Toys R Us Tournaments

Sorry, I didn't have my phone at the time, but I really think its only for march 16th. You know those things on the shelves where you can lock the item, and so no one could take them off, they were on the shelf for the mercury Anubis, haha, I didn't want to start any speculation, but I think it's only for that day, and I asked a worker and he said, "we only have a few".
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:37 PM)LMAO Wrote: Sorry, I didn't have my phone at the time, but I really think its only for march 16th. You know those things on the shelves where you can lock the item, and so no one could take them off, they were on the shelf for the mercury Anubis, haha, I didn't want to start any speculation, but I think it's only for that day, and I asked a worker and he said, "we only have a few".

In that case, they probably have the 60 that day, and give them out only if you win, or if you spend 20+, hopefully they will be really released though... what did the box look like?
It was a weirdly shaped box, kind of like the black sun galaxy Pegasus box, but it had a picture of Anubis at the front. And I really hope hasbro releases it, even thou it's mostly a collection bey!

Oh and also, whoever is going to the tournament, make sure to register before the day of the tournament, and remember to have your parents there too, it's a lot easier to register if you have your parents there!
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:41 PM)LMAO Wrote: It was a weirdly shaped box, kind of like the black sun galaxy Pegasus box, but it had a picture of Anubis at the front. And I really hope hasbro releases it, even thou it's mostly a collection bey!
i hope so! but seeing the box is in the hasbro limited edition like shape, it sounds like it won't be... if it is I GUARENTEE it will be Spark FXified. (As the Spark FX beys begin to chant "one of us, one of us,")
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:41 PM)LMAO Wrote: It was a weirdly shaped box, kind of like the black sun galaxy Pegasus box, but it had a picture of Anubis at the front. And I really hope hasbro releases it, even thou it's mostly a collection bey!
i hope so! but seeing the box is in the hasbro limited edition like shape, it sounds like it won't be... if it is I GUARENTEE it will be Spark FXified. (As the Spark FX beys begin to chant "one of us, one of us,")

Haha! I honestly couldn't tell if it was spark fxed, all I saw was that it was the brave version.
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:44 PM)LMAO Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

Haha! I honestly couldn't tell if it was spark fxed, all I saw was that it was the brave version.

It probably won't be, since it sounds like (the brave ver.) will be a limited release. What I think is if it is released (not just exclusive to the tourney) i'm asuming it will be re-done as a Spark FX
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:47 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:44 PM)LMAO Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote: i hope so! but seeing the box is in the hasbro limited edition like shape, it sounds like it won't be... if it is I GUARENTEE it will be Spark FXified. (As the Spark FX beys begin to chant "one of us, one of us,")

It probably won't be, since it sounds like (the brave ver.) will be a limited release. What I think is if it is released (not just exclusive to the tourney) i'm asuming it will be re-done as a Spark FX

I hope not! Spark fxing it will just make it look ugly! The regular colors of it, are just so nice and smooth Smile
(Feb. 25, 2013  4:06 AM)Tri Wrote: I'd use Twisted Tempo, haha. I'd say that would be the most unbeatable bey in a Hasbro stadium, haha.

Except for Hyperblade Phantom Orion. If the stadium has no pockets, I would put money on the winner using a Phantom Orion B:D.
It sucks that you have to use the regular metal fury beys in the tournament, they don't let you use hyper blades Unhappy
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:54 PM)LMAO Wrote: It sucks that you have to use the regular metal fury beys in the tournament, they don't let you use hyper blades Unhappy

Technically, you could argue that Hyperblades are Metal Fury Beys. It says "Metal Fury" on the packaging, and I doubt the Toys "R" Us employees would know the difference. Heck, they let someone get away with using a filled in Basalt in one of the tournaments I went to.
(Feb. 26, 2013  12:02 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2013  11:54 PM)LMAO Wrote: It sucks that you have to use the regular metal fury beys in the tournament, they don't let you use hyper blades Unhappy

Technically, you could argue that Hyperblades are Metal Fury Beys. It says "Metal Fury" on the packaging, and I doubt the Toys "R" Us employees would know the difference. Heck, they let someone get away with using a filled in Basalt in one of the tournaments I went to.

Not as bad as mine. The let a kid use hommade grip (made out of wood), some other kid use a meteo byxis, and some other kid use an electro battler.
(Feb. 26, 2013  12:02 AM)Wombat Wrote:

Hahaha that's a fail by TRU, and also I think they would know, because they hand out the beys, but who knows out of all the 12 beys, maybe we could use the hyper blades :p
If there are Hyperblades, I would use Phantom Orion the whole time.
Just an update but, at most of the stores, the tournament will start at 11:00.
It probably won't be hyperblades because it says metal fury basic tops. (read on rules and regulations).
My guess is you can choose between these 12? Beys:
Phantom Orion 145ES
Variares 145WB
Proto Nemesis AD145D
Blitz Striker 100SF
Fang Leone 130W2D
Cosmic Pegasus W105R2F
Vulcan Horuseus 145D
Scythe Kronos T125EDS
L Drago Destructor LW105LF
Beat Lynx AD145WD
Jade Jupiter 130B
Spiral Lyre ED145MF
Spiral Fox TR145W2D
Forbidden Ionis ED145FB
Divine Crown TR145D

I listed 15, but I'm not sure which ones they will not use. Most likely, Vulcan Horuseus, Proto Nemesis and something else. (I'm guessing)
I sure hope you're right; for the tournament in October our Toys R Us just got 6 packs of the Forbidden Striker/LDrago Destructor 2 packs.
(Mar. 07, 2013  5:47 AM)Barreto Wrote: I sure hope you're right; for the tournament in October our Toys R Us just got 6 packs of the Forbidden Striker/LDrago Destructor 2 packs.

Oh that must suck! Did you have to face an opponent with the same bey? haha, it must've been so confusing! I really hope that it's not like that!
(Mar. 06, 2013  6:00 PM)LMAO Wrote: My guess is you can choose between these 12? Beys:
Phantom Orion 145ES
Variares 145WB
Proto Nemesis AD145D
Blitz Striker 100SF
Fang Leone 130W2D
Cosmic Pegasus W105R2F
Vulcan Horuseus 145D
Scythe Kronos T125EDS
L Drago Destructor LW105LF
Beat Lynx AD145WD
Jade Jupiter 130B
Spiral Lyre ED145MF
Spiral Fox TR145W2D
Forbidden Ionis ED145FB
Divine Crown TR145D

I listed 15, but I'm not sure which ones they will not use. Most likely, Vulcan Horuseus, Proto Nemesis and something else. (I'm guessing)

Im pretty sure tht u can bring your own bey!?!?!?!?!
(Mar. 08, 2013  2:54 AM)HDSK Wrote: Im pretty sure tht u can bring your own bey!?!?!?!?!

No, not at all. This has barely been a possibility in all of Toys "R" Us' tournaments outside of Asia.
For the Metal Fusion Toys R' Us Tournament some stores allowed you to bring your own bey, but for Metal Masters and now for Metal Fury you can only use what the store supplies for you.
Huh, my toys r us let us use our own for all the tournaments I went to. Basically, I've learned to just bring my own beys, no matter what the ad says.
Inconsistency and incompetence are basically characteristics of Toys "R" Us events unfortunately ...
(Mar. 08, 2013  3:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Inconsistency and incompetence are basically characteristics of Toys "R" Us events unfortunately ...

haha, very true, some are very "bipolar" I guess :p It's just funny to me, because the workers have no idea what they're doing, and they're so confused. And it would be a good idea just incase to bring your combos from home.
Yah, so I don't know how they would go about this if they hadn't done what they did, but apparently they weren't supposed to use the stadiums, cuz then they can't sell them. They used them anyway, and at the end they're all like "we can't sell these, they're used" so they gave them to us. At least it's the same person who is monitoring it, because scout25 and I taught her to play at the last tournament. Anyway, back on topic...