[Unanswered]  Do physical stores in the united states sell TT beys?

VERY curious if any brick and mortar crazy house sells a niche version of already niche toys.
i would think japan town in sanfran would be likely to have something like that but i have no clue.
if somebody in any given part of the states DID stock them would that be a worthwhile business venture?
as i type this it occours to me that there is a strong possibility of parents of children who only have hasbro beys and got stomped by a kid you sold say a rage longinus to coming in to complain that pawning off cheated beys lol.
anyways any info would be neat thanks!

i think i posted this in the wrong spot. sorrry. bey marketplace subforum i go
VERY curious if any brick and mortar crazy house sells a niche version of already niche toys.
i would think japan town in sanfran would be likely to have something like that but i have no clue.
if somebody in any given part of the states DID stock them would that be a worthwhile business venture?
as i type this it occours to me that there is a strong possibility of parents of children who only have hasbro beys and got stomped by a kid you sold say a rage longinus to coming in to complain that pawning off cheated beys lol.
I haven’t been able to find any at any of the hobby/collectors shops here in VA. I seem to recall shops having imports back in the plastic days, so it’s been disappointing.

I know there is one shop here in VA called Mishap Games who has hosted several WBO events in the past but I haven’t been able to determine from their website if they sell TT products and they don’t appear to have an online store.

I’ll post here if I find anything in the future.
There's usually hobby shops that sell Japanese stuff scattered around the USA. You could probably find one in NYC maybe, but I'm not sure. Also I vaguely remember seeing one online, I think in might be in Cali?
There may very well be places that import, in small amounts, TT beys. For example, I knew someone who could almost regularly get TT MFB beys from a shop in Vancouver in 2010/2011. But that area in general was heavily associated with, and populated by, Japanese diaspora.

So as far as making a business of it, it would have to be worth it for the store's bottom line. Given Hasbro is the distributor of all things Beyblade outside of Asia, a small hobby shop is likely not able to become a legitimate distributor of TT Beyblades, meaning they would be paying the same prices the rest of us do online, or a marginally reduced rate depending on how they are sourcing their goods, in this case I am assuming it would be in a wholesale-styled deal with a shop in Japan. With all that in mind, nobody would go about doing this unless there was a serious audience for it, and an audience willing to pay their marked up prices for goods. This baseline pricing includes the cost of buying wholesale, shipping, and then some form of profit that allows them to keep their lights on.

The question becomes, who wants to pay, say $25-30 for a Japanese RB at the brick and mortar store when they can score a better deal online anyway? Only enthusiasts like us would consider buying TT in the first place. And we are already by default looking for the best deals possible since we are at a disadvantage (geographically). People buying Hasbro do it because it is accessible and cheaper than buying abroad, and they just don't care that much about competitive viability. It wouldn't be easy to take some of that share away from Hasbro, even locally, because our community is so small and the cost is so high.
Appeasing competitive minded people or in general TT addicts would be difficult too. The hobby shop would have to stay on top of every new release, getting it within a day of official Japanese release to even consider taking people away from buying online. It isn't impossible, there are many services that could make that happen for the right price, but is there a big enough market there to justify the expenses? I'm not so sure.
I believe there’s a location in California that I heard about, I know that sells kamen rider toys but I’m not sure if they sell beyblades
Theres galactic toy that’s where I buy my beyblades.
(Jul. 04, 2021  12:52 AM)Mans Wrote: Theres galactic toy  that’s where I buy my beyblades.

Well it doesn't help anyone if you don't tell them where Galactic Toy is located.

I know that, at least in 2019, there was a store in Milford, Delaware, called Red Bandana, which sold some recent Beyblades. But I haven't seen them at tournaments in a while, they might've stopped blading.
(Jun. 09, 2021  8:50 AM)Dr. WeeWee Wrote: VERY curious if any brick and mortar crazy house sells a niche version of already niche toys.
as i type this it occours to me that there is a strong possibility of parents of children who only have hasbro beys and got stomped by a kid you sold say a rage longinus to coming in to complain that pawning off cheated beys lol.

There’s a store in Wallingford, CT that sells TT Beys. The store is called “This Toy Life”.
I don't think you posted this in the wrong spot since you're not looking for a seller more so you're just curious if there are. There are probably are a very VERY few amount of stores that sell legit Takara Tomy beys out in North America. There's no way they can keep the lights on with just Beyblade so they most likely would sell them with other stuff. On top of that with the import fees and already growing price of Takara beys, its probably hard to sell those here and make a profit due to them being way overpriced to make up for those costs compared to online stores. Online stores also have more of a reach. Mall Of Toys, BeysandBricks, and Florida Premier are all located in the USA but act more as a middle man instead of a direct line to Takara Tomy, hence why some of their pre orders take a hot minute to arrive. I also don't believe you can buy their items in person except at events. The only inkling of Takara stuff I've seen IRL are fakes floating around the Orlando Outlets.

TLDR: Yes there are most likely storefront sellers, but only a handful and they probably don't make enough Beyblade sales to keep the lights on forever.
Realistically; apart from the very few hobby shops that DO exist there isn't any major Big-Box-Store that sells them. However most Big-Box-Stores sell Hasbro in bulk. Realistically Target having the best. But if you're looking for TT I suggest looking at the Bey Marketplace Sub for a potential location. Just don't bet on anything TOO close.

Away from any actual locations; starting a business JUST around Beyblade isn't the best model to surround a market around. If you REALLY want to start one however, I'd suggest actively doing tournaments for Beyblade and selling many other physical games such as Bakugan, B-Daman (or Bottleman I Guess...), Warhammer, 40K, and a majority of the existing TCGs like Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and literally everything Bushiroad has ever touched. But stay reasonable when starting a business because these kinds of things are extreme life investments.

TLGrinR - Be smart and sell more than JUST Beyblades.
Someone merge this with https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Buying-...light=Sell