Tornado Discussion

Just to prove that it isn't good. Close this if it isn't needed.

MF Tornado Herculeo 85R²F VS MF-H Earth Aquario GB145CS
Standard Procedures
Tornado Win Rate - 45% (9KOs)

I'll test on higher tracks when I get home, but 45% win rate against Earth is really not good.
(May. 30, 2011  5:29 AM)Mr. N Wrote: I'll test on higher tracks when I get home, but 45% win rate against Earth is really not good.

IMO the fact that it is right spin is actually good, IIRC most right spin attackers get around 10-30% vs CS/RSF/RS

nice tests
True enough. Obtaining 45% from Earth isn't good. I know how this will par against Basalt...FAIL!
EDIT: Hmm...I don't know about you but MF Pegasis 145RF, MF Hell Kerbecs BD145RF (Boost Mode) and MF Gravity Perseus D125RF (Right Spin, Counter mode) does get higher than 10-30% in my tests. And these are even in the balance stadium which does bring out the full potential of attack types.
EDIT: I mean does not bring out the full potential of attack types.
(May. 30, 2011  5:39 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: IMO the fact that it is right spin is actually good, IIRC most right spin attackers get around 10-30% vs CS/RSF/RS

nice tests

Have you seen the Beat Lynx topic? It gets much greater results.

(May. 30, 2011  5:42 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: EDIT: Hmm...I don't know about you but MF Pegasis 145RF, MF Hell Kerbecs BD145RF (Boost Mode) and MF Gravity Perseus D125RF (Right Spin, Counter mode) does get higher than 10-30% in my tests. And these are even in the balance stadium which does bring out the full potential of attack types.

Hmm. I think the lack of a tornado ridge in the Balance Stadium leads to more self KOs. Please tell me how it brings out the "full potential of attack types".
(May. 30, 2011  5:52 AM)Hero Wrote:
(May. 30, 2011  5:39 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: IMO the fact that it is right spin is actually good, IIRC most right spin attackers get around 10-30% vs CS/RSF/RS

nice tests

Have you seen the Beat Lynx topic? It gets much greater results.

i meant all right spinners before the maximum series, sorry for not specifying
(May. 30, 2011  5:54 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i meant all right spinners before the maximum series, sorry for not specifying

Why would you only want to compare this to pre-maximum series beyblades? That isn't helpful to understanding the current metagame.

I think it is safe to say that although Tornado shows some potential it is outclassed by all left-spin beyblades, Beat, and Fang Leone.
(May. 30, 2011  6:06 AM)Hero Wrote:
(May. 30, 2011  5:54 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i meant all right spinners before the maximum series, sorry for not specifying

Why would you only want to compare this to pre-maximum series beyblades? That isn't helpful to understanding the current metagame.

well he tested it vs a combo used before the maximum so i was comparing to combos from when MF-H Earth Aquario GB145CS was used

also i could be talking about it for this metagame/format: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...at-testing
Sorry for that Hero. I meant does not. I'll edit it now.
That's not that terrible. Mediocre wheel like I thought, not bad as such just outclassed. I think this should be tested against Basalt though where it will most likely be an epic fail.

Hero plenty of pre maximum wheel are still good so what you said means nothing...
I was examining Tornado the other day and I noticed that Pisces/Horogium would expose it's smash points better. It probably won't help the results that much though.
Tornado isn't really that good, from my own usage.
Remember, this thing is basically competing with Vulcan for pre-Maximum/4D right spin smash wheels, and that's not something it's going to win.
That said, that's actually not that bad a result, I'm quite surprised. It's still totally useless competitively, but yeah.
Seriously, we only tested it on 85, we need to try it on other heights, right?
Eh,I have seen Fyuuor make a video on Tornado,not sure yet though.I seen that a year ago.In his video,Tornado does good.
Yeah, against MF Earth Aquario GB145WB, I think. I'm going to test Horogium tommorrow or something, since I noticed that Tornado also uses Upper Smash. (correct me if I'm wrong) It's also just 2 grams lighter than Screw, or something like that. I don't know what difference that will make.
Yeah, supposedly it should be using upper smash (definitely not upper attack, angles are wrong, slopes are short, etc etc). 2g however is quite a noticeable difference, and the closer spacing of contact areas is detrimental to it's performance. The former means you want to use a metal face, the latter means it's probably not gonna be that great. If I manage to pack my TT Attack when I go on holidays, I'll play around and note down my thoughts etc, at various heights and whatnot, but yeah, it's quite an outclassed wheel. Anything stronger than Earth will destroy it, as will RS, RSF, and probably CS. Uncertain
For the proposed second metagame, it could find some use, but Screw, Vulcan, Gravity, Lightning, Pre-HWS L Drago, Meteo, Pegasis, and possible pre-hws leone and saggitario are probably going to be better options. Uncertain