WBO Beyblade Book Discussion Thread

Hey everyone! This is a thread for discussion about a Beyblade book that the WBO community could potentially write, that would inform newer and younger Bladers about the finer points and rules of the game, along with stuff like the current ban list for formats such as standard and classic. I’m pretty sure MrBlade came up with the original idea, which I though was really cool! This book would be collectively written by the WBO Community, with the goal being to teach new Bladers the rules and meta of the game. We could figure out what works best for everyone in terms of how we could communicate, so everyone who is interested has an opportunity to put forward their input. Feel free to post your own thoughts on the thread, and together we can definitely write a great book!
It might not be a bad idea to open up a google docs and for people who want to help write it, they can request access and you only share it to certain people you want to help write the book. Docs would only be for the draft.
(Apr. 09, 2020  12:06 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: It might not be a bad idea to open up a google docs and for people who want to help write it, they can request access and you only share it to certain people you want to help write the book. Docs would only be for the draft.

Good idea! I’ll get to work on something like that tomorrow!
I would like to work on this, but I don’t have a personal Google Account and can’t get one. Could I be told some stuff to write then PM it?
i could do this but the only google account i have is my School account so i cant really help with the draft until i get a personal account
It would be cool if you included Wombat's driver chart, helps new players out a lot. Sorry for the quality.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...height=671
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:04 AM)YishYash Wrote: It would be cool if you included Wombat's driver chart, helps new players out a lot. Sorry for the quality.

That’s kinda outdated.
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:10 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:04 AM)YishYash Wrote: It would be cool if you included Wombat's driver chart, helps new players out a lot. Sorry for the quality.

That’s kinda outdated.

There wouldn't be that many changes added if you include today's meta.
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:16 AM)YishYash Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:10 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: That’s kinda outdated.

There wouldn't be that many changes added if you include today's meta.

Have you forgotten about GT and Sparking?
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:35 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:16 AM)YishYash Wrote: There wouldn't be that many changes added if you include today's meta.

Have you forgotten about GT and Sparking?

Correct me if I am wrong but the only driver which should be taken from GT into account is Rise and in Sparking we will have to wait some more and then sure, someone will make an updated version of the chart.
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:39 AM)YishYash Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:35 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Have you forgotten about GT and Sparking?

Correct me if I am wrong but the only driver which should be taken from GT into account is Rise and in Sparking we will have to wait some more and then sure, someone will make an updated version of the chart.

Zone is similar to rise, so it should also be added to a chart like this as well. Also Yard Metal should be added as well as Orbit Metal.
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:35 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Have you forgotten about GT and Sparking?

There are several other Drivers that can be added because they're better than Atomic for Opposite Spin: Rise, Dimension, Hold (Even when unawakened), Volcanic (Awakened), and a few others. Some Drivers haven't really been tested that much for LAD, so it's hard to say, but Zone and Ultimate Reboot could be added. The Same-Spin chart would probably also shift around quite a bit, especially with the Awakened Drivers. I feel like this is one of the biggest reasons why it would be hard to make an accurate book, since the meta is always changing. The only way around it would be to wait until Burst ends and every part has been tested, which would give us a lot of time to write the book, but Burst's popularity might start dying down by then.
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:45 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:39 AM)YishYash Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but the only driver which should be taken from GT into account is Rise and in Sparking we will have to wait some more and then sure, someone will make an updated version of the chart.

Zone is similar to rise, so it should also be added to a chart like this as well. Also Yard Metal should be added as well as Orbit Metal.

That's also quite true. These parts also may be important to the meta in the future so I will take a shot at making my own chart. Hopefully, I don't mess up as the meta constantly changes.

(Apr. 09, 2020  2:47 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:39 AM)YishYash Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but the only driver which should be taken from GT into account is Rise and in Sparking we will have to wait some more and then sure, someone will make an updated version of the chart.

There are several other Drivers that can be added because they're better than Atomic for Opposite Spin: Rise, Dimension, Hold (Even when unawakened), Volcanic (Awakened), and a few others. Some Drivers haven't really been tested that much for LAD, so it's hard to say, but Zone and Ultimate Reboot could be added. The Same-Spin chart would probably also shift around quite a bit, especially with the Awakened Drivers. I feel like this is one of the biggest reasons why it would be hard to make an accurate book, since the meta is always changing. The only way around it would be to wait until Burst ends and every part has been tested, which would give us a lot of time to write the book, but Burst's popularity might start dying down by then.

I agree, although there is a possibility you could just make newer additions along the way with just the old one with some additions of new parts.

The drivers don’t matter. I’m talking about the layers. With the KO potential of Judgement and Zwei, some drivers get KOed too easily. But there are other drivers to add.
(Apr. 09, 2020  3:04 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

The drivers don’t matter. I’m talking about the layers. With the KO potential of Judgement and Zwei, some drivers get KOed too easily. But there are other drivers to add.
The chart which I featured earlier is solely on outspin data I am pretty sure.
(Apr. 09, 2020  4:30 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  3:04 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The drivers don’t matter. I’m talking about the layers. With the KO potential of Judgement and Zwei, some drivers get KOed too easily. But there are other drivers to add.

Yeah, that was when the meta was based on Stamina types. Now it’s different.
(Apr. 09, 2020  4:30 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  3:04 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The drivers don’t matter. I’m talking about the layers. With the KO potential of Judgement and Zwei, some drivers get KOed too easily. But there are other drivers to add.

Yeah, it's a chart about the most competitive outspin matchups, considering that they're on the optimal setup for the kind of matchup they're in. There would certainly have to be a note that says that this chart does not take KOs or Bursts into account and that the matchups aren't completely guaranteed either.
Instead of writing a book, why don't you all just get involved with updating the wiki?
(Apr. 09, 2020  6:06 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Instead of writing a book, why don't you all just get involved with updating the wiki?

Because the Wiki is mostly about the parts and anime, and I believe this is for tips and tricks and the meta.
(Apr. 09, 2020  6:06 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Instead of writing a book, why don't you all just get involved with updating the wiki?

Only certain people are able to update the wiki pages, and it doesn’t seem like anybody who is able to has been.
(Apr. 09, 2020  6:20 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

Only certain people are able to update the wiki pages, and it doesn’t seem like anybody who is able to has been.

There's a process to becoming able to edit the wiki. Most people are unwilling to follow it.

What makes you all think a static book is going to wind up with accurate information that remains relevant over time?
(Apr. 09, 2020  6:23 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  6:20 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Only certain people are able to update the wiki pages, and it doesn’t seem like anybody who is able to has been.

There's a process to becoming able to edit the wiki. Most people are unwilling to follow it.

What makes you all think a static book is going to wind up with accurate information that remains relevant over time?

We could just release a copy every month, and every month would be a new edition. Kinda like the CoroCoro magazines.
I’d definitely help with the book. I could write and get it published.
DeceasedCrab makes a point. I think instead of a book we need some sort of magazine that we do once a month. The metagame can change at any release, so it would probably be a better idea over a book, since it would become outdated over time.
(Apr. 09, 2020  6:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: DeceasedCrab makes a point. I think instead of a book we need some sort of magazine that we do once a month. The metagame can change at any release, so it would probably be a better idea over a book, since it would become outdated over time.

Lol that’s what I said.