[Toronto, Ontario 6/12/16] Deck Rotation Format Test Run + SUMMER BEYRADISE

on
Hosted by
  Mitsu
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

SUNDAY, JUNE 12, 2016 @11AM ONWARDS
Dufferin Grove Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
DECK ROTATION FORMAT & BURST FORMAT

Heat, heat and more heat! After yet another cold winter in Toronto, the temperatures are finally warming up! Come cool down and watch some Disks fly high and Blade on Sunday, June 12th at Dufferin Grove Park!

[Image: location.png]
We'll be playing at Dufferin Grove Park near the basketball courts. If you have any questions on the specific spot of the park, don't hesitate to post below!

[Image: ENTRYFEE.png]
Tournament entry will cost six dollars a person, although if twenty dollars is payed, a Blader Passport would be yours, along with a cool Passport Face online! Most importantly, though, free tournaments until your passport expires the following year. How cool is that?

[Image: DECKROTATIOB.png]
The Deck Rotation Format test run will be taking place at 11:00am and before SUMMER BEYRADISE, which will be starting promptly after. Please feel free to come by before the main event and test out the experimental Deck Rotation System. The rules for the event will consist of as follows:

Quote:Deck Rotation Format

First Blader to reach 5 points wins.

- Outspin: 1 point
- Stadium Miss/Contactless KO: 1 point
- Knockout: 2 points
- Burst Finish: 2 points

- Each Blader comes to the stadium with 1 to 3 completed Beyblades, referred to collectively as a "deck". There can be no repeated parts within a deck. This deck is kept hidden from the opposing Blader.

- Both Bladers attach their first Beyblade in secret; the match begins as normal.

- When a Blader loses a round, they have the option to switch their Beyblade for another Beyblade in their deck. However, switching is not mandatory.

While Credits, Faces or Beypoints will not be awarded for the event, the Deck Rotation System is super fun to play in and we obviously encourage all of you to test it out with us! https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-For...ion-System

[Image: AWAKENINGAMA.png]

Quote:
[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in this tournament to win an exclusive Face, the Shard of Amaterios. Collect 3 Shards of Amaterios to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

[Image: SIDENOTE.png]
We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

Attendees:
Mitsu
1234beyblade
Kei
Asterisk
Lani
Beyonomics
JesseObre
pyrus10000
lord Wolfblade
Hato

Possible Attendees:
Classik

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 10, 2016  11:10 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Possible, I'd imagine? Tongue_out

maybe.
I doubt I will play, since I'm completely out of the loop. more so just wanting to come to see how it has been going with all of y'all (and to check out the new series in action)
(Jun. 11, 2016  5:02 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2016  4:58 PM)Kei Wrote: Beyonomics confirmed with me that he can definitely make it. Smile

And with that, there is no way we're cancelling. Smile

And I jinxed it. With LMAO and U wot m8 both unable to come, I am definitely on the verge of cancelling.

@[ICEICE], @[Classik], @[Hato], we need you to confirm whether you are coming tomorrow or not ASAP.
I've been begging my mom, and it's a no. Sorry, guys Unhappy
So sorry to let everyone down, there's been a family emergency and I won't be able to make it out.

Unhappy
If @[lord Wolfblade] is coming and can play, we should be fine?
Just confirmed with JesseObre and pyrus10000 that they'll both be playing. Smile
pyrus10000, June 11, 2016 at 09:44 AM:
(Jun. 11, 2016  2:44 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: I will also not be attending the tournament, but I totally wish I could be with you guys!

Haha, nice!
He'll only be there for SUMMER BEYRADISE, but definitely better than no turnout at all. Smile
will I be needed for this tournament to go on?
cause I may not be up for it.. (literally. rough night)
(Jun. 12, 2016  10:50 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: will I be needed for this tournament to go on?
cause I may not be up for it.. (literally. rough night)

If you don't want to play, definitely don't worry about it! We have the 8 attendees needed to have the event. Smile

I'll be heading out in a few hours. See you all soon!
Ugh unfortunetely i cant bring my laptop today... guess we will just have to deal with the annoying uploading/downloading.
Great time today! We're just grabbing food now, having a post tourney picnic. Mitsu won again!

I lost literally every game i played today save for my last match against Ice Ice
That was a lot of fun. Thanks for showing me the ropes.
Sooooooo... I wasn't sure I was going to show up today, but I am glad I did because I had a reeeeaaaally great time.
Coming to this tournament and trying out beyblade burst for the first time reignited that spark that I got when I first joined the WBO and did my first tournament!
With that said, this is my official return into competitive beyblade! I hope to see you all in future tournaments (work permitting).

Thanks to all of you for the great day Grin
Deck Rotation Format Test Run (Burst Format)
1st: 1234beyblade
2nd: Kei
3rd: Lani

SUMMER BEYRADISE (Burst Format)
1st: Mitsu
2nd: JesseObre
3rd: Kei
4th: pyrus10000

Hey everyone! Had a couple frustrating losses (Mitsu beat me yet again in the finals of SUMMER BEYRADISE; he's on a roll!), but I had a great time today. I was especially happy to see @[Asterisk] and @[lord Wolfblade] make their official return to the community!

Very cool to see @[Technik] again too; sorry that it took so long to get our second tournament started. Hope you can make it out again next time in a couple weeks. Smile

Congratulations to @[Lani] for doing so well in the Deck Rotation too! I feel like the that tournament contains something close to your most ideal top three haha

Deck Rotation Format was a ton of fun. I ended up going 8-5 overall. Every loss that I can remember generally felt fair, and to me maybe that's the best indicator that this format is a good one. If I lost, it was because a) I didn't build my deck to be versatile enough which forced me into less than optimal choices or b) I didn't perform well enough with my combos in terms of my shooting technique.

In the second tournament using our regular format, I had a mixture of both losses in games I should have won, and losses where I just picked the wrong Beyblade outright. The first type are harder to accept but the fault generally lies upon me, but the latter are frustrating because you have no real opportunity to respond in a meaningful way beyond adjusting your launch technique. So much emphasis is placed on picking a single Beyblade that can defeat multiple things, but when playing against a great player there is often a huge difference between the combos they could choose, making it difficult to pick something that can cover all possibilities. Therefore, it becomes more important to try and discern patterns so you know when to take a risk and choose something that is more narrowly focused in its functionality. In Deck Rotation Format, this still plays an important part in the initial Beyblade selection and anticipation of what else your opponent's deck contains, but you have the ability also to respond. But the emphasis on finding versatile combos, discerning patterns, and trying to overcome type disadvantages over the span of an entire BeyBattle using only those two Beyblades are what makes our regular format great in it's own unique way.

I have a lot more to say about Deck Rotation Format–which I will post later in the Beyblade General forum–but I think in the end there is a place for both it and our regular format in WBO Organized Play. Each carries it's own set of advantages and disadvantages.
I had such a good time today!! I hope my work schedule will allow me to come out to another tournament sometime soon. I really liked the Deck Rotation format, even though it took a long time I thought it was incredibly fun.

Gotta say though, playing two tournaments in a row is not easy on my body... feeling a little old right now, haha...
Back and can hardly keep my eyes open, LOL. I was super tired after our Deck Rotation test run and was debating as to whether I wanted to play in Burst or not. I'm definitely glad I did. My records for both tournaments were 5-6 and 6-2; hopefully I'll have that #1 spot on the Burst rankings. Tongue_out

The Deck Rotation Format is like no other; it was an amazing experience and I could say it is a lot more enjoyable than our regular first to 3, best out of 5 ruling. I - the person who never wants to risk using attack - was a lot more obligated to use it, and I did! While Orbit and Revolve still play vital parts in our game, there was also a lot of attack and a fair mixture of interesting combos as well. I really hope we can come to making Deck Rotation our new standard or at least a separate format for it. I encourage all other regions to test it out!

About to start going through the photos I had took today. They'll be post shortly, as will winning combinations. Smile

Technik Wrote:That was a lot of fun. Thanks for showing me the ropes.

Nice seeing you today, @[Technik], keep at it! Looking forward to seeing you in the near future! Our match played out so weird hahahaha.

lord Wolfblade Wrote:Sooooooo... I wasn't sure I was going to show up today, but I am glad I did because I had a reeeeaaaally great time.
Coming to this tournament and trying out beyblade burst for the first time reignited that spark that I got when I first joined the WBO and did my first tournament!
With that said, this is my official return into competitive beyblade! I hope to see you all in future tournaments (work permitting).

I walked in, threw my stuff on the floor, and slipped into a coma for a few hours. Felt good, man. I think the main reason today felt like it went on for so long is that the 4(?) way tie for Deck Rotation that needed a lot of time to resolve.

Other than that, I can only sing Deck Rotation's praises: as Kei said, the ability to switch things up mid set is an unbelievably game-changing asset, and the point system makes the use of attack types that much more rewarding to use.

I had a ball today, guys. If things work out and I get to continue living in toronto, I'll definitely be coming out to more things. It was cool seeing @[lord Wolfblade] going out unashamedly with his attack combo and getting results from it. Also spike. I don't know what in the world spike is supposed to be, but it's entertaining as heck.

My only win of the day was against @[JesseObre] due to a neat Orbit combo. Definitely have to get around to picking up that driver.

Speaking of attack types, I was able to get a lot of RF- er, Xtreme-based fun today with some Spriggan and Xcalibur combos. I now have firsthand experience with the sadness that comes with running Valkyrie based combos, as during my second match in the formal tournament I went from fancy shooting and scoring two consecutive knockouts, to having nice, hard-hitting, tight sliding shoot flower patterns that would result in my bey bursting in my face time and time again. In honoring my opponent (read: I'm salty as hell) the process of landing satisfying hits and then blowing yourself up has been forever cemented for me as 'getting @[Lani]'d. Tell me when you guys are getting together to yell at TT about Valkyrie, because I'm in. I'll bring tea.

All in all, a fun day! Thanks for hosting, Meat-Soup (@[Mitsu]), and I'm working on uploading all the footage I shot today. @[1234beyblade], I'll PM you the dropbox link when the upload finishes.

(also unrelated, but how cool is it that you can tag people now? Could you always do this? What a time to be alive. Truly, we live in the world of the future)
Sorry I couldn't make it I was at Canada's Wonderland ?
I'm so sad that I didn't get to make this because of work (my schedule of double shifts on weekends in June is totally killing me). Thanks so much to everyone who took amazing photos for us to use on social media! The group one from this event was especially cute.

Looking forward to trying out Deck Rotation Format myself very soon!
Oh right, that reminds me that I've still got the full group shot on my camera!

Here we have our lovely tournament winners:

[Image: g9uSX1c.jpg]

And here, we have everyone else! (also lovely):

[Image: Fm79Vwj.jpg]
Results spreadsheets!

Deck Rotation Format Test Run: Toronto — https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

SUMMER BEYRADISE — https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
[Image: mYRfa1c.png]

YOSH

There's nowhere to go but UP!
Don't worry, that tournament was unranked. Tongue_out
Love those pictures, Asterisk!

(Jun. 18, 2016  9:25 PM)Asterisk Wrote: [Image: mYRfa1c.png]

YOSH

There's nowhere to go but UP!

Hahaha, that's the spirit!

(Jun. 18, 2016  3:22 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Deck Rotation Format Test Run: Toronto — https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

@[Mitsu], one small mistake I noticed in this one: you repeated 1234beyblade vs Lani twice in the finals. The last one should be 1234beyblade beating me.

And @[Asterisk], did you pay an entry fee/buy a passport for SUMMER BEYRADISE?