[Unanswered]  The rubber on attack drivers

I was just curious, because I have yet to find an answer, specifically on how fast the rubber wears down on something like Xtreme'. I have one, but I hear concerns about people saying they need multiples. Since I play a hearty amount I was just wondering how fast would the rubber on such a driver wears down. If it's too quick I'd be replacing it every few days. I wouldn't mind if I can enjoy the driver for a while, but is that the case? I don't want to compromise a driver in a day or two, I'd much rather just trade it away if it'll be considered unusable too quick.
personally I don't find that the rubber wears too easily my xtreme' is still almost the same as when I got and and I have used it for at least 50 rounds. My jolt' dash still hasn't begun to wear down even after being used a lot.
(Aug. 26, 2019  8:40 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I was just curious, because I have yet to find an answer, specifically on how fast the rubber wears down on something like Xtreme'. I have one, but I hear concerns about people saying they need multiples. Since I play a hearty amount I was just wondering how fast would the rubber on such a driver wears down. If it's too quick I'd be replacing it every few days. I wouldn't mind if I can enjoy the driver for a while, but is that the case? I don't want to compromise a driver in a day or two, I'd much rather just trade it away if it'll be considered unusable too quick.

Understandable. The rubber takes a lot to wear down, but don't move it on high friction surfaces like carpet or it will dissipate.
(Aug. 26, 2019  9:56 PM)Ramon001 Wrote: personally I don't find that the rubber wears too easily my xtreme' is still almost the  same as when I got and and I have used it for at least 50 rounds. My jolt' dash still hasn't begun to wear down even after being used a lot.

You're probably referring to Xtreme not the Dash variant, cuz the rubber of the latter is softer and easier to wear down like the rubber from Variable. Xtreme's rubber is probably comparable to the rubber of Evolution in terms of wearing out.
Does anybody know how fast the rubber on Hunter (the regular, not Hunter') wears down? Assuming you use it on a stadium and not on other surfaces.
I appreciate the answers. If the rubber takes roughly 50 games to begin warping I feel I will get rid of it. It won't last a single day once I start playing with my friends.
(Aug. 27, 2019  1:19 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2019  9:56 PM)Ramon001 Wrote: personally I don't find that the rubber wears too easily my xtreme' is still almost the  same as when I got and and I have used it for at least 50 rounds. My jolt' dash still hasn't begun to wear down even after being used a lot.

You're probably referring to Xtreme not the Dash variant, cuz the rubber of the latter is softer and easier to wear down like the rubber from Variable. Xtreme's rubber is probably comparable to the rubber of Evolution in terms of wearing out.

No I was talking about the dash version that I got from random booster vol.15 The dead hades.
(Aug. 27, 2019  9:46 PM)Ramon001 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  1:19 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: You're probably referring to Xtreme not the Dash variant, cuz the rubber of the latter is softer and easier to wear down like the rubber from Variable. Xtreme's rubber is probably comparable to the rubber of Evolution in terms of wearing out.

No I was talking about the dash version that I got from random booster vol.15 The dead hades.

Curious. I know that both the X' from Shadow Amaterios and the RBV have the same rubber softness and grip. The one from sA I discontinued use after 2 or 3 launches cuz the rubber from the edges of the tip really burned out quickly. It may have quality difference per mold, but I didn't bother risking the RBV one for tests alone (since I'm quite confident in my launching ability to maintain perfect flower pattern attacks with rubber Drivers)
The same applies to Hn' right? I have two, and have been using them a decent amount, but they both seem fine to me.
(Aug. 28, 2019  2:43 AM)Armor Wrote: The same applies to Hn' right? I have two, and have been using them a decent amount, but they both seem fine to me.
Hn' is very hard just like the original. No wear's going to happen to Hn'.
(Aug. 27, 2019  1:19 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was only the variables with black rubber that wore down fast like xtreme'? The carbon used for the black color makes the rubber brittle, but the red variable (from dragoon) wears down slower in comparison.
(Aug. 28, 2019  8:33 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  2:43 AM)Armor Wrote: The same applies to Hn' right? I have two, and have been using them a decent amount, but they both seem fine to me.
Hn' is very hard just like the original. No wear's going to happen to Hn'.

Funny, cuz I tried launching the Hn' from Gaia Dragoon's stock and it easily burned off quite a bit with just the first launch into a superb flower pattern. The normal variant is harder.

(Aug. 28, 2019  4:59 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  1:19 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: You're probably referring to Xtreme not the Dash variant, cuz the rubber of the latter is softer and easier to wear down like the rubber from Variable. Xtreme's rubber is probably comparable to the rubber of Evolution in terms of wearing out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was only the variables with black rubber that wore down fast like xtreme'? The carbon used for the black color makes the rubber brittle, but the red variable (from dragoon) wears down slower in comparison.

Not really aware of rubber composition for various Attack/Balance/Defense Drivers, but all I understand and know from experience is that the following Drivers I have have the harder rubber (aka slower wear-down rate): Xtreme, Unite, Impact, Hunter, Merge, Merge' Ultimate Reboot, Jolt, Evolution (worn down after a lot of launches), Keep

X', Hn', Variable, Jl', V' (probably, considering X and Hn Dash variants have same softer rubber than normal releases) and probably Anchor' (which is part of Shining Amaterios release) have softer and easier to wear-down rubber. The takeaway is that it has increased grip on the stadium for better and faster movements (for Attack types at least), at the cost of needing to buy more copies to keep competitive.
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:49 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  8:33 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Hn' is very hard just like the original. No wear's going to happen to Hn'.

Funny, cuz I tried launching the Hn' from Gaia Dragoon's stock and it easily burned off quite a bit with just the first launch into a superb flower pattern. The normal variant is harder.

(Aug. 28, 2019  4:59 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was only the variables with black rubber that wore down fast like xtreme'? The carbon used for the black color makes the rubber brittle, but the red variable (from dragoon) wears down slower in comparison.

Not really aware of rubber composition for various Attack/Balance/Defense Drivers, but all I understand and know from experience is that the following Drivers I have have the harder rubber (aka slower wear-down rate): Xtreme, Unite, Impact, Hunter, Merge, Merge' Ultimate Reboot, Jolt, Evolution (worn down after a lot of launches), Keep

X', Hn', Variable, Jl', V' (probably, considering X and Hn Dash variants have same softer rubber than normal releases) and probably Anchor' (which is part of Shining Amaterios release) have softer and easier to wear-down rubber. The takeaway is that it has increased grip on the stadium for better and faster movements (for Attack types at least), at the cost of needing to buy more copies to keep competitive.

I thought there was only anchor and no anchor'?
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:18 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  3:49 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Funny, cuz I tried launching the Hn' from Gaia Dragoon's stock and it easily burned off quite a bit with just the first launch into a superb flower pattern. The normal variant is harder.

Not really aware of rubber composition for various Attack/Balance/Defense Drivers, but all I understand and know from experience is that the following Drivers I have have the harder rubber (aka slower wear-down rate): Xtreme,  Unite, Impact, Hunter, Merge, Merge' Ultimate Reboot, Jolt, Evolution (worn down after a lot of launches), Keep

I thought there was only anchor and no anchor'?

My bad. It was Aero Disk that had an " Aero'". Yeah, that was Anchor, no Prime variant.
Xtreme' definitely feels softer and more prone to wear.

For some reason, I don't know if this is true and I can't check right at this moment, but my Quick' seems to have tougher rubber than my Xtreme'
(Aug. 30, 2019  7:44 PM)joyos Wrote: Xtreme' definitely feels softer and more prone to wear.

For some reason, I don't know if this is true and I can't check right at this moment, but my Quick' seems to have tougher rubber than my Xtreme'

I saw that in a few other posts too. That is most probably the case too.
(Aug. 31, 2019  6:31 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2019  7:44 PM)joyos Wrote: Xtreme' definitely feels softer and more prone to wear.

I saw that in a few other posts too. That is most probably the case too.

It is. Quick' in general wears down less and is a bit easier to control, but has less raw power than Xtreme'.
Would you say 50 is the magic number before a rubber driver is finished?
Not really. I have been using my extreme dash and jolt dash this whole week and there is only a slight change to my extreme dash.
(Aug. 26, 2019  8:40 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I was just curious, because I have yet to find an answer, specifically on how fast the rubber wears down on something like Xtreme'. I have one, but I hear concerns about people saying they need multiples. Since I play a hearty amount I was just wondering how fast would the rubber on such a driver wears down. If it's too quick I'd be replacing it every few days. I wouldn't mind if I can enjoy the driver for a while, but is that the case? I don't want to compromise a driver in a day or two, I'd much rather just trade it away if it'll be considered unusable too quick.
I know with my extreme driver that it wears down somewhat slowly. Sure if you want the best of the best performance you’re going to replace this driver more often, but you can battle with it for months before it is totally out of its prime, at least from my experience. I don’t know how fast the xtreme’ driver wears down, but hope this posts helps and can be used as a benchmark.