Tournaments in Birmingham

This topic would be for any bladders that live in or near Birmingham. I myself live near and have never been in a real beyblade tournament so if we could get this topic notice and get one to midlands bladders thxSmilex
A tournament in Birmingham would be great, it would give me a chance to finally attend a event.
Let's do this check my thread

Hey I am a little new to the wbo but not so new to beyblade and I would not be able to travel far around the world to go to tournaments so I would like to host a tournament at the NIA in Birmingham I would need several people!If you want to say you are going to be there enter buy saying confirmed if you are interested say interested?

Any body who wants to judge say so!
I want to battle as well so anybody who would like to host say thanks!

Confirmed:

Interested:
I live in Leeds so Birmingham would be quite a trip for me but it's still easier than london. Put me down as interested.
I have friends up that way I guess I could lend a hand.
(Mar. 07, 2016  3:54 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I live in Leeds so Birmingham would be quite a trip for me but it's still easier than london. Put me down as interested.
Ok try your best now we have 5 people, of you do come that means only Tom more people and its ifoccial!

(Mar. 07, 2016  5:55 PM)-HB- Wrote: I have friends up that way I guess I could lend a hand.

That would be great please can you?
If we get enough people together I can host it or at least assit been as I don't plan to be up there regularly. I have to finish submitting results from past weekend before anything else. You will also need to find a good area to meet and play with good transport links etc something like a public bandstand like we use in London.
(Mar. 08, 2016  9:20 AM)-HB- Wrote: If we get enough people together I can host it or at least assit been as I don't plan to be up there regularly. I have to finish submitting results from past weekend before anything else. You will also need to find a good area to meet and play with good transport links etc something like a public bandstand like we use in London.

Awesome to hear! I am interested too! it will be a 3 hour journey for me but I am willing to take that journey for a tourney!^-^

I would prefer the format to be Burst; but MFB would be okay
I would love to play Burst but do not have any Burst beys of my own. I can do Plastics, Limited or MFB standard, though the latter is something I'm less equipped for.
(Mar. 08, 2016  6:19 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2016  9:20 AM)-HB- Wrote: If we get enough people together I can host it or at least assit been as I don't plan to be up there regularly. I have to finish submitting results from past weekend before anything else. You will also need to find a good area to meet and play with good transport links etc something like a public bandstand like we use in London.

Awesome to hear! I am interested too! it will be a 3 hour journey for me but I am willing to take that journey for a tourney!^-^

Da heck? If you are, screw it, if I'm free I'm going too. We can make the epic journey together Grin
(Mar. 09, 2016  12:41 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: I would love to play Burst but do not have any Burst beys of my own. I can do Plastics, Limited or MFB standard, though the latter is something I'm less equipped for.

Dude its all good, I am sure others wouldn't mind you borrowing some of theirs. I certainly wouldn't mind letting you use some of my burst!^-^

(Mar. 09, 2016  3:09 AM)Manicben Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2016  6:19 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote:

Da heck? If you are, screw it, if I'm free I'm going too. We can make the epic journey together Grin

Yeah that sounds awesome! Lets definitely make this happen

(Mar. 09, 2016  8:07 AM)_Avenger_ Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2016  12:41 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: I would love to play Burst but do not have any Burst beys of my own. I can do Plastics, Limited or MFB standard, though the latter is something I'm less equipped for.

Dude its all good, I am sure others wouldn't mind you borrowing some of theirs. I certainly wouldn't mind letting you use some of my burst!^-^

(Mar. 09, 2016  3:09 AM)Manicben Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2016  6:19 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: Awesome to hear! I am interested too! it will be a 3 hour journey for me but I am willing to take that journey for a tourney!^-^

London on tour! Grin We can all go as a group! First of all we need a venue!
(Mar. 09, 2016  10:06 AM)-HB- Wrote:

(Mar. 09, 2016  8:07 AM)_Avenger_ Wrote:

(Mar. 09, 2016  3:09 AM)Manicben Wrote: Da heck? If you are, screw it, if I'm free I'm going too. We can make the epic journey together Grin

Does anyone know where we could have it because I was thinking there was a field of grass just there it's not loud no one is ever there so I thought it would be good but if you guys have any suggestions please say?
it's strange no one ever hosted event in Birminghm.

anyways, i hope Birmingham will have regular events too [just like Mumbai, India]

so good luck from FIREFIRE Chaitanya to all of you
(Mar. 10, 2016  5:18 PM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2016  10:06 AM)-HB- Wrote:

(Mar. 09, 2016  8:07 AM)_Avenger_ Wrote: Dude its all good, I am sure others wouldn't mind you borrowing some of theirs. I certainly wouldn't mind letting you use some of my burst!^-^

Does anyone know where we could have it because I was thinking there was a field of grass just there it's not loud no one is ever there so I thought it would be good but if you guys have any suggestions please say?

Preferably somewhere with a shelter would be ideal!^-^
(Mar. 10, 2016  9:59 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2016  5:18 PM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2016  10:06 AM)-HB- Wrote: London on tour! Grin We can all go as a group! First of all we need a venue!

Preferably somewhere with a shelter would be ideal!^-^

I have found a place in the centre of Birmingham by the city bullring and it's just grass I've been there for a couple of days and nobody has been there everything is perfect apart from shelter I think it would be a great ideal venue if someone has a huge tent or something that's shelter but would take under 25 minutes to build and does anyone have a bb-10 I'll bring a has bro stadium for practicing but we need a bb-10 and you guys do want burst but I don't have any burst beys so I couldn't attend but you could just do it and I'll watch for that one but we will do a standard mfb one as well and if anyone wants to play both the Saturday and Sunday we could do 4 events?
Dude no one going from London is likely to have a huge tent and they definitely wouldn't want to drag it to Birmingham even if they did. They meant like a bandstand or shelter in a park.
(Mar. 13, 2016  1:38 PM)Ultra Wrote: Dude no one going from London is likely to have a huge tent and they definitely wouldn't want to drag it to Birmingham even if they did. They meant like a bandstand or shelter in a park.

I know that I meant one that folds really small and becomes quite big also, who said I was just targeting the people com from London? Anyway does anybody have one?
I didn't say that but at the moment haven't you only really got people from London coming? Also yes i'm aware that's what a foldable tent is. It's not likely anyone will have one so just look for a location with a bandstand or shelter since that makes more sense.
(Mar. 13, 2016  4:52 PM)Ultra Wrote: I didn't say that but at the moment haven't you only really got people from London coming? Also yes i'm aware that's what a foldable tent is. It's not likely anyone will have one so just look for a location with a bandstand or shelter since that makes more sense.

I understand what your saying but I actually have people from Birmingham and Wolverhampton coming
Okay but I would try to look up a location with that as a backup if you have no tent because if you have no shelter and it rains the tourney will be ruined.
(Mar. 13, 2016  5:34 PM)Ultra Wrote: Okay but I would try to look up a location with that as a backup if you have no tent because if you have no shelter and it rains the tourney will be ruined.

Yeh I'm going to try a new venue but this one is great and there are no other good places with bandstands however, I'm going to ask if I can hire a big tent but if anyone has one please say as it would save me a lot of money!
(Mar. 13, 2016  4:52 PM)Ultra Wrote: I didn't say that but at the moment haven't you only really got people from London coming? Also yes i'm aware that's what a foldable tent is. It's not likely anyone will have one so just look for a location with a bandstand or shelter since that makes more sense.

in india we keep tournaments in open areas like park and grounds. there is no need to have a tent or anything. a tree will work imo Smile
(Mar. 13, 2016  7:44 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote:

in india we keep tournaments in open areas like park and grounds. there is no need to have a tent or anything. a tree will work imo Smile

There are actually a lot of trees at the back but if it isn't raining we will have it in the open if it is raining we will have it under the trees but I will makes something if necessary for the levelling under the trees!
I've just had a quick look on Google maps. There is a park called Cannon Hill Park theres a bandstand like area as well as open spaces. anyone near there able to scout it? Also I've not looked in to transport links but this gives an idea to those who haven't been to a London event what we're looking for.