[Unanswered]  What do the stars in the discs mean?

Honestly the biggest difference between the weight of a 4 star disk and any other star count is on 00, or at least when it came out. There was a nice difference between 1 star 00s and 4 star 00s.
(Jan. 17, 2021  3:30 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Honestly the biggest difference between the weight of a 4 star disk and any other star count is on 00, or at least when it came out. There was a nice difference between 1 star 00s and 4 star 00s.

Precisely what I thought, but I don't have enough evidence to prove
Alright. As a 4 star 0 user, I can confirm that the tabs are just barely wider than my other 0 discs, or my Blitz disc. Also, I weighed four separate 0 discs.
Three star 0: 24g. Hasbro three star 0: 22g
Four star 0: 23g
One star 0: 24g
From what I've seen, nothing else fits into the Lord layer base, or my Cho-Z Spriggan as well as the 4 star 0. I also seem to notice a slight bit more balance on anything using that specific disc. Though, Take my testing with a grain of salt, I tried my best with my small amount of testing.
I would do a mirror match against discs, but I don't have spare parts.
(Jan. 18, 2021  2:56 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Alright. As a 4 star 0 user, I can confirm that the tabs are just barely wider than my other 0 discs, or my Blitz disc.  Also, I weighed four separate 0 discs.
Three star 0: 24g. Hasbro three star 0: 22g
Four star 0: 23g
One star 0: 24g
From what I've seen, nothing else fits into the Lord layer base, or my Cho-Z Spriggan as well as the 4 star  0. I also seem to notice a slight bit more balance on anything using that specific disc. Though, Take my testing with a grain of salt, I tried my best with my small amount of testing.
I would do a mirror match against discs, but I don't have spare parts.

The difference is extremely minute and sometimes weighing scales aren't sensitive enough. The burst stopper one worked for me because mine was already worn and then I realised a 4 Star disc still worked.
Ah yes this reminded me. The forge disc contains stars (why,?). Also, the sticker sheet also contains stars! Please tell what is the use of those sticker stars!?
(Jan. 20, 2021  7:03 PM)MissingNo Wrote: Ah yes this reminded me. The forge disc contains stars (why,?). Also, the sticker sheet also contains stars! Please tell what is the use of those sticker stars!?

the sticker stars are to identify what parts are yours
Used my scale on TT disks and all of them are relative in weight.
The stars make no difference

The stars make no difference
(Jan. 20, 2021  7:04 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2021  7:03 PM)MissingNo Wrote: Ah yes this reminded me. The forge disc contains stars (why,?). Also, the sticker sheet also contains stars! Please tell what is the use of those sticker stars!?

the sticker stars are to identify what parts are yours

But how do those help us in that?
(Jan. 21, 2021  3:33 AM)MissingNo Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2021  7:04 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: the sticker stars are to identify what parts are yours

But how do those help us in that?

if you stick a star in a part you will be able to know the difference between your part or your oponnents if you are both using the same part
(Jan. 21, 2021  3:39 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2021  3:33 AM)MissingNo Wrote: But how do those help us in that?

if you stick a star in a part you will be able to know the difference between your part or your oponnents if you are both using the same part

Oh i c. Otherwise that isn't important. Thank you very much
I might be tripping but it seems like discs with more stars have slightly bigger prongs. If you look from above you might see I guess.
(Jan. 16, 2021  2:53 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2021  2:53 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: bruh I have a 2 star 1A

same
I have a 4 star blitz
Takara Tomy had released something explaining the starts. It’s doesn’t have anything to do with the overall weight but rather balance. No disk/Chassis will ever be exactly the same. Some will be heavier but it’s never by more or less than a gram. But, the stars are there to show you which quadrant of the disk/chassis is balanced in its weight distribution. If you were to take a disk/chassis and cut it into 4 pieces to get the quadrants, each one with a star in it is balanced. Meaning the weight is distributed evenly throughout that whole quadrant. So say you are using a disk/chassis that is 4 stars. The weight of that disk is even all around. But say you use one where it has 2 stars, both on the left side. That means the weight is balanced on the left side. So if you were to cut it in half then one side of the disk is actually heavier than the other, causing it to be off balance. Knowing this makes you choose your disk/chassis more wisely based on your combos. Say you want to use an attack type combo like with the judgement layer. You could use an off balance disk like a 1, 2, or 3 star to make it so more weight is hitting on the spot where one of the main contact points is, so that way it hits harder that if the disk was balanced. (Of course this all matters as to where the stars are located.) But then say you’re doing a standard stamina combo. If you use a 4 star disk/chassis then your weight is distributed evenly all through it and helps it stay balanced and stable. Like recently I have been using a 2 star wheel (with both stars on one side) with my hollow ring and 4A chassis to balance tune it. This way when I launch it it’s not jumping around so much from being off balance.
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:26 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Takara Tomy had released something explaining the starts. It’s doesn’t have anything to do with the overall weight but rather balance. No disk/Chassis will ever be exactly the same. Some will be heavier but it’s never by more or less than a gram. But, the stars are there to show you which quadrant of the disk/chassis is balanced in its weight distribution. If you were to take a disk/chassis and cut it into 4 pieces to get the quadrants, each one with a star in it is balanced. Meaning the weight is distributed evenly throughout that whole quadrant. So say you are using a disk/chassis that is 4 stars. The weight of that disk is even all around. But say you use one where it has 2 stars, both on the left side. That means the weight is balanced on the left side. So if you were to cut it in half then one side of the disk is actually heavier than the other, causing it to be off balance. Knowing this makes you choose your disk/chassis more wisely based on your combos. Say you want to use an attack type combo like with the judgement layer. You could use an off balance disk like a 1, 2, or 3 star to make it so more weight is hitting on the spot where one of the main contact points is, so that way it hits harder that if the disk was balanced. (Of course this all matters as to where the stars are located.) But then say you’re doing a standard stamina combo. If you use a 4 star disk/chassis then your weight is distributed evenly all through it and helps it stay balanced and stable. Like recently I have been using a 2 star wheel (with both stars on one side) with my hollow ring and 4A chassis to balance tune it. This way when I launch it it’s not jumping around so much from being off balance.

Would you happen to have a source for this?
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:33 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:26 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Takara Tomy had released something explaining the starts. It’s doesn’t have anything to do with the overall weight but rather balance. No disk/Chassis will ever be exactly the same. Some will be heavier but it’s never by more or less than a gram. But, the stars are there to show you which quadrant of the disk/chassis is balanced in its weight distribution. If you were to take a disk/chassis and cut it into 4 pieces to get the quadrants, each one with a star in it is balanced. Meaning the weight is distributed evenly throughout that whole quadrant. So say you are using a disk/chassis that is 4 stars. The weight of that disk is even all around. But say you use one where it has 2 stars, both on the left side. That means the weight is balanced on the left side. So if you were to cut it in half then one side of the disk is actually heavier than the other, causing it to be off balance. Knowing this makes you choose your disk/chassis more wisely based on your combos. Say you want to use an attack type combo like with the judgement layer. You could use an off balance disk like a 1, 2, or 3 star to make it so more weight is hitting on the spot where one of the main contact points is, so that way it hits harder that if the disk was balanced. (Of course this all matters as to where the stars are located.) But then say you’re doing a standard stamina combo. If you use a 4 star disk/chassis then your weight is distributed evenly all through it and helps it stay balanced and stable. Like recently I have been using a 2 star wheel (with both stars on one side) with my hollow ring and 4A chassis to balance tune it. This way when I launch it it’s not jumping around so much from being off balance.

Would you happen to have a source for this?

The difference is Minute, but is present.
However I do not have Particularly Imbalanced Beys or anything so I don't need them. Plus I have never seen a visible difference before, However I do use 2 Stars 0 on a side of Judgement just in case.
I havent heard/seen any evidence, I have heard from many sources, but honestly it is likely.
Only thing is that only selected parts required such a difference, so in my opinion, 4 Stars is best.

Also when you say it doesn't jump around too much, what disc are you comparing too? You see I have seen videos about Hollow and 4A on Wheel, they also don't bounce around almost at all.
What I think, is that the sheer weight of wheel is keeping 4A and Hollow Down, maybe You'd want to try other discs?

(Jan. 21, 2021  7:09 PM)Tiger212SD Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2021  2:53 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: same
I have a 4 star blitz

Nice. I have like 3 4 Star 00s, 1 4 Star 0, 2 4 Star Stings, 4 Star for both 1A/2B. I have two 4 Star 7s.
That's about it unfortunately.
My shame is my 1 Star Ratchet, but it's still pretty heavy, so I'm fine with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-C09Fh...el=Papabey
It was this video where he talks about it as well as mentions the statement from Takara Tomy.

(Jan. 25, 2021  10:47 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:33 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Would you happen to have a source for this?

The difference is Minute, but is present.
However I do not have Particularly Imbalanced Beys or anything so I don't need them. Plus I have never seen a visible difference before, However I do use 2 Stars 0 on a side of Judgement just in case.
I havent heard/seen any evidence, I have heard from many sources, but honestly it is likely.
Only thing is that only selected parts required such a difference, so in my opinion, 4 Stars is best.

Also when you say it doesn't jump around too much, what disc are you comparing too? You see I have seen videos about Hollow and 4A on Wheel, they also don't bounce around almost at all.
What I think, is that the sheer weight of wheel is keeping 4A and Hollow Down, maybe You'd want to try other discs?

I used Hollow Lucifer 2 4A (Balanced mode) wheel xt+ and when I used the 4 star wheel it hobbled around a lot longer before it would stabilize as compared to when I used a Wheel with 2 stars on the left side.
Here is the actual source for disc stars indicating disc balance.
https://corocoro.jp/13989/?fbclid=IwAR3f...WdJJAo9SoI
It does appear to be legit. I am now curious as to what exactly the stars indicate as it is still not clear. Is the quadrant with vs without a star heavier or lighter than it's counterpart?
(Jan. 25, 2021  5:39 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Here is the actual source for disc stars indicating disc balance.
https://corocoro.jp/13989/?fbclid=IwAR3f...WdJJAo9SoI
It does appear to be legit.  I am now curious as to what exactly the stars indicate as it is still not clear.  Is the quadrant with vs without a star heavier or lighter than it's counterpart?

From my own experience it seems as if the quadrants without stars are normally heavier.
yooooo i have two 4 star 0's and a 4 star outer
(Jan. 25, 2021  9:09 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: yooooo i have two 4 star 0's and a 4 star outer

you dont need to rickroll me
(Jan. 25, 2021  11:01 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  9:09 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: yooooo i have two 4 star 0's and a 4 star outer

you dont need to rickroll me

im not joking lmao also NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
(Jan. 25, 2021  11:02 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  11:01 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: you dont need to rickroll me

im not joking lmao also NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP

I got sushirolled lol