[Toronto, Ontario, 7/17/16] HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: wfFdjbX.png]
SUNDAY, JULY 17, 11:00AM (Standard) & 2:30PM (Burst)
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
STANDARD (MFB) & BURST FORMAT
Universal Rules | Burst Format Rules

World Bladers, join us on July 17th at High Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for the eighth edition of the WBO's longest running Tournament series: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN! We will be starting the day at 11AM with the format that started it all back in 2009: Standard (Metal Fight Beyblade/Beyblade: Metal Fusion) Format and then jumping into the present with another exciting Burst Format event at 2:30PM! There will of course also be Faces, Credits, and BeyPoints up for grabs at these events as well!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $20 CDN–which will grant you entry into all WBO events for an entire year, among other benefits–or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and is set to launch in North America in 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Don't have any Beyblades from the new series? No problem! It's likely that people will have some on hand for sale, and if not, we would be glad to lend one to you for the duration of the event!

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | Instagram

Spread the word!
#HPT #WORLDBEYBLADE #BEYBLADE

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Mitsu
1234beyblade
LMAO
U wot m8
Lani (Burst Format)
Lani's Friend (Burst Format)
hades888 (Standard Format)

BLASTERJOKER
Thokami
Technik
pyrus10000 (Burst Format)
lord Wolfblade
naru_blader
icewolf888 (Standard Format)

Possible Attendees:
Hato
cadney
Classik
Emerl331
thundervolt57
{YT}EnderBlader
Beyonomics (Burst Format)
ICEICE

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 15, 2016  4:32 PM)naru_blader Wrote: I'll be there! i just moved to Toronto from Kenya so this is my first WBO tournament!

Wow awesome! Welcome!
(Jul. 15, 2016  7:35 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey @[Mitsu], @[1234beyblade] is going to bring a bunch of his Burst stadiums so no need to bring yours! Do you have more than one BB-10?

I could bring my second one. That's all I got though. Tongue_out

naru_Blader Wrote:I'll be there! i just moved to Toronto from Kenya so this is my first WBO tournament!

Woah, that's awesome! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Can you get a shard of ameterois if you win
Hey Kei! ill probably buy an Odin and a Kerbeus at the tournament. That is if i have enough! see you there!
Good news! Miraculously, I received my X2's in the mail today that were shipped a couple days ago! I will have four for sale at this event:

[Image: G4UeBgP.jpg]

B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur Magnum Impact + Sword Launcher x4 - $37 each ($34 without BeyCode)

Complete Sales List:

(Jul. 15, 2016  4:32 PM)naru_blader Wrote: I'll be there! i just moved to Toronto from Kenya so this is my first WBO tournament!

That's so cool. I see in your profile it says you were born in Canada and then moved to Kenya, so we'll do our best to welcome you back to Canada this weekend. Smile

(Jul. 15, 2016  4:42 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I could bring my second one. That's all I got though. Tongue_out

Please do. Thanks!

(Jul. 15, 2016  8:34 PM)hades888 Wrote: Can you get a shard of ameterois if you win

Unfortunately, no. Each region can only distribute one Shard of Amaterios per month, and Toronto's was already awarded for July when we had our tournament on Canada Day.

(Jul. 15, 2016  11:35 PM)naru_blader Wrote: Hey Kei! ill probably buy an Odin and a Kerbeus at the tournament. That is if i have enough! see you there!

Ah, sorry; I actually had to take Kaiser Kerbeus off my list. I had bought it a long time ago for BLASTERJOKER and he's finally come back, so I'm going to honour our deal and keep it reserved for him. But, I should have an Obelisk Odin for you if you want.
I am coming for sure but in standard format
My father just notified me of something, last minute, which leads to me being unable to come. Pretty sad about it, but you guys go have fun! Unsmith
Unfortunately, I had to book a last minute flight to Los Angeles for the weekend, won't be able to come out tomorrow, so sorry! Gonna suck to miss a HPT Unhappy
(Jul. 17, 2016  2:15 AM)Hato Wrote: My father just notified me of something, last minute, which leads to me being unable to come. Pretty sad about it, but you guys go have fun! Unsmith

(Jul. 17, 2016  4:53 AM)LMAO Wrote: Unfortunately, I had to book a last minute flight to Los Angeles for the weekend, won't be able to come out tomorrow, so sorry! Gonna suck to miss a HPT Unhappy

Ah, too bad! Unhappy Will @[U wot m8] still be coming @[LMAO]?
So I wasn't able to change my shift.. so I'll only be showing up for burst.

Which makes me sad.. cause I wanted to raise a little Hell, in mfb, if you know what I mean
(Jul. 17, 2016  5:05 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: So I wasn't able to change my shift.. so I'll only be showing up for burst.

Which makes me sad.. cause I wanted to raise a little Hell, in mfb, if you know what I mean

Hahaha, oh no! Was looking forward to seeing that Hell.
No, sorry, we're both going to be heading out tonight, have fun and good luck to everyone tomorrow! Smile
HIGHPARK THROWDOWN 8 (Standard)
1st: LMAO
2nd: U wot m8
3rd: Kei
4th: JesseObre

HIGHPARK THROWDOWN 8 (Burst)
1st: pyrus10000
2nd: Kei
3rd: 1234beyblade
4th: Mitsu

Such a great time today! So many people to thank. Especially everyone who was involved in getting me birthday cake (and the frappuccino Eee)! I could kind of see it coming a mile away (really @[LMAO], flight to LA last minute? lol), but you guys delayed it for a little while so I started to doubt myself a little haha. I feel so happy that you guys care enough to have done something like that not only last year but again this year too. Thank you so much. You guys are the best!

Thanks to @[Priscient] (AKA Pockyx3) who made a surprise appearance today; it was so great to see you and I'm sure everyone else feels the same way. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we hope you come again at least every so often in the future. Smile

Thanks also to @[BLASTERJOKER] and @[ICEICE] for helping out so much with the organization and running of the tournaments too. Much appreciated.

And I can't forget to thank @[Lani] for bringing me such a perfect, thoughtful present all the way from Iceland. Thank you!

Congrulations to @[pyrus10000] for his second ever first place finish and first ever first place finish in Burst Format! I'll have to watch you harder next time ...........

It was great seeing new players too today like @[Naru Blader] do so well in their first ever WBO events. 5-4 in Standard and then a finals appearance in Burst is definitely something to be proud of.

Next Tournaments: July 23rd - PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! 3 & Beyblade GO Burst
Don't forget everyone that we're back at it next weekend on July 23rd at High PArk with PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! 3 and Beyblade GO Burst!
(Jul. 13, 2016  6:09 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: LMAO win this for me buddy!

Cheering me on worked! Thanks so much, was super happy to place 1st in Standard!

Huge congrats to Pinz for placing in Burst, and Skeet, Huberto and Matso, congrats to you all! Thanks to everyone who came out today for the tournament and to play Pokemon Go lol. See you guys all soon!
(Jul. 18, 2016  1:36 AM)LMAO Wrote: Cheering me on worked! Thanks so much, was super happy to place 1st in Standard!

That's two in a row now haha.
Ah wow, wish I could've been there Kei and friends. Looking forward to seeing you next month!
Yesterday was super fun! I got home pretty late and I figured I'd just wait till today to make a reply. Smile

I had a few weird losses that could have been changed if I thought a little more in our Standard event. I landed up with a 5-4 score (to go along with my 5-5 in Flame Up The Summer Spirit); not so good, not so bad either! It was super awesome to go back and play Standard after almost an entire year! As for Burst, I had did a bit better in Burst and I had got a final score of 8-5, which should make up for my 4-4 and 4-6 at the previous two Burst events. There's no denying that Revolve and Orbit still play major roles an the present Burst game, but I'm also glad to see that attack is still a thing and people do want to use it.

It was super great meeting you yesterday, @[Naru Blader]! You're super good at the game! Continue to keep it up!

Bey Brad Wrote:Ah wow, wish I could've been there Kei and friends. Looking forward to seeing you next month!

Looking forward to seeing you too! Grin
It was wonderful to come to a tournament and see everyone after my trip to Iceland! I certainly didn't perform well (I really wasn't launching as I usually do -- I partially blame being INCREDIBLY DISTRACTED by Pokemon GO lol) but I felt so encouraged by everyone every time I played, and that really made me even happier than winning. Thank you everyone for your tips and coaching, especially about launching! I learned a great deal yesterday.

Happy birthday @[Kei] and congratulations to all the winners!

By the way, I really felt not being confident enough to judge hard yesterday -- so by the next tournament I go to, I will have studied the rulebook thoroughly and I will be judge ready!!
Photos! Thanks so much to cadney for helping me take them while my phone battery was super low!

https://www.facebook.com/WorldBeybladeOr...4571140008
how can u tell if ur beyblade is official
(Jul. 18, 2016  4:44 PM)hades888 Wrote: how can u tell if ur beyblade is official

This does not seem like the right place to ask that question, but if you still have the box, check this guide: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-theflig...-searching
(Jul. 18, 2016  2:34 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Yesterday was super fun! I got home pretty late and I figured I'd just wait till today to make a reply. Smile

I had a few weird losses that could have been changed if I thought a little more in our Standard event. I landed up with a 5-4 score (to go along with my 5-5 in Flame Up The Summer Spirit); not so good, not so bad either! It was super awesome to go back and play Standard after almost an entire year! As for Burst, I had did a bit better in Burst and I had got a final score of 8-5, which should make up for my 4-4 and 4-6 at the previous two Burst events. There's no denying that Revolve and Orbit still play major roles an the present Burst game, but I'm also glad to see that attack is still a thing and people do want to use it.

It was super great meeting you yesterday, @[Naru Blader]! You're super good at the game! Continue to keep it up!

[QUote=Bey Brad]Ah wow, wish I could've been there Kei and friends. Looking forward to seeing you next month!

Thx so much! see you next week!
Smile
HIGH PARK THROWDOWN (Standard) Results Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN (Burst) Results Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
Hate to admit it since it will probably boot me out of the top spot haha, but @[LMAO], I believe you missed processing the finals match between @[pyrus10000] and I where he beat me for this event.