WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Grip Sharp Core

Concept: Defense

Second combo:
AR: Advance Attacker (Smash)
RC: Flat Core

Concept: Smash Attack

I haven't tested either of these, and I'm not too sure about the WD on the second combo. I used only parts that I have right now.

Strata Dragoon MS
Wolborg MS
Death Gargoyle MS
Advance Guardian
Advance Averazer
Advance Striker
Dark Leopard MS
Samurai Changer
Bearing Survivor
Phantom Fox MS

This may change soon if I get Mystikal's parts, but for now this is what I have. Any suggestions?
Number two is just a downgraded Advance Striker. Metal Flat is FAR more effective. Smile
Is Circle Upper not... DEMS? If so why put something that wide on a tip that sharp... with a smaller WD... I mean it's a wobbler sure, but umm defense it ain't...
How does Grip Sharp compare to BC2 in terms of defense/survival? I don't have it, but I doubt it's better. I guess it's ok as a replacement though. I'd go with Samurai Upper instead for more weight and overall smoothness compared to Circle Upper (which is more aggressive in shape, especialy in left spin). Also use like CWD Defense Ring or Reverse Defenser.
I think this might be a bit too heavy for Grip Sharp though, but it works good for BC2.

For the attacker, yeah, Flat Core is outclassed by both Metal Flat and the Grip Flat ones. No point in using it if you have those available.
There're also better AR choices for smash, like Jiraiya Blade, Seagon Attacker, left spin Circle Upper, etc. I think even Advance Eterner's AR has better smash from it's spikes.
Alice Wrote:Number two is just a downgraded Advance Striker. Metal Flat is FAR more effective. Smile
Oh, is it really? Ook Lips_sealed
Ozuma Wrote:Is Circle Upper not... DEMS? If so why put something that wide on a tip that sharp... with a smaller WD... I mean it's a wobbler sure, but umm defense it ain't...
Circle Upper is from DEMS, in left spin it has good defense (probably should have posted about that). Is there a better choice for WD? I don't know that much about HMS WD's.
King of Darkness Wrote:How does Grip Sharp compare to BC2 in terms of defense/survival? I don't have it, but I doubt it's better. I guess it's ok as a replacement though. I'd go with Samurai Upper instead for more weight and overall smoothness compared to Circle Upper (which is more aggressive in shape, especialy in left spin). Also use like CWD Defense Ring or Reverse Defenser.
I think this might be a bit too heavy for Grip Sharp though, but it works good for BC2.

For the attacker, yeah, Flat Core is outclassed by both Metal Flat and the Grip Flat ones. No point in using it if you have those available.
There're also better AR choices for smash, like Jiraiya Blade, Seagon Attacker, left spin Circle Upper, etc. I think even Advance Eterner's AR has better smash from it's spikes.
I'm not sure about that comparison, but I do know that Grip Sharp Core has good defense capabilities. Also, I don't have CWD Defense Ring, whats Reverse Defenser?

Alright, scrap the second combo for now lol
I wouldn't put all that weight on grip sharp core personally.
SexyMichael Wrote:I wouldn't put all that weight on grip sharp core personally.

I would. I just wouldn't put it all out spread like that. You'd be far better with Magical Ape MS AR, but you don't have it.
Kei Wrote:I'm not sure about that comparison, but I do know that Grip Sharp Core has good defense capabilities. Also, I don't have CWD Defense Ring, whats Reverse Defenser?

Alright, scrap the second combo for now lol
Reverse Defenser is from DZMF. You can stick with Circle Heavy for now though.

And, does Circle Upper really work for you in left spin for defensive purposes? I always found it to have good smash potencial in left, but I guess it depends on height. I'd still go with Samurai Upper though, since it's more defensive and heavier.
King of Darkness Wrote:Reverse Defenser is from DZMF. You can stick with Circle Heavy for now though.

And, does Circle Upper really work for you in left spin for defensive purposes? I always found it to have good smash potencial in left, but I guess it depends on height. I'd still go with Samurai Upper though, since it's more defensive and heavier.

Oh, alright then.

As I said in my first post, I haven't tested either of the combos. They're just based off of knowledge I've gained by reading. I was looking through the Damashii archive and it says that Circle Upper in left spin has very good defense in left spin. Isn't Samurai Upper the same weight as Circle Upper? I could be mistaken, but I think they are.
King of Darkness Wrote:How does Grip Sharp compare to BC2 in terms of defense/survival?

It can't compare. The only advantages that I can see it having is that BC2 can still "roll" out when hit when tilted, and has slightly higher spin rate (I'm not too sure on this).

Oh, and BC2 can sometimes go into attack mode when it's slightly worn down.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:How does Grip Sharp compare to BC2 in terms of defense/survival?

It can't compare. The only advantages that I can see it having is that BC2 can still "roll" out when hit when tilted, and has slightly higher spin rate (I'm not too sure on this).

Oh, and BC2 can sometimes go into attack mode when it's slightly worn down.
It's probably got more defense Grip sharp. But only against like all out attackers (Dragoon's RC) and then it has enough survival to last out what's left of the attacker. Otherwise yeah BC2 all the way.
Kei Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:Reverse Defenser is from DZMF. You can stick with Circle Heavy for now though.

Oh, alright then.

As I said in my first post, I haven't tested either of the combos. They're just based off of knowledge I've gained by reading. I was looking through the Damashii archive and it says that Circle Upper in left spin has very good defense in left spin. Isn't Samurai Upper the same weight as Circle Upper? I could be mistaken, but I think they are.

Circle Upper is 20g while Samurai Upper is 22g.
I remember trying the old Circle Upper/Circle Wide/BC combo and recoil always seemed to kill it, especialy when used in left spin. I guess it shouldn't be as bad here given all the weight and sturdyness of the combo.
So you're suggesting that I change the combo to

AR: Samurai Upper
RC: Bearing Core 2

Right? This would be in left spin too, I assume?
Kei Wrote:So you're suggesting that I change the combo to

This one is fun to use either way. You can experiment with different WDs to see what you like.
Kei Wrote:So you're suggesting that I change the combo to

Do you have God Ring? If you did I think you should try it.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Do you have God Ring? If you did I think you should try it.

Nope. Unhappy That's from Shining God MS, right? I've never even really seen that Beyblade, what good would the God Ring do?

Also, I'll test out that combo later and see what happens.
Kei Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Do you have God Ring? If you did I think you should try it.

Nope. Unhappy That's from Shining God MS, right? I've never even really seen that Beyblade, what good would the God Ring do?

Also, I'll test out that combo later and see what happens.
It's good for defense, almost perfectly round, except for two notches on both sides. Good for deflecting hits and also heaviest CWD plastic part (from the usefull ones for defense), along with Free Defenser and Reverse Defenser, weighting 3g.

And about the combo, like Nic mentioned, it can go either direction. Using it in opposite spin direction is nice for deflecting and spin stealing though.
I own the god ring, and Shining God MS itself. The beyblade is a gimic blade, switching tip according to what spin you put it on. The main prize is the god ring. Its very thick, is free spinning, and makes for great deflection/defense. If needed i could post a pic.