[Unanswered]  Can I use Spriggan requiem competitively still

(Apr. 15, 2020  8:06 AM)Kaiser138 Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2020  2:36 AM)Armor Wrote: Uh, Sr on Xt+ or Br is the only way Sr will have use in today's meta. The low weight is not easily compensated(I would not even say it compensates at all, as every other bey uses a heavy disc as well, meaning the gap remains the same). I'm not sure why you would recommend mobile stamina; Sr was never known for its high stamina, and mobile stamina combos are pretty much only a burst classic thing. The only time you'll see mobile stamina in Standard is pP.Ω.Vl' or Imperial on Sp'(Both layers are basically 30g, compared to Sr which is a whole 14 grams lighter.

I recommended mobile stamina because this is the type of combo I had the best luck with, and they are easily manageable for beginners or people that are just back on Beyblade.
Br and Xt+ are far from being the only options in the meta, I tend to use these parts less and less.

It's not that Bearing and Xt+ are the only options in the meta, it's that they're the only options that make Sr usable. Perhaps Sr isn't bad at mobile stamina, but even in its own respective meta, it never saw use like that. In that case, I wouldn't expect it to perform well in today's meta.
(Apr. 14, 2020  7:12 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Use Lord Or Cho Z. Most preferably lord

lord is more attack oriented but still a really good use for stamina combos
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:16 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2020  10:13 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: You can try Sr.Rt.Br and basically spin-equalize with light/soft launching

I would use St, Blitz, or 00Wall to make up for lost weight if using Bearing.

Sr's small circumference makes it highly viable mainly for spin-equalization, so pairing it up with Disks/Disk+Frame that are twice as heavy as the Layer, on Bearing, would make its Burst resistance nil unless you're using it in a tournament that allows direction-change prior to any round where you can easily set its direction opposite your opponent. Ratchet Disk makes its LAD and spin-equalization better than with 00/0Wall on Bearing, based on experience.

St/Bl on Bearing would mostly benefit Layers like pP or Lord Base, as even against same spin matches they would have great synergy and attack potential.

Since thread is about Sr, just to answer the question, it is no longer reliable/viable for current meta that includes GT, unless maybe if you're going for a 5-Bey deck with at least 3 Spriggan combos (lS and/or Sr Layer, czS Layer, LS Layer) that mainly focuses on spin-equalization and you have good combos that you don't really need to use Sr much in a tournament.
I had the same question as I recently got Requiem and it's one of my favorite beys right now.  I just got back into Beyblade after a break during the God system, so frankly I've missed quite a bit. But I also wanted to know if sR is still viable in today's metagame.

From what I've gathered, the general consensus is that compared to Cho-Z and GT beys, it's too light to remain competitive unless you're going for a Spin-equalizer. However, I've been trying out some tests of my own against my top-tier Hell Salamander combo (4B.At.) and sR has held its own pretty well using 0 Star Orbit, even bursting hS a few times. From what I've experienced, Orbit seems to bolster the Burst resistance of Requiem's already decent teeth. I personally don't like using Bearing on it as I prefer higher Burst resistance over spin equalization, but that's just me. That being said, I wouldn't use sR in a tournament where everyone is using the same GT bases.
I think it is outclassed by cho-z spriggan. Period.

For Hasbro,  that is true as tests showed. I guess for TT the same.
(Apr. 17, 2020  11:19 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: I think it is outclassed by cho-z spriggan. Period.

For Hasbro,  that is true as tests showed. I guess for TT the same.

Well yes, but I don't see how this helps the op, considering he probably wouldn't ask if he already had something better.
Its competive in Burst Limeted
(Jul. 18, 2020  8:24 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Its competive in Burst Limeted
No its not, its banned.
(Jul. 18, 2020  8:26 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  8:24 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Its competive in Burst Limeted
No its not, its banned.

Wait really
I used Spryzen Requiem S3 0 bearing in my first tournament, which was back in September 2019, so everyone had Lord Spriggan. I had relatively good success (for a god layer in mid to late GT) with 3 wins and 3 losses. sR is still not recommended for tournaments now days.
(Jul. 18, 2020  8:30 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  8:26 PM)g2_ Wrote: No its not, its banned.

Wait really
Yes.
Folks, please don't flag a post for being wrong. Just tell them they're wrong. You don't need to summon a moderator everytime someone is wrong, you just need to correct them.