UK Summer Smash! (Saturday July 4th)

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: summersmash.jpg]

Specific info for those that get confused easily:

When: July 4th, midday till whenever people need to leave by.

Where: Regent's Park in Central London. Meet at the Ready Money Drinking Fountain because it's easy to find but shouldn't be majorly crowded. From there we can scout out a nice spot to battle.
Map of Regent's Park: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/park_m...ts_map.pdf

What: Was supposed to be more of a meet and greet thing, but seeing as it looks like a load of people will turn up, we're having a MFB format tourney. Most likely BRR. There won't be any prizes though, just Faces and, uh, glory and respect and such. >.>

Either bring a packed lunch or some money for one of the cafés near by. We'll probably get some drinks later on (hopefully it'll be a nice hot day). Maybe even ice-cream. Eee

Assuming this doesn't get cancelled or postponed, I'll put up my number closer to the time. I can also put up instructions, travel help, etc, if necessary.

I don't think anything else needs to be said. Questions can be posted here or asked in PMs. I know it's near impossible for the UK lot but it'd be nice if we could keep the meaningless chatter in this thread to a minimum? Please? :X

Thanks for the awesome graphics theflightyellz!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the passport/charge rules are coming into affect immediately. This means that if you want to compete then you will have to pay a charge. For us UK bladers it's only £3 so I think you can manage. Alternatively, you could purchase a Blader Passport. You can buy them online beforehand or at the event if you're not sure how much you'll use it, etc. If for some reason you have major issues with this then hit me up a PM. :3

Also, there will be some sort of penalty if you say you turn up and then don't so don't risk it okay? If you're in the 'definites' list and you're not sure if you can come, change to the 'possibles'.

For those of you who wish to buy beyblades at the event, please see this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
Also this post specifically if you wish to buy direct from theintoy at the event (yes that means MFB): http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...#pid163192

Attendance List
Definites:
♥
Agitation
BeyUK-Espio
Blitz
cutewolfsam
Driger
Kappa
kinomiya
kyrptonlight
LeeDraciel
Megablader
MrMime
Rocky
Sora
Starwulfen
theflightyellz

(16)

Possibles:
avalerion
Borchaud94
castleraider
Chaz27
Dranzer phoenix
JAPANDA
kenny
KidTala - KT
NeekAlert
Nikku
overlord
Pikachao
revertedtozero
seamusb109
Stone
Towel Terror
tyson x 09
Zander Soulwind
Zero328
Zero360
Drigers cousins
Kappas siblings
Zanders friend

(25+)
(41+) (haha, no way will we actually get 41 XD)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Are you coming?

Yes, definitely.
27.12%
I'd like to but I'm not sure yet.
40.68%
Not this time, maybe next time.
18.64%
Nope, never.
13.56%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
Sam Tired Post above you *points up*
will anyone be selling blader passports ?
(Jun. 13, 2009  11:18 AM)Sora Wrote: will anyone be selling blader passports ?

The committee. So you can buy one through Rocky, if you don't get one online.
(Jun. 13, 2009  11:18 AM)Sora Wrote: will anyone be selling blader passports ?

Yes it will be rocky selling the passports, and they will cost 6.00.
OK, I want to be some help so I will help for Beypoints. Those that wish to do free battles for beypoints can come to me and I will watch the battle and write down who won and who lost. Of course you don't have to have to do beypoint battles, that is up to you, this is for those you wish to. Also, make sure you have a bey point account open otherwise your points will just count as free battles.

Of course, I will only help if I am needed so tell me otherwise. Smile
(Jun. 13, 2009  2:14 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Yes it will be rocky selling the passports, and they will cost 6.00.

*Points up*

Sam Aqua posted the answer 3 hours before you. :p
Just to let you know I'll def be able to come now, booked the day off work as holiday. Even though I would of come even if the said I couldn't have the day off... shows how committed I am to my work >.>
Shows how committed you are to beyblade at least Smile
thanks and also will anyone be selling storm pegasis and dark wolf pm me if you're going to sell thanks
(Jun. 14, 2009  11:14 PM)Blitz Wrote: Just to let you know I'll def be able to come now, booked the day off work as holiday. Even though I would of come even if the said I couldn't have the day off... shows how committed I am to my work >.>

That's good news but that wouldn't have been a good idea since you at least have a job, wouldn't be very good if you lost it because of something like that.
(Jun. 15, 2009  1:37 PM)Sora Wrote: thanks and also will anyone be selling storm pegasis and dark wolf pm me if you're going to sell thanks
Seriously people, stop asking this Tired
Ask in the thread that's set up to avoid this thread getting filled with "Who's selling this, I want this, can anyone bring this and this to sell?"
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
rocky could i by a mbf and a plastic one of you at the tourny
Ok this is really getting old now. We have a thread that deals with this. This is not the thread to ask about buying MFB at the even.

Please people; stop asking if you can buy MFB at the event.
Just to let everybody know, for those that aren't aware. If your going to the Summer Smash and want to buy unboxed MFB then please PM me. I have looked through the entire thread, only Blitz is selling MFB.

I'm taking orders from theINtoy. I have made a rather large post with all that I will be able to sell. Please take a look and PM me. Check my post here: Summer Smash INtoy Sales List.
Before I forget, a proposal ~

Would it be a good idea to arrange some sort of group YJA/MOJ order something at the event? As in, compile a list of what people want and whatnot and get it ordered. I've seen the idea being thrown around in other areas of the world, and seeing as most of the members attending the event live relatively locally (as a generalisation, of course).

Not sure, of course. Need to check practicality and other issues.

Also, while I realise this seems to completely undermine Theintoy, it's not intentionally designed to; just opening opportunities up to people who may not have easy access to such facilities.

I would recommend Theintoy meanwhile, if you're looking for your stuff to arrive quickly; various complications with MOJ mean that you could be waiting for a while.
We've considered stuff like that but its not really possible at the moment. Maybe for the next event.
I can bring some beyblades if anyone wants send pm

Dragoon v
Draciel v
Salamander
Metal driger
Draciel f
Dranzer f
Dranzer v
You already posted this over in the Anyone Selling At Summersmash thread, where it was meant to be, why post it again here?
People have been told that if they want to buy any blades at the event, they're to check the thread, this was just unnecessary..
i only have classic plastic beyblades i love vintage beyblades but can any one bring one of the new metal ones i could possibly buy or some thing
(Jun. 21, 2009  12:09 PM)overlord Wrote: i only have classic plastic beyblades i love vintage beyblades but can any one bring one of the new metal ones i could possibly buy or some thing

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
(Jun. 21, 2009  12:09 PM)overlord Wrote: i only have classic plastic beyblades i love vintage beyblades but can any one bring one of the new metal ones i could possibly buy or some thing

Espio and Blitz will have loads that I am sure they will let you borrow and if you have the money then you might even be able to buy one on the day. Smile

Edit: To those that have asked about buy/selling, please stop asking since it has been said loads of times in this thread already and the link has also been posted.

Edit 2: How about putting the link in the OP and putting in bold 'Please ask about selling/buying here', it might help a little.
(Jun. 21, 2009  12:13 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Edit 2: How about putting the link in the OP and putting in bold 'Please ask about selling/buying here', it might help a little.

This is actually a good idea, should've done it before. ^^;

Also, I want people to take the Entrance Fee/Blader Passport thing very seriously......it would be a shame for this not to be able to go ahead because some people can't manage a few £s....I don't get angry much (I don't think) but if people ignore this and expect to play without paying, I'll be quite angry/upset. Unhappy We need this money to keep the WBO awesome. :X Hell, bring any spare change you have lying around even. This would also be a good chance to donate~ Grin
Remember, $10 = £6. You can get a face for £6. Grin
I haven't posted here in a while, I'm still coming!!! ;p

So BRR stands for Block Round Robin, right? :\
Yes it BRR does mean Block Round Robin.
Ok, Thanks for clearing that up Sam. I'm gonna battle you this time, i'll try to stop being shy Eee