[Toronto, Ontario, 11/15/15] DIR en BEY : D E U X

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: DIR_en_BEY_DEUX_WBO_Toronto_Beyblade_Tournament.png]

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 11AM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BURST FORMAT

In honour of Dir en Grey's upcoming show in Toronto–the first in two years–we are hosting ... DIR en BEY : D E U X! Toronto Bladers, please join us for this Burst Format tournament on Sunday, November 15th at 11AM in High Park! We might just have a few special guests from Montreal too!

Please make note of the earlier start time: 11AM.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament. This fee helps us to pay for an array of things to support and make the community better: prizes, giveaways, development of new plugins, monthly hosting fees, and more.

Wondering what the event will be like?
Check out this video from our Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene event from this past summer!:

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at our Beyblade Channel In-Depth Review Video covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#DIRENBEY #WBO #BEYBLADE

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to DIR en BEY : D E U X, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Also, if you haven't done so yet, please be sure to sign up on the BeyMap! You can use it to find Bladers around Toronto, and you'll receive updates on upcoming Toronto tournaments via PM.

Attendance List:
Kei
LMAO
u wot m8
Bey Brad (SO CONFIRMED)
Kai-V
The Boss
Hato
1234beyblade
Mitsu
BlasterJoker
Suntailhawk
cadney
1234beyblade's Friend #1
1234beyblade's Friend #2
1234beyblade's Friend #3
1234beyblade's Friend #4

Possible Attendees:
Minion
Amaterios
JesseObre
1234beyblade's Friend #5
originalzankye

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

That logo is amazing!

My brother and I are confirmed Cool
SO CONFIRMED
(Oct. 27, 2015  3:56 AM)LMAO Wrote: That logo is amazing!

Thank you! Smile

(Oct. 27, 2015  4:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: SO CONFIRMED

Kei Wrote:Attendance List:
Kei
LMAO
u wot m8
Bey Brad (SO CONFIRMED)
Yessss.

BTW, MATS AND WET CLOTHS ARE MANDATORY THIS TIME.

Also, can we consider moving it like ... maybe somewhere where there's more grass and less dirt?
(Oct. 27, 2015  4:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yessss.

BTW, MATS AND WET CLOTHS ARE MANDATORY THIS TIME.

Also, can we consider moving it like ... maybe somewhere where there's more grass and less dirt?

Yes, for sure haha. If anyone has some mats already, or some wet cloths they can bring let us know here. I will see what I can do myself, though. What's the best place to get those mats, Brad?

Yeah, we can look around for somewhere with less dirt. It's weird though, I don't remember the dirt being as much of a problem in August as it was at the last event.
You remember wrong, because it was horrible in August too. Everyone's hands were covered in filth by the end of it. I poured Purell on some toilet paper and brought it to my friends.
(Oct. 27, 2015  4:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You remember wrong, because it was horrible in August too. Everyone's hands were covered in filth by the end of it. I poured Purell on some toilet paper and brought it to my friends.

Chief - Sigh ...

Well, we'll make sure the conditions are better this time! Smile
wait why does this start at 11 AM? are you trying to kill me?
Probably because we have to leave before Monday and who knows how long Kei will take, hah. You also asked me to be there at eleven litterally a day ago, so what changes hah.

I look forward to anyone pronouncing "deux".
(Oct. 27, 2015  4:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Probably because we have to leave before Monday and who knows how long Kei will take, hah. You also asked me to be there at eleven litterally a day ago, so what changes hah.

But 11 was an hour early! If I want to be there "on-time" I need to be there by like 10:30 latest. lol
Is there still grass in november?!?!
Confirm me! Grin

(Oct. 27, 2015  4:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I look forward to anyone pronouncing "deux".

I'll take you up on that offer Cool
I'll obviously be there ;3
I'll be there. Smile
I can't make it to DeG, prior obligations that night but I'll try to make it out for this if I'm awake in time.
I've got a small collection of parts now Smile
Guess Im a possible? Ill try to make it Wink!
I'm in

(Oct. 27, 2015  4:48 AM)The Boss Wrote: Is there still grass in november?!?!

There should be. Snow doesn't come in till the 3rd week of November

(Oct. 27, 2015  4:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You remember wrong, because it was horrible in August too. Everyone's hands were covered in filth by the end of it. I poured Purell on some toilet paper and brought it to my friends.

Lysol also works
(Oct. 27, 2015  4:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: wait why does this start at 11 AM? are you trying to kill me?

I did it for you guys! Wasn't sure when you'd have to leave. So I figured we should try to get things started earlier ...

(Oct. 27, 2015  4:48 AM)The Boss Wrote: Is there still grass in november?!?!

lol

(Oct. 28, 2015  1:56 AM)Minion Wrote: I can't make it to DeG, prior obligations that night but I'll try to make it out for this if I'm awake in time.
I've got a small collection of parts now Smile

Won't be a problem if you're a little late as long as you confirm with me that you'll be there at a reasonable time after 11. Just need to be able to plan the blocks and such properly, and I need a concrete participants number for that.

Woo!
Possible
Hey LMAO, can you post an ad on Kijiji for this event?
(Nov. 01, 2015  2:07 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey LMAO, can you post an ad on Kijiji for this event?

Gotchu boi

Considering us getting about 15 people out today for a Limited event, I hope we see like 20 at this event!
It definitely seems like an attainable goal, if our recent events are any indication!

Would be great if you could post the ad now, and then delete/repost it once or twice during the lead up to the event so that it gets bumped to the top of results on Kijiji.
I can't make it to the tournament but I'll see y'all at the concert Cool