[Virginia, USA] Tournament Discussion

Poll: I would attend events in these areas. answer as many as needed.

Charlottesville
18.27%
Richmond
38.58%
Virginia Beach / Chesapeake
26.90%
Newport News
16.24%
Total: 100% 197 vote(s)
I am leaving for New Jersey on August 7th. The 3rd might be a good day for me to go(if someone that placed in BR is going). LMAO, I doubt YukoRay14 or JesseObre would come down to VA. Ss1 has come to some VA tourneys before so I think it's stormscorpio.
@Bazooka- You're wrong. TheBlackDragon had it right on the money. It is YukoRay14. Don't go blowing up his inbox. Just know he's coming. Also, when he comes it'll be Auggust 17th. I need to find out where we can have a tournament at, on the 17th. Either Comic book heaven or one eyed Jacques.
(Jul. 23, 2013  1:27 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: @Bazooka- You're wrong. TheBlackDragon had it right on the money. It is YukoRay14. Don't go blowing up his inbox. Just know he's coming. Also, when he comes it'll be Auggust 17th. I need to find out where we can have a tournament at, on the 17th. Either Comic book heaven or one eyed Jacques.

Do'! I might be having an NC tournament there on that day :\

If I'm not I'd love to come! Smile Put me in the book as a maybe for now.

I've got to battle stormscorpio this saturday. :\ We're having a tie-braker. I don't know how good YukoRay14 is, but from watching SS1 the BR winners are no joke. Yuko's prob just gonna come and clean house. Tongue_out
(Jul. 23, 2013  2:17 AM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2013  1:27 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: @Bazooka- You're wrong. TheBlackDragon had it right on the money. It is YukoRay14. Don't go blowing up his inbox. Just know he's coming. Also, when he comes it'll be Auggust 17th. I need to find out where we can have a tournament at, on the 17th. Either Comic book heaven or one eyed Jacques.

Do'! I might be having an NC tournament there on that day :\

If I'm not I'd love to come! Smile Put me in the book as a maybe for now.

I've got to battle stormscorpio this saturday. :\ We're having a tie-braker. I don't know how good YukoRay14 is, but from watching SS1 the BR winners are no joke. Yuko's prob just gonna come and clean house. Tongue_out

Maybe your house, but not my house. Im not gonna lose hope of losing to him til my bey makes its final rotation. Even if he did come and go undefeated, we can still learn from what we did wrong and go at it one last time.

#BladerSpiritMuch? Lol
Kaboom, Do you want me to try and see if One eyed Jacques is open the first week? It would have to be a sunday if so. Looks like I could make it if thats the case depending on OEJ's availability. Let me know asap
(Jul. 23, 2013  3:27 AM)Pruebame Wrote: Kaboom, Do you want me to try and see if One eyed Jacques is open the first week? It would have to be a sunday if so. Looks like I could make it if thats the case depending on OEJ's availability. Let me know asap

Naww I need the 17th if possible. If not the 17 then the 18th would be cool. You won't be here right? You'll be in Jersey? If so, if you can get the guys at One Eyed Jacques to say yes you a tournament, I'll host it myself.
If you need more time you can push it back a weekend I still am getting travel expenses and what not resolved
(Jul. 23, 2013  3:54 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2013  3:27 AM)Pruebame Wrote: Kaboom, Do you want me to try and see if One eyed Jacques is open the first week? It would have to be a sunday if so. Looks like I could make it if thats the case depending on OEJ's availability. Let me know asap

Naww I need the 17th if possible. If not the 17 then the 18th would be cool. You won't be here right? You'll be in Jersey? If so, if you can get the guys at One Eyed Jacques to say yes you a tournament, I'll host it myself.

Let me know. Saturdays is out for OEJ's
(Jul. 24, 2013  4:37 AM)Pruebame Wrote: Let me know. Saturdays is out for OEJ's
They is? Great grammar. Anywho, I could possibly go to a tourney on the 4th, but not the 3rd. Sunday is good for lots of people since they're usually home then.
(Jul. 24, 2013  4:19 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: If you need more time you can push it back a weekend I still am getting travel expenses and what not resolved

So Pruebame just said that we wouldn't be able to get a saturday WITH One Eyed Jacques. I know where you told me you were staying, but if you came to Virginia Beach to Comic Book Heaven, would that be a problem? If so, what day works for you? Im pretty sure we could grab a saturday tournament that day.
Agh thats to far for my Aunt, she barly even knows what beyblade is let alone who important this is to me lol, so I dont think she would take me if it was that far.
Okay. Okay. No problem. We'll work somethin out. My only problem is that I don't know if my dad will be cool with a sunday tournament. I'll do what I can though. I'll make sure we can get a Richmond tournament even if its at like a park or somethin.
I won't be able to go to a tourney that's too far from Williamsburg or Jamestown. Insomniac said he knew a good park with a gazebo that is about 4 minutes from OEJ. Insomniac and I were trying to set up a plastics tourney at that park but we didn't get enough participants. So if YukoRay14 can make it there, it could be a good area for lots of other VA/MD bladers to go too.
I think the main issue we'd have with using Byrd Park as the venue would be having to run the event without WiFi. Even so, Sterling went well without, so I'm sure we'd be fine too. We just need enough staff. Smile
(Jul. 25, 2013  5:17 AM)Insomniac Wrote: I think the main issue we'd have with using Byrd Park as the venue would be having to run the event without WiFi. Even so, Sterling went well without, so I'm sure we'd be fine too. We just need enough staff. Smile

If someone's phone can give off a hotspot u guys can use that, I use my bro's phone as a hotspot for my tournaments, cause mine doesnt give of Wi-Fi.
Or just be #1337 and do it on paper hah, it's really not all that hard
Tournament thread for this saturday's tournament is up guys. http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Virginia...t=Virginia
Sorry Guys but Bazooka and I can't make it to the tournament on Saturday. Something came up. Maybe next time
For my tourney, Armadurn cannot come.
(Jul. 25, 2013  5:25 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2013  5:17 AM)Insomniac Wrote: I think the main issue we'd have with using Byrd Park as the venue would be having to run the event without WiFi. Even so, Sterling went well without, so I'm sure we'd be fine too. We just need enough staff. Smile

If someone's phone can give off a hotspot u guys can use that, I use my bro's phone as a hotspot for my tournaments, cause mine doesnt give of Wi-Fi.

Oh, fancy! If I brought my netbook, or sombody else brought his laptop, then we could just follow Challonge-generated brackets and save ourselves the trouble of making them out of pen and paper.

So are we settled on the location and the date being Byrd Park and Saturday, August 17, respectively?
Don't forget I'm still a maybe, so don't name it after me or anything haha.
(Jul. 28, 2013  9:32 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: Don't forget I'm still a maybe...

Then we should still come prepared to record results with pen and paper. Tongue_out

Just to reiterate:
(Jul. 27, 2013  3:22 AM)Insomniac Wrote: So are we settled on the location and the date being Byrd Park and Saturday, August 17, respectively?
Missing.
So.
Many.
Tournaments.

I always bring pen and paper just in case.
I'm maybe on this one. I'll see how it goes with my dad.
Insomniac, How are your numbers so far? I can be a maybe, depending on work, but Bazooka is out of town. This sounds like it's going to be a real good event.