Jul

Vero Beach Blading #1

Vero Beach, Florida
Tournament Results
Riverside Park Large Pavilion
Riverside Park Drive
  Take Riverside Park Drive to Dahlia lane and go right on the roundabout. Keep going straight and you should see the area. We will meet under the large pavilion near the volleyball court. On the map, the pavilion is a shaded green rectangle. My dad's phone number is 772-643-7491 if you need a contact for directions.
10:00 AM on 07/10/2021
Hosted by
  JCE_13
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
6 cash  

The admission fee goes towards the pavilion rental fee.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This tournament will be a swiss tournament if over 16 people show up. If it goes under, I’ll change it to round-robin format, but let's not let that happen. I cannot allow spectators, but if you sign up, please make it to the event. Players, please only bring one person with you. I decided to rent a pavilion for this one, and I'm not 100% sure if they provide seating or not. I don't have stadiums for free play, so the participants will have to bring their own, along with seating if not provided. There is a volleyball court outside the pavilion, too. It might be a good idea to bring something like a yoga mat or blanket for inside the pavilion. If it gets too packed inside the pavilion, there is space outside. 

This is my first event, and I will try to make it run as smoothly as possible. If I make a few mistakes, please tell me where I went wrong. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Format: Swiss
Participant Cap: 20
Tournament Time: 4 hours or less
Admission: $6
Challonge link
--------------------------------------------------------

WBO Covid-19 guidelines:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments

Florida Covid-19 guidelines:
https://ogletree.com/insights/florida-en...staurants/

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/plan-fo...2xEALw_wcB

[font="Titillium Web", sans-serif]https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/community-events/[/font]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prizes:

[Image: mall-of-toys-logo.png]
Tournament Prizes – Sponsored by MallOfToys.com
The winner (1st place player) of this tournament will receive an online gift code for MallOfToys.com, the official worldbeyblade.org sponsor! The online gift code will be distributed via private message directly to the winner after this event has been successfully processed by WBO Staff.

• 1st Place: $30 USD Gift Code

I will also have prizes (to be determined) for 2nd and 3rd place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judges: 
1. SupaDav03
2. LJ-Blader
3. UnionAchilles
4. FireKingArd (I think)

Contact the organizer if you want to help with judging.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Schedule:
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM: Check-in 
10:00 AM: Tournament Starts
2:00 PM: Tournament Ends

If you signed up for this event, please make sure you can come. If you signed up and are going to be late, please contact the organizer, and we might be able to spare some time. We cannot add new participants to the bracket once the tournament starts, so please try to arrive early.

Challonge link

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 12, 2021  4:39 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2021  4:01 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I was planning on it unless your prefer I just judge. I’m cool either way.

No, of course. I did want you to play so we could have a rematch. I just didn't even know that was possible. I do need to get another judge to lower the tournament time because I can only rent it for 4 hours.

Oh, sweet Alex joined.
Well, it's nice to see people are interested. This one should be pretty fun. I might host at a public park next time. I wanted to give everyone the most amount of battles possible to improve their ranking, but I realize you get more battles in round-robin than in swiss...

Keep in mind the format will be decided by the # of participants. You need at least 17 to do Swiss. 8-11 is RR & 12-16 you do Block RR. 

Also, if you get to 17 and move to Swiss. It’s highly recommended to have at least 3 stadiums.
(Jun. 12, 2021  3:51 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: i have detected a vero beach tournament
Didn't see that coming, did you?  Wink

(Jun. 12, 2021  3:39 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2021  4:39 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: No, of course. I did want you to play so we could have a rematch. I just didn't even know that was possible. I do need to get another judge to lower the tournament time because I can only rent it for 4 hours.

Oh, sweet Alex joined.
Well, it's nice to see people are interested. This one should be pretty fun. I might host at a public park next time. I wanted to give everyone the most amount of battles possible to improve their ranking, but I realize you get more battles in round-robin than in swiss...

Keep in mind the format will be decided by the # of participants. You need at least 17 to do Swiss. 8-11 is RR & 12-16 you do Block RR. 

Also, if you get to 17 and move to Swiss. It’s highly recommended to have at least 3 stadiums.

Yeah, we'll have to see. How many stadiums would you be bringing?
Yo JCE_13 will this be live-streamed on youtube or something? (Definitely not because I want to study your tactics and the way you battle to devise a way to win *evil smirk*)
DUDE HOPEFULLY MY PARENTS WILL LET ME COME

the down side is that I live in Georgia

And if I do come I am gonna crush you all with my nightmare luinor!
I should be able to come and judge, family plans may change though.
(Jun. 12, 2021  8:02 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Yo JCE_13 will this be live-streamed on youtube or something? (Definitely not because I want to study your tactics and the way you battle to devise a way to win *evil smirk*)

Don’t know yet. Possibly, though.

(Jun. 12, 2021  10:27 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: I should be able to come and judge, family plans may change though.

Sweet. Do you have a stadium to bring for free play, because I need people to bring them. It’s very, very expensive to pay for that many.
Yeah, I do.
(Jun. 12, 2021  4:05 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2021  3:51 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: i have detected a vero beach tournament
Didn't see that coming, did you?  Wink

(Jun. 12, 2021  3:39 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Keep in mind the format will be decided by the # of participants. You need at least 17 to do Swiss. 8-11 is RR & 12-16 you do Block RR. 

I’ll bring a few different stadiums. I’ll bring a couple TT standards for official use and I can bring a couple stadiums like Dash stadium, B-50, DB stadium, SlingShock stadiums for free play. Just remind me when we get closer to tournament time.
(Jun. 13, 2021  1:41 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2021  4:05 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Didn't see that coming, did you?  Wink

I’ll bring a few different stadiums. I’ll bring a couple TT standards for official use and I can bring a couple stadiums like Dash stadium, B-50, DB stadium, SlingShock stadiums for free play. Just remind me when we get closer to tournament time.
Alright, sounds good.
@JJustice UnionAchilles izzybeyblade, did you guys join and unjoin or something? It says I got a notification saying you guys joined. We'd love to have you guys come.
I am sorry but I can’t come to this one because it’s 2 hours and 55 minutes away from my house ☹️

Well any way, good luck (come on Alex, win it for me)
(Jun. 13, 2021  4:15 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: @JJustice UnionAchilles izzybeyblade, did you guys join and unjoin or something? It says I got a notification saying you guys joined.
Oh I accidentally pressed it
You guys had better be practicing to defeat me. I learned a few new tricks...
(Jun. 13, 2021  1:59 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: You guys had better be practicing to defeat me. I learned a few new tricks...

I agree with what Strike said earlier. You should record the matches. I would be interested to see how this tournament goes. I really don't know much about how the DB parts effect the meta.
(Jun. 13, 2021  2:15 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2021  1:59 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: You guys had better be practicing to defeat me. I learned a few new tricks...

I agree with what Strike said earlier. You should record the matches. I would be interested to see how this tournament goes. I really don't know much about how the DB parts effect the meta.

I'll try. I don't know if I can Livestream it though.
(Jun. 13, 2021  2:17 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2021  2:15 PM)USN Wrote: I agree with what Strike said earlier. You should record the matches. I would be interested to see how this tournament goes. I really don't know much about how the DB parts effect the meta.

I'll try. I don't know if I can Livestream it though.

You should really just record it. Livestreaming is way to complicated and if you record it, you can splice different clips together, so that the battle transitions are fluid.
(Jun. 13, 2021  2:19 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2021  2:17 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: I'll try. I don't know if I can Livestream it though.

You should really just record it. Livestreaming is way to complicated and if you record it, you can splice different clips together, so that the battle transitions are fluid.
Yeah, we'll have to see what happens.

Update:
Added Challonge link and participants who are signed up to the bracket.
(Jun. 12, 2021  4:19 AM)JJustice Wrote: Just a question how many beys do we bring? 2 or 3

It doesn't matter. You only use one at a time for each of the 5 swiss rounds. In the finals, you get to change parts and whatnot every round.
(Jun. 14, 2021  12:47 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2021  4:19 AM)JJustice Wrote: Just a question how many beys do we bring? 2 or 3

It doesn't matter. You only use one at a time for each of the 5 swiss rounds. In the finals, you get to change parts and whatnot every round.
well it does. you need 3 atleast for deck format.
Welcome, izzybeyblade, @-Fireblaze-, @ Riot X, Trsal, BrendonTheMayor, Yatagarasu!

You guys are now added to the tournament bracket.
(Jun. 14, 2021  1:55 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2021  12:47 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: It doesn't matter. You only use one at a time for each of the 5 swiss rounds. In the finals, you get to change parts and whatnot every round.
well it does. you need 3 atleast for deck format.

Nope. You need at least one and maximum of three for deck.
(Jun. 14, 2021  2:52 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2021  1:55 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: well it does. you need 3 atleast for deck format.

It's okay. I know he knows. I think he meant to say you need to bring at most three. for deck format in the finals. Most people bring more than three for free play.
(Jun. 14, 2021  2:52 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2021  1:55 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: well it does. you need 3 atleast for deck format.

yeah but i always say bring three incase you get to deck
Welcome, ssjr0118!
You have now been added to the bracket.
If this is gonna be on Youtube Im so cheering on JCE you better win lol