[Unanswered]  Grade 2 Beyblade Club-Help Needed

My child is in Grade 2 and of his own devices has approached his teacher and his principle to form a Beyblade club to which they have agreed.

His rules for the club so far to get the administration to agree to the club are:
1.       No playing except during club time in the designated room.
2.       No trading at all during school/ club time.
3.    The beyblades stay in the designated classroom during the day until club time.

I have been working hard at reading the forums etc and have tried hard to understand the rules but I am struggling. As I understand it there are metal beys, Hasbro beys, Takara Tomy beys in both and more I am missing for sure. I assume same battles same?  Can any burst Hasbro vs Takara Battle or do they need to be separated. What is Meta? What is meant by Deck?

Is the Beyblade Burst Evolution SwitchStrike Battle Tower with the ability to play with 4 player or 2 a good choice? If not which one would you choose for grade 2 beybladers?

What I need is grade two level rules to be understood by adults who are not deeply entrenched in the Beyblade battle scene. If I make it over complicated and technical it may not even get off the ground.

Thank you for you time and input.

Complete Newbie and proud dad.

Gary
(Apr. 29, 2019  5:17 PM)mojorisin35 Wrote: My child is in Grade 2 and of his own devices has approached his teacher and his principle to form a Beyblade club to which they have agreed.

His rules for the club so far to get the administration to agree to the club are:
3.    The beyblades stay in the designated classroom during the day until club time.

I have been working hard at reading the forums etc and have tried hard to understand the rules but I am struggling. As I understand it there are metal beys, Hasbro beys, Takara Tomy beys in both and more I am missing for sure. I assume same battles same?  Can any burst Hasbro vs Takara Battle or do they need to be separated. What is Meta? What is meant by Deck?

Is the Beyblade Burst Evolution SwitchStrike Battle Tower with the ability to play with 4 player or 2 a good choice? If not which one would you choose for grade 2 beybladers?

What I need is grade two level rules to be understood by adults who are not deeply entrenched in the Beyblade battle scene. If I make it over complicated and technical it may not even get off the ground.

Gary

Hi,
Hasbro and TT can face each other but parts of Hasbro and TT can not be combined. I would recommend having separate stadiums for battles of Burst and MFB so they beys don’t break. I’m pretty sure that the meta is the best parts. Do not get the Hasbro battle tower, it is not good and has a small stadium and is hard to get the tops in the stadium. I would choose a standard beystadium (Hasbro or Takara) which ever one is more affordable. You could have parts to borrow for people that don’t have Beys. A deck is the 3 Beys that you use in the finals of a Beyblade tournament. If you have any more questions about anything you may feel free to PM me
-UltimateMaster
(Apr. 29, 2019  5:17 PM)mojorisin35 Wrote: My child is in Grade 2 and of his own devices has approached his teacher and his principle to form a Beyblade club to which they have agreed.

Gary

Guide to Beyblade Burst
Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).
Hello Gary. Thank you for taking an interest in your son's hobby, and helping to facilitate a structured opportunity for him and his friends to Beyblade.

Here are some answers:
Beyblade has been ongoing since 1999. The original series used plastics. Additional generations followed, with different levels of compatibility. They added in metal around 2003, and the latest generation has been available since 2015, Beyblade Burst. I'm sure you've seen why it's called Burst, the older generators were not meant to potentially break apart mid-battle.

There are Burst layers with metal in them, and forge/core discs usually have metal. But when people say metal they usually mean HMS or HWS generations (I'm not sure which, myself), which tended to be heavier, faster, and have more metal on them.

Takara Tomy and Hasbro are the two current manufacturers for Beyblade that I'm aware of. TT makes the Japanese/East Asian releases. Hasbro handles releases for North America and select parts of the rest of the world. TT and Hasbro Forge/Core discs and frames can be combined with any other parts.

Assuming you are in the US, Hasbro Beyblades are commonly available at Walmart, Target, grocery stores, and even Five Below.

Hasbro Tips and Layers rely on Slopes to control or slow the distance between a bey bursting or not bursting; TT relies on plastic teeth instead of slopes, usually. The two plastic teeth on the Tips are slightly higher on TT than Hasbro. The tips for Hasbro and the layers for TT should not be combined; these combinations will be too loose. The layers for Hasbro should not be combined with the tips for TT: This will damage the slopes and potentially cause an unfair advantage for that bey, making it unlikely to burst.

Depending on the bey, there can be vast differences in performance between a Hasbro version of a beyblade part and a TT version of a beyblade part. About 90% of the time, the TT release is better. There are some notable exceptions.

Meta is actually an acronym for "most effective tactics available". It describes the thinking people use in their tournament decisions.

Deck format, as far as WBO is concerned, and a simplified explanation, is when bladers have 3 beys each, they each choose one, and then can swap between their beys between each launch. Whoever did not win the previous launch gets to pick their bey second, giving them a slight advantage to compensate for the fact that they did not win the previous round. First to 5 points wins.

Here is a simplified ruleset for adults and 2nd graders:
Each blader picks a bey in secret, both reveal at the same time. Players will launch simultaneously (on the "rip" part of "3, 2, 1, Let It Rip!") into a beystadium. Scoring is as follows:
1 point to a bey that outspins another bey
1 point to a bey that knocks out another bey from the stadium or into a hole
2 points for a bey that bursts another bey
First to 3 points wins.

You should use whichever Beystadium the 2nd graders find fun. The Battle Tower is kind of difficult to have decent matches in. A lot of Hasbro beystadiums have bumps, ramps, grooves in the middle, or other mini-gold obstacles. I find that the Star Storm stadium is a decent Hasbro one that also has shielding which may protect players from bursts.

Gary

Alright, first, let me say that your child is amazing for having such initiative at an age such as his.

So Takara Tomy is the Japanese Beyblade brand. They tend to release things sooner and have better products in general compared to the American company, Hasbro. The top and bottom parts for each brand are NOT compatible, but the middle metal parts are. For a stadium, the Battle Tower is rubbish, so try to stay away from it. I recommend either the TT(Takara Tomy) standard Beystadium or the Hasbro Basic Beystadium. In the future, the might want to look into some of the more gimmicky-y ones, but these two are great places to start(the Hasbro one will be easier to get than the TT one, just FYI). As far as the rules go, a "deck" is just a set of 3 Beyblades(With no repeating parts) to be used in tournaments. What everyone else forgot to say is that to actually WIN a match, you typically have to get to 3(sometimes 2) points. Points are achieved by either 1.) Bursting your opponent's bey(2 points), 2.) Knocking their Bey out of the stadium or into one of the pockets(1 point), and 3.) Out-spinning your opponent's bey(1 point). Metal Fight Beyblade(MFB) is incredibly rare nowadays but was booming in 2010-ish. Make sure that MFB only fight MFB, and Burst only fight Burst. MFB has a ring of metal as the contact point, whereas Burst has a plastic layer. Those rules were pretty much expected, and I don't really have anything to say about that. Odds are, depending on how many people join, there's going to be a few people without gear of their own. This is why you should always have extra beys and launchers so that everyone can join the fun. Oh, you'll also want to get more than 1 stadium, because again, depending on how many people join, there's going to be lots of kids clamoring for battles. Make sure everyone has a good concept of good sportsmanship. I also recommend going through the trouble of keeping a log of whose beys are whose, and who's using what beys, that way beys don't get stolen and can be kept track of. It's a lot of work, but once I started doing that, it was a breeze to find who had the missing beys!

My last note is, make sure everyone is having fun! With that, good luck!
The amount of help in these posts are are amazing! I have read and re read all of them! you are very kind with your time and your words, all of you. His first meet up is this Friday. I purchased him some new beyblades so he has extra for others who don't have any. We are purchasing Hasbro as that is all there is in our area and likely what all the other kids will have, he will keep his favorites to compete FYI they are Balkesh B3, Salamander S4, Luinor L3, and Spryzen Requiem S3. I have also ordered the TT B-09 stadium as that seems pretty much standard in all the videos we watch. Any must have Beys in the Hasbro lineup his birthday is coming...
thank you again

Gary
Balkesh is extremely good, but if you see Caynox C3 you should consider getting it. The Hasbro version of the Bearing tip, when combined with Balkesh, is exceedingly good.
(May. 01, 2019  4:39 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Balkesh is extremely good, but if you see Caynox C3 you should consider getting it. The Hasbro version of the Bearing tip, when combined with Balkesh, is exceedingly good.
Yeah, but even better with lS3
found a Caynox C3 first try.

and for us newbs what is this lS3 you speak of? bladekid?
(May. 01, 2019  9:06 PM)mojorisin35 Wrote: found a Caynox C3  first try.

and for us newbs what is this lS3  you speak of? bladekid?

Legend Spryzen S3. It’s pretty hard to find right now so I would recommend sticking with Balkesh B3. SmileSmileSmile
As an additional clarification, the reason Hasbro Bearing is a better part than TT Bearing is because the spring is weak on TT and fairly strong in Hasbro.

When combined with Balkesh, it makes a near unburstable combination. When combined with Legend Spryzen S3, you can use the spin direction changing capability of that layer to guarantee opposite spin against the opposing bey. And Bearing does exceptionally well in opposite spin situations.

LS3 is also the only layer which can legally switch spin direction in the middle of a match in WBO tournaments.
my sons teacher just emailed me, i am so proud of him.

"Sorry Gary that I haven't got back to you yet!! We have been busy with Pod Sharing stuff but Soren and I have met to discuss plans. I have made some flyers to hand out to classes. We decided to try Grade 1-4 right now and see how it goes. The Beyblade club will be held in my classroom at lunch on Fridays. I will get the flyers printed so Soren can hand them to classes to go out this week and we will begin next Friday. On the notice we put for students to bring their own beyblades and a stadium if they have one. So I think the only thing that would be helpful is a couple of stadiums if you have them?? We could maybe ask on the facebook page or kijiji for some used ones??? Other than that I think everything is good. I will connect with you after our first club meeting if we need anything else.

Thank you!
Michelle
Awesome!

I really can't stress this enough, however -- DO NOT COMBINE MFB AND BURST!!!!!!!
Like, seriously. Don't. Make sure all of the kids know this.

I know that on eBay if you search "Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst" you can find UBER cheap stuff(Like, 3-7 dollars) with free shipping. Be wary of fakes, but the large majority of the beys I have gotten for prices like that are all legitimate! It's actually quite astonishing. Look at the boxes if you do plan on getting any of these beys. It should say Beyblade in English. If it says Tornado or something, that's a fake. Really, just PM someone for everything you're doubting the legitimacy of. ... Of course, this is only if you want TT beys for cheap. Hasbro IS likely to be what most have, and is widely available compared to TT.