do that. Man, it pisses me off like, so bad man. =/

EDIT: I think both players should look away and put their beyblades on their launcher and then get ready, not looking to see what the player got and switch your combo then get ready. That's some bull though. =_=
You could just call Stalling Clause then, to make it fair as you suggest.
Yeah... that is almost a perfect scenario of "moments you should call Stalling Clause".
What I hate about tournaments is when either people somehow misunderstand Clauses, or do not even know they exist.
The clause should just be "when the judge says 'go shoot' or 'Let it Rip!', both players need to be launched inside the stadium or else they forfeit the first battle of that round."

Saves more time, less of a hassle. Want your deception tactics? Do it on the 3, 2, 1 and THEN quickly attached your Beyblade.
(Dec. 21, 2011  6:57 AM)Deikailo Wrote: both players need to be launched inside the stadium

But no, that would be a bad modification since the judge could start the countdown too early and one of the players could seriously need more time, deception tactics or not.
I think a simple question before the countdown would solve the problem.
It should be like-
Both bladers ready?
3... 2... 1... Let It Rip/Go Shoot!

Also, the countdown must not be too abrupt. It should be slow, and each word should be said after an interval of one second. That is, 3...(1 sec)...2...(1 sec)...3...(1 sec)...LET IT RIP!/GO SHOOT!
That's pretty much exactly how it goes in tournaments today. The question then is, once one of the bladers says "no" that they aren't ready, how long do you wait?

I think that a stalling clause is necessary, that the current time limit of 4 minutes is too long, and that the 10 seconds of "3,2,1 go shoot" is way too short. I'd like to see something more in the range of 1 minute, 2 at the outside.

Yes, certainly.
The tourney in which I participated, was carried out quite comfortably.
Considering none of us actually had many parts to customize, we all were ever-ready.
If the person says no, we mustn't wait for long. We must look at the person first of all.
A young kid who is probably fumbling with his beys must get a little more time. Ones who look experienced must be ready for play, and if they do say 'no', the time allotted must be not more than 30 seconds.
Considering the type of action being carried out by the blader (experienced in this case), the time must be allotted accordingly. In my opinion, this will be pretty much enough-
Customization(parts are ready)- 30 seconds
Customization(still foraging for parts)- 1 minute
Checking parts/launchers- 10-20 seconds, as the case may be, i.e. if a problem is noticed, more time should be given to avoid mislaunches. We do have Re-Shoot Clause for all this, but that is more time consuming, and owing to the restrictions of using the Re-Shoot Clause(twice throughout the tourney), people might hesitate to make use of it.
Unknown- 10 seconds

Usually, unknown reasons are the ones involving Deception Tactics. Hence, more time must not be given...
To be clear, "mislaunches" are not eligible for the reshoot clause. It is the blader's responsibility to shoot the beyblade into the stadium.
Yes, I know. Smile
Probably the term mislaunches was wrongly used... Unhappy
I meant to say, that if a person needs to check launchers and all, it is usually done to avoid technical problems. But still, if the bey fails to launch(it 'sticks' to the launcher, etc), then the Re-Shoot Clause is used... People would hate to use this Clause, due its limited usage, i.e. They would love to avoid the problem instead of making use of this clause. Smile
Mis-launches, yes. Its a blader's responsibility to launch it inside the stadium, or even launch it at the desirable power. Smile
This "mislaunch" garbage has been creating a rather serious headache... if people would actually read and follow the rules and guidelines, there would be no confusion...
Not sure where this could go. But I heard that Dakota couldn't use his from shoot clause at the finals against Arupaeo. He believes it was rigged I told him maybe you can't use reshoot in finals? He said it was a malfunction in his launcher or something.
Exactly what occurred?
He said his launcher got stuck know one rotation and it was a fail weak launch. Therefore he called for a reshoot clause and Aru refused for him to use it. I'm oovooing Dakota right now and he looks piiiissseeed! Like lmao man , tryna calm him down from all that cussing.
Had he already used two Reshoot Clauses before in the tournament ? That is probably the only reason I can see for it to be refused.
Galaxy tried to use a reshoot clause:

A) After the round had finished - not right away when launched, and
B) Because he said his hand slipped, then it was his string that got stuck, then it was his hand slipped because his string got kind of stuck and he had to pull extra hard.

Regardless of the whether there was a real problem or not, he only tried to invoke after his bey had been knocked out of the stadium and he had lost the match.