[Toronto, Ontario, 8/2/15] Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: Toronto

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Beyblade_Bursts_Onto_the_Scene_World_Beyblade_Or.png]
SUNDAY, AUGUST 2, 1PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BURST FORMAT

From seemingly out of nowhere, the third generation of Beyblade has burst onto the scene!. Toronto Bladers, this is your chance to get a first hand opportunity to try out the new Beyblades from this exciting, explosive new series, receive one for yourself to take home, and trade parts with other players to build the best Beyblade you can!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

First 7 Participants get a brand new Beyblade to use and take home!
And listen, we're not asking for those products back at the end, no way! Those are really gifts for the community! The first 7 Bladers to arrive at the tournament will randomly pick one Layer, one Disk, and one Driver from the Beyblade Burst items shipped to the host, and leave with it at the end!!

What happens if there are more than seven players, do you ask? Quite simply, these first seven, lucky Bladers will be asked to share with the players who came in later to the event when they are not playing in an official battle with it already. Their Beyblade will be returned at the end, because the host will have written down who got what.

Mandatory $6 CDN Entry Fee = More Beyblade Burst Events + Extra Credits!
To help subsidize the high cost of importing some of the new Beyblade Burst items from Japan, a mandatory $6 CDN entry fee will be imposed on all Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene events, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, the total cost would be $18 CDN at a Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene event), and there will be no prize reimbursement. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the more we can afford to do for the community in the future! We're actually going to be losing money despite this entry fee, and for those that receive a Beyblade, it will be much cheaper to get one that way than it would be to import one yourself (although we certainly hope you all do this after playing with them!). However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the event, all participants in Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene tournaments will receive the following:
  • +1 Extra Credit to be used for prizes from our awesome Blader Rewards, on top of whatever they would have normally earned.
  • New Passport Holders will earn +2 Extra Credits, rather than +1.

"But what about my BeyPoints? I've never played Beyblade Burst!"
No problem! The first Beyblade Event in every region will not count towards the BeyPoint System. Think of it as an opportunity to experiment and just focus on having fun with the new series.

Of course however, there will also be Faces and Credits to play for. Wink

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...lade_Burst

And be sure to check the Beyblade Burst - Bey News Forum Thread for the latest news on the series as it is announced.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADEBURST #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: Toronto, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
LMAO
Mitsukuni
pyrus10000
1234beyblade
The Sponge
Hato
Manicben
Wally.web
Oni-dracon
Beyonomics
ULTIMATE BLAZE

Possible Attendees:
op blader
BBunleashed101
Blasterjoker1

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 01, 2015  1:35 AM)Mitsu Wrote: guys I think manicben is printing out canadian dollar bills

Ssshhhh! You're giving away my secrets to the world! My plan for Canadian takeover (retakeover? Eee ) is now ruined.

In other news, soon leaving home to take a coach to London Heathrow Airport. Toronto, I'll be over in a jiffy. And not in a jiffy bag.
(Aug. 01, 2015  1:20 AM)Kei Wrote: Just added one more thing to my list of items for sale:

- BeyLogger (w/Blue Valkyrie Sheet, Batteries Included) - $13

Full Sale List (Click to View)

I'm gonna try to get the dash set... is it possible to reserve one?
It's a first come, first serve basis so they can't be reserved, unfortunately.
(Aug. 01, 2015  5:01 PM)Mitsu Wrote: It's a first come, first serve basis so they can't be reserved, unfortunately.

Well that sucks Unhappy

I guess I have to be there early then...

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
#gethyped #beybladeburst #mylifeisweird
#yudoublepost #infedexprintingcanadiandollars

Looking forward to tomorrow lads!
#sorryfordoubleposting
#mylifeisweird
(Aug. 02, 2015  2:52 AM)Manicben Wrote: Looking forward to tomorrow lads!

In Canada, we say buddeh, buddeh.

But really hyped for tomorrow! I'll be coming with nothing but food and money tomorrow but will most likely be coming home with quite a bit of stuff ... and no money, haha.
Really excited for tomorrow, for many reasons! Grin Now I just need to make a final decision on what my combos are going to be ...
Good morning everyone!
it looks like it's going to be nice today!
I will be heading out very soon!
#getsyked
#mylifeisweird
I will be leaving at 9am and I plan to be there at 11am. I will also be bringing B-00 and B-09 beystadiums. See you all there!!!
I'll be at High Park by 10:30; gonna be leaving in around an hour.

See you all there! :)
See ya there everyone haha

I also bielieve op blader is coming!Smile
IL be there around 11:00 11:30 ISH. Cant wait to see you all and 'BURST' into the new beyblade series! (pun very much intended)
Ok so I have a game at 1 PM... so If we win, then I'm probably not going... I'll confirm everything after 2:00 PM. If I come I'll probably be there by 3 or 4
I'll be there at ... you'll find out when you get there. Grin
Heading out now! See you guys in a bit. :)
I was going to wake up at 4:20 and say "I was so excited that I stayed up till 4:20, and I just want to tell you guys that I will be there in 6 hours and 40 minutes" but that never happened cuz scott would be like "seriously guys?" So yeah but anyway I just entered Toronto Grin I should be at high park anytime now!!!! Soooo hyped!!!
Today was a very fun day! Testing out Michael Bay's Beyblades Burst was great seeing the new system attract some serious excitement. Seeing @[Bey Brad] and some of his friends come to the tournament was awesome, and I even got something autographed by him! (will post picture later). Hope to see you guys again soon! Smile

In the 3 way tie breaker with @[Mitsu], @[BAWB18] and @[1234beyblade], 1234beyblade and surprisingly BAWB18 moved on to the finals. Against a match with Kei, BAWB18 lost but got fourth place! Congratulations Ben (BAWB18), you did great for your third tournament Smile

And @[Blasterjoker1] earned the Apex BeyDragons a gold face Cool I didn't stay for the rest, but congratulations to whoever placed! Grin

I went 3-5, which is probably (and sadly) my best yet ( Unhappy i cri evrytim), but I'm happy since this was so much fun. Kerbeus Heavy/Central Defense/Survive was spammed A LOT today... And yes, I used it too.. Not too many ties. Thank you to @[Manicben] for the custom paper thing for the BeyLogger, I know everybody appreciated! Grin I know I do Smug Today I got to judge,but mitsu said i could but kei didnt know, so kei: blame mitsu and give him a 10% warning level (20% if you are feeling generous Wink )
All and all; great seeing Manicben, Brad and friends today, Kebeus spammed, lots of bursting and fun! Grin
The results are in!

1st Place: @[Blasterjoker1]
2nd Place: @[1234beyblade]
3rd Place: @[Kei]
4th Place: @[pyrus10000]

Today was a really fun tournament with a ton of surprises! Blasterjoker had won a tournament for the first time today, more importantly a Burst Format one! And best of all Bey Brad - yes, Bey Brad had made a surprise appearance today!

I went 5-5 in my block. Me, BAWB18 and 1234beyblade were put into a three way tie. Personally, I was confident I'd beat BAWB18 knowing as he was using a stock Kerbeus for almost all his matches, but confidence got the best of me and I screwed up my launches. I had also lost against 1234beyblade, so I was cut from the semis.

Kerbeus Heavy/Central Defense/Survive was used a ton day. I'd say in my block, at least, it was 80% Kerbeus, 10% Spriggan attack and another ten Valkyrie attack. Personally, even though Kerbeus was used a lot, I don't find it to be an amazing option for defense. It won quite a bit, though all it's matches as far as I can remember were very close. What was interesting, though, was Kei's use of Kerbeus Heavy Accel. It was very cool to see in action. It has aggression and at the same time, some defense.

It was nice seeing you all today and meeting Manicben, Beyonomics, Dragoon Z and Bey Brad for the first time. I'm hoping to see you all again soon! You guys are pretty darn amazing people. :)
Today was the greatest day that I had, not just by placing 1st for the first time, but it was great to see that the tournament had succeeded. It was also great to see bey Brad come to play in toronto (thanks for signing my beylogger). I had a lot of fun trying the bursts for the 1st time. It was great to see and meet Manicben for the very 1st time and he was really cool to hangout with. When I played kei and won the game, I was exctatic to hear that I got 1st place with a finals record of 5-0 however my overall record of the day wad 12-2 eventhough I stuck with 2 combos for most of the event. Thanks for making this tournament happen kei and I can't wait for the next burst event cause I will be there for that.

Also, I was really bored when I was waiting to play so I ended up doing some parkour during the event
Fun tournament!

Once again, 3.... 2.... 1..... BLAST OFF!
3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Indeed, today was an amazing day with some great experiences.
I could write an essay about what transpired today, but I'll keep it short.
High Park is great. Easy to navigate and the black squirrels were friendly as I arrived too early. Luckily Wally.web joined me and instantly became friends, since we had a lot in common. Then more people joined us, leading to myself buying a B-08 set and a grip and selling the stadium to Wally.web. Quickly making friends with other people, the time to the start grew shorter, and some people arrived late. Great to meet Kei and Beyonomics, top lads as we say in England, although everyone were top lads with great banter (He wasn't ready!).

Then it happened. Some random guy with two girls (lovely people btw) came closer to us, and while I was thinking "who is that guy?" someone shouted BEY BRAD!!! I can only say I went into shock. Its not everyday you get to meet the founder of the WBO, the eternal president himself. After mustering up the courage to shake his hand and talk to him, I did exactly that and after mentioning I was from London, he immediately knew who I was! Not gonna lie, I was moved and after talking a lot during the tournament, I quickly discovered he is a awesome guy and frikin cool (evidently popular with the ladies Grin ). Ha, basically all Canadians are kind and helpful from my experience so far.

Congrats to the winners! I hope everyone enjoyed the little "thing" I made and I hope that you will all be the envy of the entire WBO! Feel free to brag, since its a Bursts onto the Scene exclusive!

To everyone who went to McDonald's, I had a great time and cheers JessObre for introducing me to that wonderful burger concoction, whose name should not be mentioned here Grin I hope you guys can make it to London someday, where you will be welcomed with open arms, as you all did to me here.

I'm off to Vancouver tomorrow early morning, but you guys really made my time in Toronto an experience of a lifetime, and I hope to see you all sometime in the future. Maybe I shall make a grand/epic return someday? Grin

EDIT: Just noticed. Arrived there with one Wing. Got home and found three. I should have two, but now I have an extra Wing and I'm missing a Spread. I think I have Dragoon Z's Wing and he has my Spread. I is very sad, but not much I can do now... I get another spread from a booster
I do apologize for not playing, but congrats to all the players who came and placed! I also am happy to see people having fun at the tournament and being humble today, great job!! Today seemed really fun (Even though I was really tired). It was great meeting Beyonomics for the first time and also Manichben. I really had a good time seeing all of you guys again! Also good to see BeyBrad surprising us. It kinda sucks I had Basketball but at least I was here to see Manichben's experience eating tht burger XD. Hope to see you all at the next tourney! Eee
So instead of writing paragraphs like everyone i will just name some main highlights of the tournament!
1. Bey Bard making an appearance was totally mind bowing and unexpected!!! I literally went crazy, he is such a great guy!
2. Manicben coming all the way from London to come to our toronto community tournament! He is also very fun to hang out with!
3. Beyonomics coming back from the dead to spin some tops once again!
4. The tornado warning completely scaring me at mcdoonelds D: (I told pyrus10000 that i am coming to his house if it get's worse ;3 hopefully he would not kick me out!)
5. BlasterJoker1 getting his first gold face!!!! Congrats!!!
6. Valkyrie Heavy Accel destroys everything if you launch it really hard haha.
7. The string on my launcher burnt out a nice little line on my beylauncher (not sure when this happened haha)
8. Beyblade burst was not as bursty as i though it would be which i am happy about

So yeah i got to meet some amazing people today!

Everyone used spriggan, kerbeous, valkyrie, and this one guy who used Ragnaruk and kept saying "you're going to get RAGNARUKED" XD (not sure if that is exactly what he said) I personally found out that i prefer Valkyrie a lot more for attack over Spriggan and that Bursts did not occur as often as i expected them to.