[Toronto, Ontario, 10/18/15] ZANKYE 100K: Beyblade Burst Tournament & Celebration

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: XpjOsYQ.png]
ZANKYE 100K
Beyblade Burst Tournament & Celebration

Sponsored by Zankye

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18, 12PM
Side Event: 11:30AM + After Tournament
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

BURST FORMAT

In just four short years, Zankye has become one of Youtube's most popular channels for Beyblade. His dedication to producing new content, travelling across the globe to meet fellow Bladers, giving away hundreds of Beyblades to his fans, and affiliating with the WBO has helped to earn him a loyal following that will soon be reaching over 100,000 subscribers around the world!

World Bladers, join us on October 11th at High Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to celebrate this impressive milestone with Zankye himself! This will also likely be the first ever ranked Burst Format event, so the competition is sure to be fierce! And the prizes, sponsored by Zankye might just be even better.

Beyblade Burst Prizes: Sponsored by Zankye!
As a part of the celebrations, Zankye has graciously offered to donate several prizes for the winners of the event! Prizes include, but may not be limited to:

Tournament Prizes
  • WBBA Gold Light Launcher
  • WBBA Silver Light Launcher
  • WBBA Bronze Light Launcher
  • B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type x2
  • B-01 DX Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel
  • B-14 Starter Wyvern Armed Massive
  • B-07 Booster Kerbeus Wing Fusion
  • B-16 BeyLauncher
  • BB-28 Storm Pegasus 105RF
  • BB-30 Rock Leone 145WB
  • BB-59 Burn Fireblaze 135MS

In addition to this, there will of course also be Faces, Credits, and BeyPoints available at this event!

Side Event: Beyblade Burst vs. All Generations
There's more than one way to win! In addition to the tournament itself, we will also be hosting a special side event: Beyblade Burst vs. All Generations! How will it work?

1st Stage: vs. ~mystery Blader~ using Old Generations
The first stage of this side event will task Bladers with using a Beyblade Burst customization to defeat a ~mystery Beyblade~ wielded by ~mystery Blader~ from each previous generation of Beyblade: Plastics, HMS, and MFB. If the Blader can defeat all three Beyblades consecutively in single rounds, they move on to the second and final stage.

2nd Stage: vs. Zankye using Beyblade Burst
In the second stage, Bladers will be put up against Zankye wielding a Beyblade Burst customization. If the Blader who makes it this far can defeat Zankye in a best 3/5 BeyBattle, they will win a Beyblade Burst prize!

All battles will take place in the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type.

Side Event Prizes
  • B-03 Starter Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
  • B-11 Launcher Grip
  • B-12 Starter DeathSizer Oval Accel
  • B-16 BeyLauncher
  • BB-43 Lightning L Drago 100HF
  • BB-59 Burn Fireblaze 135MS
  • BB-70 Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F
  • BB-104 Twisted Tempo 145WD x2
  • BB-88 Meteo L Drago LW105LF

Participants Random Giveaway
It doesn't end there! All participants will also be entered into a draw for the following prizes. There will be four winners:
  • B-05 Booster Spriggan Heavy Defence
  • B-06 Booster Ragnaruk Central Accel
  • BB-70 Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F
  • BB-88 Meteo L Drago LW105LF

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to Zankye on Youtube!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | Zankye

Spread the word!
#ZANKYE100K #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to ZANKYE 100K, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
originalzankye
LMAO
1234beyblade
U wot m8
Bey Brad
Wally.web
Hato
Doginmylense
Voldie
Mitsu
Suntailhawk
Wetsnot
Drysnot
BlasterJoker
BeybladeA135
beybladeO135
Beyonomics

Possible Attendees:
UltimateOrion
DJ ALPHA
BBunleashed101
JesseObre
Classik
pyrus10000
Kijiji blader #1
Kijiji blader #2
DUO URANUS 7
GODJESUS
BAWB18
xleone

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Since the Polish tradition is quite different than the Canadian tradition I possibly might not be able to attend... at worse... but I can probably just go but my mom and dad will probably be very mad at me, which is not very pleasant haha...
(Sep. 25, 2015  1:01 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Since the Polish tradition is quite different than the Canadian tradition I possibly might not be able to attend... at worse... but I can probably just go but my mom and dad will probably be very mad at me, which is not very pleasant haha...

Ah, what is the Polish tradition ?

Also, I fixed the date in your post, Kei : Saturday would be October 10th, not 11th.
Yo, I got tagged each time you edited that post and I guess everyone else did as well.

For me, if it's on that weekend at all I probably can't make it. But I don't think that should be a major factor in deciding the date for this event. Unhappy
If people are unavailable that weekend and the weekend after, why not just move it to the week before? It seems like the best option for everyone at this point, since most people can't make it the weekend of Thanksgiving. Zankye will be out of town the week following, so what about October 4th?

Also, I'm available for literally any date Smile
(Sep. 25, 2015  7:07 AM)Kei Wrote: POTENTIAL DATE CHANGE: Attendees, we need your opinion!
@[Bey Brad], @[LMAO], @[1234beyblade], @[U wot m8], @[Wally.web], @[Hato], @[Doginmylense], @[Voldie], @[Priscient], @[Mitsu], @[Suntailhawk], @[Lani], @[BlasterJoker], @[DJ ALPHA], @[BBunleashed101], @[JesseObre], @[Classik], @[pyrus10000], @[DUO URANUS 7], @[Leone 7], @[BAWB18], @[xleone]

Hey everyone. Brad recently brought it to my attention that this tournament will actually be falling on the day before Thanksgiving. Because I know many people celebrate Thanksgiving on this day, I'm a little worried that some of you will have to drop out of attending because of that. I'm not sure if anyone has realized this or not, since I don't believe anyone else has mentioned it yet.

Nevertheless, I'd like to ask: if we moved the tournament date back one day to Saturday, October 10th, would it affect your ability to attend?

Please post here ASAP because @[originalzankye] wants to announce the event on his channel in a livestream this weekend. So, we need to make a decision quickly. Thanks everyone!

I am fine for both Oct 10 and 11.

If it comes down to it. I am down for Oct 4 as well
I would be down for October 4th (would have a high possible chance), and I'd be a maybe for October 10th. I'll confirm later. Smile
I'd much rather not do it on the 10th, personally. I'm generally never able to go unless tournaments are on Sundays. October 4th would be perfect for me, though. How do you guys feel about that instead?
Ah, man I won't have my bursts by October 4th, all of mine are worn due to testing for the WUBO... And i honestly do not know what's up with the polish tradition... it's all over the place and since i'm not that religious i kinda forget every year haha. But usually Polish people celebrate occasions like these for a longer amount... For me October 10th/17th/18th would be fine... (To answer matso, I would actually hate it if it was on the 4th.)
(Sep. 25, 2015  10:04 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: (To answer matso, I would actually hate it if it was on the 4th.)

But you would still come Wink

Zankye won't be able to come if it is on the 17/18 and everyone is busy on the 10th with Thanksgiving, October 4th seems ideal.
I won't be able to go
Yeah, October 4th could be an option too. Everyone, if you haven't already please let me know what your availability would be like for any of these dates: October 4th, 10th, or the current date, October 11th.

1234beyblade, if you don't have any of your new Burst by the 4th if that's when it ends up happening, I'm sure everyone would be willing to lend you some when you need them during the event. Smile
No guarantees from me but the 4th is easier than the 10th or 11th.
October 4th is not that convenient for us, we didn't realize that we had a few things already schedule for that weekend. The good news is that we postponed what we had to do on the weekend of 18th, so 10, 11 and 18 are good dates for us, sorry for the inconvenience, and 18th is closer for us for our goal of 100k that now shows October 26th , but with all the burst stuff and the videos that we are preparing could be a bit earlier .
18th would be A-OK for me!
I could do the 18th.. Smile
(Sep. 25, 2015  7:07 AM)Kei Wrote: POTENTIAL DATE CHANGE: Attendees, we need your opinion!
@[Bey Brad], @[LMAO], @[1234beyblade], @[U wot m8], @[Wally.web], @[Hato], @[Doginmylense], @[Voldie], @[Priscient], @[Mitsu], @[Suntailhawk], @[Lani], @[BlasterJoker], @[DJ ALPHA], @[BBunleashed101], @[JesseObre], @[Classik], @[pyrus10000], @[DUO URANUS 7], @[Leone 7], @[BAWB18], @[xleone]

Hey everyone. Brad recently brought it to my attention that this tournament will actually be falling on the day before Thanksgiving. Because I know many people celebrate Thanksgiving on this day, I'm a little worried that some of you will have to drop out of attending because of that. I'm not sure if anyone has realized this or not, since I don't believe anyone else has mentioned it yet.

Nevertheless, I'd like to ask: if we moved the tournament date back oneday to Saturday, October 10th, would it affect your ability to attend?

Please post here ASAP because @[originalzankye] wants to announce the event on his channel in a livestream this weekend. So, we need to make a decision quickly. Thanks everyone!

I think the 18 would be a pretty good time.
Okay, cool. Is everyone OK with the 18th?
Im alright with the 18th Wink
Can we just add a poll to the OP?

I'm fine with the 18th, so is my brother Smile
You guys will have to have fun without me. Unhappy
I have a mandatory CPR-C and AED Training for school that day. (18th)
The 18th is fine by me. Smile

(Sep. 26, 2015  7:26 PM)Priscient Wrote: You guys will have to have fun without me. Unhappy

nooooooooo rip
(Sep. 26, 2015  7:26 PM)Priscient Wrote: You guys will have to have fun without me. Unhappy

DJ - Sad.

I hate to say it, but we're going to have to go with the 18th since everyone else seems OK with it ... You'll have to try and come out to our next Burst tournament after this one soon!

EVENT DATE CHANGE: Sunday, October 18th, 2015
@[Bey Brad], @[LMAO], @[1234beyblade], @[U wot m8], @[Wally.web], @[Hato], @[Doginmylense], @[Voldie], @[Priscient], @[Suntailhawk], @[Lani], @[BlasterJoker], @[DJ ALPHA], @[BBunleashed101], @[JesseObre], @[Classik], @[pyrus10000], @[DUO URANUS 7], @[Leone 7], @[BAWB18], @[xleone], @[originalzankye]

The date for this event has now officially been moved back one week to Sunday, October 18th, 2015 instead of October 11th. The location and time remain the same. @[Mitsu], can you post an update on the WBO Facebook when you get a chance announcing this change?
David I was looking forward to seeing you again Unhappy

I'll go and update the Kijiji event as well.
Kei Wrote:The date for this event has now officially been moved back one week to Sunday, October 18th, 2015 instead of October 11th. The location and time remain the same. @[Mitsu], can you post an update on the WBO Facebook when you get a chance announcing this change?

Post made! https://www.facebook.com/WorldBeybladeOr...58/?type=3 :D
My nephew would like to join in your tournament on the 18th. He only started playing about a month ago. I hope it's ok...he is only 5 years old.

Thanks.