[Toronto, Ontario, 5/23/15] Team BeyBattle Revolution @ Anime North 2015

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: K6jiajP.png]

SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2015
Anime North 2015 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Haliburton Room - Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel
TEAM LIMITED FORMAT
Limited Format Primer

9AM: Beyblade Free Battle
10:30AM: Registration for TEAM BEYBATTLE REVOLUTION
11AM - TEAM BEYBATTLE REVOLUTION Start

REGISTER NOW

The WBO is proud to announce that we will be partnering with ANIME NORTH 2015 for the eight consecutive year to host Team BeyBattle Revolution, the spiritual successor to Tag BeyBattle Revolution hosted over ten years ago at AN04 by Off the Chain! Team BeyBattle Revolution will make use of the WBO’s brand new Team Format; team up in groups of three and battle it out against Bladers from across North America in a frenzied competition to take home the Triple Crown Face and some fabulous prizes! Whose side will you choose?

What is Team Format?
First announced to great fanfare in 2014 and tested at the pilot event–BEY OR DIE–in Toronto this past September, Team Format is a new experimental format introduced by the WBO for Organized Play whereby Bladers join forces in teams of three as they battle against opposing teams individually in a series of BeyBattles.

Lead by their designated Captains, Team Format battles are comprised of what is known as a “Team BeyBattle”. Team BeyBattles consist of three separate best 3 out of 5 BeyBattles between each team member. In these BeyBattles, every round win counts! After all three BeyBattles have been completed, the winning team of that Team BeyBattle will be determined based on the final total round wins of all three BeyBattles combined! Here’s an example:

Team BeyBattle Example (Click to View)

For more information about Team Format, please read the official announcement thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here!

Looking for team members?
Feel free to discuss that in this tournament thread, but once you have created a team, create a thread in the Team Forum to further discuss any internal team matters there!

Want to participate? Join a Qualifier!
Team BeyBattle Revolution will be open to the public, but if you live in North America, and aren't able to afford the trip up to Toronto? Don't worry! We've got you covered; win one of our qualifier tournaments and you'll win paid travel expenses up to Toronto!

If you think your area can host a qualifier, try putting together a strong Event Proposal backed by confirmations by users posted in the WBO General Forum and we will consider it!

[Image: TthRPxr.png]

The WBO won’t stop at just Team BeyBattle Revolution! In addition to the main event on Saturday May 23rd, the WBO will also be hosting several side events and tournaments on Friday, May 22nd and Sunday, May 24th! Here’s a list of everything we have planned currently:

Friday, May 22nd

Tournament
MFB BeyBattle Revolution

Side Events
BeyStadium Tower
Beyblade Race
Top Plate

Sunday, May 24th

Tournament
HMS BeyBattle Revolution

Side Events
Super Control Beyblades
BeyStadium Tower
Top Plate

More details coming soon!

”Why should I participate in all of these events?!”
Participating in the tournaments will of course enable you to win fabulous prizes, but the Side Events will also offer the opportunity for you to not only earn Credits to redeem for prizes from the Blader Rewards, but Face Boosters of all kinds too!:

Not sure if you should attend?
Take a look at some video from previous years and see what you'd be missing. Wink

View More Video (Click to View)

Entry: You need an AN Pass!
A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible.

To participate in the tournament, you currently have a few options to gain entrance: a) a weekend pass or b) a day pass for Saturday at AN (and Friday/Sunday Passes if you plan attend the other events on those days). Weekend Passes are currently sold out, but you can still purchase Single Day Tickets. We highly recommend that you purchase a ticket ASAP! Saturday Passes have sold out in past years as well, and there is no guarantee that they will be available at the convention itself.

The Anime North weekend has become a yearly tradition so deeply rooted in the history of the WBO. I remember attending for the first time in 2008, with a mixture of both nervousness and excitement swirling around inside me; a nervousness and excitement not necessarily wholly related to Beyblade, but to the impending connections I would make with people I had known online for years.

Eight years later–eight Anime North’s later–memories of these experiences and the people I’ve met from around the world ceaselessly occupy a special place in my mind. BEYBLADE’S NOT DEAD, BEYBLADE WAR ROOM, BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP, BEYBLADE CRUSADE, BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, BEYBLADE REVOLUTION, GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 … Some things just never change. As I always say, our AN events every year are the ultimate embodiment of what the WBO is all about fundamentally: competitive play and interacting with others. You can experience facets of those things through the forums–which is what makes them so great–but competing face to face with someone else potentially from a foreign country, only to smile and laugh with them afterwards is another experience entirely. Team BeyBattle Revolution will bring a whole new dimension to this with the team dynamics being introduced, so it surely is going to be an event for the history books! Don’t miss it.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADE #TEAMBEYBATTLEREV #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Team BeyBattle Revolution, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Kai-V
Dark_Mousy
LMAO
Stormscorpio1
1234beyblade
Honey
UltimateOrion
~Thunder~
kaibaman7869
GrandAquario
Leone7
venemous_cobraa
JesseObre
Juju jinga
Master Rugi
The Sponge
Leone19
Primus
Wombat

Possible Attendees:
Cye Kinomiya
AquilaClassik
UW Officer
sarabscientist
Priscient
pyrus10000
ExtremeBlader3
top beyblader10

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Wow this looks interesting. What has the committee planed this year....
Wow, it's good to hear about another AN event, even though we presently don't have much on TBR. I'll try to buy my weekend pass within the next while; I don't have that much money because of the cosplay I purchased, haha.

By the way, I'm assuming we'll be doing Team Format, hence the ''Whose Side Will You Choose?'' on the banner? Tongue_out
AN, cool.

I'd hope I can make it and see you again. If anything, I'm a maybe.
I knew you were going to do this Kei!
I'm a maybe!
You know I'll be there Wink
I got my pass already, can't wait!
(Feb. 10, 2015  7:59 AM)Packers Wrote: Wow this looks interesting. What has the committee planed this year....

You'll find out soon enough~

(Feb. 10, 2015  1:01 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I'd hope I can make it and see you again. If anything, I'm a maybe.

Me too! It goes without saying but, you won't want to miss it. Wink

(Feb. 10, 2015  1:42 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Calling it now "Team Battle Royale"

wrong

here's my hint: look into the past

(Feb. 11, 2015  12:33 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I knew you were going to do this Kei!

You'd have to be new around here to not know! haha

(Feb. 11, 2015  1:26 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I got my pass already, can't wait!

Really? Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you again.
Something Beyblade Revolution? Wink

I'm hoping I can go, trying to get a pass! Grin
The Beyblade Return? Probably don't even have a chance to come. Unless Indiana has qualifiers...?
(Feb. 11, 2015  1:59 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2015  1:42 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Calling it now "Team Battle Royale"

wrong

here's my hint: look into the past

"To Be Remembered"

This might be a weird question and it's regarding AN more than this tournament but what if I happened to "drop by" without a pass. Is "security" really strict on checking? Again, realistically for like ten minutes - because it's either this weekend in May or the one before it that I will be helping set up a science conference in Toronto.

I don't really want to play in the tournament either so like @_@
Sneaking in always managed to work out for LMAO, but I'm not too sure about how strict security actually is, haha. Tongue_out
(Feb. 11, 2015  9:26 PM)Honey Wrote: Sneaking in always managed to work out for LMAO, but I'm not too sure about how strict security actually is, haha. Tongue_out

Oh haha. Well I'll be honest and say that I won't be staying long nor am I interested in the con itself so buying a pass for the whole day is a bit unreasonable for me. We'll see :-)
I'll be there ;3 i got my ticket on the day they released them XD basically day one ticket hellz ye!
(Feb. 11, 2015  9:19 PM)sarabscientist Wrote: This might be a weird question and it's regarding AN more than this tournament but what if I happened to "drop by" without a pass. Is "security" really strict on checking? Again, realistically for like ten minutes - because it's either this weekend in May or the one before it that I will be helping set up a science conference in Toronto.

I don't really want to play in the tournament either so like @_@

They've only checked passes one year that we've been there: in 2011 (the year in which we had the biggest room and largest attendance) they had a couple guys parked at the door checking passes. It does suck that there's no opportunity to pay a cheaper fee to get into the convention, but I would strongly encourage people to buy a pass; AN provides us with hundreds of dollars in support for prizes, along with the free space for the entire weekend, so they are worth supporting.

You have to play!
Just to inform you all, weekend passes are all sold out as of today. Unhappy

I probably should have bought mines earlier, haha; now I'm going to need to pay 17 dollars for each day.
I'm probably not going to make it to this, but I hope I can make it to the March tournament! Can't wait to see y'all again.
(Feb. 12, 2015  9:34 PM)Kei Wrote: They've only checked passes one year that we've been there: in 2011 (the year in which we had the biggest room and largest attendance) they had a couple guys parked at the door checking passes. It does suck that there's no opportunity to pay a cheaper fee to get into the convention, but I would strongly encourage people to buy a pass; AN provides us with hundreds of dollars in support for prizes, along with the free space for the entire weekend, so they are worth supporting.

You have to play!

When I went in 2012 they checked a couple people. Blitz was the main one. That was the year I got kicked out on Sunday. 3 times...
OP Updated!

So, have you guys got your teams figured out? Grin
Oh man, this will he interesting.
Wow, amazing news! Confirm me for the weekend, please! Grin

Those side events sound really interesting, by the way; hopefully we can get some more news on them!
Carp, my only hope is trying to get a qualifier hosted in Regina. I really want to come, but I don't think i'll be able to make it. Unhappy

EDIT: This was my 100th post. wow.