[Virginia, USA] Tournament Discussion

Poll: I would attend events in these areas. answer as many as needed.

Charlottesville
18.27%
Richmond
38.58%
Virginia Beach / Chesapeake
26.90%
Newport News
16.24%
Total: 100% 197 vote(s)
Well, if we end up having Colosseum in 2014, then bladers from all over the East Coast will show up, including all the VA players I'd expect. If it ends up happening I'll be there.
Same, and TBD I have plans for you ;3 And for the 27th; F230 or no? I am 100% okay with not using it
(Dec. 04, 2013  2:47 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Same, and TBD I have plans for you ;3 And for the 27th; F230 or no? I am 100% okay with not using it

Yo...Just let F230 slide... if you or anyone else needs to use it, we'll just acknowledge that they suck. 'Nuff said. aha

TBD- You can expect me to be there. Missed out this year but Im DEFINITELY not letting a single thing stand in my way of attending in 2014.
So you guys don't use F230?

GOOD! No broken carp! We blade like MEN! Angry

HE AGREES! I just got a little more respect for ya TBD Smile
But yeah, F230 just makes things boring Tongue_out
Oh stfu DrPepsidew. No one cares!!XD

TBD- You said put you down as a maybe since its an 80%-90% you guys making it. With it being that high, is it safe to put you down as confirmed ??
I HATE F230

ALSO I DONT WANT TO BE THEIR FOREVER SO please no f230
(Dec. 04, 2013  3:58 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: Oh stfu DrPepsidew. No one cares!!XD

TBD- You said put you down as a maybe since its an 80%-90% you guys making it. With it being that high, is it safe to put you down as confirmed ??

Well, I'll know later today anyway. I'll confirm today if I get the thumbs up. Smile Although, by the name it sounds like it might be later in the day.

Do you think we could get a time that could end maybe closer to 6? We have a 3 hour drive to make after all. XD
Yeah sure. We'll adjust the time. We'll probably start the tournament at either 3 or 4.
Alright guys. So mostly everything for the 12/27/13 tournament has been figured out. We've got our 8 confirmed. The time should work out in everyone's favor. The tournament will begin at 3:30pm. The venue is still being figured out. I'll host in VA Beach since that's where most of the confirmed live. I'm thinking of talking to a shop in VA Beach called Kaboom Comics/Collectibles near Lynnhaven Mall. For the formats we're gonna keep it simple with Standard BB-10 and Zero-G. IF we have time, we'll do a Limited BB-10 tourney after both main events.
Do you think we could also use my 0g defense stadium for something different
If I come, I'll probably have to leave at around 6:00, so I may not be able to stay for Zero-G.
(Dec. 07, 2013  12:02 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: If I come, I'll probably have to leave at around 6:00, so I may not be able to stay for Zero-G.
Alright Its cool. JUst try to get there as early as possible to the beginning of the tournament. If we get done with one tournament quick enough hopefully we'll have time to start the next one.
(Dec. 10, 2013  10:04 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Confirmed!!

Yippee! Grin

Too nice! haha Can't wait to blade with you bro, see you soon. I still need to talk to the owner of the comic shop we're trying to host at. I'll get it done asap though. Just keep checking back to the thread.
Glad to see everyone's still posting on this thread and keeping it active! Not. Tongue_out Haha

Good news though. Talked to the store owner Will at Kaboom today and he's cool with us hosting the tournament at his place. Its located along 859 S Lynnhaven Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452. He's not charging us a store fee so be grateful and say thanks! So everyone knows, no outside food is welcome inside the store under any circumstances. There are plenty of food stops in the area so eat before or after the tournament. There's also a Magic tournament that starts at 7, being at this tournament on time makes a huge difference. Be there on time.
Come to think of it... everyone try to be there like 20 minutes early. XD

So, starting at 3?
(Dec. 16, 2013  3:25 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Come to think of it... everyone try to be there like 20 minutes early. XD

So, starting at 3?
Yes. You're correct on both parts.
Kaboom a majic tourny I'm into majic bet you didn't know that awsome
(Dec. 17, 2013  1:35 AM)Diablo Leon Wrote: Kaboom a majic tourny I'm into majic bet you didn't know that awsome

Yeah, sure. I'm not sure how much time you'll have but if you've got anytime, stay for a couple of rounds in Magic. Im sure Will will appreciate it.
So now can anyone come to Sterling? If can't just post no. I mean people just don't answer so I don't know.
Im not even being funny...but I don't think any active members will be making it to Sterling any time soon. Getting people to make a trip hours away from this part of VA is unlikely from what I've seen. Your best bet is to spread the word amongst the people in your city. Its what we do down here in my neighborhood and we always have the children hyped for more battles.
Why doesn't anyone post on this thread...
Idk

But I just don't have anything to say

Did you see I'm ranked 287 yeah
k so SW VA and Richmond r dead fyi
It's just you guys in VA Beach and KingRagerBlade! in Sterling who are keeping this thread afloat.

To be honest, when Pruebame was making this thread, I really wish he would've made the poll public so we could not only have seen where tournaments were in most demand, but also who we should've messaged to organize those events...

This is something I've actually had on my mind for awhile, but I've considered starting a new VA thread so we could make a new, public poll where the cities listed are based on users' input on where they could attend tournaments, rather than the poll we have now, which doesn't help much anymore, being as old as it is and providing nothing but a number rather than names.

Alternatively, we could always try to get a mod to delete the current poll and post the new one with updated cities once we've agreed upon them.

... Or we could just not do anything!

Thoughts?