[Unanswered]  Would putting WD40 in Bearing Drive(r) and Washing it off. Would that be legal?

Is it legal to use WD40 to clean the parts and wash it off later? I found it makes much easier to get dirt off. Especially on things like Atomic and free moving parts.
I was considering doing that to reboot but it seemed like something that would be illegal, tbh I have no clue
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:13 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Is it legal to use WD40 to clean the parts and wash it off later? I found it makes much easier to get dirt off. Especially on things like Atomic and free moving parts.

No, that would not be legal. It will leave a residue even after heavy cleaning. Use Isopropyl Alcohol instead. 70% or higher concentration. Near me, I am able to get 99%. Evaporates almost instantly after cleaning.
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:13 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Is it legal to use WD40 to clean the parts and wash it off later? I found it makes much easier to get dirt off. Especially on things like Atomic and free moving parts.

avoid wd-40 on plastic parts
it leaves a residue that will attract dust (making a paste)

(this is WBO illegal, but if you need to lubricate a plastic or metal part, use silicone spray)

as others said, use a high concentration rubbing alcohol for cleaning 
but i can usually get by with canned air

—-

but to reiterate, wd-40 on plastic parts doesn’t work out well in the end
it might be cleaner in the short term
however it will get gunked up from stadium dust, and you will be no better off without repeated cleanings on a more frequent (daily?) basis