Tournaments

Hello can you explain to me what the formats are? I don't really understand it when i read the event guide. Thanks.
Hm, there is the Standard Format, in which only the new series can be used, and then there are separate formats for each other type of Beyblade as well, such as HMS and plastic, but also an Open Format, which is in fact mostly used in free battles.

Or were you talking about Round Robin and Block Round Robin ?
(Nov. 14, 2010  6:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, there is the Standard Format, in which only the new series can be used, and then there are separate formats for each other type of Beyblade as well, such as HMS and plastic, but also an Open Format, which is in fact mostly used in free battles.

Or were you talking about Round Robin and Block Round Robin ?
well i mean anykind of format. I don't understand what to do in any format, sorry never been in a tournament.
Well, I explained to you what the 'formats' are. In each you can only use a certain type of Beyblade, and there are different Beystadiums allowed for each.
Can you explain to me about the round and block robin?
(Nov. 14, 2010  6:43 AM)XaznsFtwX Wrote: Can you explain to me about the round and block robin?
Hm, and you read the Event Guide ? Because I am not really going to explain anything more than what is written there ...
(Nov. 14, 2010  5:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2010  6:43 AM)XaznsFtwX Wrote: Can you explain to me about the round and block robin?
Hm, and you read the Event Guide ? Because I am not really going to explain anything more than what is written there ...
I just don't really understand it, I've read the guide a couple times.
OK ...

For Round Robin, let us say you only have three people, then all of them need to battle the other person so all the combinations have been done once :

Blader 1 - Blader 2
Blader 2 - Blader 3
Blader 1 - Blader 3.

However, you will have many more participants than that, but each person needs to battle every other person once. The winners at the end are simply those with the most points or amount of victories. Matches are done again only if there are ties.

For Block Round Robin, you simply divide your participants, if they are numerous, into three blocks usually, and separate Round Robin tournaments happen in each block. The winner of each block is again the one with the most points, and now there is only one winner per block, not three.
Each block winner meets the others and another Round Robin tournament must happen between the winners until a clear top three is established with the number of wins.

If you look on Wikipedia, you will probably find further information and even diagrams.
Okay thanks, so if I can only use one format right? For instance, I use Standard format, I can't do Round Robin or ect, Right?
Round Robin and Block Round Robin are not really formats and have nothing to do with what Beyblades will be used, which is what a format determines ...
Kai-v, what would you say the sequence is for getting a tournament up and going? If I wanted to start a tournament, which thread should I post in first to see if people will come, where it will happen, and anything else that needs to be discussed?
(Nov. 14, 2010  8:14 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Kai-v, what would you say the sequence is for getting a tournament up and going? If I wanted to start a tournament, which thread should I post in first to see if people will come, where it will happen, and anything else that needs to be discussed?
You make your topic here lol.. http://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-General , Take mine for example in my Signature, click Tournament, that's how you start up.
Hey guys. With the standard metal fusion series are we allowed to use beyblades imported from Japan that are not released in the UK yet? Such as Meteo L drago etc?
Thanks in advance!
(Nov. 14, 2010  8:52 PM)MaverickSol Wrote: Hey guys. With the standard metal fusion series are we allowed to use beyblades imported from Japan that are not released in the UK yet? Such as Meteo L drago etc?
Thanks in advance!
Of course. Read the Rulebooks ...
(Nov. 14, 2010  8:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2010  8:52 PM)MaverickSol Wrote: Hey guys. With the standard metal fusion series are we allowed to use beyblades imported from Japan that are not released in the UK yet? Such as Meteo L drago etc?
Thanks in advance!
Of course. Read the Rulebooks ...

Oh!
Thank you kindly.
hy does this website have the power to make a beyblade tournament in thornes park on thursday this week???.
(Nov. 14, 2010  9:01 PM)silversoul123 Wrote: hy does this website have the power to make a beyblade tournament in thornes park on thursday this week???.
They don't actually have the full power, you can make it happen though with a few other people and you gotta give tournaments time, not like instantly tournaments.
We have power in that it is limited to the number of Bladers in that area ... If there is nobody there or nobody willing to organise a tournament there, then there will simply be none. The World Beyblade Organization is made of the fans.
(Nov. 19, 2010  5:33 PM)negaz Wrote: where do you sighn up for them
You can either simply post in the topic for the tournament itself, or you just attend the event, and say who you are there.
how do you battle people
does anyone want battle if you do I'm ready
On that topic, I added a part about the FAQ page in the Help section, and it is now clearly mentioned in the introductory private message "Wondering how to battle on this site? Look at the FAQ" or something like that, so there is no excuse now.
hey for a tournament in the states would a admin fly down here? or thats wut the judges are for
We of course do not have the funds to take a plane to different locations ...