Beyblade: Rebirth! Format testing

Ok, since the thread I made about needing another format obtained some results, it is now time to test in order to understand how the format should be created.

Let's start from the basic idea I had:
Only parts released BEFORE the maximum series are allowed.
What we should test/debate:
Libra metal wheel: is it like basalt in this format? I don't think so but let's test to be sure.
Killer Beafowl: I'ts a maximum, but it seems that it wouldn't have such an impavt on this metagame.
Screw Capricorne: Same as beafowl, but Screw is something to worry about way more than killer beafowl.
- will add things based on people thoughts
The Libra wheel would definitely be like Basalt in this meta-game. In the balanced meta-game [The previous one] Libra was banned, and I think it should be banned here too.

Can Big Bang Pegasis and Fang Leone stay in this meta-game ? Also, can we use Lightning ? I have a feeling people will start using old top-tier combo's in this metagame.
(May. 05, 2011  5:27 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: Ok, since the thread I made about needing another format obtained some results, it is now time to test in order to understand how the format should be created.

Let's start from the basic idea I had:
Only parts released BEFORE the maximum series are allowed.
What we should test/debate:
Libra metal wheel: is it like basalt in this format? I don't think so but let's test to be sure.
Killer Beafowl: I'ts a maximum, but it seems that it wouldn't have such an impavt on this metagame.
Screw Capricorne: Same as beafowl, but Screw is something to worry about way more than killer beafowl.
- will add things based on people thoughts
Libra isn't as good as basalt i think its safe to keep it unbanned in this format .
With the realesed of beat lynx comes TH170 . The third height enables it to go to 220. Almost as high as 230 . I think in this format it should be banned as undoubtly be very similar performancewise
MB should also be banned considering it is still a very dangerous game breaking part.
Yes screw should be kept unbanned. gravity persues D125B is going to be a fine combo not so much gamebreaking which i think is why. We still need some fun ight ?
for libra, from the tests i have seen, when used in a second format/tier defence combo (example: MF-H libra GB145RS) it is about the same as earth in the same combo

i was thinking that for the second format not be "before maximum" but more of "before hell and basalt" as screw capricorn and Killer Beafowl aren't super game changing

so basically i would personally call the first format/tier "over powered parts era"

230 should be allowed as all you need to do is put your attacker/stamina combo on a 145 height to win

edit: if you like i will post my version of what the second format/tier list would look like
(May. 05, 2011  5:33 PM)poseidon Wrote: Libra isn't as good as basalt i think its safe to keep it unbanned in this format .
With the realesed of beat lynx comes TH170 . The third height enables it to go to 220. Almost as high as 230 . I think in this format it should be banned as undoubtly be very similar performancewise
MB should also be banned considering it is still a very dangerous game breaking part.
Yes screw should be kept unbanned. gravity persues D125B is going to be a fine combo not so much gamebreaking which i think is why. We still need some fun ight ?

Libra was banned previously, and then recently unbanned. Libra was banned because the game at that time completely revolved around Libra. Thus, it was banned. I have a feeling something similar will happen here too, if we leave it unbanned.

Beyblade's after the Maximum series will be banned, Beat Lynx included.

MB was considered useless until Basalt came around, there's no Basalt here. So it's not a 'very dangerous game breaking part.'

(May. 05, 2011  5:33 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i was thinking that for the second format not be "before maximum" but more of "before hell and basalt" as screw capricorn and Killer Beafowl aren't super game changing

I was actually thinking of neither, I thought it would consist of none of the over-powered parts. Besides, in the OP he stated that Screw Capricorne 90MF and Killer Beafowl UW145EWD are allowed here as they are not really game changing parts.
(May. 05, 2011  5:42 PM)Electric Wrote: Beyblade's after the Maximum series will be banned, Beat Lynx included.

i do not think all after the maximum should be banned from the second format, as i view the first format just for overpowered parts, some parts after the maximum might not be overpowered

(May. 05, 2011  5:42 PM)Electric Wrote:
(May. 05, 2011  5:33 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i was thinking that for the second format not be "before maximum" but more of "before hell and basalt" as screw capricorn and Killer Beafowl aren't super game changing

I was actually thinking of neither, I thought it would consist of none of the over-powered parts. Besides, in the OP he stated that Screw Capricorne 90MF and Killer Beafowl UW145EWD are allowed here as they are not really game changing parts.
i know that, and i am thinking the same thing, i was just stating that ii agree with that part of the OP
I said the exact same thing in my post...
(May. 05, 2011  5:46 PM)Electric Wrote: I said the exact same thing in my post...

you edited while i was making my post Speechless with that in

(May. 05, 2011  5:42 PM)Electric Wrote: Libra was banned previously, and then recently unbanned. Libra was banned because the game at that time completely revolved around Libra. Thus, it was banned. I have a feeling something similar will happen here too, if we leave it unbanned.

(May. 05, 2011  5:33 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: for libra, from the tests i have seen, when used in a second format/tier defence combo (example: MF-H libra GB145RS) it is about the same as earth in the same combo

libra does not need to be banned

anyways, i think there should also be a third format/list having WB and RS in the same list, RS is the one used, having a third weaker list will help more parts be used
i don't really agree about 230, and here's my point:
230 makes low attackers useless alone. and even low staminas.
Assuming that a good player will not play a combo that has an auto loss to something, 230 alone cuts a part of the metagame off.
Furthermore, if 230 is allowed, there will be some matchups that even the best player will not be able to handle,
and do we want a format where luck matters this much?
If you're playing a tall attack against a low attack against someone who knows well ATK vs ATK matchup, it's almost game over.
if you play 230 and someone uses 145 height well, it's almost game over. And so on...
It would create a situation where the one that encountered the best matchups wins, which is pure luck about pairings.

I would say no to hotogium-byxis-kerbecs.

"The Libra wheel would definitely be like Basalt in this meta-game. In the balanced meta-game [The previous one] Libra was banned, and I think it should be banned here too."
Consider that to be like basalt
Libra has to be a NEAR PERFECT defense custom outspinning staminas too.

it has to be tested, but i don't think it will ever reach basalt levels (and to be banned it doesn't need to reach exactly basalt level)
(May. 05, 2011  5:51 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: "The Libra wheel would definitely be like Basalt in this meta-game. In the balanced meta-game [The previous one] Libra was banned, and I think it should be banned here too."
Consider that to be like basalt
Libra has to be a NEAR PERFECT defense custom outspinning staminas too.

it has to be tested, but i don't think it will ever reach basalt levels (and to be banned it doesn't need to reach exactly basalt level)

well i am going to put this into my idea of the lists

libra, when used in typical defence combo such as MF-H libra GB145RS has same to slightly better results then MF-H earth bull GB145RS

in stamina earth wins
attack,they both stink

overall, libra isn't that overpowered

but in a weaker third format (flame instead of earth, WB instead of RS, right spin attack instead of left) libra would be to good
Allowing 230 into this format is absurd.
i think that basalt should be banned when used with 230 or BD145 . Thoese are the heights it "game breaking" at
I beleive Basalt should be banned. It tops the defense and stamina metagame. It's like a modern version of Libra and deserves to be banned.
basalt should not be banned at all!!! it now has weaknesses that makes it not godlike

you two do not seem to get what this thread is about, it is basically about having a second tier without overpowered beys like basalt, not a "should basalt be banned" thread

edit: by not banned i mean not banned for the first format/tier 1, in this format basalt is too powerful
i sorta agree and disagree some of them yes but latly i feel defence is ignored people getting worried attack cant beat defense and LLD beats Libra (for the most part on youtube videos i've seen ) an that we know attack should lose to Defense and the Maximum series is mostly Defense i think 230 BD145 Basalt all defense and we have seen attack types losing to those [owerful defense parts Basalt i understand cause of the circular shape maybe hell but i think BD145 is allowed for sure and 230 is a middlen for me maybe only some of the maximum series as suggested im just saying that attack should only get low % on attack its nothing to be worried about a normal thing happening
I think you just have to allow all parts, cause people will just get to the old top tier list. just use some simple rules like if you want to you Maximum series parts than it it is allowed but only 1 part and 1 3 tier that gos along with it. And in th e case of Basalt no MF or just a simple MF and with a more fragile bottom.
Basalt without the use of rubber tips.
and 230 without Basalt and test it against attackers with a lighter base to not overpower low attackers.
And the 4D beyblades also the same no BD145 on it and maybe lower the cleer wheels weight on it. Like Bull, Cancer, And Kerbecks should not be allowed cause you alreaddy have th PC frame on it.
That will give people some time to think about what the are going to use.
Note the beys got to lose a bit of dominance but not get useless aswel.
Ok guys:
i'd like you to test:

MF-H Libra GB145 CS VS MF Lightning L Drago 90 RF AND MF Gravity(heavy mold) Perseus 90 RF

Perseus was able to outspin it by stealing spin, do you obtain the same results?
If Basalt was banned, why wouldn't LLD be banned. Dominates everything (mostly) in it's way. Bd145, or Tank is making every combo good. That along with the rest should also be banned. 230 shouldn't because that's not really dominating anymore. Oh and I find Earth to be better than Libra...
Guy's, without 230 or BD145, doesn't Vulcan just kill everything again?
Don't forget Gravity and Beat! GB145 is good as well, but 230 and BD145 outclass slightly..
(May. 05, 2011  5:32 PM)Electric Wrote: The Libra wheel would definitely be like Basalt in this meta-game. In the balanced meta-game [The previous one] Libra was banned, and I think it should be banned here too.

Um the main reason for libra being banned wouldn't apply now... Also libra only has use defence whereas basalt has use in both defence and stamina which makes it a more formidable part.
Libra was used in MF Libra CH120RF, didn't it?
And Libra is a pretty decent stamina wheel aswell.
230 makes luck be more relevant imo.
it generates auto loss matchups.
would we appreciate the best blader to win, or the luckiest in pairings?

in my opinion, lld is good, but definitely not overpowered.
in atk vs atk, every decent wheel can deal with it.
LOW HEIGHT defense beys that don't get outspinned can manage to do something as well.

and yeah, i prefer earth over libra, too.
(May. 06, 2011  10:34 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: Ok guys:
i'd like you to test:

MF-H Libra GB145 CS VS MF Lightning L Drago 90 RF AND MF Gravity(heavy mold) Perseus 90 RF

Perseus was able to outspin it by stealing spin, do you obtain the same results?

I tested MF Gravity Perseus 90RF and it was mauling MF-H Libra GB145CS. I never remembered Libra being this easy to KO, LOL.

(May. 06, 2011  11:23 PM)SajjanSV Wrote: Guy's, without 230 or BD145, doesn't Vulcan just kill everything again?

Well if it did, then it would likely be ineligible for this format also ...