[Toronto, Ontario, Canada] General Tournament Interest Seeking

Dark_Mousy Wrote:Ill be in Toronto for the event. Just booked my hotel and got my ticket. Now I'm looking at flights. Im getting into Toronto on Either the 20th or 21st.

SCOTT, WE NEED TO FIND AN INDOOR VENUE AND PRONTO!

It'd be really nice to have you at an event; an indoor one in specific. I'll try to contact someone at my local community center; hopefully we'd be able to have an event there. One of the problems, though, is that the driving distance may be bad for some of you. I live in North York, where as some of you live close to Toronto, outside of it, however.
(Jan. 05, 2015  2:52 AM)Shido Wrote:
Dark_Mousy Wrote:Ill be in Toronto for the event. Just booked my hotel and got my ticket. Now I'm looking at flights. Im getting into Toronto on Either the 20th or 21st.

SCOTT, WE NEED TO FIND AN INDOOR VENUE AND PRONTO!

It'd be really nice to have you at an event; an indoor one in specific. I'll try to contact someone at my local community center; hopefully we'd be able to have an event there. One of the problems, though, is that the driving distance may be bad for some of you. I live in North York, where as some of you live close to Toronto, outside of it, however.

I have found some cheap indoor places, but they are in Milton; a little too far for some Confused I don't know what other options we have... I will look up some places tomorrow and post here Smile
Guys, I believe Dark means he just purchased tickets to attend Anime North.

At least, that's what it sounded like to me.
(Jan. 05, 2015  2:56 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Guys, I believe Dark means he just purchased tickets to attend Anime North.

Yeah, I think he was just telling us that, lol.
TheBlackDragon Wrote:Guys, I believe Dark means he just purchased tickets to attend Anime North.

Ah, I think you actually are right. Dark did mention in a Facebook comment, however, that he'll be in Toronto came January, so I may have confused the two.
To clear things up: Yes I bought my weekend pass and I have a hotel room at the International Plaza. Right now the tenative plan is for me to fly in Wednesday or Thursday Morning.

(Jan. 05, 2015  3:01 AM)Shido Wrote:
TheBlackDragon Wrote:Guys, I believe Dark means he just purchased tickets to attend Anime North.

Ah, I think you actually are right. Dark did mention in a Facebook comment, however, that he'll be in Toronto came January, so I may have confused the two.

I was originally going to go up to Toronto for Christmas, but my sister and my niece were in town. So family took priority.
Yeah guys, definitely try to pick up your AN passes as soon as possible. I wouldn't leave it to the last minute because they do often sell out. I should hopefully start planning for AN sometime in the next month ...!
Just to make it clear : you cannot leave the purchase of Anime North tickets to the last minute, because there will be none left. Sometimes, there are not even any one-day Saturday passes left, so you only have a choice between Friday and Sunday, but the waiting line is horrible and our tournaments have starting time. If you purchase your ticket(s) in advance, the line for that is actually much faster too.
Is the tournament actually in anime north? If it is, I don't think I'll be able to come. It's a lot of money to get in.
(Jan. 05, 2015  9:56 PM)Whos Desire Wrote: Is the tournament actually in anime north? If it is, I don't think I'll be able to come. It's a lot of money to get in.
Yeah,How much are the tickets?
(Jan. 05, 2015  10:03 PM)Tsuna` Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2015  9:56 PM)Whos Desire Wrote: Is the tournament actually in anime north? If it is, I don't think I'll be able to come. It's a lot of money to get in.
I think $35 for Friday and Sunday (not both, you have to pay for each) and $45 for Saturday.
(Jan. 05, 2015  10:10 PM)Whos Desire Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2015  10:03 PM)Tsuna` Wrote:
I think $35 for Friday and Sunday (not both, you have to pay for each) and $45 for Saturday.
Hmmmm,Seems about the same as BOD

Im actually considering not going due to the fact that its way too expensive and that Ill probably spend money when im there

If I do,Somebody better bring food
If you are under thirteen however, you get half off. Tongue_out
(Jan. 05, 2015  11:33 PM)Shido Wrote: If you are under thirteen however, you get half off. Tongue_out

Good thing my birthday is on the 25th, hehe. That may make it better. I could also pass as a 10 year old, as some of you saw at the tournament.
By the way, sixty dollars is not that much : what would you do if there were actually new Beyblades coming out ? You would be buying Beyblades to be competitive all while getting your pass for Anime North because there would probably be even more at stake in even larger events.
It is for a 12 year old with no money. Just saying. ._.
And thanks to the currency exchange I barely paid 50usd.
(Jan. 06, 2015  12:47 AM)Whos Desire Wrote: It is for a 12 year old with no money. Just saying. ._.

Ask your parents for a loan; tell them you will repay them by May or June, hah.

It unfortunately is, but you also have a lot of time to save up! And you get in for cheaper as a child too. If there is any tournament(s) you never want to miss, it is our yearly AN events; anybody who has attended in the past can attest to this fact. Smile

All information about the convention/passes can be found here: http://animenorth.com/
That being said, what day will the actual tournament be held on? I just want to go for the day, not staying overnight.

Nevermind! Just got it cleared up, the main tournament is on Saturday.
I believe the tickets are cheaper if you pre-register for it as well. So getting it as soon as possible is a must. As Kai-V said, there won't be tickets left and if there is, their will likely be a long wait in lines to get a pass. Trust me I had to go through it a few years back.

Talked to Kei, he said the next Toronto tournament will be in March, so that's cool, can't wait to see everyone again in a few months!
(Jan. 07, 2015  1:50 AM)Whos Desire Wrote: That being said, what day will the actual tournament be held on? I just want to go for the day, not staying overnight.

Nevermind! Just got it cleared up, the main tournament is on Saturday.

Yeah. I think it's safe to say that we'll be there on both Friday night for a smaller tournament, followed by the main event on Saturday.

(Jan. 07, 2015  2:45 AM)LMAO Wrote: Talked to Kei, he said the next Toronto tournament will be in March, so that's cool, can't wait to see everyone again in a few months!

Looking forward to it!
If I waited till this weekend to buy 2 Saturday Passes, do you guys think they will still be available?
(Jan. 08, 2015  3:24 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: If I waited till this weekend to buy 2 Saturday Passes, do you guys think they will still be available?

It should be OK, hopefully. Single-day passes usually do not get out of stock as quickly, but Saturday is definitely the most popular among all attendants of Anime North.