WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

Will Hasbro parts from burst be playable in upcoming events?
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:34 AM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: Will Hasbro parts from burst be playable in upcoming events?

We'll issue a decision when we're ready to. At the very least we'll have a preliminary ruling very soon for this weekend's events. We apologize to anyone left feeling anxious because of this, but this took all of us by surprise.
With the processing of the "Bey Blades Burst Tournament", @[JesseObre] has now taken over top spot in the Burst Rankings! Congratulations! Top 2 Team DAY BREAKERS. Cool

And he'll probably bit sitting there for a while too since his win at this tournament was part of a four tournament winning streak for him.

Congratulations to @[Hato] too for a great tournament, moving him up to the Top 10!
Thank you, Kei!

Very happy to be in the top 10, and I hope to keep on doing better! Smile
(Oct. 07, 2016  1:44 AM)Kei Wrote: .

Congratulations to @[Hato] too for a great tournament, moving him up to the Top 10!

Once my last tournament gets processed I should be moving up a little bit hah.
Wanted to give a heads up that we've decided to limit access to the organizers' circle forum solely to organizers and WBO staff. The forum wasn't being used much as is, so we're trying something new in the hopes of using it as a place to communicate directly with organizers, provide support and resolve incidents.

We've moved tournament reports and other threads best suited to a public audience into the WBO General forum. Thanks!
(Oct. 07, 2016  1:44 AM)Kei Wrote: With the processing of the "Bey Blades Burst Tournament", @[JesseObre] has now taken over top spot in the Burst Rankings! Congratulations! Top 2 Team DAY BREAKERS. Cool

And he'll probably bit sitting there for a while too since his win at this tournament was part of a four tournament winning streak for him.

Wow this is a great achievement! Thank you guys for recognizing me!
With his win at Burst of the Wild in August, @[MissingNo.] has now moved into Rank 14 on the first page of the Burst Format Rankings! Congratulations!
(Oct. 08, 2016  6:11 PM)Kei Wrote: With his win at Burst of the Wild in August, @[MissingNo.] has now moved into Rank 14 on the first page of the Burst Format Rankings! Congratulations!

And I dropped four spots. T___T

Congrats MissingNo.!
(Oct. 08, 2016  6:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: And I dropped four spots. T___T

I wasn't going to say anything ... but haha.
Man, regardless that Beyblade Battle Cry in North Carolina is cancelled, this weekend is basically worthy of BeyDays: on October 15th, we will be many regions playing simultaneously. Really cool and not bad at all for an October weekend right at the beginning of the school year.
What would happen if you had 0 BeyPoints, and then proceeded to lose all of your next matches in a tournament? Would you go into the negatives and be like "Ah sorry bro, take an IOU"?
(Nov. 01, 2016  11:49 PM)Hato Wrote: What would happen if you had 0 BeyPoints, and then proceeded to lose all of your next matches in a tournament? Would you go into the negatives and be like "Ah sorry bro, take an IOU"?

Let's hope we never find out. But worth remembering that when someone beats you, they're not taking points or anything from you; the amount lost and gained is totally different, based on a comparison of your scores. It's just your scores being updated as a reflection of your performance.
Is it even possible to reach absolute zero?
I have 2 question regarding rules. Thanks in advance for reply Wink

Firstly. Is is ok if we ban any part for tournament? It won't be offical but as if that part is dominating. Can we make a special rule that using specific part is not allowed?
For exp. We are keeping LTD format at Nov 20th. I'm sure Bakushin 90MF will dominate tournament again so all will just spam it (lol. As nothing else stood a chance last time) so I was thinking to ban it.

Secondly. Is launching bey on this area of BBC-03 (or making it go there when hit) is legal? I mean if bry stuck there for like 20 sec (for exp. Duo BD) would it be out of play or it is still in game?
[Image: IMG_20161104_032506_zpscdbeey8c.jpg]
i am almost positive that is still in play
(Nov. 03, 2016  10:58 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: I have 2 question regarding rules. Thanks in advance for reply Wink

Firstly. Is is ok if we ban any part for tournament? It won't be offical but as if that part is dominating. Can we make a special rule that using specific part is not allowed?
For exp. We are keeping LTD format at Nov 20th. I'm sure Bakushin 90MF will dominate tournament again so all will just spam it (lol. As nothing else stood a chance last time) so I was thinking to ban it.

WBO-sanctioned tournaments have to follow the WBO ruleset, so you can't ban parts that aren't banned under the normal rules. If you think the combo is posing an issue, you can post about it in the banlist discussion: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Officia...Discussion
(Nov. 03, 2016  11:47 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2016  10:58 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: I have 2 question regarding rules. Thanks in advance for reply Wink

WBO-sanctioned tournaments have to follow the WBO ruleset, so you can't ban parts that aren't banned under the normal rules. If you think the combo is posing an issue, you can post about it in the banlist discussion: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Officia...Discussion

Alright. Got it lol

Thanks again for reply I really Beypricate it
There's no offical events ATM there are probably some that re going to happen but are not been made offical (Toronto and London of the top of my head) just thought it was interesting to note
Also if the committee processes blade like a girl it will have processed all tournanets that have had the results and fees sent in and winning combos posted.and as such will be technically up to date as the hosts of the other Tournaments have failed to do all these things as of yet ( not throwing shade at any of the hosts I know it's a stressful thing and I respect you for that I'm just making interesting observations)
sooo has there been any reconsideration on odin's ban?
(Nov. 27, 2016  11:58 PM)RiichinG Wrote: sooo has there been any reconsideration on odin's ban?

It's unbanned in experimental format which will soon become the standard format. So expect to see it unbanned soon.
here is my tournament report:
My tournament ran very smoothly. The judges were great, challonge really helped it run as best as possible, and everyone had a great time (especially me lol). There were very few problems with it. the worst one is probably because i forgot to get the email of an unregistered member so the tournament cannot be processed yet. Just some people arrived late and they had the burst stadium so we started with Zero-G instead of burst like i had planned. The tourney also ran later than expected (also had an extra member than expected) so some of the parents were a little anxious to leave. this is because zero-g took too long. i need to use more than one stadium next time. this also caused burst to be slightly rushed. the top 3 all had 3 points overall for the prizes so we had to figure that out over PM but that wasnt that big of a deal
Overall, this was a great tournament. It ran very smoothly for me being a first time host. I just wish i would have gotten his email and everything would have been perfect.
Baltimore Bumper Bite - Tournament Report

I arrived at the library at about 10:30, and with the help of my aunt and uncle (my aunt works at the library, which was how I was able to secure the venue in the first place) I helped set up the meeting room with a place for my laptop and a few tables and  chairs for people to sit on and put their things on. A little after 11:00, COSMICSMASH1224 and his friend LegendaryGas showed up and introduced themselves. They had brought a few MFBs for the Limited tournament, but did not have any Burst Beyblades yet. As everyone else had yet to show up, I helped them build a few combos for Limited out of the parts they had. Even though COSMICSMASH told me that they'd only be able to stay for the first tournament, they were still interested in trying out Burst so I let them play with a few of my Burst Beyblades in the Burst Stadium. Not long after, Reeceroosters13 showed up with a pretty scary looking Burst collection and a Hasbro Triangle stadium, where they played a few friendly matches while I informed their parents about how the event was going to be run, and what time it was expected to end. Yami and beymaster15963 showed up a little after that, with Yami bringing a second BB-10 and Burst Stadium for us to use during the tournament. BimoSuryo arrived right afterwards, and I helped get him registered and explained the tournament to his father. While I was helping him build a few combos, geetster99, OnTheDL, and Sniper all showed up at once, closely followed by BimoSuryo's cousin, CrazyMisterNo. As it was a little past noon at that point, I gathered everyone's attention, explained the rules with some help by a few of the other experienced players there, and started the Limited tournament.

Since there was 11 people, we had to do a full round robin. I tried to keep the tournament moving as quickly as possible since 11-player round robin can be pretty time consuming and the plan was to be done with it by 2:00, so I mainly announced the next available match rather than going by the exact order laid out by the Challonge brackets. Some of the highlights of the round robin were BimoSuryo surprisingly beating several Meteo combos and Gravity F230 using MF-H Earth Horogium 100EWD and MF-H Earth Libra 135EWD, the Attack vs Attack battle I had with Yami, Sniper's use of Gravty GB145MF, and OnTheDL wrecking everyone to go 9-1 in the first stage. The first stage was done by about 1:45, but it turned out that I was the only person there who was really familiar with the Deck Format rules and had to explain the replay/switching procedure to the other finalists and Yami, who helped judge. Deck Format took a lot longer than I expected, but that was probably because it was everyone's first time playing it and they had to be reminded of the rules a few times. Sniper beat me in the first round 5-2, while geetster beat OnTheDL. OnTheDL and I played our match first, and she was able to beat me 5-2 to win 3rd place, while Sniper beat geetster in the final match. After the Limited tournament was over, COSMICSMASH and LegendaryGas had to leave, but COSMICSMASH traded his Nightmare Wheel for one of my Earths before going.

I started the Burst tournament right away, since it was almost 3:00. BimoSuryo and CrazyMisterNo only had Wyvron Armed Massive between the two of them, so I let them borrow Evil-eye Heavy Defense and Spriggan Central Zephyr and a few launchers (in hindsight, I should have let Bimo borrow Kerbeus Force Claw for the sole purpose of getting KFC on the Winning Combos list). The two of them also borrowed parts from Reeceroosters and Yami. To help speed things along, BimoSuryo's father actually stepped up to help judge, which came in handy when all of the judges were playing matches simultaneously. Some of the highlights from Burst were BimoSuryo sweeping the whole tournament with K2PO (the "black and yellow one"), geetster going in with Hasbro V2KV, and Sniper, Yami, and I trying out various L2 combos. The only difference in the finals this time was that Bursts and KOs were now worth 2 points, whereas in Limited they were only worth 1. Geetster and I fought a pretty close match that I won 5-4, while BimoSuryo beat Yami. Right after the first round of the finals was over, Reeceroosters had to leave, meaning that BimoSuryo had to give his Beyblades back while geetster beat Yami to win 3rd place. We were really pressed for time by this point, it was about 4:50 and we had to vacate the room by 5:10. I didn't think it was fair to let Bimo borrow some of my parts for his final match with me, so he borrowed some of Yami's parts to build his deck. In the final round, I self-KOed with my MKX and he won 5-4 to get first place at his first tournament. Afterward, everyone had to pack up their things and leave the room, but I was still able to give out prizes (assorted Random Booster Beys) to the placers - Bimo got first pick and chose Wyvern Central Needle, geetster went second and chose H2 Triple Orbit, while Yami chose W2 Jerk Gyro. The prizes for the Limited tournament were assorted MFB Random Booster Beys as well, and I made sure that the placers got to pick their before they left.

Overall, it was a pretty successful event, and hopefully once Burst draws a few more users to the site I'll be able to host one a little closer to home in the summer.
Thanks for the report, Wombat! Deck Format will definitely get faster when players become a bit more familiar with it. Will comment more on the combos that were in use later in the Winning Combinations thread.
Back to the first Burst! - Tournament Report

The “Back to the first Burst” event was held on 29 March 2016 at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the usual tournament location for the Mumbai community.  This was India's first Burst event, thus the name. The tournament commenced at 9:30 am and concluded at around 12:30 pm. It had two formats, MFB (Standard) and Burst. Both formats were hosted by Maximum Dranzer.

The format used for the tournaments was “Round Robin”, the players with the most number of wins battled their way into the finals. In the MFB format, the players ranked top three were Ashton Pinto, Alex Mercer and Jksiddh, their win-loss ratio being 11-3, 9-5 and 7-7, respectively. Jksiddh placing third was a surprise because he was new to the tournament scene. For the Burst format, everybody had to borrow parts from Ashton Pinto because Burst was not that popular in India at that time. The players who ranked top three were Ashton Pinto, Zee_786 and Maximum Dranzer, their win-loss ratio being 8-1, 6-3 and 6-3, respectively. Ashton Pinto placed first in both formats and well, this was not a surprise.

The Standard MFB format was really fun, the battles being intense and heated. Most of the players used Attack types which made the battles even more exciting. Ashton Pinto’s Death Aquario BD145 CS combo turned out to be really strong and almost won every battle. Alex Mercer’s Genbu Dragoon SA165 RDF also fared pretty well and won a lot of battles by “spin-stealing”. Jksiddh’s Death Cancer B:D combo was more stamina-oriented and was surprisingly able to avoid being KO’d by the other players’ Attack type combos. Ashton Pinto placed first by defeating Alex Mercer and Jksiddh with a streak in the finals with his Death Aquario BD145 CS combo.

The Burst format was a little chaotic because it was the first time for most of the players. This format took longer to complete because of the high number of mislaunches. The Xcalibur Force Xtreme combo used by a majority of the participants was able to win most of its battles with a Burst-finish. On the other hand, Deathscyther Spread Defense won most of its battles with a Spin-finish. Ashton Pinto won the finals by defeating Zee_786 and Maximum Dranzer with a streak using his Deathscyther Spread Defense combo, and hence placed first. It was not the best “first” experience, but everyone overall had a great time.