UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

(Dec. 27, 2008  9:06 PM)Giga Wrote:
Quote:i like hannah montana XD

OH MY GOD.

xD lol nice....Joyful_2
my mom isn't letting me open my hard earned Shared Meteo L-Drago and Gravity Perseus Shared Ultimate REshuffle sets n(Shared with my bro) and my Screw Capricorne with Meteo L-Drago starter becuse school isn't out yet Crying if she deems my grades worthy i can play with them after school for summer
(Jun. 12, 2011  2:51 AM)BillyBlast Wrote: my mom isn't letting me open my hard earned Shared Meteo L-Drago and Gravity Perseus Shared Ultimate REshuffle sets n(Shared with my bro) and my Screw Capricorne with Meteo L-Drago starter becuse school isn't out yet Crying if she deems my grades worthy i can play with them after school for summer

OK, I admit I like being out of school. I think my parents would have done that to me too if I wasn’t already out of school when Beyblade came out again. Their rules instead was I was not aloud to draw till I graduated.........thus you can say I do know your pain! hope you get good grades LOL
(Jun. 12, 2011  2:51 AM)BillyBlast Wrote: my mom isn't letting me open my hard earned Shared Meteo L-Drago and Gravity Perseus Shared Ultimate REshuffle sets n(Shared with my bro) and my Screw Capricorne with Meteo L-Drago starter becuse school isn't out yet Crying if she deems my grades worthy i can play with them after school for summer

Sucker. I couldn't do anything unless I finished with a 3.00 GPA or higher, but school ended last Friday, and I've got me a 3.45. (Charter Schools are so awesome... unless you count the 8-hour days. 9 1/2 if you include afterschool) But I do feel your pain. I come home, look at my BB-10, then go to sleep.
(Jun. 12, 2011  4:04 AM)Megablader9 Wrote:

Sucker. I couldn't do anything unless I finished with a 3.00 GPA or higher, but school ended last Friday, and I've got me a 3.45. (Charter Schools are so awesome... unless you count the 8-hour days. 9 1/2 if you include afterschool) But I do feel your pain. I come home, look at my BB-10, then go to sleep.

then you are still lucky..i got 3.59 GPA..but my parents still wont let me buy beyblades..
Are you done with school yet? If you are, your parents must be REALLY biased against anything Hasbro.
Yes they're obviously biased against a company and not the fact that he plays with some marketed at under 10s.....
(Dec. 27, 2008  5:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: ask them if they'd rather your hobby was chugging cough syrup and taking meth

Hahaha. Comedic truth is a way to do it. Think about me for a moment. Say you could be me, sitting in my corner with the computer, drawing demented pictures like evil clowns and tortured children, laughing out loud the whole time. Everyone is staring, wondering why, except for my friends, who experience and understand (sort of) my inner evil, and laugh along. And also my traits, you could be outside beating up the neighbors IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN MOTHERS. MAKING THEM CRY IN FRONT OF THEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
(Jun. 12, 2011  9:42 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Yes they're obviously biased against a company and not the fact that he plays with some marketed at under 10s.....

Same difference. Hasbro=Under 10s. They're the same thing, so yeah, they're biased against the fact that it has the Hasbro tag on it. Remember, it is marketed by Hasbro, so they're biased against the marketing of HASBRO. So yeah, Hasbro.
I really doubt they care about the brand at all.... It's probably just the large amount in one go. So clearly not brand is it...
I'm 14 going on 15 in October. My parents don't mind my hobby of beyblading, but they always say it's for kids. I try to explain to them that not just kids play it and that the WBO has tournaments in which people like 21 years old are hosting. And they not just host it, they play and enjoy it! I recall one of the members saying he was like 26 and plays with his son. That's my point exactly. I see nothing wrong with that; I'll be the same way when I'm that age! (I hope Pinching_eyes_2)
(Dec. 27, 2008  3:34 AM)Mankster Wrote: Are you a person that likes beyblades, but your parents think they're for little kids and don't want you to use them? I am.

My younger sister goes to my dad "Oh oh, guess what Mark got from eBay? BEYBLADES" and then she pissed herself laughing. Dad replies with "You're joking.. they're rubbish toys." And then mum starts laughing.

God. This angers me SOOO MUCH. I'm allowed to do what I want and no one should have to criticize me for it. My sister is embarrassed about liking Hannah Montana and tells me not to tell anyone, but she goes and laughs at me for liking Beyblades. >____>

Anyone else feel this?

I feel so sorry for you.
Seriously. They should respect you. Just use your family's darkest secret to use against them. XD

Well, onto topic.
Whenever i ask my mom or dad for a beyblade, they just say-
"you have a lot already..."
Eventually, i get my blades Grin
My parents are on different ends when it comes to beyblades. My mum thinks that it doesn't matter what i like (Though she was surprised when i bought a $17.00 meteo l drago off eBay) and my sister doesn't care what so ever but my dad always says their girly and 13 year olds are too old for them but i do wonder about the logic of those statements seeing I'm barely a teen and its not like beys are created with one sex in mind. In fact the only bey that is even remotely girly is Virgo. Urggh any ideas on how to counter his arguments?
(Jun. 18, 2011  3:53 AM)Clarkie Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2008  3:34 AM)Mankster Wrote: Are you a person that likes beyblades, but your parents think they're for little kids and don't want you to use them? I am.

My younger sister goes to my dad "Oh oh, guess what Mark got from eBay? BEYBLADES" and then she pissed herself laughing. Dad replies with "You're joking.. they're rubbish toys." And then mum starts laughing.

God. This angers me SOOO MUCH. I'm allowed to do what I want and no one should have to criticize me for it. My sister is embarrassed about liking Hannah Montana and tells me not to tell anyone, but she goes and laughs at me for liking Beyblades. >____>

Anyone else feel this?

I feel so sorry for you.
Seriously. They should respect you. Just use your family's darkest secret to use against them. XD

Well, onto topic.

That's my mom also, but the only differences are:

1) She says that I've already gotten the full experience of beyblades already(epic fail) despite the fact that I don't even have a single TT bey, and I don't even have all the Hasbro beys
2)I DON'T always get mah beys.
(Jun. 18, 2011  8:54 PM)toatanu Wrote:

Anyone else feel this?

I feel so sorry for you.

Well, onto topic.

1) She says that I've already gotten the full experience of beyblades already(epic fail) despite the fact that I don't even have a single TT bey, and I don't even have all the Hasbro beys

Well, I forgot to add I get them like later on. Works like this:

Me:Mom, can i get this beyblade?
Mom: you have to many Tired

*Week later*
Mom:*Buys beyblade*
Me: YEWASH
I disagree with the having full experience part, since you never obtained a TT or SK beyblade (no offence really) And yeah you can get full experience, but that doesnt mean someone else can end it.
(Jun. 18, 2011  7:47 PM)ReconNinja95 Wrote: My parents are on different ends when it comes to beyblades. My mum thinks that it doesn't matter what i like (Though she was surprised when i bought a $17.00 meteo l drago off eBay) and my sister doesn't care what so ever but my dad always says their girly and 13 year olds are too old for them but i do wonder about the logic of those statements seeing I'm barely a teen and its not like beys are created with one sex in mind. In fact the only bey that is even remotely girly is Virgo. Urggh any ideas on how to counter his arguments?

Well, you could shove a Hell kerbecs or Meteo Ldrago Box Or a blade thats looks violent-ish in your dads face and say:
"DOES THIS LOOK GIRLEH TO YEH?"
Could possibly work...
At the start my dad would make fun of me and then he saw how passionate and strong I was that now he sort of supports it. My baby sister is really annoying, she always messes up my beys.
Some kid's parents were like that, until he got drill by a bey that got knock out of the stadium (over the walls no less). after seeing the skill and science involved to creating a strong bey and creating special shots for said beys, my parents actually saw educational value in me working with different parts.
@above:My mom sees the edu value involved, my dad just says it distracts from school and wastes money. Both your parents... That would be somewhat nicer that hearing my parents arguing about BEYBLADES...

(Jun. 18, 2011  10:52 PM)Clarkie Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2011  8:54 PM)toatanu Wrote:

Anyone else feel this?

I feel so sorry for you.

Well, onto topic.

Well, I forgot to add I get them like later on. Works like this:

Me:Mom, can i get this beyblade?
Mom: you have to many Tired

*Week later*
Mom:*Buys beyblade*
Me: YEWASH
I disagree with the having full experience part, since you never obtained a TT or SK beyblade (no offence really) And yeah you can get full experience, but that doesnt mean someone else can end it.
That's why I wrote "(epic fail)" in front of that.
parents quickly change their minds when they get owned by a spinning top
my mom got a lot more supportive after a plastic generation clip shot off and left a golfball sized mark. Infact, after I got more control over the beyblade that did that, she started to give me a little money that I could get better parts with.
I'm thirteen, my family is supportive, thankfully. Mostly because me and my uncle go to tourneys and kick carp. We really know what we're talking about and treat it as an adult hobby. Not most of my friends know, but then again I have ways of explaining it to people to make it seem less child-like, Hence, I know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to the mechanics of beyblade. But, its not like all I do is beyblade. I play basketball every morning at my local recreation centre(And yes, I'm beast!), and I play ps3, ect. So beyblade's don't put me aside from other teenagers. I really play beyblade when my uncle is over or when I'm testing. I pretty much chill listen to music all day.(Eminem, Mann, Waka Flaka, Linken Park, ect.) I feel bad for the people that have parents that don't support. But on the wbo, you shouldn't have to worry about other peoples opinions on your hobby.
This all depends on how old you are, like if your 16 or something then its pretty wierd to be playing beyblade and if your 5 then thats not the right age aswell
This all depends on how old you are, like if your 16 or something then its pretty wierd to be playing beyblade and if your 5 then thats not the right age aswell
My parents are cool with it. My dad says "If you have the money for it, I'll order it for you." If i order one off-line, and doesn't really say anything about it. My mom doesn't like when I buy them at all, but she is kinda seeing my side, and notices how much I enjoy them; so her view is kinda changing. She also sees the customization as "cool and interesting." She used to say how much of them I had, and I'd need more, but then I explained that...
More Beys= more parts= more customization=more fun and exciting battles=more fun I have = me Smile

I have to say, my parents aren't supportive, but not unsupportive, either. They're pretty much neutral.
For those you use physics in planing for beybattle, any age is fine. It's all about find in combination that fits you and a strategy that fits you as well