Tournaments

ok just making it clear = ], so the judges have to be trustworthy
ive been dying to know if theres and when the american tounament will be i live in sacramento california so i gotta know beyblade is my life i was six when i started i wached the anime all the time im twelve but anyway is there an american tounament and when is it?
(Nov. 23, 2010  5:31 AM)thebladebomber Wrote: ive ben dying to know if theres and when the american tounament will be i live in sacramento california so i gotta know beyblade is my life i was six when i started i wached the anime all the time im twelve but anyway is there an american tounament and when is it?
Read the Help section, or look around, it is easy to find ...
(Nov. 23, 2010  3:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: We of course do not have the funds to take a plane to different locations ...
mabye we do maybe we dont but i hop we do
(Nov. 23, 2010  5:34 AM)thebladebomber Wrote: mabye we do maybe we dont but i hop we do
... I think I know what the Committee members can reasonably spend money on, like getting on a plane for this, for instance ...

If you have nothing relevant to post, you should omit to do so.
(Nov. 19, 2010  7:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2010  5:33 PM)negaz Wrote: where do you sighn up for them
You can either simply post in the topic for the tournament itself, or you just attend the event, and say who you are there.
thats all we have to do just attend the event say who you are and you can battle then all i have to do is find a way to get to one
(Nov. 23, 2010  5:40 AM)thebladebomber Wrote: thats all we have to do just attend the event say who you are and you can battle then all i have to do is find a way to get to one
Do not forget that there is a five-dollar entry fee, or you can get a Blader Passport for ten dollars, but yes, it is that simple.
(Nov. 14, 2010  5:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK ...

For Round Robin, let us say you only have three people, then all of them need to battle the other person so all the combinations have been done once :

Blader 1 - Blader 2
Blader 2 - Blader 3
Blader 1 - Blader 3.

However, you will have many more participants than that, but each person needs to battle every other person once. The winners at the end are simply those with the most points or amount of victories. Matches are done again only if there are ties.

For Block Round Robin, you simply divide your participants, if they are numerous, into three blocks usually, and separate Round Robin tournaments happen in each block. The winner of each block is again the one with the most points, and now there is only one winner per block, not three.
Each block winner meets the others and another Round Robin tournament must happen between the winners until a clear top three is established with the number of wins.

If you look on Wikipedia, you will probably find further information and even diagrams.
hey how do you get a face collection
(Nov. 23, 2010  1:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2010  5:40 AM)thebladebomber Wrote: thats all we have to do just attend the event say who you are and you can battle then all i have to do is find a way to get to one
Do not forget that there is a five-dollar entry fee, or you can get a Blader Passport for ten dollars, but yes, it is that simple.
im getting a passport so im set
(Nov. 23, 2010  1:39 PM)thebladebomber Wrote: hey how do you get a face collection
Look at the Help section ...
hey beyblade is a favroute hobby of mine , and i would love to be able to go to a tournament ,but theres nnone in my country , how do i find out if there are tournaments in ireland
thanks in advance
(Nov. 26, 2010  5:07 PM)rian Wrote: hey beyblade is a favroute hobby of mine , and i would love to be able to go to a tournament ,but theres nnone in my country , how do i find out if there are tournaments in ireland
thanks in advance
http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=24
I thought this was closed lol
Hey so during a round robin every player is suppose to play each other.... a block round robin is 2 group played until each group comes up with 1 winner and then they will play each other??
off topic man! if u want it so much i dont you try to make one
(Nov. 28, 2010  6:23 AM)mesorangerxx Wrote: Hey so during a round robin every player is suppose to play each other.... a block round robin is 2 group played until each group comes up with 1 winner and then they will play each other??

Yes, and in each round robin group, there should be a "final" round consisting of the top 3, who then play their own round robin to decide the winner of the tournament, or block.
when you win battles do the points transfer to your account?
(Dec. 04, 2010  7:13 PM)knuckles48 Wrote: when you win battles do the points transfer to your account?
The battles will be processed online in the Beypoint System, and every participant's Beypoints will be updated according to how well they did. As a player you just need to worry about playing.
hey..can we charge extra money like 2 dollars for recovering expenses like prizes??
(Dec. 05, 2010  8:36 AM)mesorangerxx Wrote: hey..can we charge extra money like 2 dollars for recovering expenses like prizes??

No.
There are already five dollars from which we can take reimbursement. This is something that needs to be discussed before the tournament though.
Stupid
(Nov. 14, 2010  6:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, there is the Standard Format, in which only the new series can be used, and then there are separate formats for each other type of Beyblade as well, such as HMS and plastic, but also an Open Format, which is in fact mostly used in free battles.

Or were you talking about Round Robin and Block Round Robin ?
can u give me some launching tips because my dark gasher really needs some mor good speed

Smile
(Dec. 06, 2010  10:47 PM)muzza232 Wrote: Stupid

can u give me some launching tips because my dark gasher really needs some mor good speed

Smile
No. That has nothing to do with the topic, or the organisation at all. You need to read the rules of the forums before you post.
I was thinking about trying to organize an event in my area, but due to low number of people who may realistically turn out, I need to know if I could both judge and participate in a tournament as long as there was another player who could fairly judge my matches.
Normally, I believe that this would be completely absurd, but truth is, unless I were to organize the event, I do not believe that there would be an event within a reasonable distance from my area.
Yes, you can judge and participate.