Vet blader back!

Hello everyone! my name's Mate I used to blade back during the first series, my first bey was one of the first released dranzers. It's been a long time for me but, i'm back now, because I have a 3 year old son who is crazy into beyblade! I'm thinking of starting a collection for us, Could someone please tell me what the top 3 rarest/most collectible beys are, and what the top 3 most competitive beys are? I'd like to start buying the rare stuff for my collection and the competitive stuff for him! Thanks WBO!
Welcome to the WBO!!! Read that welcome PM.

If you're interested in starting a collection just for collection, buy all you can find!! If you wnna do it for battling and tournament play, go to the Purchase consultation. A lot of the beys you will wanna get are overseas...

For combo help, go to "Build Me a Combo! 2" Thread, and look up the Competitive MFB Combos as well...

Looking for events near you? Go to the Official Events forum to see the ones taking place. Also go to the WBO General Forum under your region to find bladers near you!!

Also, there are many off-topic forums, in case you wanna discuss things OTHER than beyblading.

Also, be nice to admins in Blue italicized text. They will warn you and ban you if you don't follow rules. Also, for more advice, talk to those with italicized names. They know the game very well.

If you have any other questions, send me a PM. Enjoy!!!
^What he said. Plus, cool name.

Welcome DJ - Yeah!
Hey thanks for the welcome and resources guys! i'm still wondering, does anyone know what the most sought after beys are? I'm looking for the rarest ones, but i'm not quite sure what they are! those will probably go in a glass case, but i'm also looking for some competitive beys to play with as well! thanks guys!
Rare ones aren't really found to be useful. All of the rare ones are used for collection purposes only. There are many collective beys. Just research them...
Defstamina, maybe i should have been more clear, I know that the rare ones aren't competitive I just want one set of the rarest ones I can find, then another set, of the most competitive beys available.

I've researched this alot, and I've seen alot of "rare" beys quetz, and tournament, or gold editions, l lightning dragoon, but I cant really seem to find a list of the top rarest beys, or the top most competitive beys, if anyone could help steer me in the right direction that would be great!
Well, then go to the Purchase Consultation thread. They can tell you which ones are best to buy...
Some of the most sought after beys would be: twisted tempo, hell kerbeks, gravity destroyer, meteo L-drago, and any metal fury top besides (hasbro) blitz striker. As for rare beys, check toys are us or target.
Usually, rare beys will not be sold in TRU or Target.

Go look on eBay instead.

Anyhow, welcome to the WBO! Its very nice to find old school bladers! Hope you have a GREAT time on the forum!
Hello Captmateyo, welcome to WBO!

As for your inquiries:

1. Rarest beys.
There are a few definitions of 'rare beys'. They can mean non-regular releases, limited releases, championships, lottery beys, or even recolors. The rarest beys are practically impossible to acquire; beys such as Coro2 lottery beys for the MFB series. They are almost never on the market. They're usually sold privately from one collector to another. If I have to put a value to them, it would be within the US$300 - US$1,000 per bey. Your best chance for collection purposes would be regular championship beys, recolors, or the non regular releases. By definition, as rare as they are, they are still not the 'rarest' beys.

2. Competitive beys.
It's not common that beys are competitive when they're not customized. As you're probably aware, people generally customize and combine their parts to make a bey competitive. As such, you probably need a few more than 3 stock beyblades to make 3 competitive beys. Read up the Competitive Combos thread, and head on over to the Purchase Consultation thread for some inquiries & advice.

I hope you'll find your stay here pleasant, have fun browsing, and do participate on the discussions around the forum. Cheers.
hey thanks alot for all your help everyone!
Hello and Welcome to the WBO! Hope you enjoy!

And I'm glad to hear you're back into beyblade!