WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

What's a good idea for an indoor place to host a tournament? Grin

Just randomly thought this would be a nice question >_>
(Dec. 02, 2014  4:33 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: What's a good idea for an indoor place to host a tournament? Grin

Definitely look into a local community center or library, for starters.

That's where I host (community center). In most cases, you can get a room for free if you live in town.
(Dec. 02, 2014  4:33 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: What's a good idea for an indoor place to host a tournament? Grin

You could also use a hobby shop like we do for our indoor locations in North Carolina. It works pretty well because of all the tables plus air conditioning and more than likely snacks and drinks which is good during a tournament if you don't want to to go a long distance for some food.
(Dec. 02, 2014  4:48 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:

You could also use a hobby shop like we do for our indoor locations in North Carolina. It works pretty well because of all the tables plus air conditioning and more than likely snacks and drinks which is good during a tournament if you don't want to to go a long distance for some food.

A hobby shop? Like what? Like hobby lobby? And I thought tables were generally frowned upon for beybattles. I wouldn't want to get hit in the face xD
Like a card store or something, I believe.
Something like a comic book store, usually chains don't host any sort of events
Random off-topic comment/question. I'm sick of there not being any tournaments in my local area. I can't find any ANYWHERE. And while I support the WBO whole-heartedly, I don't want to have to pay a five dollar fee to play some Beyblade. Is there a thread/forum where I can get nearby people to just hang out, have fun, and let it rip for the fun of it?
(Dec. 06, 2014  3:49 AM)IncognitoCreepa Wrote: Random off-topic comment/question. I'm sick of there not being any tournaments in my local area. I can't find any ANYWHERE. And while I support the WBO whole-heartedly, I don't want to have to pay a five dollar fee to play some Beyblade. Is there a thread/forum where I can get nearby people to just hang out, have fun, and let it rip for the fun of it?
You can set up a tournament as the WBO is fan-run tournaments. Just gather your friends or family, have at least 8 people, post an event proposal and wait to see if it is accepted! The reason there is a fee is because they have to pay for the contests, the bills for keeping this website running. If you want to just play beyblade, go to somebody's house Uncertain
Sorry for the double post, but big idea:
You know the Super Control Stadium and how it comes with disk and a ball? Let's focus on the ball; what if Bey-Ball became a legal WBO sport?
Possible rules
This is just some quick thoughts, but will elaborate and create more rules/fix rules if the WBO Staff will consider legalizing it Smile
It could be cool, but is the ball really that difficult to knock out ? Is it heavy in any way ?
(Jan. 11, 2015  2:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It could be cool, but is the ball really that difficult to knock out ? Is it heavy in any way ?

I don't think so, but I will look up some videos right now to comfirm Smile
Also, I finish editing my comment Smile full rules there.
(Jan. 11, 2015  2:39 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2015  2:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It could be cool, but is the ball really that difficult to knock out ? Is it heavy in any way ?

It's not very difficult to KO with a good attack type. Not a bad idea the more I think about it, but wins and losses can be quite random. I suppose I can do some testing when I have the chance Smile
Edit: It's definitely harder to KO in the Super Control than in the BB-10, which might be a good thing.
(Jan. 11, 2015  3:20 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2015  2:39 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:

It's not very difficult to KO with a good attack type. Not a bad idea the more I think about it, but wins and losses can be quite random. I suppose I can do some testing when I have the chance Smile

Wow! That would be great! I understand the wins are random, but the normal game is a little random too. But I agree, this is more random. You never know if the flower pattern will work Wink this just randomized it a little more, but depending on the amount of the times the ball gets KOed, this could possibly be legalized in my eyes Smile let's see though. Thank you in advance for the tests.
No problem, but it might take a while for me to get around to it, since I'm very busy these days Smile

More thoughts:
1. No ping-pong ball.
Not only are they too light, but balls vary and can dent easily, which impacts performance. The ball would need to be durable and manufactured by only one brand to avoid discrepancies.

2. One stadium.
I will need to test this further, but it looks to me like the chances of the ball being KO'd vary by stadium (BB-10, BB-46, Super Control, etc) and if so, only one brand should be used.

3. Is the Super Control ball heavy enough?
Initially I envisioned the ball bouncing around only a little with a stamina type, but with a strong attack type, it's quite easy to KO. Being too lightweight creates several problems, namely an issue with launching, since the winner would most likely be the player who launched his/her attack type in first (given that the ball is at rest in the stadium prior to countdown). If the ball were to be dropped in by a third party at the start of the countdown, that would create a problem in and of itself because it could easily pop out (or the opposing Beyblade could be KO'd before the ball was dropped in) and additionally would be at the mercy of the dropper (biases could present a problem here)
(Jan. 11, 2015  4:04 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:

1. I will agree with that. Finding only one brand may be hard to find, and since beyblade is in different countries.. SCS ball only Smile

2.Yes, in the SCS, it will hit the pockets. So i do see the issue. But I think this is just part of the game. But yes, testing is still necessary for this random beyblade thought. Thank you for that thought, very important Smile

3. Ok. This is the main issue... If the ball is in the arena, whoever hits the ball first will probably KO it as you said. If third party does it, it might bounce out like you said. I say have a rule where they have to be a little farther back from the stadium. This could help so it isn't an insta-hit. I say this could help, but again, testing. This is the best I can think of at the moment.

EDIT: If anybody else can test this, it would be great!
Maybe a different, larger stadium could be used for this? Just a thought.

Also, about the ball, making it heavier could solve the problem of knocking it out right away. Sure it'd be harder for stamina ey beyblades, but there's no advantage to using them anyway, is there?
(Jan. 11, 2015  8:03 AM)Dual Wrote: Maybe a different, larger stadium could be used for this? Just a thought.

Also, about the ball, making it heavier could solve the problem of knocking it out right away. Sure it'd be harder for stamina ey beyblades, but there's no advantage to using them anyway, is there?

So, for BeyBall, legalizing a bigger stadium? Hmm... Might be harder to knock out the ball for attack types too.

How would we make it more heavy? Because, let's say we legalize it for Organized Play (that's never going to happen Tongue_out_wink ), everybody would need to have the same weights. I don't exactly know how to make the ball heavy and 'equally distributing' weight.

MAJOR SIDE NOTE: I am talking to Kai-V about this being a side event at Anime North 2015 Grin it would be quite fun if we could, so, anybody who can test this would be a big help!
About the ball thing, I used to put one of those plastic balls, the kind used in ball pits, and do kind of the same thing! In a BB-10, and it was alright. Not too much action and the ball generally was always nudged out - it never got whipped out by the beyblades.
(Jan. 11, 2015  6:16 PM)sarabscientist Wrote: About the ball thing, I used to put one of those plastic balls, the kind used in ball pits, and do kind of the same thing! In a BB-10, and it was alright. Not too much action and the ball generally was always nudged out - it never got whipped out by the beyblades.

I still say that the ball from the SCS should be used only as, even though those ball pit balls are all mostly the same, they could be dented and different material. I say (and not to be rude in this whole conversation) only the SCS ball should because it is an actual Beyblade product. Sorry if I came out rude through this, but I say one type of ball is the best.
That makes sense.

I think a bigger stadium should be considered though (even an old Hasbro stadium maybe, like the Thunderwhip, due to it being more of a challenge to get stuff into the pockets?).

Should a seperate thread be made for this?
(Jan. 11, 2015  6:58 PM)Dual Wrote: That makes sense.

I think a bigger stadium should be considered though (even an old Hasbro stadium maybe, due to it being more or a challenge to get stuff into the pockets?).

Should a seperate thread be made for this?

It will be like trying to get a beyblade in a pocket: near impossible. Plus, you can't get those stadiums in most stores.. But I will try to test this since I am going to order it very soon Smile

I will make a separate thread for BeyBall; hopefully Kai-V is alright with this.
I think the significantly lighter weight will make it easier to knock into the pockets.
(Jan. 11, 2015  7:07 PM)Dual Wrote: I think the significantly lighter weight will make it easier to knock into the pockets.

But wouldn't it be able to bounce out relatively easy?

Also, I have PMed Kai-V about making a thread, now it's just time to wait for a reply Smile
Not any easier than in a Takara stadium, due to Hasbro's walls.
@[Dual] I guess you are right.. Testing is seriously needed. Also,what category would BeyBall be placed in?