[Toronto, Ontario, August 10th, 2014]- THIRST FOR BEYS and Plastics Resurrection!

on
Hosted by
  LMAO
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Be_Funky_wooot_wo_png.png]

Sunday, August 10th, 12PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Zero-G and Plastics

August, a month of absolute heat. Bottles of water, plastic bottles of water everywhere. Can't get the thought of thirst out of your head? Have you been lurking around the World Beyblade Organization a bit too much like some people, hoping to go to yet another awesome tournament in Toronto? Well, the time has come, everyone. Open the doors, and embrace the fact that the wait is almost over! On August 10th, both ~Midnight~ and I will be co-hosting a double header tournament featuring both Zero-G and Plastics format! We're hoping to see a lot of Toronto bladers out there on August 10th! Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport for $10 if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 (per tournament) if you plan attending these events.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. In case you guys haven't been to our regular tournaments, here are some visual directions.

Directions: (Click to View)

Formats: Both Zero-G and Plastics Format. Depending on the number of users we have show up to these events, we will most likely do Block Round Robin.

''But I don't own any Plastic Beyblades...?'':

Don't worry, no fear! Kei will let users borrow his Plastic Beyblades. ~Midnight~ would lend out his Plastic prize for users who don't own any Plastics from HMS' NOT DEAD 3, as well.

Tournament Times: Zero-G Format starts at 12:00 PM, however, please try your best to be there at least 30 minutes earlier for registration and free play. The Plastics event starts at 3:00 PM.

Prizes: Will be determined at the tournament Wink

Side Note: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and We're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

We're keeping Toronto's bey-spirit alive, your support thus far is appreciated! Let's keep this up guys! If you wish to attend please post below, I'll start gathering an attendance list.

Confirmed for Zero-G:

-LMAO
-Kei
-~Midnight~
-Mango
-OldSchool
-Yoshikid2414
-ULTIMATE BLAZE
-Deimos
-JesseObre
-Yoshikid2414 #2
-pyrus10000
-hb42

Possible for Zero-G

-DSiks
-DSiks' friend
-bennunes217

Confirmed for Plastics

-LMAO
-Kei
-~Midnight~
-Mango
-Yoshikid2414
-OldSchool
-DSiks
-DSiks' friend
-ULTIMATE BLAZE
-Deimos
-JesseObre
-Yoshikid2414 #2
-pyrus10000
-hb42

Possible for Plastics

-bennunes217

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 26, 2014  2:30 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: nice stuff kei hopefully i can't get one of those prizes{s} it be awsome to have one, and do i choose which i can use out of your collection?

Yeah, mine or anybody else who is willing to lend out Beyblades.
i can lend out bey's
but i don't have a lot of parts
Thanks yoshikid2414Wink i'll need to borrow a attack bey, one that is agressive
I wouldnt mind that Ez Grip! Tongue_out

(Jul. 26, 2014  2:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey guys, I've got some stuff we can use for prizes at Plastics Resurrection!:

Note: some of the Beyblades have random parts with them.

Those are cool, thanks!

As I am hosting Plastics, I think it would only make sense that the host gives out prizes. However, these prizes are far more fitting than the ones I originally wanted to give out; I'm sure other attendees like OldSchoolâ„¢ and DSiks would appreciate these prizes far more, as well. With that being said, I'm sure if you were to give out these ones, we can work something out on me supplying prizes for your next event, Kei. Smile

On another note, keep in mind that I'll be playing for the fun of it, not competitively, like Zero-G. I'm not too intimidating, especially in this format, haha.
(Jul. 26, 2014  12:22 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote:

Those are cool, thanks!

As I am hosting Plastics, I think it would only make sense that the host gives out prizes. However, these prizes are far more fitting than the ones I originally wanted to give out; I'm sure other attendees like OldSchoolâ„¢ and DSiks would appreciate these prizes far more, as well. With that being said, I'm sure if you were to give out these ones, we can work something out on me supplying prizes for your next event, Kei. Smile

On another note, keep in mind that I'll be playing for the fun of it, not competitively, like Zero-G. I'm not too intimidating, especially in this format, haha.

Let me ship a lighter and a ton of TT Hongli Beybladea to you guys.
Winner gets to BURN THEM.
Sounds like a happy family experience GrinDD
Those are amazing Kei, thanks! Now if only I was able to name them...

I really miss Wally.web and OrionBlade, does anybody know them outside of the WBO? Maybe you could get into contact with them again!
We Britons I believe have already used the name plastic resurrection haha.

Just saying Smile
Wow, seriously? If you guys really did, then I think I have to change the name.

I searched "Plastics Resurrection" on the search engine, and I got nothing but this thread. Are you sure you guys already used the name "Plastics Resurrection"?
Sorry man, I just checked and it was revolution haha.

apologies again, it was from memory when I said that.
(Jul. 26, 2014  9:07 PM)LMAO Wrote: Those are amazing Kei, thanks! Now if only I was able to name them...

I really miss Wally.web and OrionBlade, does anybody know them outside of the WBO? Maybe you could get into contact with them again!

Master Dranzer, Trygle, Driger F, Wolborg 2, dragoon S And black kid draciel. I think that's the names. I didn't even search them Grin.

EDIT: forgot Wyborg lol.

EDIT 2: just noticed master dranzer has a bit protector also.
YES YES YES BOOM BABY!!!!!! I will be attending guys!!!!! and it will be both!!!!!Tongue_out
Hey guys, I just posted the Kijiji ad for LMAO because he was busy:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-events/city-of-to...nFlag=true
(Jul. 27, 2014  5:52 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: YES YES YES BOOM BABY!!!!!! I will be attending guys!!!!! and it will be both!!!!!Tongue_out

Nice! I'm excited to see you there, man. Smile

(Jul. 27, 2014  7:48 AM)Mango Wrote: Hey guys, I just posted the Kijiji ad for LMAO because he was busy:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-events/city-of-to...nFlag=true

Awesome, it looks great, though I did notice one thing, which isn't tragic, of course: I saw that you included a BeyChannel video, relating to a Zero-G tournament we had in Toronto last year. Was your intention to show that being Format we'll be playing in? If so, including this video would be great, as we're doing Plastics, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-GwrjBoDPo Smile

On the topic of advertising, I may try to work on flyers for these two events. A friend of mines father gives out flyers for my apartment building, so I may try to ask him to give them out, as well. I mean, I'm not too sure if my building's owner would like me going door to door handing out unneeded flyers.
if i'm coming to the tournament... i get to be spinster 2.0 right?
#gonnabeloud
yeah why not? i guess only if you can judgeTongue_out or you can anywaysWink
(Jul. 27, 2014  4:14 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: yeah why not? i guess only if you can judgeTongue_out or you can anywaysWink

He's not eligible to officially judge just yet, though there were a couple of times I let him countdown ''3, 2, 1, go shoot!''. I must admit, he does an awesome job at it, haha.
(Jul. 27, 2014  4:18 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2014  4:14 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: yeah why not? i guess only if you can judgeTongue_out or you can anywaysWink

He's not eligible to officially judge just yet, though there were a couple of times I let him countdown ''3, 2, 1, go shoot!''. I must admit, he does an awesome job at it, haha.
Yeah, so to officially judge you have to know the rules of judging right? because i would love to be oneTongue_out
(Jul. 27, 2014  4:14 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: Yeah, so to officially judge you have to know the rules of judging right? because i would love to be oneTongue_out

Yes, you would need to know the ruling. The event guide page may help you, as there should be a section on judging: http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf

I honestly think you can be eligible, though I feel like Toronto has more than enough active ones right now, consisting of Kei, LMAO, JesseObre, Pockyx3, Mango, and I.

If you'd still want to judge, feel free to ask Kei about it then, so he'd quiz you on what you'd need to know.
(Jul. 27, 2014  4:33 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2014  4:14 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: Yeah, so to officially judge you have to know the rules of judging right? because i would love to be oneTongue_out

Yes, you would need to know the ruling. The event guide page may help you, as there should be a section on judging: http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf

I honestly think you can be eligible, though I feel like Toronto has more than enough active ones right now, consisting of Kei, LMAO, JesseObre, Pockyx3, Mango, and I.

If you'd still want to judge, feel free to ask Kei about it then, so he'd quiz you on what you'd need to know.

midnight is right. i don't judge that much, or to make more sense I'm not an official judge yet
Alright, thanks midnight!!!! i'll get studieing!!!! but what questions did kei ask you?
i was reading the event guide about jusging but there was nothing about judging a battle
Ya i agree but they proably know that we know how to judge A battle. But besides, all i need to learn is ternament play, like for example, round robin.
Actually, the whole documents are about judging ... Read and learn the Universal Rulebook by heart, and know at least from the Event Guide that all BeyBattles are first-to-three-wins.
would anyone be selling an F230 takara tomy orange for around 40-45$