[Toronto, Ontario, 11/15/15] DIR en BEY : D E U X

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: DIR_en_BEY_DEUX_WBO_Toronto_Beyblade_Tournament.png]

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 11AM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BURST FORMAT

In honour of Dir en Grey's upcoming show in Toronto–the first in two years–we are hosting ... DIR en BEY : D E U X! Toronto Bladers, please join us for this Burst Format tournament on Sunday, November 15th at 11AM in High Park! We might just have a few special guests from Montreal too!

Please make note of the earlier start time: 11AM.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament. This fee helps us to pay for an array of things to support and make the community better: prizes, giveaways, development of new plugins, monthly hosting fees, and more.

Wondering what the event will be like?
Check out this video from our Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene event from this past summer!:

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at our Beyblade Channel In-Depth Review Video covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#DIRENBEY #WBO #BEYBLADE

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to DIR en BEY : D E U X, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Also, if you haven't done so yet, please be sure to sign up on the BeyMap! You can use it to find Bladers around Toronto, and you'll receive updates on upcoming Toronto tournaments via PM.

Attendance List:
Kei
LMAO
u wot m8
Bey Brad (SO CONFIRMED)
Kai-V
The Boss
Hato
1234beyblade
Mitsu
BlasterJoker
Suntailhawk
cadney
1234beyblade's Friend #1
1234beyblade's Friend #2
1234beyblade's Friend #3
1234beyblade's Friend #4

Possible Attendees:
Minion
Amaterios
JesseObre
1234beyblade's Friend #5
originalzankye

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey, heading out in a bit. Should be at High Park by 10:00 or so.

See you all soon!
I will be coming! However, I will be relatively late (about 1:45), so if you guys can't fit me in, it's totally fine. At the very least, I'll still come to hang out for a bit though, Smile

Good luck to everyone! I'm excited to see you all!
Today was extremely fun! Tournament got finished pretty quick, but it was great!

The placers..:
1st: JesseObre
2nd: Bey Brad
3rd: 1234beyblade
4th: Kei

Congrats to @[Bey Brad] for placing for the first time! It was great today, and was fun seeing 1234beyblade's friends, who are some good competition. He trained them well Wink

Everybody did good, and thanks to @[originalzankye] for coming, supplying the prizes and having a giveaway! Thank you for the Blaze Liger Smile

All and all, extremely fun time. The Toronto Squad never fails to make me happy Unsmith
That was awesome, but the concert was way better LOL. Too bad assault completely assaulted me Unhappy rip my bey did get to the ridge fast enough DJ - Sad. anyway cingratulations to @[Bey Brad] for placing, you sure improved Grin cant wait to see you once again in January. Lastly thank you Zankye for once again supplying us with such a generous amount of prizes!
[Image: 7tvLpeU.jpg]
(@[Kai-V] and I are doing our best Kyo impersonations)

Thanks so much to everyone who came out on this beautiful day today! We couldn't have asked for a better day for a tournament in November. Smile Congratulations to Jesse for placing first when he wasn't even planning to play yesterday, and to Bey Brad for finally breaking the top three in a Burst Format event! It was only a matter of time. And to 1234beyblade for being simply great as always.

It was awesome having Kai-V and The Boss in attendance as well. Always great to see you guys! We have to visit Montreal next year for sure.

Even though I ended up outside the top three after going undefeated and then losing my final four matches, I still had a great time! One of the greatest things about these tournaments (among many other things) is that we're riding through the release schedule; the meta is a constantly changing entity, and every time we have a new event during this time there's going to be something new and exciting happening that everyone has to adapt to. It's not something that will ever be possible again in the future to the same degree, so I'm happy we've been able to have Burst events so consistently!

(Nov. 15, 2015  8:02 PM)Hato Wrote: Congrats to @[Bey Brad] for placing for the first time! It was great today, and was fun seeing 1234beyblade's friends, who are some good competition. He trained them well Wink

How soon they forget ...

See you all in December! Mitsu will be hosting sometime in mid-December, so keep an eye out for the thread.
Damn, Kai-V looks intense.
Did ya'll ever get that Committee photo?
Brad suggested it, but we didn't end up doing it for some reason haha. At least we are all in that photo!
Man, we are on our way back to Montréal, and it is too bad because I just took a small one-hour nap after the tournament and now I am actually quite alert. I really wish I could have done that before and not been a zombie during the whole tournament hah. It was fun seeing everybody though and I hope I was not depressing the mood too much.
(Nov. 16, 2015  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Man, we are on our way back to Montréal, and it is too bad because I just took a small one-hour nap after the tournament and now I am actually quite alert. I really wish I could have done that before and not been a zombie during the whole tournament hah. It was fun seeing everybody though and I hope I was not depressing the mood too much.

Always a pleasure to have you, Kai-V! It was so great that we could have the entire committee at one event.

Thanks so much everyone for a great tournament. It was shocking to see the huge repercussions of Odin's arrival; Odin Heavy Defense ran rampant (oops), and there were almost no Wyverns in sight because the thread of attack seemed diminished, a huge change from last month's event.

Odin Heavy Defense is truly fearsome; it crushes both previous stamina mainstay Deathscyther Spread Survive and typically withstands attacks from Valkyrie Heavy Accel without too much trouble, often causing VHA to burst on contact.

That was my experience, at least, when it happened to me. I played Attack most of the day and was happy to see the huge improvement in my shooting technique. Using attack is scary, but you just have to have confidence, commit, and hope for the best. Just need to make sure not to yell anymore.

My choice of Valkyrie Heavy Assault versus 1234beyblade was out of sheer desperation; I didn't have faith that Odin Heavy Defense could outspin his Deathscyther Spread Accel, since his launch is significantly stronger than mine, so I figured my best bet would be to use the fastest, hardest-hitting Beyblade I could build and pray.

Even with Assault's huge speed increase, his Deathscyther Spread Accel often wrapped around the ridge and slammed into me. I didn't win by much, but I did manage to win both times.

And yes, I placed second! I'm so happy – it felt weird to return to the WBO and write so much about Beyblade Burst with my poor tournament performance, so to have performed fairly well against so many great players was really vindicating. :')

Congrats to @[JesseObre] for taking first; I really hope it inspires you to continue playing Beyblade Burst. And to 1234beyblade, Kei, and everyone else who came!
Whoo, lots happened!

Anyways today was different with deux.5! Lots of fun, lots of battles, lots of new people, lots of odins, lots of McDonalds, and bubbletea! Congrats to the placers, and the .5 placers Wink happy to meet Kai-V, The Boss and whoberts friends!

Finally here's Part 1 for The tournament , tomorrow will launch Part 2. Enjoy
Today was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed playing a game from my childhood in a different way with you guys. You guys taught me how fun it is to play beyblade and how much you guys mean to me as a friend. Sadly it's about time I hang the launchers and put away my tackle boxes until June Unhappy I will be a focused with musical theatre and into playing music until then. I will stay active but I will comeback so I hope you guys do well with one less blader until June. You guys still mean a lot to me as a friend and sometimes even like a brother to most of you guys. Thanks for the many tournaments and for the great events. This is the first time i'm saying this on this organization but goodbye to all and se'ya later!

P.s. congrats to the places especially Bey Brad!
Here is the results spreadsheet for Deux Point Five

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0
(Nov. 16, 2015  2:44 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Here is the results spreadsheet for Deux Point Five

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

Haven't had a chance to look through this completely, but I noticed a few errors:

- I did not defeat LMAO in the Round Robin play.
- You have Mitsu vs. LMAO in Round Robin play listed twice.
Cool day yesterday. Insane how we were able to get DIR en BEY: DEUX done in probably less than two hours!

Really we glad we had that second tournament though. I had went 3-6 in our first event (3-1 in my block, 0-5 in the semis Unhappy) but had came back strong and won DEUX.5, so definitely made up for the bad score beforehand, hahahahaha.

Nice seeing you guys again! Nice briefly running in to @[Bey Brad]'s girlfriend too. She's lucky she has ya m8. ;D
Never got to write my report for the tournament yesterday as I was in the hospital for my back, turns out it was just a really bad muscle spasm from a workout I did the day before, feel a lot better now Smile

Anyways, had a really fun time! Congratulations to Jesse, Brad, and Hubert for placing yesterday! I started off as 3-1 in my block, moved on, then ended up 2-3 in the Finals lol rip. Then, in Deux.5, I went 4-5 altogether, as it was a tiebreaker for 3rd between Kei, Pyrus10000 and I, which Kei came out on top! Congratulations to the winners of Deux.5 too! Mostly was excited since 1234beyblade complimented my launch, and said it was just like his on one of my launches Cool

Thanks to [The Boss] and [Kai-V] for coming all the way to the tournament, it was really nice having you guys! Wish I could have chilled with you guys longer Unhappy

Overall, great tournament, look forward to seeing you all again next month, for a Standard tournament!
Tournament was sooo fun thanks for everyone who came and everybody who placed!! Also great thanks for zankye for generously giving prizes once again to the WBO. I was also amazed on winning with borrowing ?. Thanks Brad also giving his prize and now im starting to get back into the meta ???✌
(Nov. 17, 2015  2:09 AM)JesseObre Wrote: Thanks Brad also giving his prize and now im starting to get back into the meta ???✌

I better see you at the next Burst event! Cheers!

BTW guys; it was a bit weird having all the stadiums so far apart, does anyone agree? I feel like I missed seeing most of the action.

Beyblade Burst DIR en BEY : D E U X Tournament WBO Toronto, Ontario, Nov 15th Part 2
(Nov. 17, 2015  2:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: BTW guys; it was a bit weird having all the stadiums so far apart, does anyone agree? I feel like I missed seeing most of the action.

There was literally no other space, all the other parts of the grass were either muddy, on a hill, or already had another stadium there. So we decided to move our stadium to the more flatter land on the other side where it wasn't so crowded.
Thank you for the prizes zankye. Great vids! My purple hair will always be remembered
(Nov. 17, 2015  3:34 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  2:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: BTW guys; it was a bit weird having all the stadiums so far apart, does anyone agree? I feel like I missed seeing most of the action.

There was literally no other space, all the other parts of the grass were either muddy, on a hill, or already had another stadium there. So we decided to move our stadium to the more flatter land on the other side where it wasn't so crowded.

OK, fair enough! More mats would alleviate the issue, though :'D
Thanks so much for getting those videos up so quickly, Zankye! It's great being able to see everything so soon after the event (unlike my videos for Beyblade Channel lol).

also, the whole sequence that starts at 6:48 is hilarious:
"is that ragnaruk?"
"oh my god, is that valkyrie?"
"is that trident?"
"is that amaterios?"
"that's trident"
"is that accel?"
"is that yggdrasil?"
"is that excalibur?"
"is that pyrus?"
"is that a pokemon?"
"what animal is this?"
"hi scott"
"hey scott"

(Nov. 17, 2015  1:30 AM)LMAO Wrote: Never got to write my report for the tournament yesterday as I was in the hospital for my back, turns out it was just a really bad muscle spasm from a workout I did the day before, feel a lot better now Smile

Glad you're OK! Imagine what could have been at DEUX.5 if that hadn't happened before your first match ... haha.

I liked having a bit more room to maneuver, but it was a bit weird I agree. It's better when everyone is together.
From my experience, there is always at least one of the simultaneous matches getting ignored in favour of another one getting a huge crowd. This is basically inevitable whenever you hold two battles at the same time. The space between stadiums really did not worsen the issue that much. At least Zankye's father was bright and divided most of his time filming at the three spots, no matter if the match was gathering the biggest crowd or not.

Thank you again, Zankye, for everything ! Since I was almost always dozing or playing in my block, I have no idea how you fared in your own block, but hopefully you and your father had a great time at the tournament.

Kei, your face cares too much even in that photograph hahah.

@[U wot m8], it is the eternal battle between chemistry and physics, hah. The former definitely produces some of the most amazing demonstrations though.

Amaterios/Classik never came and I had brought the Launcher Grip he wanted to buy ...