[Toronto, Ontario 04/06/14] - Beys of Glory 2 and A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth!

on
Hosted by
  LMAO
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: jgZh9Cf.jpg]

Beys of Glory 2 &
A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth

Sunday, April 6th, 12PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Standard and Limited format

After missing the last few month's tournaments due to weather and venue issues, we're back! In the past, Toronto's spring tournaments have been proven to attract many bladers, so be ready to battle! I will be hosting the Standard format tournament (Beys of Glory 2) whilst Pockyx3 will hold the Limited format tournament (The Month of Rebirth)! Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport for $10 if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 if you plan on only attending The Month of Rebirth. However, if you wish to join both tournaments without purchasing the passport for some reason, it will cost $10.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. In case you guys haven't been to our regular tournaments, here are some visual directions.

Format: We will be using both Standard format and Limited format for this tournament.

Time: The Limited tournament (Beys of Glory 2) will start at approximately 12 PM, while the Standard tournament (A Year: The Month of Rebirth) will start at approximately 2-3 PM.

Side Note: Guys, please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and I'm not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up to me or one of the other judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

We're keeping Toronto's bey-spirit alive, your support thus far is appreciated! Let's keep this up guys! If you wish to attend please post below, I'll start gathering an attendance list.

Confirmed for Limited:

-LMAO
-Kei
-Pockyx3
-The Sponge
-OrionBlade
-4 Kijiji kids

Possible for Limited:

-Max88183
-bladeryBoB66
-1234beyblade
-pyrus10000
-JesseObre
-Midnight
-2 Kijiji kids
-theunderdog
-SideofPReach
-Pyro

Confirmed for Standard:

-Pockyx3
-LMAO
-Kei
-The Sponge
-OrionBlade
-4 Kijiji Kids
-theunderdog

Possible for Standard:

-bladeryBoB66
-1234beyblade
-pyrus10000
-JesseObre
-Midnight
-2 Kijiji kids

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Due to school, I won't be able to attend this tournament, so yeah. Good luck to everyone though! Hope you guys have a great tournament, Joyful_3
(Mar. 29, 2014  1:31 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Due to school, I won't be able to attend this tournament, so yeah. Good luck to everyone though! Hope you guys have a great tournament, Joyful_3
I won't be attending either. I would of loved to see all of you once more.

Good luck everyone! Smile
Aww man, I was really counting on you guys to come today! It's alright though, hopefully we still get a lot of people for the tournament. Hope to see you guys next tournament!

I have the prizes ready to go, so I'll see you all in about 2 hours!
(Mar. 29, 2014  2:32 PM)LMAO Wrote: Hopefully we still get a lot of people for the tournament.
That shouldn't be a worry. You have a couple of unregistered kids from Kijiji, right?
(Mar. 29, 2014  3:05 PM)Midnìght Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  2:32 PM)LMAO Wrote: Hopefully we still get a lot of people for the tournament.
That shouldn't be a worry. You have a couple of unregistered kids from Kijiji, right?

Yup, I just hope that they don't flop aha.

Leaving my house now, see ya'll there!
sorry everyone, but i will not be attending this ternamentUnhappy, but do you know if there is any toronto ternaments in april going to happen? if there is, i might go, and would anybody be videotaping the two ternaments today or one?
(Mar. 29, 2014  1:56 PM)Midnìght Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  1:31 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Due to school, I won't be able to attend this tournament, so yeah. Good luck to everyone though! Hope you guys have a great tournament, Joyful_3

(Mar. 29, 2014  4:03 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: sorry everyone, but i will not be attending this ternamentUnhappy, but do you know if there is any toronto ternaments in april going to happen? if there is, i might go, and would anybody be videotaping the two ternaments today or one?

Sucks that all three of you are busy today Unhappy

We'll definitely be having tournaments in April. I might shoot some video today.
(Mar. 29, 2014  4:07 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  1:56 PM)Midnìght Wrote:

(Mar. 29, 2014  4:03 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: sorry everyone, but i will not be attending this ternamentUnhappy, but do you know if there is any toronto ternaments in april going to happen? if there is, i might go, and would anybody be videotaping the two ternaments today or one?

Sucks that all three of you are busy today Unhappy

We'll definitely be having tournaments in April. I might shoot some video today.
It's pretty terrible. School just gets in the way of lots.

Hopefully you guys get enough attendees to play. It be great if you were to have enough to do a block round robin. But that shouldn't be a worry.

Good luck everyone! Smile

Everyone knows OrionBlade will become victorious though.
Leaving now!

(Mar. 29, 2014  4:20 PM)Midnìght Wrote: It's pretty terrible. School just gets in the way of lots.

Even on Saturdays? That is terrible.
good luck at the tournament today guys!Wink
(Mar. 29, 2014  4:39 PM)Kei Wrote: Leaving now!

(Mar. 29, 2014  4:20 PM)Midnìght Wrote: It's pretty terrible. School just gets in the way of lots.

Even on Saturdays? That is terrible.
Nope, haha. I just have a ton of homework. I usually get it done on Saturdays. I would of been confirmed if it was on Sunday.
Hey guys, we ended up not having enough people so we are going to reschedule this until tomorrow at 2PM. Please post if you can make it! Hopefully all of you guys who were busy today will be free. We're just going to do Limited tomorrow.

Here is who we have confirmed/possible tomorrow after checking/phoning people right now:

Confirmed Attendees:
LMAO
The Sponge
Kei
Pockyx3
Midnight
Kijiji Kid
Suntailhawk

Possible Attendees:
JesseObre
Pyro
theunderdog
(Mar. 29, 2014  5:55 PM)Kei Wrote: Hey guys, we ended up not having enough people so we are going to reschedule this until tomorrow at 2PM. Please post if you can make it! Hopefully all of you guys who were busy today will be free. We're just going to do Limited tomorrow.

Here is who we have confirmed/possible tomorrow after checking/phoning people right now:

Confirmed Attendees:
LMAO
The Sponge
Kei
Pockyx3
Midnight
Kijiji Kid

Possible Attendees:
JesseObre
Pyro
That's sad. I'm going to call my dad in a while. I'll hopefully come.

Who didn't end up making it?
You, pyrus, bladery, Jesse, and Pyro (for the first tournament, he could have made it to the second). We wish we had known ahead of time so that we could have rescheduled beforehand ...

But we're certain we'll have enough for tomorrow if even a few of you guys who cancelled could make it. If the kid from Kijiji hadn't of left earlier we could have had enough for today by getting his mother to play.
(Mar. 29, 2014  6:22 PM)Kei Wrote: You, pyrus, bladery, Jesse, and Pyro (for the first tournament, he could have made it to the second). We wish we had known ahead of time so that we could have rescheduled beforehand ...

But we're certain we'll have enough for tomorrow if even a few of you guys who cancelled could make it. If the kid from Kijiji hadn't of left earlier we could have had enough for today by getting his mother to play.
Oh, so Jesse didn't even make it. That's surprising. Then again, he did ask to be possible, haha.

I'd definitely prefer next Sunday though.
ya, i think it would be better to put this ternament on next sunday or saturday, so then it's not late notice, putting it for torromow is kind of a bit late notice no offenseConfused So yeah, this ternament should be on next sunday or saturday, not trying to order things around, i'm just sayingTongue_out
We're doing a "fake" tournament right now with six people. Smile

bladery: We might do it then instead, but we are still aiming for tomorrow right now. Please see if you can make it! You guys just posted this morning that you wouldn't be able to make it, so as far as we know you were still possible for this weekend until this morning. Hopefully the "late notice" for this isn't a huge deal because of that.
(Mar. 29, 2014  6:53 PM)Kei Wrote: We're doing a "fake" tournament right now with six people. Smile

bladery: We might do it then instead, but we are still aiming for tomorrow right now. Please see if you can make it! You guys just posted this morning that you wouldn't be able to make it, so as far as we know you were still possible for this weekend until this morning. Hopefully the "late notice" for this isn't a huge deal because of that.
I might not make it. If I do, I'll see if Max88183 can come.
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:09 PM)Midnìght Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  6:53 PM)Kei Wrote: We're doing a "fake" tournament right now with six people. Smile

Alright. Try and find out for sure if you're free as soon as possible. We'll make a decision about this tonight based on the amount of confirmed attendees we have. If Max88183 can make it, get him to post too. Thanks!
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:32 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:09 PM)Midnìght Wrote:

Alright. Try and find out for sure if you're free as soon as possible. We'll make a decision about this tonight based on the amount of confirmed attendees we have. If Max88183 can make it, get him to post too. Thanks!
He can't make it. Sorry!

I'll try to convince my dad, but I'd want to see a bigger attendee list before hand. I don't want him to drive me, then realize we didn't get eight attendees. I'd be perfect with next week. It would also be a safer idea as well.

Oh yeah, has anyone heard from Wally.web?
Suntailhawk just confirmed for tomorrow.
i can't come torromow, sorry guysUnhappy
Because I know you're all dying to hear the results from our fake tournament, here you go:

1st: Kei - MF Omega Pegasis III 90RF / MF-H Libra (Third Mold) 85RB / Duo Cygnus W145EWD
2nd: Pockyx3 - Libra R145RSF / Libra AD145WD / Pegasis H145RF
3rd: The Sponge - Libra GB145D / Libra GB145RSF / Pegasis 130RF

Obviously, take these results with a grain of salt because a) this was unofficial as there was only six Bladers and b) we weren't being completely serious throughout the tournament. But there was a lotttt of Libra ...

I didn't particularly like Omega on 90 because it starts scraping too early if you don't KO your opponent, and even if they are an Attack type, you'll probably lose because of that (and I did on a few occasions). Maybe 100 would be better.

Anyways, just to remind everyone once again: we are going to reschedule this until tomorrow at 2PM at High Park (same location). We'll be doing just Limited Format. However, first we want to have at least eight confirmed people tonight so that we don't waste our time going over to the park again. Post if you can make it!

Confirmed Attendees:
LMAO
The Sponge
Kei
Pockyx3
Kijiji Kid
Suntailhawk
SideOfPReach

Possible Attendees:
Pyro
theunderdog

Pyro may be able to make it, but he has to get to work at 3:30 so we would have to go through his matches quickly. JesseObre will know later tonight if he's going to be free or not, but he wants to come. theunderdog said today that he's "75% sure" he can come again tomorrow; he'll hopefully know for sure later tonight.
SideOfPReach is confirmed for tomorrow.
I won't be making this one. Have fun guys, best of luck to everyone! Smile