UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

(Jun. 02, 2011  5:11 PM)Hytyjin Wrote: mine is much worse MY parents play with me (theres no other bladers in my town)Unhappy

That's a good thing. Your parents actually RESPECT your hobby.

I have A-holes for classmates. Of course, I'm part of the WBO group on Facebook. Somehow, they found this particular bit of info on my profile and started BULLYING me about it. Not teasing; BULLYING.
(Jun. 03, 2011  12:17 AM)INFINITYDRANZER Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2008  3:34 AM)Mankster Wrote: Are you a person that likes beyblades, but your parents think they're for little kids and don't want you to use them? I am.

My younger sister goes to my dad "Oh oh, guess what Mark got from eBay? BEYBLADES" and then she pissed herself laughing. Dad replies with "You're joking.. they're rubbish toys." And then mum starts laughing.

God. This angers me SOOO MUCH. I'm allowed to do what I want and no one should have to criticize me for it. My sister is embarrassed about liking Hannah Montana and tells me not to tell anyone, but she goes and laughs at me for liking Beyblades. >____>

Anyone else feel this?
My mum thinks they are pretty stupid, but my brother likes them like me.I can tell my dad doesn't REALLY like them and that I should buy more WORTHWHILE things but he dosn't really say anything...
All the people at school are like: Beyblade beyblade, let it rip, beyblade beyblade suck my ****! And it REALLY annoys me...Angry I wish people would stop looking at the anime and saying this is g*y and I admit the show is pretty corny but I am not interested in the show i'm interested in the actual game!!! It actually involves srategy which nobody at my school really thinks at all!!! Its so annoying...
(May. 28, 2011  6:19 PM)darkwolf1 Wrote: You could always throw some science into it. stuff like 'down force', 'friction', and any other bit of physics class you can relate to beyblades and the parts. (seemed to help me out with battle at high school, so this should work on parents) also, show how big this place has gotten, especially the tournament list right now XD
I did this because if you think about it there is nearly no chance but physics that make you a good blader...Seriously! Every single metal wheel, track, bottom all have their various physics!!! Its what makes beyblade fun!

If there singing the theme song xD ask them how they know it . thats what i would do in my school there popular and people lie about having them to be "cool" but really i could care less bout them people i cares about u guys <3 xD nah my parents are ok that i play beyblade there just glad i FINNALY got a hobby ( like really i didnt really do anything) so if they have the time they play with me . my step dad played with me and lanuched the ripper to hard and it flew out the statdium and and landed on the couch I belive i had a Lighting L drago that belived it was earth eagle.My parents crack jokes here and there mostly stuff like Bey what?
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:18 AM)FierceDragon45 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2011  5:11 PM)Hytyjin Wrote: mine is much worse MY parents play with me (theres no other bladers in my town)Unhappy

That's a good thing. Your parents actually RESPECT your hobby.

I have A-holes for classmates. Of course, I'm part of the WBO group on Facebook. Somehow, they found this particular bit of info on my profile and started BULLYING me about it. Not teasing; BULLYING.

Y'mean, like, insulting bullying, or...beating-you-up-and-screwing-up-your-beyblades bullying?
ma parents dun really care, when i buy blades they dun know about it otherwise my mom will go crazy and screaming, "you have enough and all that carp." i have 9. =.="
(Jun. 03, 2011  3:07 AM)FierceDragon45 Wrote: The insulting kind.

it's hard when some of the friends do not appreciate your hobby. they're not a true friend.
Shooot! when i was younger growing up we didn't have very much so my siblings and i use are imagination for EVERYTHING! like one day i grab my dads belt and rolled it up and put tooth picks that was used last night at the Chinese Restaurant and put them in the holes and pretended the belt was a tank, and when drives up to a cliff or a large dip it just rolls out to become a bridge and then rolls back into a tank. lol so those were my toys. Besides My BIG Voltron Lion and Big Voltron cars that i couldn't touch cuzz it will break if i touch it! Grrr!

But enough from my past LOL, In just one month, in the month of April alone i bought over 30 bey blades and Stadiums. My kids and I plays with them everyday. So i have an idea and threw out all there other toys because there all in pieces or they just don't play with them. And now my kidz's room is nice and clean with BEYBLADE toys all over there DAMN ROOM!!! Grrr!
(Jun. 03, 2011  4:25 AM)DaWRETCHED-one Wrote: Shooot! when i was younger growing up we didn't have very much so my siblings and i use are imagination for EVERYTHING! like one day i grab my dads belt and rolled it up and put tooth picks that was used last night at the Chinese Restaurant and put them in the holes and pretended the belt was a tank, and when drives up to a cliff or a large dip it just rolls out to become a bridge and then rolls back into a tank. lol so those were my toys. Besides My BIG Voltron Lion and Big Voltron cars that i couldn't touch cuzz it will break if i touch it! Grrr!

But enough from my past LOL, In just one month, in the month of April alone i bought over 30 bey blades and Stadiums. My kids and I plays with them everyday. So i have an idea and threw out all there other toys because there all in pieces or they just don't play with them. And now my kidz's room is nice and clean with BEYBLADE toys all over there DAMN ROOM!!! Grrr!

wow, i hope that my parents are like you. coz all i know is that if they saw me holding a beyblade they will say this "you're all grown up. you should try to act like one. by playing that ridiculous thing doesn't make you a grown up. it just make you an adult with ridiculously childish attitude.."

that is what they say...Chocked_2
I've been immature all my life and, for whatever reason, my parents respect my decision to stay that way. I have no problems with this.
(Jun. 03, 2011  6:29 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I've been immature all my life and, for whatever reason, my parents respect my decision to stay that way. I have no problems with this.

uhhh you want to stay immature ?Unhappy? that will really help you the rest of your life Speechless
A lot of people are talking about bullying here.... which I don't really believe exists.

Stop being weak and stand up for yourself. Stop whining and moaning to other people because you cannot get a grip on yourself.
(Jun. 02, 2011  5:22 PM)Hytyjin Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2011  5:16 PM)peace Wrote:

that is the best thing ever because your parents understands you.XD
yeah but id still like a challenge

well, if u want a challenge, try the outside world, it is where all the challenge begin...when you lives with your parents you're not feeling the thrill of living alone, making your own money, pay rents and something like that....Eee
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:22 PM)Destitute #1 Wrote: A lot of people are talking about bullying here.... which I don't really believe exists.

Stop being weak and stand up for yourself. Stop whining and moaning to other people because you cannot get a grip on yourself.

Read the title more carefully..And basically they are not being bullied or such by other people!!!Parents just don't seem to appreciate this "hobby" of ours...None of us is being bullied..So are we supposed to stand up against our parents???After all we owe them everything..They are only telling "what is right for us"..And maybe we might not understand it now..But we sure will later on!!!
Quote:That's a good thing. Your parents actually RESPECT your hobby.

Quote:Read the title more carefully..And basically they are not being bullied or such by other people!!!Parents just don't seem to appreciate this "hobby" of ours...None of us is being bullied..So are we supposed to stand up against our parents???After all we owe them everything..They are only telling "what is right for us"..And maybe we might not understand it now..But we sure will later on!!!

Someone said something about parents earlier in the thread, I can't remember what but if you're interested you can look through the earlier pages.

If you're any kind of person you should have common sense and a clear idea of right and wrong. You should be able to be independent and not the dog that is trained by its masters.
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:31 PM)Destitute #1 Wrote: Someone said something about parents earlier in the thread, I can't remember what but if you're interested you can look through the earlier pages.

If you're any kind of person you should have common sense and a clear idea of right and wrong. You should be able to be independent and not the dog that is trained by its masters.

You are getting the wrong idea...You see I'm 15...Hence I have no job and stuff to make money for buying beys..So what do you do???You ask your parents...I was only referring to this....And yes i do have common sense that's why I'm asking them money for buying beys..That's all I was trying to imply...
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:31 PM)Destitute #1 Wrote: Someone said something about parents earlier in the thread, I can't remember what but if you're interested you can look through the earlier pages.

you've got the wrong idea and frankly i don't really like the terms you're using that 'the dog that is trained by its masters'. you see, we're all here talked about why our parents don't want us to play with bey. some of us asked money from the parents to buy beys and parts. even some of people here are not eligible to work yet. what do you expect from a kid? get a job? so that they can buy beys? at my age, yes, i do use my own money to buy beys but my parents still dislike that i bought beys using my own money, they said it's childish.

literally i think you meant that us try to be independent. well if the parents dislike us to buy beys we can't just say.."this is my money, i can do what ever i want with it"..it is rude.. uncivilized people only do this sort of things...there is manners and ethics that should be follow. basically we are not dogs but we are people that have ethics to follow, custom to respect and parents to obey...
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:49 AM)tman14 Wrote: uhhh you want to stay immature ?Unhappy? that will really help you the rest of your life Speechless

Obviously, it has it's drawbacks but acting all grown up is only going to burden me with political worries that aren't my own and a sense of guilt towards my childish hobbies. I think it's better this way.
(Jun. 04, 2011  8:01 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:49 AM)tman14 Wrote: uhhh you want to stay immature ?Unhappy? that will really help you the rest of your life Speechless

Obviously, it has it's drawbacks but acting all grown up is only going to burden me with political worries that aren't my own and a sense of guilt towards my childish hobbies. I think it's better this way.

I for one don't find Beyblade to be childish at all. Perhaps the name and the marketing techniques make it seem childish but it requires strategy as well. I'm sure many people think its an all-luck game, but that is seriously not the case. It's all about the way you shoot, the combo you use, etc.. If beyblade is childish then why aren't sports like baseball, football, basketball childish as well?
Neither do I find beyblade childish..actually it can help to understand the action of spinning bodies to an extent..hey I can use it as my next physics project Smile ... so u see it isn't really that childish
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:22 PM)Destitute #1 Wrote: A lot of people are talking about bullying here.... which I don't really believe exists.

Let me get this straight... If I weighed 220, could lift 400, and could give you a concussion with a well-placed elbow to the head (Many people can), you would "Stand Up" to me? Wow. That's not "brave". That's called stupidity. I bet if I bullied YOU you wouldn't say these things. I've been bullied before, and let me tell you, there's really not a very efficient way out of it besides running for your life. Quit being a condescending know-it-all, and BE SUPPORTIVE! Y'know, like normal members of society? Get beat up and insulted by a dude five years older than you, come back, and tell me there is no such thing as "bullying." God, I hate comments like this. Just...Do some research. Don't make light of things that people have TAKEN THEIR OWN LIVES over. Man, ignorant people.
Rant. Is. Over.

Sadly, my parents are much like many of yours, closed-minded, but really don't care as long as I maintain a 3.7 GPA (Very hard in a Charter School) and continue playing sports.
Me im 16 and heck my parents could care less what my hobby is as long as its not, you know, like drugs or anything, so i play beyblades with my little bro on acasion and sometime s go to tournaments. but my parent do have the complaint that i chouldent keep a bey on the dash of my car, because they think its childish, but, i keep it there anyways. LOL
(Jun. 05, 2011  5:03 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: I for one don't find Beyblade to be childish at all. Perhaps the name and the marketing techniques make it seem childish but it requires strategy as well. I'm sure many people think its an all-luck game, but that is seriously not the case. It's all about the way you shoot, the combo you use, etc.. If beyblade is childish then why aren't sports like baseball, football, basketball childish as well?

Sports aren't considered childish?

And yeah, you have a point. I always understood that beyblading was more about understanding than luck. To be honest, there's very little actual luck involved, only a whole load of tiny factors that cannot realistically be controlled and a few more major ones which most definitely can.
Such as Hasbro not releasing certain stadiums? To be fair, there is quite a bit of guesswork involved in the first few rounds of tournament play. You could call that luck, but that's really the extent of it. The only major luck factor left is, well, Virgo. (Mold differences)
Trust me this is my life, being 21 its hard, my parents don’t quite understand anything besides the fact iv been blading for the past 8-9 years so they practically given up on trying to get me to grow up.

When trying to describe I Beyblade to some one my age its almost impossible! they think "kids game" and i think, "game of life!" to me there’s far more than just fighting tops. there’s something much, much more important than that. yet there’s nothing I can do about it.

When i get something in the mail my parents always ask me the question........dose this go in your room or in the freezer? they cant tell the difference from work and play. that and I’m waiting to pull a Beyblade out of the freezer.......OH I DID GET IT IN THE MAIL! lol
I live with my roomate, so i don't have to worry about my parents.