[Toronto, Ontario 6/12/16] Deck Rotation Format Test Run + SUMMER BEYRADISE

on
Hosted by
  Mitsu
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

SUNDAY, JUNE 12, 2016 @11AM ONWARDS
Dufferin Grove Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
DECK ROTATION FORMAT & BURST FORMAT

Heat, heat and more heat! After yet another cold winter in Toronto, the temperatures are finally warming up! Come cool down and watch some Disks fly high and Blade on Sunday, June 12th at Dufferin Grove Park!

[Image: location.png]
We'll be playing at Dufferin Grove Park near the basketball courts. If you have any questions on the specific spot of the park, don't hesitate to post below!

[Image: ENTRYFEE.png]
Tournament entry will cost six dollars a person, although if twenty dollars is payed, a Blader Passport would be yours, along with a cool Passport Face online! Most importantly, though, free tournaments until your passport expires the following year. How cool is that?

[Image: DECKROTATIOB.png]
The Deck Rotation Format test run will be taking place at 11:00am and before SUMMER BEYRADISE, which will be starting promptly after. Please feel free to come by before the main event and test out the experimental Deck Rotation System. The rules for the event will consist of as follows:

Quote:Deck Rotation Format

First Blader to reach 5 points wins.

- Outspin: 1 point
- Stadium Miss/Contactless KO: 1 point
- Knockout: 2 points
- Burst Finish: 2 points

- Each Blader comes to the stadium with 1 to 3 completed Beyblades, referred to collectively as a "deck". There can be no repeated parts within a deck. This deck is kept hidden from the opposing Blader.

- Both Bladers attach their first Beyblade in secret; the match begins as normal.

- When a Blader loses a round, they have the option to switch their Beyblade for another Beyblade in their deck. However, switching is not mandatory.

While Credits, Faces or Beypoints will not be awarded for the event, the Deck Rotation System is super fun to play in and we obviously encourage all of you to test it out with us! https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-For...ion-System

[Image: AWAKENINGAMA.png]

Quote:
[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in this tournament to win an exclusive Face, the Shard of Amaterios. Collect 3 Shards of Amaterios to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

[Image: SIDENOTE.png]
We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

Attendees:
Mitsu
1234beyblade
Kei
Asterisk
Lani
Beyonomics
JesseObre
pyrus10000
lord Wolfblade
Hato

Possible Attendees:
Classik

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Big thanks to everyone who tests out the Deck Rotation system, looking forward to your feedback Smile
Smack me on the possible list, please! Smile

Also, I love the name Wink
(Jun. 03, 2016  1:36 AM)Hato Wrote: Smack me on the possible list, please! Smile

Also, I love the name Wink

Thought the person who came up with the name would be confirmed. DJ - Sad.
Cannot wait to try out the Deck Rotation Format in a competitive environment!
I'll be there! Smile
I'm so sad I can't make it out to this; I'll be working 12h both days this weekend.

Thankfully @[Lani] will be helping me with photos for instagram and social media coverage! Make sure you give her some fun poses, and enjoy the tournament!
possible like always.
Completely forgot the Awakening Amaterios campaign is still a thing! All its information has been added to the OP!

Quote:I'm so sad I can't make it out to this; I'll be working 12h both days this weekend.

Sucks you can't come! Was hoping to see your Burst rank rise even more. :p

(Jun. 06, 2016  9:23 PM)Classik Wrote: possible like always.

classic Classik right here bois
(Jun. 06, 2016  9:35 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Sucks you can't come! Was hoping to see your Burst rank rise even more. :p

Smith SOON.
Oh sweet, I can bike to this.

I'll be there, and I'll bring my camera if you guys could use some video help.

Doubt I'll enter the tournament, as I can't really justify buying a passport until I've got a set of my own bey to play with, but I'm more than down for some free play action if I can get something to spin! If you guys need judging help and I'm eligible, then I don't mind helping with that either.
Oh cool! Is it a dslr because Kei always wants the quality to look similar and since i will be recording with a dslr it might be a problem ;p
Yep! Canon Rebel T3.
Cool, i will bring my laptop and external HDD so you can just put your footage on my laptop instead of you uploading and me downloading lol.
Sounds like a plan. I'll bring my tripod as well
(Jun. 09, 2016  7:06 PM)Asterisk Wrote: Sounds like a plan. I'll bring my tripod as well

Awesome, thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing you there!
I really do not want have to say this, but there is a possibility we are going to have to cancel.

@[LMAO], @[U wot m8], @[Classik], @[ICEICE] and @[Hato]: Please, please try to confirm whether you're able to come or not. I'd like to make a decision sometime tonight.
My brother and I will be there but most likely only for the tournament and not the deck rotation trial.
Wink
(Jun. 10, 2016  11:07 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
Wink

Possible, I'd imagine? Tongue_out
Just texted @[Beyonomics] to ask if he'll be able to make it, since he hasn't been online since the 27th and may not know about the event.
Before I forget; have fun at the tournament everybody! Good luck to everyone! I will also not be attending the tournament, but I totally wish I could be with you guys!
(Jun. 11, 2016  2:44 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Before I forget; have fun at the tournament everybody! Good luck to everyone! I will also not be attending the tournament, but I totally wish I could be with you guys!

We'll still be invading your house afterwards. Wink
Beyonomics confirmed with me that he can definitely make it. Smile
(Jun. 11, 2016  4:58 PM)Kei Wrote: Beyonomics confirmed with me that he can definitely make it. Smile

And with that, there is no way we're cancelling. Smile