WBO Contributor Group Expansion

With all of the changes the WBO has undergone since our eighth anniversary–both in terms of the site itself and our team–and the fact that there is still much work to be done and many areas in which we know we can be better, over the past several months we came to the realization that in order to continue making progress, we would need more help.

Expanding the WBO Contributor Team
Our solution to this has been to expand the WBO Contributor team. This team’s primary focus will be the critical role of maintaining our vast number of existing practices from Youtube videos, to social media posts, Beyblade news, reviewing Organizer’s Quiz submissions, approving event proposals, and more.

Quite simply, without these people, the WBO Committee wouldn’t have the time to continue making progress on further improvements to the site, such as the long awaited new theme and all of the functionality that is going to be bringing (more on that soon in a future announcement!) or think about bigger picture projects to improve the community.

Existing Contributors
The existing WBO Contributor team consists of the following:
  • @[TrainiacJ] - Youtube Contributor
  • @[juncction] - Social Media Contributor
  • @[Wombat] - Organized Play Contributor
New Contributors
And we are pleased to announce that the following members will now be joining the team!:
  • @[OldSchool™] - Organized Play Contributor
  • @[ThaKingTai] - Organized Play Contributor
  • @[Alta] - Organized Play Contributor
  • @[Hato] - Social Media & Beyblade News Contributor
  • @[Jinbee] - Forum Moderation Contributor (Global Moderator)
  • @[Mage] - Forum Moderation Contributor (Global Moderator)
  • Jojo [Jp0t] - Youtube Contributor
  • @[MonoDragon] - Beyblade Wiki Contributor

What do they do?
The Organized Play Contributors will be focusing their efforts on reviewing Organizer’s Quiz submissions, event proposals, assisting new players on the forums looking to host tournaments, providing feedback to the Committee on rule changes (of course, we will still discuss big changes with the community as well!), and helping to keep our tournament data archive up to date. In short, they are experts in everything WBO Organized Play. If you have any questions about tournament rules or hosting your own event, don’t hesitate to ask them.

Social Media Contributors are focused on producing new content for our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). Some might specialize in photography like juncction, and others might be focused on writing posts regarding Beyblade News, like Hato will be. That being said, as always we still accept submissions of photos and video from our official events!

Youtube Contributors dedicate themselves to helping manage and produce new content for our Youtube Channel, Beyblade Channel. TrainiacJ will continue producing Beyblade Review videos as he has been for a while, and will also work on new video ideas as well. Additionally, Jojo [Jp0t] will bring her expertise from her own Youtube channel and helping with videos as well.

And finally, Jinbee and Mage will be joining as a pair of Global Moderators to ensure our Community Rules are enforced fairly and the forums stay organized.

With this expanded version of the WBO team for 2018, we will continue striving to be the best Beyblade community in the world. You can count on better organization, efficiency, responsiveness, activity, and improvements as the new team members get acclimated to their new roles.

We will also continue looking at ways in which we can improve even further and bring more Contributors onto the team. We are open to ideas for areas in which improvements could be made, but please understand that we do not take applications for becoming a Contributor officially. We will contact you! That being said, helping out members around the forums and promoting the WBO in your local community are all things you can absolutely do nevertheless.

Thank you everyone!
Looking forward to lazying about on my couch. Wink
Ah thank you very much. It's an honour to join the WBO Staff team, thank you. Congratulations to everyone else who were hired too!
(Jan. 15, 2018  8:43 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Looking forward to lazying about on my couch. Wink

Serious
Just realized I forgot to add @[MonoDragon] to the opening post. It has been updated.

He will be joining as a Beyblade Wiki Contributor, of course.
Nice job, everyone! Good luck in your new roles! I know you'll do great! Congratulations!
congratulations everyone! i wish you the best of luck in your new jobs
Congratulations, everyone! Really well-deserved positions.
Thanks for explanation!  And Bladecongo to all New Contributor!

Quick Question:- How can one be a contributor lol?

AKA can I be one too beyhaha? Its my dream to be a GM and I will do my best
(Jan. 16, 2018  3:05 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Thanks for explanation!  And Bladecongo to all New Contributor!

Seems like it was pretty clear in the original post.
(Jan. 16, 2018  3:10 AM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2018  3:05 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Thanks for explanation!  And Bladecongo to all New Contributor!

Seems like it was pretty clear in the original post.

Oh, sorry, I guess I missed it. thanks for telling.
It's great to be on the team! I am glad to see everybody else who was added as well, so congratulations! I am excited to help out Grin
JoJo [Jp0t] is also there!
Congratulations to all new members!Rock It!!
Perfect this is awesome we get new members and best of all more bladers ?

We need a tournament to Florida. we all are bladers and we love beyblade burst as well as ant other franchis in the successful thing we call life and a lot of blader live in Florida so I say beyblade tournament for Florida and #tournamentfloridia
(Jan. 23, 2018  12:52 PM)Beyblade brody Wrote: Perfect this is awesome we get new members and best of all more bladers ?

We need a tournament to Florida. we all are bladers and we love beyblade burst as well as ant other franchis in the successful thing we call life and a lot of blader live in Florida so I say beyblade tournament for Florida and #tournamentfloridia

Hey Beyblade brody, thanks for your interest in WBO tournaments! I thought I'd give you some information about how our tournaments work.

The WBO, a fan run community, relies on Beyblade fans—like you—to host and attend tournaments all around the world. All official WBO upcoming tournaments are posted here: WBO Beyblade Tournaments.

If you're interested in hosting an event of your own, you can visit this page to learn more: Become an Organizer.

Don't see a tournament in your area? Find the appropriate thread in our "Communities" subforum and see if anyone is interested in putting something together!

We've had tournaments in Florida several times before, and I think you can use this one specifically to voice your interest in another tournament: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Florida...in-florida

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in one of the following areas:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A
https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-...yblade-org
Congrats, everyone!!! Hope you enjoy your new positions.
Also, shoutout to Mage. When I first joined the WBO, he helped me out.
I would love to be Media Contributor, I am an experienced user of Photoshop and Sony Vegas.
(Feb. 07, 2018  6:40 PM)aggregor941 Wrote: I would love to be Media Contributor, I am an experienced user of Photoshop and Sony Vegas.

Thanks aggregor941! We don't accept applications for Contributor positions as mentioned in the opening post, but we appreciate your interest. If there's anything specific you feel that we could improve on however, please feel free to let us know and we can always consider the possibility of adding a new Contributor if we feel it would be beneficial or needed.
I am kei and I want sagnik 0091 to come with his academy on 21st December on the battle of x caliber reborn U will need 5 members sagnik 0091 .OK??

OK
(Feb. 24, 2018  9:37 AM)sagnik0091 Wrote: I am kei and I want sagnik 0091 to come with his academy on 21st December on the battle of x caliber reborn U will need 5 members sagnik 0091 .OK??

OK

LOLOL ive seen it all now... Did you just try and forge a quote from Kei to invite yourself to do something? Cus it didnt work man.